URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1582
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Rhonda's Website "

Posted by MichaelB on 08-20-06 at 09:50 PM
News flash! I just tried it and it's not there anymore. Is it just down or gone? Has she skipped town?! What if someone needs a hug?!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Rhonda's Website "
Posted by MichaelB on 08-21-06 at 09:48 PM
Update! Site is back and Rhonda's personal training sessions for 2006 are sold out. What kind of goose would pay big money to hear a bunch of buzz words and self help jibberjabber?

Posted by sharnina on 08-22-06 at 01:08 AM
MichaelB - I sent you a little red flag wavy thingy that you can see at the top of the Conferences page.

A Tribe Original
God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-22-06 at 09:55 AM
>Update! Site is back and Rhonda's
>personal training sessions for 2006
>are sold out. What
>kind of goose would pay
>big money to hear a
>bunch of buzz words and
>self help jibberjabber?

I'm not sure. ANother post on here describes the boot camp as a bust. She was highly disappointed with it. I dont' think I would pay for it now. After this season and the let Lisa do whatever she wants school of thought, I lost alot of respect for Rhonda. She's a little flaky but in the first season, I actually admired her. She had a horrible childhood, her own issues with booze that she overcame, a divorce in her past... But she seemed to pull herself up and become successful.

Now she just seems silly

Posted by jenemow on 08-23-06 at 09:21 AM
Yes Rhonda did start out winning my heart with her story, but she fell extremely flat after season one. Each season after the first one Rhonda kept trying to re-invent herself with new and more arrogant approaches to coaching-and mini makovers/styles for herself. She had something and then went way overboard! Rhonda indeed turned her life around and made something of herself and for that I do applaud her. I believe we all have "stuff" and it is what we do with it that makes us either a failure or a success story. Rhonda simply lost sight of her original vision/intertion and for that I am sorry.

Also I do believe that one doesn't have to necessarily need a specific degree to be of some help to another, but Dios Mio she charges three times as much as my psychiatrist does! How on earth can she justify that?!

The website is still up, I logged in this morning. I also enjoyed the message boards, but I fear they will never return now that starting over is to be no more.

Posted by MedicineWoman76 on 08-22-06 at 02:46 AM
Hey all ~ Rhonda's site is still up as of 11:30 Pacific Time on 8/21/06:

www.startingovertv.com/lifecoaches/rhonda_bio.html

But if the show closes probably this site will go as well.
I'd love to follow Rhonda's work. Any idea where she went?
Mary C.

Posted by sharnina on 08-22-06 at 11:31 AM
The site MichaelB was talking about was fearlessliving.org. And it was down for a whole day.

A Tribe Original
God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.

Posted by JustBNMe on 08-24-06 at 09:35 AM
Rhonda's site was having problems and they were adding some thigns to the member section. Rhonda's site will not close just becuase SO is done. Her website was around long before SO was on the air. She is now living in Vail Colorado in a condo she just bought. She has a boyfriend Scott who has a 3 year old daughter so she is playing wife and mother right now.

The people who work in her office have become arrogant and downright nasty. I have called there for various things and they are not nice anymore. It's a real shame becuase the place had and has alot of potential.

I wouldn't pay $400 an hour to talk on the phone to Rhonda. I also wonder what kind of people would do that and why they would. All of the real psychologists, social workers, therapists etc that I know of say that body language and eye contact speaks volumes which is why they don't do phone counseling. I think Rhonda is a therapist wanna be. She doesn't seem to have much new to say when she talks she says the same thing but in a slightly different way of in a different context. It is redundant.

Posted by petmama on 08-24-06 at 06:51 PM
She won't be playing wife and mother if Scott keeps "needing space." According to her latest blog, he's told her he "needs some time alone." I wonder if her desperation is scaring him off.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-25-06 at 07:51 AM
>She won't be playing wife and
>mother if Scott keeps "needing
>space." According to her latest
>blog, he's told her he
>"needs some time alone." I
>wonder if her desperation is
>scaring him off.

