URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 157
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"How .... (East coast spoiler warning)"

Posted by cheesybread on 09-07-05 at 09:56 PM
...does Mig beat out JD?

Explain to me how on God's freakin' good earth did anyone think that Mig performed better then JD, let alone Suzie or even Jordis.

Sorry to see Jordis go, most everyone saw it coming. I was bummed because she seemed about to turn the corner. But it seems once the confidence wavers you can kiss it all goodbye (e.g. Tara, Jessica).

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: How .... (East coast spoiler warning)"
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-07-05 at 10:01 PM
Yes, I agree. Did anyone out there on this messageboard vote for MiG. His performance was terrible and to be honest he hasn't had a great performance the whole show. He defines mediocre. What do the people see?????

Posted by Anabb on 09-08-05 at 01:07 AM
Can you tell me who was in the bottom 3? My DVR didn't tape the entire show.......

Posted by shygirl on 09-07-05 at 10:02 PM
I dont get it either.

poor jordis felt so sorry for her.

but i finally figured what i dont like about suzie. its not only her singing but she doesnt shut her mouth at all its always gaping open even when not singing.

i think she should go next week bottom 3 how many times now? wow im surprised she is still there i think favortism is going on ...

hate to sound crude.. just my opinion everyone has one.

Posted by Tiggertramp on 09-07-05 at 10:08 PM
I am happy for Jordis. She was not feeling like she was right for the band and she is correct.

I really hope this exposure will get her a contract. I would buy her album. I look forward to a great career from her.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-07-05 at 10:14 PM
Did I hear things correctly. it sounded like Jordis was about to sing the wrong verse than stopped and changed it to the right lyrics. She was just way over her head. I knew her being 22 would work against her at some point.

Posted by Loree on 09-07-05 at 10:32 PM
I was told at the live performance that Jordis did stumble on the words and it was the crowd singing along that helped her thru it. She was really ready to leave.

Posted by brvnkrz on 09-08-05 at 09:38 AM
I look forward to seeing more of her and I'm sure we will. I absolutely fell in love with her but I knew that she would never lead this band. I'll be the first in line for an album or a tour from her.

yeah, Syren did me.

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-07-05 at 10:27 PM
This is how I think it happened:
I forget where I saw it but someone wrote that at the City Walk performance, MiG's fans were preteens/teens. I think they are dedicated voters on the net. It's the only thing that makes sense. I mean, look at the all the teens on AI that always last waaaaaaaaay longer than they deserve. I also think that's the only reason Jordis has lasted as long as she did.

I think JD scares little girls. Which, of course, is what I love about him.

Posted by Loree on 09-07-05 at 10:38 PM
One of my suspicions is that MiG gets alot of the votes from outside the US. They are allowed to vote in other countries. MiG is Filipino, he grew up an Aussie and now lives in London. That is alot of votes when you add them up. As Brooke keeps reminding us "even Asia" gets to vote. And he also gets the young girlie vote. I think at this point MiG feels guilty that he has never been in the Bottom 3. Just like Jordis started to feel guilt when she thought she should be voted out and others went. I think MiG really wants a chance to show he can sing INXS but his fans won't give him that chance. We have no idea what INXS thinks of him because they have never had the chance in the entire show to boot him. He is the only one that has happened to. No wonder he is nervous and shaking.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-07-05 at 10:49 PM
Honestly, when you look at MiG do you see STAR?????

I don't. Honestly all of the other final 7 all outshined him. I think everyone Deanna til now has a better chance to be a STAR then MiG. MiG is so medoicre it is sickening.

Posted by Tahj on 09-08-05 at 11:25 AM
Have to disagree with you about MiG. He is far, far from mediocre. He has the best voice of the men and many of his performances have been stellar. True, he didn't do as well as JD on Tuesday, but to say he is mediocre is really unfair. He may not be right for INXS but he is an outstanding performer and artist.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-07-05 at 10:52 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if he is the only one who survives the next bottom three???? I wonder if they would change the format if that happens.

Posted by Loree on 09-07-05 at 11:03 PM
Oh I sure hope they change the format for next week. I hope they eliminate the voting. They can let us vote for an encore. But a bottom 3 is silly with 4 left. Should MiG get to the final without ever singing an INXS song?

Posted by heatherms2k on 09-09-05 at 01:00 AM
My feeling is that next week they give all of them INXS songs to sing, that way they have everyone singing. They really need to see how they all do with their songs, and I would think they would want them to see more than one performance with an INXS song.

