URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID18
Thread Number: 161
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Blowsvivor News Guide August 14, 2001"

Posted by HawkEye on 08-14-01 at 08:28 PM

Kismet's Eye In The Sky

*Special Blowsvivor Edition* News Guide August 14, 2001
Episode 10 - The Birds

For those who might have missed it, get your butt's in gear and read the longest Blowsvivor Episode to date.
Act 1: "Eye of Providence"

Act 2: "Mandelbrot Set"

Act 3: "Omphalos"

Act 4: "Halo Effect"

and for anyone still confused we have the followup, OMG <click> will this dabo guy ever finish?
Act 5: "Missing Pieces"

Visiting Whores!!!

For some reason the Blowsvivor sleeeve has completely forgotten his roots from our little home, and pulled a Dr. Sean on us. At the very least Dr. Sean was never one of us to begin with so shame on you sleeeve! See what I mean here:survivorsleeeve, ROFLMAO
Sleeeve's site

Sleeeve looses site of reality

OFG's Offical Resource Guide is Back

It keeps going, and going, and going.the OutFrontenerGizer bunny
OFG's Guide to Resources

15 Minute Update

More whoring from the Blowsvivor contestant, lead by IceCat. I mean really Ice couldn't you wait until it was your time to go before you started promoing your new movie rolls? Your 15 minutes are almost up. you guys are killing me, make it stop, MakeItStop!
The Tribes Have Spoken, time for you to go!

Preview's, Preview's, Get Your Preview's

Just when you thought Blowsvivor was over there is more!!!go GG, go GG, go GG
janisella's Got the Scoop!

Give me a G, and a G, what does it spell? GG's Official Preview!

Vote, Anybody, ANYBODY?

WE got a vote thresd up. Remember to Vote Early, Vote Often and Make Waves!
Ep 11 - Vote Thresd

Last Item, the website

Official Blowsvivor Website

HawkEye

Nothing can hide from the eye of a HAWK, except a subliminal message or six

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Must... Click..."
Posted by IceCat on 08-14-01 at 08:53 PM

... Big Shiny Button!!!!

Meow!

"RE: Must... Click..."
Posted by George Tirebiter on 08-14-01 at 09:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-01 AT 09:02 PM (EST)

*wads up a big ball of aluminum foil and tosses it IceCat's way. . .*

GT
(whose cats loved this above all overpriced store-bought toys--especially good when lobbed into a large paper sack!)

Edited cuz "paper" was apparently too hard to spell on one try. . .

"Meow"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-16-01 at 03:18 AM

>Meow!

Meow to you too, Ice.
What are you asking for in this subtle way?
Do you want food or do you want to go run around the neighborhood and caterwaul?

"RE: Blowsvivor News Guide August 14, 2001"
Posted by George Tirebiter on 08-14-01 at 08:57 PM
HawkEye! Glad to see the rumors of your retirement were greatly exaggerated!

One thing that jumps out at me here is that one of BV's steadfast supporters--and spoilers--has earned herself a justifiable piece of Ho' Pie, proving that this is EVERYONE'S game! All you need is a complete lack of shame and a desire to increase your DAWs. Way to go, janisella!

Now. . . where are your dubious skills at spoiling, Hawk? GG's given us so little to work with, we need all the help we can get making sense of it! I'd certainly like half a clue as to what's looming in our future. . .

GT

Posted by not sleeeve on 08-14-01 at 09:02 PM
Excellent news guide, Hawkeye... I loved the hidden messages!!! I was lmao over, and over, and over.

Do NOT visit survivorsleeeve.com... It's a trap!!! He's secretly logging your IP addresses and your social security numbers, and he will use them to take over your lives and destroy the world!!!

That is all... this message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

There is NOTHING up my sleeeve...

"Huh?"
Posted by George Tirebiter on 08-14-01 at 09:12 PM
Ummm. . . notsleeeve? Far be it for me to criticize, as I've had my share of premature postings and missing content--but if you leave a blank message, you know this crowd will go wild trying to figure out what you really meant! . . .

Or ARE you trying to take advantage of that, à la IceCat's "t" thresd?

Just asking, that's all--

GT

"RE: Huh?"
Posted by not sleeeve on 08-14-01 at 09:25 PM
The message isn't blank... It's just written in the same subtle way that all of HawkEye's humor was written.

There is NOTHING up my sleeeve...

Posted by George Tirebiter on 08-14-01 at 09:37 PM
LMAO, notsleeevie. . . We've missed you--and your alter-ego, too!

GT

Posted by HawkEye on 08-14-01 at 10:26 PM
Yes, "not sleeeve" what is the meaning of this?

