URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1580
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"East Coast Spoiler Thread 11/16"

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-16-08 at 07:35 PM
*turns off TV after Steelers-Chargers game ends*

So what are we this week, about 30 minutes late? These late CBS football games are killing me.

At least vince will be in a good mood.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread 11/16"
Posted by vince3 on 11-16-08 at 07:49 PM
*raspberry*

Posted by Estee on 11-16-08 at 07:52 PM
Excessive use of fruit: fifteen-yard penalty.

Posted by vince3 on 11-16-08 at 07:58 PM
*grumble pumpkin rhubarb*

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-16-08 at 08:04 PM
What? No Canadian updates? Usually there's a couple of them around here gloating about TAR starting on time up there.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-16-08 at 08:07 PM
Look at the time-stamps. Your message was not there when I read the thread, then posted.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-16-08 at 08:05 PM
On time in Canada again.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-16-08 at 08:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-08 AT 08:14 PM (EST)

Three different routes to the same city. Talk about splitting up the teams.

Can anyone say 'Bunch Point'.

Even the frat boys can not mess this up. I think.

Posted by vince3 on 11-16-08 at 08:15 PM
Did Hours of Operation rear it's ugly head again?

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-16-08 at 08:19 PM
Oh, yes.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-16-08 at 08:18 PM
Fast Forward: Talk about gross eating contest. And I am talking as a person who does not mind 50% fat in my meat if it is well cooked.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-16-08 at 08:21 PM
Made more interesting as one of the eaters is a vegetarian.

Posted by Snidget on 11-16-08 at 08:51 PM
I shoulda guessed the one whining about the meat would be Terrence.

Posted by kathliam on 11-16-08 at 08:54 PM
Seriously, what did he expect to find in a restaurant? Eat your weight in radishes? Sheesh.

Posted by Snidget on 11-16-08 at 08:56 PM
It seems pretty rare that a local gross food delicacy is vegetarian. There might be a few, but usually it is some sort of animal protein. After all that is often what people couldn't have all the time.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-16-08 at 08:26 PM
Some birds look at people and see 'good eating', I tend to avoid them if I can.

Posted by Snidget on 11-16-08 at 08:59 PM
Those are some cool birds.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-16-08 at 08:30 PM
Frat boys lost again.

PS. if you stare at the belly dancers, do you really notice what you are eating anyway.

And the frat boys are really lost.

Posted by Snidget on 11-16-08 at 09:02 PM
It didn't seem so hard for other people to find the place, I wonder what their problem is, other than a bad attitude about the locals. People may not speak your language, but they do usually pick up on when you think they are horrid.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-16-08 at 08:34 PM
I thought the frat boy being scare to chickens was bad, but Sarah talks to the chickens!

Where do they find these people?

Posted by Snidget on 11-16-08 at 09:04 PM
For me it isn't that the find them, it is that they can't seem to find anything better to cast.

I'd expect some like this to show up, but just because they audition doesn't mean you have to put them on the show.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-16-08 at 08:46 PM
Ken and Tina have not read their clue and wander away.

Come back and get their clue, but don't read the instructions properly and then return the outfit.

Then don't listen when another team clues them in.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-16-08 at 08:50 PM
And the frat boys mess-up reading their clues.

Does everyone on this show only have grade 5 reading comprehension?

Posted by batts on 11-16-08 at 08:53 PM
Eating contest? This is why I stopped watching Fear Factor.
I cannot watch people eat gross stuff, then puke...

"Agree"
Posted by dabo on 11-16-08 at 10:42 PM
As if the gross numnums challenge weren't bad enough on its own, the eating enough for a whole week or more of nutritional requirements has always been a turnoff for me. At least this time it was an optional FF.

Posted by kingfish on 11-16-08 at 08:55 PM
So, the Frat boys are going to Kazakhstan, a predominantly Muslim country (right?), with a star of David pendant around one of their necks?