Yikes that can't be good. I wonder how he feels having all their stuff publicly displayed in a blog. I know I fight with my husband all the time. I sure wouldn't be bragging about it for all to see. I would feel violated if my partner blogged about it!

Posted by maryellennaco on 08-24-06 at 12:42 PM
She probably got waaayyyy too many calls from Piss-T to bear. Plus, since there are some disgruntled folks with her "boot camp" experience, she's gonna want to go low on the radar screen. JMHO

Posted by Jennier1237 on 08-25-06 at 01:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-06 AT 01:37 PM (EST)

I feel sorry for Rhonda. May be becaue
I have a BIG heart for anyone. But I feel
like since SO has ended Rhonda no longer
has a vision for herself, and that's something
everyone needs. Also, I feel that she is telling
herself that this relationship is too hard (I could
be reading too far into it). But I know personally
that if you tell yourself its hard than you are'nt
going to get it no matter how hard you try. If you tell
yourself it is going to be easy than it speaks for itself.
Take it from a college student taking Business Cal. and may
I add part-time physical science lab assistant.

Someone please tell me if this makes sense at all!

Posted by MedicineWoman76 on 08-28-06 at 02:02 AM
O.K. I'm confused. Which site is Rhonda's blog?

Thanks ~ M.L.

Posted by Snidget on 08-28-06 at 09:21 AM
This site it is on was mentioned above, here is the direct link:
http://www.fearlessliving.org/blog/rhonda

Posted by JustBNMe on 08-28-06 at 03:31 PM
Rhonda has to have known the show was not being picked up for a 4th season for a while now. She mentioned it on a call I was on about 1 1/2 months ago. Plus when you watch the final show of season 3 it is a bit obvious it was the swan song for the show. I hope she moves on and does some other things and gets some new material to share on her site. Most of it is the same stuff just stated a different way and they want you to pay for most of it.

Posted by petmama on 08-28-06 at 04:22 PM
The body image teleconference? That's how someone on another MB got the news from Rhonda. Bringing all three season's SO graduates did suggest the show was being cancelled. But, in the final moments of this show, Iyanla invited Niambi back, to the next SOH. Sending the viewers a mixed message about SO's future.

Posted by jenemow on 08-31-06 at 05:43 PM
I would like to hear if SO will follow through on their promise and somehow give Niambi a statue. Iyanla flat out promised knowing full well that the show was to be no more!

Posted by jonimoni on 09-06-06 at 08:04 PM
OH my goodness, did any of you read this blog? Wow, she is really full of herself, or she needs to talk big to make herself feel better. How exhausting can it be to come up with lame excersizes day after day. She is not a hero because she came up with a TV show based solely on how she survived her horrific childhood. She survived but did she thrive. She has no steady relationship and is closer to 50 than 40. She has no children, not that you must have either of these things to be successful but besides her overpriced Life counseling services what does she have?

I need no answers from her and in fact could give her some advice....grow up, make your own life great. Dress like an adult. Make yourself happy and a man will come looking, you don't have to look for him. Being the girlfriend of a man with a 3 year old does not make you understand in the least what it is to be mommy...not in the least. She has a mommy, you are just dad's girlfriend. The bond and stress involved in really parenting are so much deeper than you seem to know.....well, that's enough.

The first season she had a great idea, real women with real manageable problems, by the last season she was all about making the houseguests look foolish so she could look wonderful....yuk!

Posted by petmama on 09-07-06 at 05:29 PM
"Creative" exercizes, huh? Sending an unwed mother to feed a bear marshmallows with her mouth, a preacher's daughter out to kiss strangers on a street corner and a 40 something, wearing baby clothes, to play with toddlers. What's "creative" in Rhonda's book is just plain stupid in mine. There's no value in such "exercizes" other than to humiliate the HG.