*waves* at "not sleeeve" and GT

HawkEye

Nothing can hide from the eye of a HAWK, except well nothing subliminal that is

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-14-01 at 11:51 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-01 AT 03:09 AM (EST)

THERE IS NOTHING SUBLIMINAL IN THIS EMPTY MESSAGE. FORGET IT!

Indeed, our resident expert in emptiness manages to outshine Ice's ability to make nothing out of nothing (hey, Ice said it, not me)--at least Ice still had the "nothing" to show for his effort--but Not Sleeve's non-effort makes it all too transparent that there's no there there to his nothingness.

He's not bad at the chain-yanking gig though, if GG could be persuaded to share the role.

Edited to wave and say Hi Hawk! Thank you for the great Newsguide installment! How about a little memo, hmmm?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-16-01 at 02:51 AM
>Yes, "not sleeeve" what is the
>meaning of this?
>
*waves* at "not sleeeve" and
>GT

>
>HawkEye
>
>
>Nothing can hide from the eye
>of a HAWK, except well
>nothing subliminal that is
>

*waves at everyone before her batteries run down*

"Subtle is as subtle does"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-16-01 at 02:45 AM
>The message isn't blank... It's
>just written in the same
>subtle way that all of
>HawkEye's humor was written.
>
>
>
>
>
>There is NOTHING up my sleeeve...

>

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-16-01 at 02:43 AM
Another DAW just begging for exposure:

>Excellent news guide, Hawkeye... I
>loved the hidden messages!!!
>I was lmao over, and
>over, and over.
>
>Do NOT visit survivorsleeeve.com... It's a
>trap!!! He's secretly logging your
>IP addresses and your social
>security numbers, and he will
>use them to take over
>your lives and destroy the
>world!!!
>
>That is all... this message will
>self destruct in 5 seconds.
>
>
>
>There is NOTHING up my sleeeve...

>

"RE: Duh. . ."
Posted by George Tirebiter on 08-16-01 at 01:11 PM
So now we have to peruse EVERY message to see what's hidden? *sigh* Funny, I don't mind, but lame-ass attempts at subterfuge are a waste of time. . .

>Excellent news guide, Hawkeye... I
>loved the hidden messages!!!
>I was lmao over, and
>over, and over.
>
>Do NOT visit survivorsleeeve.com... It's a
>trap!!! He's secretly logging your
>IP addresses and your social
>security numbers, and he will
>use them to take over
>your lives and destroy the
>world!!!
>
>That is all... this message will
>self destruct in 5 seconds.

And YOU, notsleeeve. . . if you're serious about combatting survivorsleeeve's "obviously" illegal activities, should you be couching your message in hidden code? This strikes me as less than believable!

And whatever happened with your promise to wrap up the European Clown sightings? Sloppy work, notsleeeve, very sloppy. . .

GT

Posted by Kismet on 08-15-01 at 02:25 PM
Great job as usual Hawkeye, if only a tad late. I am way behind over here from my weekend, so it is a great help! I love the subliminal messages too! I have tried to figure out how to do that here for a long time! Of course OFG's little drum is now giving me a headache.

Kismet
--Who can't wait to vote with the html secret!

"Do you ever get down on your knee's and thank God that you know me and have access to my dementia?"

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-16-01 at 02:57 AM
I love the subliminal messages
>too! I have tried to
>figure out how to do
>that here for a long
>time! Of course OFG's little
>drum is now giving me
>a headache.>
>Kismet
Who can't wait to vote
>with the html secret!

*OFG's drum's going slower and slower and slower and yet it's so maddening it's going on and on and on and where is MakeItStop anyway when you need her?*

Posted by MakeItStop on 08-16-01 at 10:25 AM
Yes, I think these "secret" messages should STOP! It takes too long to read the messages. Have pity on those of us that are reading this stuff at work.

OFG - keep up the good work exposing these secret messages.

"Subliminal?"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 08-15-01 at 09:45 PM
What's subliminal about it? This is just plain hidden -- no fleeting glimpses, which you need for true subliminality. Kis, what is OFG's drum that you referred to? HawkEye, great use of the subliminal jokes and clues. notsleeeve, ROFL!

"RE: Subliminal?"
Posted by Kismet on 08-15-01 at 09:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-01 AT 01:06 AM (EST)

I honestly don't know Aya. What I do know is that I am suddenly very hungry for some fried chicken. LMAO AK! Have you been doing this since Dave's posts on the Beast? Hawk called OFG the energizer bunny. I love the little twirly thing she does with the drumsticks, but the noise makes my teeth hurt and my head ache.
Kismet
"Do you ever get down on your knee's and thank God that you know me and have access to my dementia?"

"RE: Subliminal?"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-16-01 at 03:05 AM
>LMAO AK! Have you
>been doing this since Dave's
>posts on the Beast? Hawk
>called OFG the energizer bunny.
>I love the little twirly
>thing she does with the
>drumsticks, but the noise makes
>my teeth hurt and my
>head ache.
>Kismet

So it's the twirly drumsticks served subliminally that are making you crave chicken?