(Yes, I know everyone has done more than one INXS song other than Mig. However, if they give them INXS songs to start off with then everyone may be a little bit more relaxed to do them, and be able to really show themselves.)

Posted by me144 on 09-07-05 at 10:54 PM
I'm 37 and I'm a Mig fan, and yes, I do see a star. But then I don't get all the JD love either. And not due to his personality. I don't see JD's talent and I don't think JD's voice is that great. Also rooting for Marty.

Posted by shanana banana on 09-07-05 at 10:57 PM
Sorry --- this is one 38 year old who loves MiG -- it's not all preteens. My musician hubby does too and so do lots of folks my age that I know. I think he is extremely talented and I do see "star" when I watch him.

However, I have no problem saying he had a mediocre performance last night. Just like everybody else has at some point during the competition. I am very surprised to hear MiG did not get into the bottom three -- I'm furious right now because my TiVo was set to tape it and only recorded the first half of the show, so I didn't see the bottom three or the songs they had to sing. I fully expected him to be there and I do want to hear him sing an INXS song. I have the rerun set to tape on VH1 Saturday night so I can see the performances and I set it to tape 30 minutes longer. lol.

If JD was in the bottom three, it was undeserved. And yes, I also voted many times for JD last night. He had a great performance and outshined everyone. I also voted for him for the encore.

But I am glad to hear Jordis went home. That was definitely deserved. I stick by my original prediction that this competition comes down to MiG, JD and Marty.

Posted by queenbee on 09-08-05 at 01:07 AM
Hello! Mid-30's and I love Mig. I agree his performance wasn't great last night. But I still voted for him multiple times because I think from his performances over the week that he deserves to be in the top 2 -- with Marty, of course! I do see a star when I watch him. How quickly we forget the amazing "Baby, I Love Your Way" (for which he also accompanied himself brilliantly on piano) that he did a few weeks back.

I have not yet cast one vote for JD and I never will. He doesn't scare me, I just don't enjoy his voice or his stage presence. So I want him gone. It's not even about him being a jerk anymore. It's just that I wouldn't buy their new CD if he's the lead singer.

Though I hope when we hear more of the new stuff it is better than that song "Us" they did tonight. Didn't care for it. I appreciated the sentiment in dedicating it to the hurricane victims, but I would still rather have heard Marty do "Trees."

Posted by riverrocker on 09-09-05 at 09:42 AM
>I have not yet cast one
>vote for JD and I
>never will. He doesn't
>scare me, I just don't
>enjoy his voice or his
>stage presence. So I
>want him gone. It's not
>even about him being a
>jerk anymore. It's just
>that I wouldn't buy their
>new CD if he's the
>lead singer.
>

Have to agree with you 100%! Oh yes, I'm DEFINITELY not in my teens! Try "greatly mature"! Sounds better than "old"!

Been a rocker fan all my adult life; LOVE new music sounds & heavy metal; fell into INXS music because of "Suicide Blonde." I think Mig and Marty are by far the best of the four left.

Posted by shanana banana on 09-07-05 at 11:02 PM
Added to say that I also think the setup for this show is ridiculous, and I've said it many times, that it's @ss-backwards that only the bottom group of people about to get the boot are the ones singing INXS songs. And how stupid would it be if it came down to two people and neither one had been in the bottom three and they both sucked at singing INXS. How does that accomplish anything?

They all need a chance to prove what they can and can't do as a member of INXS and I think next week they should ALL have to sing an INXS song as well as a cover on performance night. Let the Wednesday show just be an evaluation and kick off night.

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-08-05 at 09:41 AM
"And how stupid would it be if it came down to two people and neither one had been in the bottom three and they both sucked at singing INXS. How does that accomplish anything?"

I believe during the weeks/months of auditions to get whittled down to the final 15 they sang a lot of INXS songs. Perhaps, all INXS all the time. They have certainly had to know certain songs - so they are ready for the bottom 3. I don't think anyone would have made it to the show if they couldn't sing the back catalog well.

Posted by Shypappy on 09-07-05 at 11:03 PM
It's insane! I'm cool with Jordis being the one to go, but the fact that Mig is still so up there in votes makes me sick!

I think Mig should have been second to the bottom!

