URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 160
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Did anyone see the commerical that ran yesterday!"

Posted by gysup on 11-27-01 at 09:20 AM
CBS was running a commerical yesterday saying that one team would be eliminated in China on Wednesday and that it was a photo finish. The impression I got was that it was a race to be the third team, but I could be wrong on that. They showed a flash picture of one of the Guidos and they quoted one of the Festers about not wanting to be eliminated at this point. I'm hoping that they are trying to throw us off the trail and that this means that the Guidos are history.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Did anyone see the commerical that ran yesterday!"
Posted by AmazingFan on 11-27-01 at 02:05 PM
Looks like the rickshaw race is the final element of the leg, so the Festers and Guidos really will be neck and neck at the finish line. Should be interesting... Go Festers!

"But..."
Posted by Canada Girl on 11-27-01 at 02:17 PM
I have to wonder about this since reading the spoiler about the Canoe.ca (.com?) TV listing that says they go to China AND Alaska. That would suggest that the show ends with the dog sled race to the finish...

Just a thought..

"RE: But..."
Posted by Cole on 11-27-01 at 02:41 PM
The preview from last week showed a scene of the Forbidden City, so the pitstop for this leg (11/28) will be in Beijing. The canoe listing for 12/5 says they go up the Great Wall (which goes near Beijing) and to Alaska. So for the 11/28 episode they either go directly to Beijing and do all sorts of things there or go to a city in between, say Hong Kong, and end up in Beijing. 12/5 starts with the Great Wall and then a flight to Alaska. As there is no elimination or pitstop on 12/5, I assume the race just keeps going. Perhaps 12/12 (the finale) has them going to Newfoundland and then New York. The race will certainly not end in Alaska, I can't imagine it would end anywhere but New York where it all started.

"RE: Did anyone see the commerical that ran yesterday!"
Posted by heresy on 11-28-01 at 03:19 PM
The photos of all four groups were seen in the following order:
Festers
Guido
F&M
GQ

I think they intend for us to think that all four teams are close at the finish -- I doubt that to be the case.

If we assume that the order of the pictures means anything, either GQ or the Festers (if you use reverse logic) go this week.