URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1588
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"'Clearly I cannot U-Turn the team that is in front of me...'"

Posted by Estee on 12-31-07 at 05:48 PM
Inconceivable!

Discuss.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 'Clearly I cannot U-Turn the team that is in front of me...'"
Posted by PsychoKitty on 12-31-07 at 07:04 PM
Such a stupid mistake!!!!! I can't think why Kynt thought they (Don and Nicolas) were behind them - they had just left Jennifer and Nathan. I guess there's something that was edited out? ACK!!! That cost them the game

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

"Oh. My. Goth!"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-31-07 at 07:51 PM
Such a bad bad move by my favorite team. So sorry to see them go! I really thought they were going to get Nate and Jen-that would have made the moonbase a happy place.

Wah, I say again.

U-Turn, U-Learn.

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 12-31-07 at 11:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-31-07 AT 11:01 PM (EST)

I'm sorry, but Team Inconceivable isn't racing this season.

ETA: For once.

Posted by MissMyth on 01-01-08 at 02:29 AM
Maybe it'll take some of the heat off Survivor's James for stupidest move in a reality show.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 01-02-08 at 12:43 PM
See James was kept in the dark from his own teammates and they were voting. This was just dumb beyond belief because they only saw one other team who left a minute ahead of them from the task.

Save Peter and Hiro, Save Heroes
sig by Pepe and bouncy by IceCat

Posted by Cyndimaus on 01-01-08 at 11:01 AM
I was flabergasted when I saw they'd chosen Nick and Don. The only team they'd actually seen (and knew they were somewhat close to) were Nate and Jen.

Siggie by Capn2patch

Posted by michel on 01-01-08 at 01:28 PM
They had also just been bunched at the newspaper stand. That, I think, is what made this worse. After, the Goths had trouble finding the dry cleaner, had to go do yoga and return to the detour. I would have been so surprised and delighted to be ahead of 1 team. How could he think they were also ahead of Nic and Donald???

And if, by miracle, they had been ahead of Nic and Donald, it still doesn't make sense to U-turn the slower of the 2 trailing teams!!!

Posted by Tazluli on 01-01-08 at 03:01 PM
I am still shaking my head over that move.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 01-02-08 at 10:16 AM
I realize it's a tough call when you're all on your own there, but the easy way to resolve that, especially in a tight situation...at the last U-Turn...when there's no voting component...and the team that gets U-Turned will probably be eliminated...is to go for the sure thing, and that was Nathan and Jennifer. Nick and Don were coming off a Fast Forward, started the leg in first place, and were a front-of-the-pack team. U-Turning them from 4th place made absolutely no sense and may go down as the dumbest decision in the history of TAR.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 01-02-08 at 12:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-02-08 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

I can't wait for Webby to interview them and answer why they thought Nick and Don where behind them.

I agree that this is the dumbest move of all time but I would add of any Reality TV series.

Then to compound that mistake he does not read how to do the task and has to go back to get both slips of paper.

Save Peter and Hiro, Save Heroes
sig by Pepe and bouncy by IceCat

Posted by Max Headroom on 01-02-08 at 03:15 PM
Unbelievable.

As part of the 99.9% of TAR viewers who hate Jennifer/Nathan, I was hooting and hollering in my chair when the Goths got to the U-turn ahead of them. Then... ouch, the biggest blunder in reality TV history. Let's recap:

1. Kynt/Vyxsin started the leg in last place.
2. Kynt/Vyxsin had to do an extra yoga task after the last bunch point.
3. Kynt/Vyxsin made up the time due to Jennifer/Nathan's ineptitude, arriving at the U-turn ahead of Team Discordant.
4. Kynt/Vyxsin inexplicably U-turn the team that started the leg in first place and were ahead of them at the bunch point before they had to spend extra time doing yoga.

Memo to Kynt: "Past performance does not guarantee future results."
Memo to Vyxsin: Make the team decision yourself. But there won't be a next time.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 01-03-08 at 09:30 AM
>Unbelievable.
>
>As part of the 99.9% of
>TAR viewers who hate Jennifer/Nathan,
>I was hooting and hollering
>in my chair when the
>Goths got to the U-turn
>ahead of them. Then...
>ouch, the biggest blunder in
>reality TV history. Let's
>recap:
>
>1. Kynt/Vyxsin started the leg in
>last place.
>2. Kynt/Vyxsin had to do an
>extra yoga task after the
>last bunch point
>3. Kynt/Vyxsin made up the time
>due to Jennifer/Nathan's ineptitude, arriving
>at the U-turn ahead of
>Team Discordant.
>4. Kynt/Vyxsin inexplicably U-turn the team
>that started the leg in
>first place and were ahead
>of them at the bunch
>point before they had to
>spend extra time doing yoga
>
>
>Memo to Kynt: "Past performance does
>not guarantee future results."
>Memo to Vyxsin: Make the team
>decision yourself. But there
>won't be a next time.

>
>
>

This was clearly the dumbest move I have ever seen on any reality show. While I wanted Nathan and Jennifer to go home....I was glad Kynt and Vyxin did instead because of how stupid this move was.

Posted by MKitty on 01-03-08 at 12:07 PM
Yup, as with the other posters...stunned and pissed off that Nate and "beotch of the year" Jennifer didn't get the UTurn. ARGHGHGHG.

*winter delight from Sharnina*

"Goth Interview"
Posted by Peetah on 01-04-08 at 06:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-04-08 AT 06:08 PM (EST)

If you didn't read the interview of the Goths yet, please do so.

They make it clear that Jen/Nate left at least 10 minutes *before* them from the detour, so they assumed (perhaps wrongly, but logically) that Jen/Nate continued that lead.

They also mention that they had not seen any other team since the newspaper task, so they really had no idea where anyone else is. They stress how the editing of the show makes us "omnipotent" observers and the racers do not have the power to know what we know.

Finally, they stress that Kynt and Vixen made the decision together.

"Link"
Posted by udg on 01-07-08 at 03:02 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-kynt-cothron-and-vyxsin-fiala-dish-on-the-amazing-race-6329.php

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

"RE: Goth Interview"
Posted by samboohoo on 01-07-08 at 03:50 PM
They also did an interview for our local radio and said the same thing. It made much more sense when they said it. They thought Ron/Papa had been slow the whole time and didn't know where anyone was at all except for Nate and Jen, who they conceivably thought were ahead of them.

Boo and Captain Chaos sitting in a tree . . .