URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 1589
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"New game: Hamster House"

Posted by cahaya on 08-05-11 at 10:26 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-11 AT 08:24 PM (EST)

Hi, everyone! I'm Trulie Zhen (affectionately known as the Zenbot) the host of the Hamster House! We are inviting you hamsters to sign up as cast members in the Hamster House game, where you can outsmart, outwit, outthink, and outdo your Hamster House mates and even yourself!

1. Sign up: Anyone can sign up. Sign up in this thread. The Zenbot will accept up to the first 14 entries posted by Friday August 12, 11:00 p.m. All the Zenbot asks is that you commit to playing the game if you sign up. (Also see the Note* on the bottom of this post.)

2. Rules:
a. The weekly game thread is in two sections, the House and the Audience. The Zenbot will set this up each week.
* Only active hamsters who have not been evicted may post in the House.
* Anyone else except active hamsters may post in the Audience.
b. Active hamsters may PM any other active hamsters while they are in the House, starting after the signup period is over on Friday August 12, 11:00 p.m. Evicted hamsters may not PM other active hamsters regarding game play. Upon eviction, evicted hamsters may not disclose anything that occured while they were in the House.
c. Hamsters may enter into any agreements they want. They are not required to abide by these agreements. They may choose to disclose (or not disclose or even misrepresent) what agreements they may have or have not made with other active hamsters, either in PM or in the House. They are not required to reply or respond to any offer or communication made by any other active hamster.
d. As always, RTVW guidelines apply to all PM’s and posts. Be nice. This is just a game.

3. Twists: The Zenbot may introduce twists at any time during the season. Don’t ask what these are, because right now even the Zenbot doesn’t know what these are.

4. Competitions: Competitions will start out with simple questions, with ties broken with a random draw unless stated otherwise. The Zenbot may introduce skill games later.

5. Nominations: HoH nominations and the PoV optional save nomination are posted by the HoH and the PoV holder in the House.

6. Voting: Voting is sent to the Zenbot by PM. The Zenbot will disclose the vote total but the Zenbot will not disclose who voted for whom. Hamsters may choose to disclose (or not disclose or even misrepresent) their votes if they so choose.

7. Schedule (all times EST):
On Friday, 11:00 p.m., the Zenbot will post the HoH competition question in the House.
By Sunday, 11:00 p.m., all hamsters will PM the Zenbot their answers to the HoH competition question.
On Sunday, 11:00 p.m., the Zenbot will declare the HoH winner in the House. The HoH winner may create and decorate a personal HoH Room in the House if they so choose.
By Monday, 11:00 p.m., the HoH hamster makes two nominations for eviction in the House.
On Monday, 11:00 p.m., the Zenbot will post the PoV competition question in the House.
By Tuesday, 11:00 p.m., all hamsters will PM the Zenbot their answers to the PoV competition question.
On Tuesday, 11:00 p.m., the Zenbot will declare the PoV winner in the House.
By Wednesday, 11:00 p.m., the PoV hamster will post their PoV optional save in the House.
By Thursday, 11:00 p.m., the HoH will nominate an eviction replacement, if necessary, in the House.
By Friday, 11:00 p.m., all active hamsters will PM the Zenbot their eviction vote.
On Friday, 11:00 p.m., the Zenbot will declare who has been evicted and the vote totals in the House. The Zenbot will also cycle back up to the top and post the HoH competition question in the House.

8. Jury: There will be a Jury of 7 hamsters (or 5 hamsters if there are 12 or fewer hamsters in the cast) who will vote for the winner between the final two House Hamsters.

9. Prize: The winner’s prize is a custom-made sigpic courtesy of the Hamster House Zenbot!

10. Reunion: After the winning hamster is declared, there will be a Reunion thread where all participating hamsters and the audience can reveal what occured during the game and give their thoughts and comments on the game.

Note* for this week only: The signup period has been extended. Hamsters who sign up may not begin communicating with each other until after the signup period is over on Friday August 12, 1100 p.m. Hamsters who sign up may go ahead and PM me your answer to the first week's HoH competition question (due by Sunday August 14, 11:00 p.m. EST). The closest correct answer wins the HoH competition. In case of a tie, a random draw determines the winner.
Question: How many Gb (Gigglebytes) of memory does the Zenbot have? Choose a number from 1 to 1024.

