URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1606
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you think will win?"

Posted by shimane22 on 03-22-09 at 00:25 AM
So we're about halfway done with this thing, I thought I'd throw out some speculation.

These teams are fairly evenly matched so anything couple happen, but my gut feeling is that Christie/Jodi, Kisha/Jen, and Mark/Michael are the weakest teams remaining and most likely going to be eliminated before the final. Plug Mel/Mike into the "sentimental favorite gets fourth place" slot and that leaves a final three of Tammy/Victor, Margie/Luke, and Jamie/Cara.

This seems plausible to me because Tammy/Victor are an obvious choice to reach the end and the editors have been working hard to show us the close relationship between Margie/Luke and the redheads which makes me think they go far.

What do you think?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you think will win?"
Posted by Belle Book on 03-22-09 at 10:14 AM
I definitely think Cara & Jamie and Tammy & Victor will make the finals. I thought Mark & Michael would be the third place team, but you might be right in thinking Margie & Luke get there instead.

Posted by shimane22 on 04-21-09 at 00:07 AM
Speculation based on the preview for Episode 10 (Beijing):

Looks like the painful foot massage is a roadblock that is completed by Cara, Luke, and Kisha.

Tammy/Victor's absence makes me think they take the Fast Forward on this leg.

That would leave the swimming task shown in the preview as one of the detour options-- why would Kisha and Jen choose this task when Jen has a crippling fear of water? The only explanation I can think of is that they get U-Turned, probably by Margie/Luke's allies Jaime and Cara.

I suppose both detour tasks could involve water or the swimming is just a task that everyone has to do, but I can really see things playing out as I have envisioned.

Posted by Max Headroom on 04-21-09 at 07:28 AM
Didn't Kisha also have a swimsuit on during the preview? Whatever the task may be, it looks like both team members must complete it.

Posted by Snidget on 04-21-09 at 07:48 AM
Looked like a both members must complete. It might be a Route Info kind of task, or the other option in the detour is just as bad for a water-phobe.

Posted by dabo on 04-21-09 at 09:32 AM
Cara/Jaime

We've had absolutely no politics this season about the first all-female team to win, most curious.

Posted by MaryKat on 04-21-09 at 10:00 AM
I hope it is Tammy and Victor. I have not seen them do anything that would turn me against them this race.

Posted by Belle Book on 04-22-09 at 03:27 PM
With the Final Four set (and a surprising LaKisha & Jen in it), I think that Cara & Jamie will be the first all-female team to win The Amazing Race. I think LaKisha & Jen and Margie & Luke will join them in the Final 3 now, leaving poor Tammy & Victor out in the cold.

Posted by john_jaded on 04-26-09 at 08:22 PM
I really wish it's either jamie & cara or tammy & victor.. but i don't like victor.. his voice is so annoying lol..

"Post Episode 10 Speculation"
Posted by shimane22 on 04-27-09 at 04:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-09 AT 04:16 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-27-09 AT 04:15 PM (EST)

I think Victor's comment along the lines of "we will shame our family and the Chinese people if we get eliminated in Beijing" means they are doomed to go out on the penultimate leg.

This show drops heavy anvils of foreshadowing all the time...

Cara/Jaime with all their talk of never winning a leg remind me a lot of Eric and Danielle from All-Stars, who notched their only leg win (and a sweet million) at the very end. Of course, Nate and Jen from TAR 12 had a similar storyline and that turned out very differently...

I don't think I've ever seen a racer descend so rapidly into the "villain edit" as Margie has in the past two episodes. I'm thinking this is a pretty good sign that she and Luke aren't our winners.

Don't know what to make of Kisha and Jen, but I have a really hard time seeing them win based on what we've seen so far...

I find it interesting that they've been downplaying the "first all-female team to win" thing this season... I don't recall hearing it at all (maybe when the flight attendants came in first?), whereas with Dustin/Kandice it was mentioned almost every week. I really think an all-female team will pull out the win this time around.

"RE: Post Episode 10 Speculation"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-27-09 at 04:17 PM
I saw that as well about Margie descending into a villain edit, but I submit that Kisha/Jen have fallen even further. We were repeatedly shown negative soundbites from them about several things, not just about Luke.

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

Posted by suzzee on 04-27-09 at 05:20 PM
Right you are, I sometimes try to watch like a normal viewer and just see how my reactions are. Margie/Luke and Kesha/Jen aren't coming off too well this close to the end. Tammy/Victor have been coming up in my estimation, Cara/Jamie perked up this episode. It depends on the rest of this leg but I'm thinking one of those two teams is the winner.

Posted by Belle Book on 04-27-09 at 07:28 PM
Me too. I think either Cara & Jamie or Tammy & Victor will be the winners. LaKisha & Jen, however, did have a moment which softened their edit a bit. Margie & Luke -- not so much.