Posted by MichaelB on 09-09-06 at 05:27 PM
I don't think a real therapist would make a fool out of their patients like she did and she charges WAY more for an hour and just does it over the phone. I bet she does her ironing at the same time. And boy do they lay down the law in the rules. Above all don't call just to connect or become Rhonda's friend or she'll hang up on you with no refund. Yep, she sure loves people.

Posted by Toushay on 09-09-06 at 07:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-06 AT 10:13 PM (EST)

LOL ROFLMAO!!!! THAT was a hilarious post! (MichaelB)

Just checking in to see if the show still has a pulse. Looks not.

Re: Rhonda - it still holds true, "caveat emptor" Buyer Beware.

Posted by JANE4351 on 09-10-06 at 02:18 PM
I agree. The first season was great. That last season, with all of the chances she gave to that Lisa #1 person, I lost interest in the show. It was a joke.

Posted by Anne18 on 09-09-06 at 09:36 PM
LOL Hi MichaelB,

Yes, Rhonda needs a hug! LOL I couldn't believe that the show's producer or creater, didn't CALL her to tell her the show's cancelled! I mean, WHY did Rhonda wait by the phone? Why didn't SHE call them?? If some HG did that, she would have yelled at them! Makes no sense...

Posted by MichaelB on 09-10-06 at 02:57 PM
Hi backatcha Anne18! A previous post stated that Rhonda's staff is being rude and arrogant. Wonder if she's having trouble making payroll plus I bet she killed her message board due to people starting to wisen up and complain. The nerve of someone to charge way more per hour than a professional therapist. I wonder if she's starting to hear from lawyers or the Better Business Bureau.

Posted by alaholly on 09-10-06 at 06:20 PM
> The nerve of someone
>to charge way more per
>hour than a professional therapist.
> I wonder if she's
>starting to hear from lawyers
>or the Better Business Bureau.

I hope so. It's about time she stops taking advantage of people in need of real, legitimate help.

Posted by Anne18 on 09-10-06 at 09:39 PM
The money back guarantee is non-existant. LOL The staff is probably tired of dealing with the calls.

Anyway, because of Rhonda's marketing degree, she has been able to market herself by having the Fearless Living Institute, talks, workshops, phone calls, SO, and her publicity reads like a marketing pro - she writes them herself! lol

But the thing is, if Rhonda just had a psychology degree, and none of the ploys to make money, she would be much happier just for helping people.

Posted by wvfix on 09-11-06 at 04:45 PM
I can't access the "startingovertv.com" website! It just jumps to NBC-Universal Studios. Today, "Starting Over" suddenly went off the air in the Las Vegas viewing area. It had been running weekdays at 10:00am. I love the show! I wonder what happened?!?

"Cancelled"
Posted by Bebo on 09-11-06 at 05:06 PM
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1122&forum=DCForumID91&omm=0

Posted by mysticwolf on 09-11-06 at 07:54 PM
And, there was no reason to e-mail mods for an answer a full 3 minutes after you hadn't gotten your answer here.

Read the guidelines, and read the threads.

Posted by JustBNMe on 09-17-06 at 08:03 AM
Rhonda is desperatly grasping at straws right now to make money so she doesn't have to get a real job. She is now selling aluminum stones which say fearless on them. You get 3 of them in a little bag for $15.00. Some suckers will buy them just because they have to do with Rhonda are from Rhonda's site. IMO Rhonda knows her stint of making money for repeating the same things over and over is about washed up. She has nothing new to say and people are getting tired of her.

Posted by MichaelB on 09-17-06 at 03:26 PM
Well, she should be able to pinch pennies living in an inexpensive town like Vail! I expect her to disappear for a while only to show up on late night infomercials. Maybe she can peddle a home based coarse on life coaching where you can earn a B.S. degree and become a profession BSer.

Posted by mememi on 09-21-06 at 02:46 PM
I actually checked out her site for the first time today, saw a posting in her blog about SO being cancelled. She wrote that nobody from NBC or BM contacted her about cancellation, they just didn't get in touch before end of June, when her contract expired.

