URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1579
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Starting Over DVD"

Posted by discogirl on 08-11-06 at 04:37 PM
Hi
Does anybody know if there is Starting Over DVD's? I missed a bunch of episodes from season 2 and 3 and wanted to chatch up on them.
Thanks for any help!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Starting Over DVD"
Posted by petmama on 08-11-06 at 05:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06 AT 05:19 PM (EST)

From what I've read on other MB's, I doubt it. There are none available yet, at any rate. I'm transferring Season 3 summer reruns from tape to tape, managing to get nine episodes, without commercials, onto six houir tapes. Later, I'll transfer them onto DVD. But only one copy, for my own personal use. I won't be selling any.

"Locking"
Posted by mysticwolf on 08-11-06 at 07:43 PM
No. This was discussed at length in a few other threads. It would be prohibitively expensive to put out DVD's of a show that airs for 1 hr. daily. There would be no way they could recoup their costs. At best, they may, someday, come out with a "Best Of" DVD, showing select moments. But, I wouldn't hold my breath. I do not believe, based upon what I've seen, that they intend to do this, either.

Yes. Some people have taped it themselves. So, before someone uses this thread to either ask for, or offer, tapes that they've made, which would be a guidelines violation (as well as a copyright infringement), I'm going to lock this thread as asked and answered.

No reason to tempt someone into getting into trouble.

(And, I appreciate that you were asking about legal copies. That's encouraged around here.)

Pack Alpha Status Accorded by Tribe blogging's scary