Posted by thefan on 09-07-05 at 11:21 PM
I believe people is looking at this competition as another version of American Idol or a Soap Opera. If INXS doesn't come with another format this "Process" will backfire to them

Posted by Loree on 09-07-05 at 11:33 PM
Well in the end INXS can only pick one winner and they can always protect that person no matter how many times that person is bottom 3. Or as many times as one of the others never makes bottom 3. The fans can not make INXS hire anyone. So INXS will get the winner they want. The only downside is that someone INXS has no interest in could end up in the finale. But it's their rules. So they had to realize this when they started out. The best 2 may not be the final 2. It could be their fave and "the other one".

Posted by Quackrel on 09-08-05 at 00:19 AM
Mig is the only one who is close in age and is Australian. He's a good fit for the band. He is an actor and will be able to play the part of the lead singer of INXS.

It'll come down to JD (bad guy) and MiG (good guy) and the good guy will win and the bad guy will never be heard from again.

"JD's problem"
Posted by Undertow12345 on 09-08-05 at 00:47 AM
Its just to infantile when he sings.
He is always saying.."hey baby: during songs and playing like he is a Chippendale dancer. He comes off like a silly self absorbed confused Elvis impersonator.
His song he wrote is forgetable straight forward blues rock. I could not remember a shred of it 5 minutes later.

Marty can write and he can sing without acting like a fool.
I would prefer however that marty does not win because I want to hear him do his own music and not have to do Excess music. If he wins that band will hold him back.
I am still singing along with "trees" tonight and I have heard it once last night.
Thats a song.

"RE: JD's problem"
Posted by AndrewTN on 09-08-05 at 07:57 AM
'you and me up in the trees'

Please...that was the corniest, cheesiest song of the lot. Contrived bubble gum pop for the radio. Now that was forgetable.

I've been singing Pretty Vegas since I woke up this morning. Want to hear it again.

Posted by kjgibsonplayer on 09-13-05 at 01:44 PM
'you and me up in the trees'
Please...that was the corniest, cheesiest song of the lot. Contrived bubble gum pop for the radio. Now that was forgetable.

I couldn't agree more with the above comment. It sounds like a song they would sing on Barny. You know the big purple dinasaour.
Come on boys and girls lets sing a song, it'll be me and you up in the trees...

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-08-05 at 09:21 AM
"Marty can write and he can sing without acting like a fool."
- Can you say, "Mad Conductor???"

"I would prefer however that marty does not win because I want to hear him do his own music and not have to do Excess music."
- Why are you even bothering with the show if you aren't a fan?

"If he wins that band will hold him back."
- That's why he (and everyone else in the competition) were UNKNOWNS. Nothing like national exposure, professional coaching, voice training, stylists, hair, make-up to boost a career. INXS has one thing NONE of these singers ever will - they made it on their own.

"I am still singing along with "trees" tonight and I have heard it once last night. Thats a song."
- No, that's a jingle

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-08-05 at 06:56 AM
So what if he's freakin Australian and an actor.

This is about talent and who is a good fit for INXs. I think MiG has the least amount of talent of anyone left. The others have all had outstanding performances. MiG has hid behind a bunch of average performances. Comeon, even if Baby I Love Your Way was outstanding (I personally think it was slighly above average). it still did not fit the style and sound of INXs.

I w2as one of those for the last few weeks thought MiG was going to win. Not so much for the great performances, but for the fact the others have had some poor ones. Look at some one like JD...sure he's had some bad performances, but the guy takes chances. MiG's been playing it safe the whole season. If INXS picks MiG the get Mediocrity.

I am routing for JD than Marty. I also think Suzie has more talent, but she doesn't work for INXS.

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-08-05 at 09:14 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-05 AT 09:23 AM (EST)

"He is an actor and will be able to play the part of the lead singer of INXS."

THAT is exactly what's wrong with MiG. He's an actor in the role of a rocker.

No one is forgetting, "Baby I Love Your Ways." This is for ROCKSTAR - not torch singer, not Billy Joel, not Harry Connick, Jr., not Seal, not any other crooner out there.

How on earth can anyone expect a crooner to front a ROCK band????

This isn't about how well they can sing - I happen to love all of the above singers. The fact that his strong (and I'd say only) suit is ballads, makes him unqualified - okay, not a right fit for a rock band.

Added:
PS - Welcome to the boards! Thanks for adding in. Don't let my response keep you from putting in your two cents - if nothing else, so we can keep disagreeing with eachother.