Posted by batts on 11-16-08 at 09:04 PM
Could be worse. They could be going to Saudi Arabia, or Iran... with the Star of David. They'd prolly face the Death Penalty.

Posted by kingfish on 11-16-08 at 09:20 PM
I guess the question of why no one would help them has an obvious answer.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-16-08 at 08:56 PM
damn, Damn, DAMN!

Posted by samboohoo on 11-16-08 at 09:08 PM
what, What, WHAT?

Tis the season.

"That's our Final 4????"
Posted by michel on 11-16-08 at 09:15 PM
Has there ever been a worse team than the Dandrews making it in the Final4? Yeah, there probably has but still... And Tina misreading the clue twice. One of these two teams could win it all. Scary.

"RE: That's our Final 4????"
Posted by IanQuentin on 11-16-08 at 09:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-08 AT 09:34 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-16-08 AT 09:31 PM (EST)

I'm willing to bet that they make the final 3. According to the wiki entry one team made "an unprecedented mistake that ultimately prohibit them from joining their fellow Racers at the finish line," thus making them the third team in the show's history."

Bet you it's the frat boys who do it.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-16-08 at 09:41 PM
They are horrid, Horrid, HORRID.

I wonder if Terrence and Sarah were as close as they seemed - I was so hoping they'd outrun the frat boys at the end.

Posted by batts on 11-16-08 at 09:19 PM
My cow boyfriend???

LMAO

"Finish Order"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-08 at 09:24 PM
1. Nick and Starr (FF) win wave runners.
2. Toni and Dallas
3. Ken and Tina
4. Andrew and Dan
5. Terence and Sarah

"RE: Finish Order"
Posted by vince3 on 11-16-08 at 09:40 PM
Kiss of Death strikes!

Posted by anotherkim on 11-16-08 at 09:28 PM
for Nick/Star and Toni/Dallas, this should be like shooting fish in a barrel. Good gods, the other two teams just flat out suck.

--that was a nasty looking delicacy. Vomit.

Posted by KwietOne on 11-16-08 at 11:50 PM
You know, it looked like a couple of dishes Filipinos eat. I think of either calding (goat stew) or diniguan (pork cooked in its own blood). Vegeterian or not, I would have eaten it for $1 million dollars.

Posted by SpotTheDifference on 11-17-08 at 01:21 AM
Speaking as a Filipino, yes, that's something I'd eat .

And seriously? There's absolutely nothing gross about either dinuguan or kalding. Dinuguan is my absolute favorite dish, to be honest. It's just blood, anyway.

Posted by kingfish on 11-17-08 at 09:03 AM
I hope this doesn't give offence, but that statement, along with your screenname should be the inspiration for a vampire story.

"One drop of blood dangled from her fang before it fell onto her white silk blouse. Just one small drop. She was confident that no one would Spotthedifference between her and her fellow diners, afterall, it was only one small drop, and it was only blood. However she hadn't counted on the sharp eyes of Professor Sherman Holmes. Sherman was Sherlock's nephew and the forensic investigator for the Translvania PD, so spotting the difference between a drop of blood soup and fang drippings was really pretty easy."

And FTW I agree, for a million I too would have tipped up the bowl and sucked it down. I liked Sarah a little, occasionally, but Terrance is a loser. I can see why they were accepted for the show, though.

Posted by KwietOne on 11-17-08 at 03:58 PM
Diniguan: It was really good as a kid, but found out at my first pig sacrificial how it was made. I was 12 - never again.

Kalding: We had a goat that I had grown to love as a pet. We had kalding for dinner one night. I was 8. LOL - never again.

HAHA...it's just blood.

Posted by kingfish on 11-17-08 at 04:27 PM
My Dad raised rabbits for a while when I was young. The deal is you buy some breeders, they make baby rabbits, you raise those to a certain age, and then you kill them for food.

Well, I learned that you should never, never, name any animal that you are going to eat later. You shouldn't make pets out of them. I still don't like to eat rabbit although I have eaten enough to know that taste-wise they are OK. I just can't eat one without thinking of poor little Puffball, et al.

