URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 160
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Week 13 Discussion"

Posted by anotherkim on 12-02-04 at 08:02 PM
Once the show airs, keep it here until after midnight EST to keep our West Coasters safe from the outcome.

Thanks!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Week 13 Discussion"
Posted by tempo on 12-02-04 at 09:05 PM
Why is it that middle-aged people in Trump's employ continue to call him Mr. Trump while he calls them by their first names? These people are so far up Trump's XXX that they need the Jaws of Life to extract them. It is sooooo annoying watching these lackeys fall all over themselves in adoration of him. Is all of Big Business so monarcheal?

Posted by seahorse on 12-02-04 at 09:08 PM
Obviously that's the kind of person he wants working for him.

Posted by seahorse on 12-02-04 at 09:10 PM
Challenge is to sell new Mars candy bars made by putting M&Ms in the candy.

Looks like Lucy's episode with the chocolate on a conveyer belt.

Posted by seahorse on 12-02-04 at 09:14 PM
Jen and Sandy are concerned the other team will be able to make more candy bars since they have three people on their team.

Sandy and Jen made 290 bars. Ivana, Kelly and Kevin made 323 bars.

Posted by seahorse on 12-02-04 at 09:19 PM
Jen and Sandy sold some for $5.

Ivana and the guys were selling them for $@ or 2 for $3. Kevin sold some for $1.

Time for Ivana to spring to action.

Posted by seahorse on 12-02-04 at 09:24 PM
Ivana sold at least one bar for $20 by dropping her skirt.

Posted by seahorse on 12-02-04 at 09:26 PM
The girls (Mosaic) doubled what Ivana and the guys did, over $1000 to just over $500.

Posted by volsfan on 12-02-04 at 09:25 PM
Is Ivana FINALLY gone?

Posted by seahorse on 12-02-04 at 09:27 PM
We shall see.

Posted by speardefense33 on 12-02-04 at 09:28 PM
She has to. I mean she HAS to. There's a difference between using sex appeal and being resourceful and somewhat creative, which is what Jen and Sandy did...and then there's desperation like Ivana did. Nasty.

Posted by volsfan on 12-02-04 at 09:29 PM
I agree!

Posted by CantStandToLook on 12-02-04 at 09:31 PM
Ivana has to be toast. They were representing M&M's/MARS.

I can't imagine that the executives would be too happy to know that she was out there droppin trou to sell their candy. Weren't there women and children out on the streets too?

I agree Nasty...and what was up ith those panties...sexy..I think NOT

"It's a retro WinterSlice sig"

Posted by CantStandToLook on 12-02-04 at 09:26 PM
are you f*cking kidding me....these people are really excited about meeting with BIll....I DONT THINK SO.

worst reward ever

Posted by volsfan on 12-02-04 at 09:27 PM
He is cute but I agree with you...WTF?

Posted by okca on 12-02-04 at 10:11 PM
can you tell it is a FREE product placement for the new trump chicago building

Posted by munson on 12-02-04 at 11:25 PM
This entire show is one prodcut placement after another.

Kinda tacky, just like the man himself.

Posted by freedomguy on 12-03-04 at 00:57 AM
I agree. What a letdown meeting Bill, and a shameless promotion of another Trump building. I'll take the diamonds at the jewelry shop.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 12-02-04 at 09:29 PM
ok billy boy can shut up now....boring

that reward is soo much better than 10K in diamonds or meeting Elton John or John McEnroe. puuuhleaaaaaaaseeeeeee

Posted by volsfan on 12-02-04 at 09:30 PM
that was so lame for her to say that was the best reward ever!

CSTL...r u in ATL tonight? I have friend seeing Duran Duran in concert tonight down there!

Posted by CantStandToLook on 12-02-04 at 09:32 PM
nope, I'm in Brownsville TX....and OMG the women here are all 10s. Makes a guy want to get up and move to TX.

Posted by volsfan on 12-02-04 at 09:40 PM
Well, go out tonight and have fun! But be safe!

Posted by seahorse on 12-02-04 at 09:29 PM
Sandy is getting off on the fact that Bill Ransic was similar to her in background and education. The girls were excited to meet him.

Posted by seahorse on 12-02-04 at 09:39 PM
It don't look good for Ivana in the board room after her flashing.

Posted by okaychatt on 12-02-04 at 10:07 PM
<don't look good for Ivana in the board room

Nope, and it shouldn't. No female who wants to be taken seriously would strip to make a sale. The disgusted look on Carolyn's face was priceless.

Of course, no self-respecting female would pose semi-nude for a magazine, either.

Doesn't it ever dawn on these Y chromosome peeps that the men don't even consider dropping trou while on a business task?!

The whole lot of women are huge disappointments for truly professional women.

They're DAWS and deserve absolutely to not be taken seriously, wherever they work.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by tannl on 12-02-04 at 10:10 PM
Agreed.

Posted by volsfan on 12-02-04 at 09:41 PM
I agree...Ivana isn't coming across to well.

Posted by seahorse on 12-02-04 at 09:48 PM
Actually it was almost a love in. Nobody wanted to really criticize the others and the fact that Ivana stripped did her in.

Posted by volsfan on 12-02-04 at 09:46 PM
WOO freakin HOO!

Ivana is GONE!

Posted by speardefense33 on 12-02-04 at 09:47 PM
I'm coining a new term, "boardroom drowning", after Ivana. That's the best way I can describe it. Just falling deeper and deeper underwater without anyone throwing her a life raft.

Posted by volsfan on 12-02-04 at 09:49 PM
I like it! That is exactly what happened!

Posted by CantStandToLook on 12-02-04 at 09:52 PM
check yer wavvy flag

Posted by speardefense33 on 12-02-04 at 09:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-04 AT 09:58 PM (EST)

Huh? What's this about wavvy flags? Did I miss something?

