URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1586
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Be the Amazing Racer 12.8"

Posted by Seana on 12-31-07 at 01:00 AM
Welcome to the Bandra Fort. Isn't Mumbai fun? All the traffic and helpful locals and such.

Did anyone guess there would be U-Turn on the same leg as the Speed Bump? That was some potential cruelty right there. Just for snits and giggles, we left everyone's picture in the U-Turn box, so you had to guess who might be behind you.

So TK and Rachel, you're team #1! *insert product placement trip here*. You really moved ahead with your confident flower-stringing. And I'm sure the bunch points helped too.

Nick and Don, you sure showed me. I didn't think you could keep up, but here you are. It worked out with Nick doing the RB, but I have to tell you, given Nick's track record of getting lost during delivery tasks, I thought he was the wrong choice. Good job booking the tickets at the start of the leg and then getting some sleep.

Ron and Christina: Also smart getting the tickets. That Detour wasn't Ron's shining moment, though, was it? No Rennaissance after all.

Nate and Jen: Here are a couple answers to Jen's questions:

Q: Why don't *we* get the flights?
A: You didn't call ahead to ask for the flights.

Q: How does everyone find {the newspaper ad} so fast?
A: They didn't walk around bickering with their partners.

A couple questions for you:
1. Was that dog trying to hump you when you were looking for the ad?
2. Did that elephant look like it was about to get married?

Kynt and Vyxsin, you had the right attitude. You stayed at the front of the pack to give yourselves some breathing room; you searched for better flights; you ran the Race the way it was intended to be run for one brief, shining leg. But in the end, a stupid mistake cost you big. You've been so much fun, but you're last again, so away you go. Here is your consolation prize: the TAR Award for Most Fashionable Racers.

Notes:
Please keep the game in the game thread.

New players welcome! All the Racers are taken, except the now-eliminated Blonde Jen, but anyone may post as a local or a cameraperson.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Be the Amazing Racer 12.8"
Posted by Sunny_Bunny on 12-31-07 at 11:26 AM

Jeepers! Can't a girl even walk down the street without being accosted these days?!

And to add insult to injury, I got mistaken for the Groom?!

Posted by jbug on 12-31-07 at 12:16 PM
So will we be seeing K & V here at the villa? Please don't continue running around - come play with us. It's getting boring here. Gramps hasn't showed up to dance with us yet so......

Too bad ya'll didn't u-turn the ugly bickering team. But thanks for NOT making them last - tho none of us here want them to win? We also don't want to have to put up with them here either.

Posted by MissMyth on 12-31-07 at 03:09 PM
Can you believe that Dad chose to do the bicycle task and we only heard once about his hernia?

Hernia, how do you feel about that? You haven't had much screen time lately.

Of course, Dad may have had a sore throat from all the yelling he did while we (I) put up the posters.

Posted by Peetah on 12-31-07 at 09:27 PM
*using sign language*:

Yes, Christina, I have laryngitis from yelling so much. Also my innards are trailing all over India. This is all your fault! Why do you not know the real truth of things like how that judge is booger boned to say that poster is lined up and then it is not? I want to point out that I have further injured feet because of your bad naive judging of box for me to stand on! It broke because you accept first box and do not fight hard enough for to have best. My goal continues to be to groom you to be good adult like my many wisdomful sayings that instruct you to do so.

"Sheesh"
Posted by foonermints on 01-01-08 at 12:19 PM
Ronald. You're more full of it than even Bruce was.

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 12-31-07 at 10:58 PM
Well, who do you think was REALLY pushing that bike, hmmm?

(And who do you think caused that crate to break?)

It was a perfect place for me to show my stuff.
And FWIW, he svcks at poster-hanging.

Posted by dragonflies on 12-31-07 at 04:17 PM
Did you see how my girl Rachel was stringing those flowers? She has done that before, so I could just be mellow me.

we are so rockin dude!

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 12-31-07 at 11:12 PM
Dammit, Nick, go heave your guts later!

I could have done that Roadblock, you know.

And I'm proposing to Marianna after the Race. She always wanted a father figure.

Posted by Molaholic on 12-31-07 at 11:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-01-08 AT 02:44 AM (EST)

So, let's see what we've got here ---

Team uses a FF to gain a 10-hour lead...

Airport Bunch Point erases that lead.

Airline tickets frustrate teams while others get to breeze through...

Airport delays strike once again, making yet another bunch point.

Indian taxi drivers (need I say more?)

One of the simplest 'search' tasks in TAR history is still frustrating enough to get a team pi$$ed at each other.

The Speed Bump was pulled off...

The U Turn was blown.

An elephant nearly got lei'd.

Somebody didn't read/remember instructions for a challenge, which nearly cost them...

A local lead a team astray.

Ballywood makes its TAR debut. My bad

Phil almost fools the next to last team (again).

So, how was this week different from any other week in TAR?

Me.. on the left!

Posted by vince3 on 12-31-07 at 11:46 PM
Bollywood's been done before........

They've had Racers literally crash production sets to find clues before.

Posted by NanaWolf on 01-01-08 at 10:28 PM
Actually the reason we didn't get the flights is because Nate is a horrible person.

Everyone else found the ad so fast because they are not as horrible as Nate.

That dog was just drawn to my charismatic magnetism - just like everyone else.

yes.

Posted by beau_30 on 01-02-08 at 09:47 AM
Well Phil its been nice knowing you. We will be checking in with Azaria & Hendekea at the pitstop. Hey guys hows it going.

Yes Vysxin does look lovely turning her self into some weird positions. I know I like it, I've expereiences She is very flexible Phil if you know what I mean.

That elephant brought got leid more than Nate has, thats probably what is hurting their team. Nate hasn't got lei'd unlike the marry couple and the elephant did by jennifer,

Oh well until next time. Hey Vysxin lets go do some more Yoga ;)

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 01-02-08 at 11:54 AM
Did you have something you wanted to say to us?

I didn't think so.