I've never been a huge Rhonda fan, but that seems kind of low to me, for a big company like NBC or BM not even to tell you they're not picking up your show or renewing the contract, just to let it go like that...

Posted by MichaelB on 09-21-06 at 05:49 PM
Hope she wasn't out floating checks thinking they wouldn't hit the bank until payday.

Posted by MichaelB on 09-21-06 at 05:52 PM
On a serious note I recall Danny Bonaduce saying he and his mother didn't find out about the Partridge Family being cancelled until they showed up at the studio where a guard told them to go home.

"RE: I have a question?"
Posted by Jennier1237 on 09-22-06 at 11:23 AM
I am thinking about joining Rhonda's member's
calls. I was wandering if anything goes.
Because I read on this MB where she will hang
up if you try to connect with her. My question is
if I asked something personal during a member's
call would I get cut-off and kicked out of the
system? Or if I had a bad day and needed help
would I get cut-off?

Posted by MichaelB on 09-22-06 at 01:29 PM
Don't do it. There are many PROFESSIONAL counselors and therapists who charge less and are better equipped to help you. I've taken advantage of professional counseling in the past and no therapist ever told me to "Get Real!!" while cutting a Z in the air and bobbing their head back and forth.

Posted by JustBNMe on 09-23-06 at 08:16 AM
Don't join her website as a paying member. You pay $200 a year to supposidy get all these member benefits when in reality you don't get much. I have been a member for a year and believe me it wasn't how they made it sound. Out of the 11 member calls I was in on she wasn't there for 4 of them-she had someone filling in for her. On the member calls she doesn't really take any personal questions about herself-that is true and fair-but she does allow some people to dominate the call and go on and on about their issues and she often treats them like garbage and then if they don't agree with what she says is their answer she gets mad and then is condescending. If she gets mad that you don't adore her and her advice she then refers to you as "darlin" and "sweetheart" and says things like "Well I guess you really don't want to be coached do you?" As far as other benefits she doesn't add much to the meber section other than audio streams of member calls. She has added 2 additional things to the existing member section in the last year. If she has teleclasses she charges over $120.00 for them which is ridiculous. Her workshops and appearing at special events is very high priced as well. Like the other posters said save your money for a true professional who can help you as a person and doesn't spend their time trying to dominate you and just get money out of you. She charges $400 an hour for telephone one on one coaching what does that tell you about her ego? I liked her at first but seeing how she treats paid members of her site and how the office staff treats people at her institute it is a rip off. I got sucked in but won't do it again.

Posted by MichaelB on 09-23-06 at 10:40 AM
Rhonda should be ashamed of herself. I don't think she's enlightened, healed or any of that now-a-days, into yourself, jibber jabber. She seems bitter and smart alecky. One good way to see if someone's conning you is to act like you're not buying what they're selling and see if they get mad at you. She takes advantage of people plain and simple. She was just in the right place at the right time and got to be on television for a couple of years and has used that to her own advantage. In my own opinion, this whole idea of reinventing your life and seeing things in a whole new light that will change you forever is something that gets wheeled out every other decade or so. If you "find yourself" you may be in for a big disappointment. Face it. For most people in this world life is mundane. Keep yourself busy so you won't sit and get depressed instead of trying to maintain a constantly optomistic mindset that doesn't naturally come to you, not to mention setting unreachable goals for yourself that ultimately send you into a downward spiral only to go staggering back to the self help section of the book store for a little hair of the dog that bit you.

Posted by petmama on 09-23-06 at 11:57 AM
And, what could we call thier support group. SHA? Self Helpists Anonymous. Seriously, falling for all this new agey "self help" crap can be as disruptive as alcohlism. Instead of living, and enjoying life, people have their noses stuck in the latest "self help" book. Be yourself, I say. Not who Rhonda, Iyanla, and all those other "coaches" and "gurus" say you ought to be.