Posted by batts on 11-19-08 at 00:12 AM
You did not eat Puffball!

Please tell me you did not eat poor little Puffball!!??

Posted by kingfish on 11-19-08 at 03:25 PM
No. I surreptitiously slipped little Puffball's fried thigh into my pocket.

Posted by byoffer on 11-17-08 at 10:39 AM
I am not now nor ever will be a vegetarian. But my understanding from my son who has a vegetarian friend is that after many years of not eating meat trying to do so will actually make them ill. DS' friend ate some meat at camp and spent a day heaving. And Terrence said he has been vegatarian for a really long time.

IMO they should have left the FF challenge much earlier. They started behind, and never made one move towards catching up. What were they hoping, that Nick and Star would stop eating?

Posted by dabo on 11-17-08 at 11:29 AM
There is truth in this. The body produces digestive enzymes on an as-needed basis. A strict vegetarian wouldn't be able to digest meat (animal protein) very well from being unaccustomed to having to do so, it would tax the system. If the meat were well-cooked or marinated/tenderized or otherwise broken down somewhat before being eaten that would help the process along, but basically strict vegetarians inhibit their ability to process animal protein.

Fatty sheep butt meat and fat, very not a good place for a vegetarian to go off the wagon. Some nice crispy overcooked smoked and seasoned bacon would be the way to go.

Posted by kingfish on 11-17-08 at 01:35 PM
All that is true. Meat processing E-coli probably will diminish or disappear if not fed. And it was dumb decisions connected with that fast forward that contributed to their loss.

But, still, getting it down (soup can be sucked down, maybe with a little cool water dilution and a search for small bones) could have been accomplished, even if he heaved it back up later. He did manage to swallow some, as evidenced by his urping outside the restaurant. But trying to eat something that disgusts you spoonful by spoonful isn't smart. If you gotta get it down, just hold your nose and go for it.

I tend to think that he sould have made his mind up that the sacrifice (the forced swallowing of the soup) was worth a continued shot at a Million bucks.

So I think the dumbest team was eliminated, and that's saying something considering their opponents include the Frat girls and Tina.

"One more Fast Forward, please."
Posted by Estee on 11-16-08 at 09:35 PM
'To complete the Fast Forward, each of you must get a vasectomy. Bring your own pliers.'

"RE: One more Fast Forward, please."
Posted by ShellyMay on 11-17-08 at 09:10 AM
Oooch - men around the country are crossing their legs.

If Terrence had watched any previous seasons, there's very often challenges (be it FF, roadblock or detour) that involve eating local delicacies, which usually translates to something others would consider gross. I agree with Phil - you couldn't choke it down for a million dollars? Wasn't Ethan, the winner of Survivor 3, a vegetarian? He ate chicken because he knew he needed the food for strength. Different game, I know, but similar idea.

Posted by kingfish on 11-17-08 at 09:58 AM
On the other hand, I think it's delightfully sadistic for the producers to have this sort of thing. To weed out vegetarian nimrods who can't or refuse to adapt.

Survival of the strongest stomach.

It does seem that some (at least) of the things they have to do are designed to weed out those with height phobias, those who can't run short distance, those who get confused easily, those who are intinidated by animals, those who can't perform water based activities, those with weak stomachs, and those who are too pretty to have to follow instructions.

And Vegetarians.

Posted by michel on 11-17-08 at 11:16 AM
Why can't they weed out the ones with no brain? Oh! I get it, they need at least one team to finish the race.

Posted by Estee on 11-17-08 at 10:11 AM
Ethan's Jewish (non-Reform): his no-meat moment came during the auction when he and Tom mutually won a breakfast plate that included ham.

Which led to this:

http://www.averdata.net/~locbaseb/funny/2.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE5_84pVilw

Posted by Bebo on 11-18-08 at 10:31 PM
I still cannot believe I got to summarize an elimination episode.