The Hamster House

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"First?"
Posted by jbug on 08-05-11 at 04:25 PM
If I don't know what I'm doing, you won't call me Jordon, will you?

Be gentle with me.

"RE: First?"
Posted by cahaya on 08-05-11 at 04:42 PM
Yup, you're the first. That makes you a pioneer.

Or just plain nuts!

"RE: First?"
Posted by michel on 08-05-11 at 05:53 PM
Where's the jacuzzi and the beer?

But first...Zhenbot? I hope you can read cue cards!

"RE: New game: Hamster House"
Posted by michel on 08-05-11 at 05:48 PM
I can be a hamster.

Posted by krismiss2us on 08-05-11 at 06:30 PM
I'll play...as long as no one calls me Rachel...or gets between me and my man!

Thanks Tribe!

"suzzee's in!"
Posted by suzzee on 08-06-11 at 10:37 AM
A new game! Thanks for hosting cahaya, um I mean Zenbot. Oh boy another fine mess I've gotten myself into.

OH NO! Watson, the game is afoot.

Posted by DearAbby on 08-08-11 at 09:05 AM
Sign me up!

Posted by Corvis on 08-08-11 at 11:10 AM
I'll play. And blue is my favorite color.

Posted by zazzy on 08-08-11 at 12:52 PM
This sounds interesting...but can someone tell me how much time each day this game takes? I don't want to say yes and then not keep up. TIA!

Posted by Corvis on 08-08-11 at 02:23 PM
Based on the schedule, it looks like you'd have to be willing to log in at least once a day to keep up with what's going on. However, if you're really active with PMing other hamsters, that would take more time. I just did a Survivor game (not quite the same thing) and I think other people spent a lot more time than I did PMing each other. With this sort of game, I think the less active you are, the more likely you'll get voted out early.

All that said, come play with us!

Posted by cahaya on 08-08-11 at 02:30 PM
As far as gameplay goes, not much time at all. If you are not HoH or PoV, then all you need to do is send the HoH comp answer by Sunday night, send the PoV comp answer by Tuesday night, and vote for the evictee by Friday night.

If you are HoH, you'll need to nominate two evictees by Monday night and name a PoV replacement (if PoV used) by Thursday night.

If you are PoV, you'll need to name a PoV save (if any) by Wednesday night.

None of these things take much time, and notice they're each on a different night. The Zenbot will help guide everyone. What will take more time is the PM'ing and House chatter between you and the other hamsters.

Hope this helps. I'll sign you up.

Posted by zazzy on 08-09-11 at 12:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-11 AT 12:59 PM (EST)

Thanks, C & C. This will be my learnin' year. While I would like to be Shelly (from a strategic place, not her politics or controlling nature), I may just need to be more Jordan this round (chilling most of the time). ;)

My time concern was due to traveling later this month and I didn't want to let anyone in an alliance down!

"I want in!"
Posted by newsomewayne on 08-10-11 at 12:17 PM

Posted by newsomewayne on 08-10-11 at 12:19 PM
3. Twists: The Zenbot may introduce twists at any time during the season. Don’t ask what these are, because right now even the Zenbot doesn’t know what these are.

Boy, you're really wanting this to be as close to the real game as possible, aren't you?

Posted by krismiss2us on 08-10-11 at 05:28 PM
So who's HOH????

Thanks Tribe!

"Oh boy, I'm looking hot in Yellow!"
Posted by suzzee on 08-11-11 at 06:14 PM
Just checkin' in for some hamster food...........

OH NO!

"RE: Oh boy, I'm looking hot in Yellow!"
Posted by Corvis on 08-11-11 at 06:26 PM
I'm blue... I can cool you down.

"Final call!"
Posted by cahaya on 08-12-11 at 03:18 PM
Final casting call for hamsters to join the Hamster House.

The Zenbot will make its first post then.

Posted by zazzy on 08-12-11 at 09:56 PM
I'm ready to play! *jumps up and down, wearing stretchy fitness wear with tank top, just like the BB girls ;) *

Posted by cahaya on 08-13-11 at 00:05 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-11 AT 00:36 AM (EST)

I'll do the first week's Zenbot post tonight or tomorrow.

(P.S. You might want to give OT a visit - sad news.)

Posted by zazzy on 08-13-11 at 11:16 AM
Cahaya, once again, thank you for the heads up on the OT news.