URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID105
Thread Number: 16
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Finale - 03-25-07"

Posted by sharnina on 03-25-07 at 11:05 PM
Wooo and Hoooo!

We had a beautiful day today. The weather was great and lunch at Hometown Bow-fey was lovely. Had a lazy afternoon napping and then some left over pizza for dinner.

Enough of that. Wooo and Hoooooo! My favorites won. The rest of the cast looks awesome. But... I thought of few of them looked a little older than teenage years. Just an interesting observation.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose. Must See TV

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Finale - 03-25-07"
Posted by bullzeye on 03-26-07 at 08:19 AM
No surpise at the outcome whatsoever, and of the remaning four, I think America got it right (with the obvious judges encouragment), in selecting Laura and Max. I think Laura will knock it out of the park - and I while I am somewhat sceptical of Max as Danny, he has demonstrated from Day 1 that he will do what it takes to play the role.

I was suprised when they introduced the rest of the case - I thought their selection would come afterwards, and involve choosing who best works with Sandy and Danny. And I agree - I was surprised at how old some of them looked - I look younger than half of the cast!

It will be interesting to see the Broadway reviews when the show opens.

A birthday present from Tribe

Posted by emydi on 03-26-07 at 09:02 AM
WooT!!!

Max looked like he was going to throw up!!

Yikes that is a scary cast...

Will A and S be understudies?

Posted by bullzeye on 03-26-07 at 09:51 AM
Will A and S be understudies?

Good question! It hadn't occurred to me that they will require understudies. Maybe that's why Austin didn't look shook up in the finale?

A birthday present from Tribe

Posted by Loree on 03-26-07 at 10:23 AM
The winners were who I expected to win. DH was sure that the guys already knew before it was announced. It was just the looks on their faces. Max seemed sure of it.

I wasn't really impressed with the rest of the cast. Oh well, I won't be going to see the show anyway. Curious how it will do on Broadway and whether it will really be a good move for Max and Laura.

Posted by dragonflies on 03-26-07 at 03:19 PM
Curious, I thought the girls knew, but not the boys. Max looked like he was doing everything he could not to cry. Sweet.

Posted by catsnotkids on 04-02-07 at 09:22 AM
I thought they both knew. It was as if they'd told them all prior.

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 03-26-07 at 04:36 PM
Laura stood out to me since the beginning. I just don't buy Max as Danny. Doodie maybe but not Danny.
Oh well It's not like I'm going to see the show. I totally hope this jump starts their careers. I wonder if the rest of the cast will resent them for "making it" so quickly

Posted by catsnotkids on 04-02-07 at 09:24 AM
ITA. Max as Danny? Doubtful, at best. His picture on the posters just isn't going to sell it.

Posted by fullofgrace2470 on 03-27-07 at 08:03 AM
*Does a happy dance!*

I think the right 2 won. Austin just never did it for me, while Max was always a contender. I know most of you don't agree, but I just love Max!

Posted by bole on 03-27-07 at 06:12 PM
I'm doing the happy dance too. America got it right with the winners.

Max is so sweet, yet has a sexiness about him too. I think came through when he sang "Hard to Handle". Side note: his ears are adorable.

I think Laura will be a great Sandy too. She looks like the girl next door, but when they sang their final song on the finale she had a flirty/sexy side to her just like Sandy. I will definitely be going to this broadway show.

Posted by emydi on 03-27-07 at 09:00 AM
I read in my paper today show starts 8/19 with previews starting 7/24

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 03-27-07 at 12:59 PM
America made the right decision, I think, even if Derek would have made a better Danny than either of them...Max will have to jazz up his Danny-ness in order to perform at top level.

As for the cast...Frenchy looked more like a Rizzo than Rizzo did, and that couldn't be the right cast. Last time I checked, the T-Birds were Danny, Kenickie, Sonny, Doody, and Putzie, so the fvcking fvck is Roger? That does...not...make...SENSE! Obviously I've never seen the stage version of Grease, but I can't imagine it being THAT different.

Posted by fullofgrace2470 on 03-27-07 at 06:00 PM
I wondered the same thing!