"RE: Confused"
Posted by Jennier1237 on 09-23-06 at 10:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-06 AT 10:51 AM (EST)

One day I was bored, so I Googled Rhonda
and I came across this article where there
was this Starting Over presentation and
there this woman who said that she asked Rhonda
for a hug and Rhonda said "Sure you can".

I don't know the date of when this took place.

I also read, again I don't know how long its been,
but on the Fearless MB there was this woman who
said that her and Rhonda chated.

But, please don't get me wrong, I do believe you!

Did she change since then?

But thinks for the advice!

By the way how is Rhonda's life coach traing program.

"RE: Confused"
Posted by JustBNMe on 09-23-06 at 08:26 PM
Rhonda does let you hug her but you have to have paid money to get to the event she is at to do it. Her coaching program is a joke. It is full of other people who want to make money by sitting on the phone "coaching you" which basically entails the life coach from her place saying things like "How can you acknowledge yourself for that?" "How can you look at that more positively?" The work hard at taking your focus off the issues you have. They want people to look at things with rose colored glasses right away which keeps people from truly dealing with things. I was on a fearbuster group call and my fiance had just died a little bit before that and I was told that the FBG (which is for support) wasn't the place to discuss the fact that I was sad and afraid to get close to people again. I suggest that you stay away from the coaching program, the coaches, the fearbuster groups etc. They parrot the things Rhonda says and just want to make money doing it. The coaching program involves going to all the Fearless Living weekend conferences and then doing some phone calls with people (who they charge money to for the call) and then they have a chat on the phone with Rhonda and boom they're a coach. It is all a money making gimmick for Rhonda is what it boils down to. Those who have gone through her coaching program are not recognized in the profesional world nor do they come out with any credentials they can really use. Rhonda has changed drastically since the 3rd season of SO began. She has become more stuck up, more egocentric, spends her time at workshops talking about herself and is very money oriented. She is very self centered and wants people to adore her to feed her failing ego since she is not a tv star or best selling author.

"RE: Confused? Don't be."
Posted by alaholly on 09-23-06 at 11:04 PM
Rhonda is a sad and bitter woman who wants to be a star but has no real skills or talent so will never be one. She preys on vulnerable people who have real problems and takes advantage of them emotionally and financially. All of her trite "coaching" can be found in any self-help book. She never would have been given the time of day much less even a dollar for her time if she hadn't briefly been on TV. Hopefully her 15 minutes of fame are almost over and she will stop conning people into thinking they should pay her for what they can do themselves.

"RE: Confused? Don't be."
Posted by MichaelB on 09-24-06 at 00:16 AM
It would be interesting to approach her on the street and ask for a hug. I hope she doesn't carry weapons grade pepper spray.

Posted by petmama on 09-27-06 at 04:54 PM
Sorry you got "suckered" and ripped off by Rhonda. The one person she should've told "Well I guess you really don't want to be coached, do you?" was Lisa N, at her first BOR. Followed by "Here's your grade," as she flashes her a paper with a humongous F on it, "You've got ten minutes to pack up and leave" and, "No, Allison, you may not fix her a ham sandwich!" Instead of creating a brand new grade for her.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 10-10-06 at 06:39 PM
Her website is still there. I've been accessing her blogs via another MB. Here's the direct link. http://www.fearlessliving.org/blog/rhonda
Apparently, her relationship with Mr love-a-Lot is alive and well. Several blogs ago, he asked for some time off. Apparently that issue was resolved. Since then, they attended some parenting "classes" with his ex-wife.
Their latest adventure? Rock climbing! Which reminds me of Layne! Doing things she hated, trying to impress her "third" fiance.
Of course, I don't see any comparison. I think Rhonda's athletic enough to actually enjoy rock climbing. Even though she was self conscious about her butt hanging 100 feet in the air. I'll bet, in her mind's eye, that sucker was growing bigger by the minute!