That's OK, Supe will come and stop your teeth from hurting very soon now. Meanwhile let me see what I can do about the volume. Hmmm, I can't seem to turn it down, but I can increase the frequency boomboomboomboomboomboomchickaboomboom
How is that? Better?

"Et tu, Aya?"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-16-01 at 02:48 AM
>What's subliminal about it?
This is just plain
>hidden -- no fleeting glimpses,
>which you need for true
>subliminality. Kis, what is
>OFG's drum that you referred
>to? HawkEye, great use
>of the subliminal jokes and
>clues. notsleeeve, ROFL!

I suppose this is one way to move on from judging thong contests...

"Subliminals"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-16-01 at 02:24 AM
Six? Let's see:
Yep, it appears HawkEye CAN count his subliminals...

1)
>and for anyone still confused we have the followup, OMG <click> will this dabo guy ever finish?

2)
survivorsleeeve, ROFLMAO

3)
OFG's Offical Resource Guide is Back
It keeps going, and going, and going.
the OutFrontenerGizer bunny

4)
>Your 15 minutes are almost up.
you guys are killing me,
>make it stop, MakeItStop!

5)>Just when you thought Blowsvivor
>was over there is more!!!
go GG, go GG, go
>GG

6)
>WE got a vote thresd
>up. Remember to Vote Early,
>Vote Often and
>Make Waves!

Nothing can hide from the eye of the OFG except text hidden between nonexistent font tags

"RE: Subliminals"
Posted by Survivorerist on 08-16-01 at 03:08 AM
>>>Nothing can hide from the eye of the OFG except text hidden between nonexistent font tags<<<

Oh yeah?

>

When I was little I prayed to God for a bike, but then I realized God doesn't work like that. So I stole a bike then prayed for forgiveness.

"Hey I see you "
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-16-01 at 03:15 AM
*Waves at Surv but has to put down her twirly drumsticks to do it and loses her balance and falls on her face where she just lies there trying to bang on her drum with her head*

Posted by not sleeeve on 08-16-01 at 03:22 AM

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-16-01 at 03:37 AM
>This is my favorite one, Surv...
>thanks for the reminder... It's
>great to have a little
>hidden text, but this is
>truly evil... *sleeeve laughs maliciously*

sleeeve laughing subliminally in not sleeeve's post? OMG that IS truly evil!

EVIL, you say? Did someone call me out of the darkness again for this paltry gig?
Oh, not sleeeve, while I'm here--I have a mission for you...

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-16-01 at 12:03 PM
Way to "Spoil" the fun spoiler girl.
Wouldn't it have been better to let people have the fun of figuring it out, rather then to just tell everyone what each post said?

"Back in high school..."
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-16-01 at 01:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-01 AT 07:26 PM (EST)

>Way to "Spoil" the fun spoiler
>girl.
>Wouldn't it have been better to
>let people have the fun
>of figuring it out, rather
>then to just tell everyone
>what each post said?

Ebug--I could ask more or less the same thing:
Wouldn't it have been better if you'd just let me have some fun "spoiling" it rather than making a negative remark?

I wasn't trying to spoil the collective "fun of figuring it out" By the time I published the posts, lots of time had gone by. One group of 7 posters had picked up on it right away and the rest were not noticing and were left out.

I posted to include the people who didn't realize the "joke" was happening. In fact it wasn't that "fun" looking at the hidden text with all the other code in those messages--so I thought I was saving people from going through the same effort.

Also, I wanted to respond in the open...
I wouldn't have said anything if you had just let me have some fun replying to the hidden text--the part that was teasing me. I played with it instead of getting annoyed but apparently it's not OK for the game to go both directions.

I don't think it's nice or fun to use hidden text to make little jabs at other posters--whether here, on the vote thresd, or anywhere else. What HawkEye did was good-natured and he announced that he put in subliminal messages.

The two of you (you know who you are) aren't being "friendly" on any level. Just because it's subtle and not as overt as the Leif to BadAs harassment doesn't mean it's not petty and unworthy of you guys. At least they went back and forth at each other, but you guys have been playing a one-sided game while I tried to not engage.

It's fun to play reciprocal games with other posters when there's friendship behind it--and quite another to keep making negative jabs at people that you've decided you don't like.
People who don't realize that serious bad feelings are getting played out in these little remarks probably won't see why I am annoyed, but that's the thing about little jabs--they add up into a whole that's larger than any one remark.

This is not the way to go about keeping things peaceful.

