URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1613
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Even More Confused"

Posted by BigBen on 04-29-08 at 01:03 AM
Gang,
Last Week I had pegged Noelle as the one to go all the way. She went all the way home. This week I had guessed Amanda to be the one Matt would pick as his wife. Wow, was I ever wrong again.
Lucky for me I am too old to be a contestant on one of these shows. I guess I love to live vicariously through the eyes and ears of the TV Camera.
Just call me a Dirty Old Man.
Ben

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Even More Confused"
Posted by Runnr3003 on 04-29-08 at 02:17 AM
Oh man... I couldnt believe it! How dissappointing.

Though I am hoping he will, or has already picked Chelsea to be his bride - my guess is that he picks Shayne.

Posted by observer on 04-29-08 at 04:09 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-08 AT 04:12 AM (EST)

Amanda played a prank on Matt, and pranks are mean. Also, Amanda said the word "like" so much I hit the mute button.

Because of that, I wasn't surprised when Matt didn't choose Amanda.

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-29-08 at 01:16 PM
Yes, I agree, I was shocked when Amanda went home and not Chelsea. But, this show is all about deception. The one you think will win is usually the loser. All I can say is that Shayne and Matt seem to enjoy themselves the most when they are together....she is really enjoying herself, and I think Matt is charmed, to say the least.

I thought it was hilarious though last night when Matt started prodding Shayne to have a real conversation, say about American Politics...she sure dodged that bullet! Ha!

While I think he should pick Shayne, yet I fear that it will be the "standoffish" Chelsea...that relationship would be fated to fail before it even started...

Posted by Karchita on 04-29-08 at 06:37 PM
Yep, I'm confused, too.

I thought Noelle had the looks, smarts and class that Matt would want, but no.

Then I thought Amanda was the one, despite the lame practical joke, but no.

Chelsea and Matt seem to have nothing in commom and she isn't even that interested in him. I have no idea why she is still around.

I know why Shane is still around - sex appeal and sex appeal alone - but I am having trouble thinking Matt is that dumb.

The odds of anything between Matt and Shane or Chelsea lasting longer than about 5 minutes? Zilch.

Matt has really disappointed me. I usually like at least one of the final three, but not this time, and now it's the worst final two ever. I may not even watch next week.

Posted by Runnr3003 on 04-29-08 at 09:01 PM
Ditto Karchita!! I dont much care for Matt anymore and am dissappointed as well. In watching his body language he does not appear to be that sincere to any of them thus far. The closest to being sincere I would say is when he is with Shayne. Overall, his picks seem curious at best. I'm sure that both Chelsea and Shayne are really truly lovely gals, as have been each of the women, (cept for Marshana), each with their own qualities that all women bring to life.

While I dont much agree with some of Observer's comments, perhaps Observer was right a few threads back when he said that Amanda was in it for an acting career and I believe he suggested that Matt was as well. I'm thinking that an agenda is highly likely here on Matt's part, and definetely not his alone.

I dont think The Bachelor show is really going in the direction of what it was orginally intended for - A man looking for love, and for the right woman. It seems that now its more of a chance for a man to find the right career, albeit acting or modeling, and 3 overnight dates with ready and willing women in exotic locations. (What man wouldnt, right?)

Just once I'd like to see one woman say 'No thanks.. But we can go for a walk on the beach' to an overnight date and forego the fantasy sweet.

I'm hoping that The Bachelorette is different, and is full of sincerity. Maybe thats just my wishful thinking. : )

I think if he picks Shayne, they are either A) going to make it a while and maybe even get married and divorce a few years down the road in that oh so fun celebrity way, or B) they are already broken up. If he picks Chelsea, they are still together and either A) Stay together for about 1 year, or B) they break up shortly after the finale is shown and she is found to be dating someone else and Matt is not broken hearted.

I'll get off my soapbox now. : )