Posted by volsfan on 12-02-04 at 10:24 PM
You can send someone a private message by clicking on the second icon to the left in the upper right hand portion of any post! CSTL was telling me that I have a private message from him!

You will be notified by a red flag that waves just under the links that run across the screen when hou log into RTVW!

Posted by okaychatt on 12-02-04 at 10:10 PM
<Ivana is GONE!

It's about d*** time! I've been itching for her to go since the episode where she and Maria went $5,000 over budget.

Why on earth would Trump hesitate between Ivana and Kevin? He made the right decision on this one.

"Funny how these things work out..."
Posted by volsfan on 12-02-04 at 09:48 PM
We started out men vs. women and we get to the final four and it is men vs. women!

"Ivana's Gone"
Posted by Pepito on 12-02-04 at 09:59 PM
Bummer. Not that I care anything about Ivana, I just wish it were Jen M instead...

"RE: Ivana's Gone"
Posted by tannl on 12-02-04 at 10:08 PM
Once Ivana flashed her underwear, she was a goner. Jen would never stoop to that low level.

Posted by anotherkim on 12-02-04 at 10:13 PM
Wow. That was the most pathetic, desperate, immature unraveling of a "candidate" that I've seen. Ivana's petulant, whiny attempt to drag Jen in and her constant comments about Jen and Sandy's outfits? Jealous, thy name is Ivana.

Posted by tannl on 12-02-04 at 10:18 PM
Ivana is so jealous of good looking women, she can't see straight.
If she had just concentrated on selling the group's candy instead of following Mosaic around, her team may have had a chance.

Posted by kidflash212 on 12-02-04 at 10:57 PM
I agree - I kept wanting to tell her shut up about Jenn, already. She can't be fired, she's not in the boardroom. Did she expect Trump to say "You're right Ivanna, someone go get Jenn so I can fire her". Ivanna was just in a total freefall. Even Andy (who was nearly as jealous of Kelly) had the brains not to try to talk Trump into firing someone who wasn't eligible to be fired.

Posted by munson on 12-02-04 at 11:31 PM
I think Ivana knew she was toast by the way things were going and tried to do something for which I will always remember her well.

She tried to take Jenn down with her! You know, just fertilize the seed that had already been planted in previous Boardrooms for Trump and Carolyn.

Posted by okaychatt on 12-02-04 at 10:14 PM
Can't wait to hear his voice over about Ivana's firing.

Did anyone else catch how badly he wanted details on the extent of the strip tease? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Posted by djandy on 12-03-04 at 11:18 AM
Although Trump did say when he fired Ivana that she stripped, and he's not hiring a stripper. hahaha Ivana sure took a nosedive from the ice cream episode when she said that she'd rather be fired than sell herself to sell ice cream.

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

Posted by tannl on 12-02-04 at 10:29 PM
Ivana is so evil and underhanded. Before the boardroom, she hugs Kevin, pretending she was his friend. All the while she had every intention to take Kevin down by whatever means necessary. Kevin and Kelly on the other hand, were only interested in selling candy, while Ivana could not take her eyes off of what Jen and Sandy were doing. This proved to be her ultimate downfall.

Posted by bestbuy on 12-03-04 at 00:42 AM
No. In business you watch your competitors like a hawk. The reason they lost is because they "underestimated the competition" as Donald has said and Kelly has admitted doing. They lost because Kelly and Kevin lacked the competitive instinct.

Posted by tannl on 12-03-04 at 01:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-04 AT 01:45 AM (EST)

True but Ivana wasted all her energy trying to sabotaged the Mosaic team with her underhanded tactics, that it came back to bit her in the butt.

Even during the candy production, Ivana was obsessed with beating Jen to the point of failing to produce more volume. The Apex team had 3 members verus the two on the Mosaic team. Therefore, the Apex team should have been able to produce twice as much candy bars as Mosaic team.

"Only ONE Candy Bar????"
Posted by kidflash212 on 12-02-04 at 11:03 PM
Not good for Ivanna's self esteem - Only one man in Manhattan cared to see Ivanna's drawers.

"RE: Only ONE Candy Bar????"
Posted by tannl on 12-02-04 at 11:13 PM
After that stunt, the team did not sell much candy in the neighborhood. It would have been best for them to move to another location.

Posted by kidflash212 on 12-02-04 at 11:25 PM
I guess everyone in the vicinity suddenly lost their appetite.

Posted by munson on 12-02-04 at 11:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-04 AT 11:35 PM (EST)

It wouldn't have mattered. Apex could not compete on price. One of the guys (Kelly?) said it. There was no way they were going to get $5.00 per bar.

Their only hope was volume. If they had produced and sold twice as much product, then they might have had a chance.

"Is there some rule?"
Posted by kidflash212 on 12-02-04 at 11:08 PM
Why is that when they have had to sell something in the streets of Manhattan, the teams both wind up selling in the same area. Manhattan's a big place yet during the ice cream episode they both sold in Times Square and then this episode they both wind up in the Wall Street area. Is it to save money on camera crews?

"RE: Is there some rule?"
Posted by Pepito on 12-03-04 at 06:09 AM
You'd think that if they do for some reason have to sell in the same area, that Apex would have spread itself out, each team member standing on a different corner and selling individually, instead of all three of them clumped together and trying to sell to the same individual simultaneously... They could have taken advantage of their larger team by separating.

Jen and Sandy, of course, should stay together, as part of their gimmick was their "M&M Twins" bit, and it certainly didn't hurt them as they well outsold the larger Apex...

Ivana just wasn't thinking. Her teammates seemed rather lackluster. Ivana needed a better strategy than dropping her skirt. Yeeesshhh...