Just being out front--fed up with feeling like I'm back in high school, that's all.
-----------------------
Edited to clarify that I DIDN"T KNOW about the highlight and scroll trick until today (the day after). I only knew "Reply with Quotes"--so I was looking at the hidden text in a reply post window with all the tags, code, and other text, comparing that with the original--and it WAS a lot of work to sort it out. So I thought, I'll make it easy and post it and then no one else will have to go through so much effort to read it. I am pretty new to this html stuff. LMAO at myself for a wasted effort!

"RE: Back in high school..."
Posted by Drive My Car on 08-16-01 at 03:27 PM
Whoa, wait a minute.
Who is taking things too seriously? I didn't make a negative comment. The fun was in letting people "find" the text themselves.

I never used hidden text to make a "jab" at someone else. It was a joke, I clearly meant for everyone to see it. ( do you really think I believe that GG loves me? ) It isn't really "hidden" when all someone has to do is scroll over it, and there it is highlighted.

Am I no longer allowed to make jokes without your permission?

What harrassment? I am not harrassing anyone.

Truthfully, I find everything you said to be insulting. I don't feel I said anything to deserve this kind of response from you.

Is that out front enough for you?

"Defining Fun"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 08-16-01 at 05:35 PM
Well E--
You say--"The fun was in letting people "find" the text themselves." Isn't that defining fun in your terms only? It struck me as fun to print it all out and make responses. I thought it was put out there by Hawkeye to get played around with freely--and as I said before plenty of time had passed for other people to enjoy the game.

As to the jabs--hidden text wasn't the point. I didn't mean to make a lot of that. Of course the posts were meant to be read. I understand too that they were put out there as jokes and I am not so overly serious as you seem to think.

I do think it's a question of balance as to whether they feel like jokes to the person they reference. There are lots of ways to make jokes fun for the recipient and I know you know how to use them, bug, because I have seen you use them with others. There are waves, winks, a few positive words slipped into the mix... and all is fun.

If people have stopped having a friendly dialogue with each other in chat or on the boards (and we used to have that I thought, but it's been noticeably absent for awhile)--then "jokes" that don't make the effort to also express some good will are not going to be appreciated. That's reality. Let's not pretend there hasn't been weirdness going on between some people and that other people aren't expressing loyalties in various rather subtle ways.

It's not the case, as you suggest, that I take your statements overly-literally. (A literalist I am not.) Negative energy comes through from the general feel, and the repetition of that slightly negative tone eventually adds up to the same thing as a big burst of flak...it's worse in a way because it's very hard to point out in a single example. If you were unaware of this effect, than I am most sorry if I insulted you, but I would hope you would be OK with hearing that the reception was muddy...

If I was wrong about this, and I took a friendly voice the wrong way--well,in my experience here, when people who have friendly feelings towards someone get wrongly interpreted--their response is to immediately make it clear they are really the person's friend and are just teasing. Look at your own goodbye thread for an example of that. That did not happen in this case...

You can make all the jokes you want if they are amusing you. I'm not the joke police. (And you're not the hidden text police, I would hope.) In the event you thought I was enjoying your comments to me (and those you have pointed towards GT)--I thought it was time to be clear that I wasn't. Sort of like BA saying he'd had enough with the grammar corrections even though Leif was having a great time.

I don't want to get in a feud--not at all. I just got to the point where I needed to clear the air. This is all I want to say about it. Now you can carry on with the program previously in progress...

*goes off to literally smell her roses and chill out*

"The News Guide and Gray Text"
Posted by AyaK on 08-16-01 at 11:27 PM
First off, for those wondering what was going on above --- HawkEye wrote six messages in gray text in his "News Guide"/EITS post. He used the color of gray that matched the background in his table, so the messages were invisible against the background unless you did one of two things: 1) highlighted the text using your cursor, or 2) replied to the thread with a quote (in which case you could see the source code).

Survivorerist and not sleeeve responded to the thread (after OFG started revealing the messages using the "reply with quote" feature) by hiding text a different way -- in an HTML tag. That is invisible unless you use "reply with quote."

As far as the last four posts above *sigh*, I presumed that everyone who wrote a "hidden" message expected that sooner or later they would all be revealed.

On to my last point for tonight ... BV is getting down to the point where we really can see the ending. NO ONE, not even me, knows how it will end. GG gets to take it to four, dangerkitty to three, flying squirrel to two, and I get to pick the winner --- so I might have an idea how it would end if I knew who the final two were, but I don't! Whether this is still fun, though, depends upon all of you. I hope everyone is still enjoying this game. If not, take heart, because (like an East Coast summer), it will be all over but the post-game polling by Labor Day.

"RE: The News Guide and Gray Text"
Posted by sleeeve on 08-16-01 at 11:50 PM
Thank you, oh evil dictator, for continuing to keep us in-formed and in line. And still allowing us to be a little in-sane!!!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...