Posted by shanana banana on 09-08-05 at 09:26 AM
His strong suit is ballads?? Yet he's been the lead in a major rock show for the past year or whatever, singing QUEEN songs --- a hugely talented rock band fronted by a singer with a quite powerful voice, hardly known for their ballads, and certainly not easy material to sing in the least. I find his vocal abilities to be unquestionable.

Whether or not he's right for INXS still remains to be seen, but his rock qualifications are hardly an issue here. I loved Baby I Love Your Way Too, but MiG's rocked out performances are what I loved the most. There's nothing wrong with being versatile.

Both MiG and JD are straight out rockers, in my opinion, just with two totally different styles.

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-08-05 at 10:12 AM
First, let me say I am NOT questioning his vocal abilities - he can sing, no doubt.

And yes, ballads are his strong suit. Baby I Love Your Way is the only song that ever earned him an encore. He's always been known for his sensitivity.

And he was in a musical theater show, not fronting a rock band.

Yes, his rock qualifications are TOTALLY an issue. No matter what anyone thinks of Marty or JD, no one can honestly question their rock ability.

Navarro thought he could rock (Remember, "You've made us rock, now make us cry"? comment.) I never "felt" MiG myself, but I'll have to accept what they say. But since he switched to the crying part, he doesn't seem to have any edge left at all. Like he went over to the other side.

Posted by Anabb on 09-08-05 at 01:03 AM
Can you help me out? My DVR didn't tape the entire show. Who was in the bottom three? Right now, I'm seriously hating my DVR!

Posted by queenbee on 09-08-05 at 01:08 AM
Jordis, Susie and JD. And Jordis was sent home.

Posted by Anabb on 09-08-05 at 01:14 AM
Thank you!! I am seriosuly unhappy with my DVR! LOL...

Posted by shanana banana on 09-08-05 at 01:15 AM
I had the same problem, Anabb -- what was up with the TV settings tonight that they had that listed as a 30 minute show rather than 60? My TiVo only taped the first 30 (boring) minutes of the show and then cut off --- I was p!ssed!!

VH1 is rerunning it on Saturday night at 6:30 though if you want to reset your DVR to rerecord it. I mean, we know what happened, but I'd still like to see the performances and the commentary and Jordis getting the boot and everybody boo-hooing. Of course, it's still only listed as a 30 minute show, so you'll have to change your taping options for that show to run over an additional 30 minutes. sheesh.

Posted by Anabb on 09-08-05 at 01:18 AM
I can't believe I had to watch the new INXS song and missed the bottom three portion. I'm not trusting my DVR for the repeat, I'm sitting my butt down and watching it.

Thanks for the info.

I was also totally disappointed that I didn't get to hear Trees again tonight..but that I saved that recording!

Posted by NanIndy on 09-08-05 at 01:41 AM
Ok, everyone is going to have their opinions and favorites and mine is JD. I thought his own song Pretty Vegas was absolutely freakin awesome!! He had the whole place rockin and into it. He knows how to work the crowd and demand attention. I like it that he moves around and interacts. He won last night hands down!
I have always liked Mig too and what abs he showed on stage too! I just didn't care for his slow boring song he did of his own.
At the beginning I liked Ty, yes, Ty...but now I am sold on JD as the best one to fit in with INXS.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-09-05 at 06:58 AM
I am with you. My two favorites were also Ty and JD.

Posted by leianawd on 09-08-05 at 07:39 AM
Yeah, I too would like to know how Mig beat J.D. in the votes! The only thing that I can think of is that people like Mig's personality better and therefore vote for him even when his performances are weak. All I could think was J.D. rocked the other night. His songs were great and his energy was fantastic, it was like being at a real concert (well at least like watching a real concert),so I was in huge disbelief when J.D. ended up in the bottom three.

As for Jordis, it was her time to go. She had several chances to change it around for herself and should have done that when she felt she should have been in the bottom three and had gone after her "Dream On" performance. Jordis lost the fire and will in her to be in this competition and I think she was more second guessing her desire to be lead singer for INXS. It was probably upsetting in the way that she might feel regrets and the fact that she will probably miss the other rockers. All in all it was her time.

"Tone Deaf Teens???"
Posted by CattyChat on 09-08-05 at 08:12 AM
I was so miffed last night that the best performer of the night ended up in the bottom 3 & so-so MiG still has not been in the bottom.

I have nothing against MiG -- seems like a nice guy, great Aussie accent -- but this show is about who is best to front INXS & help bring INXS to a comeback!!! It is not about who would be nice to sit & have coffee with.

Even Jordis & MiG knew that J.D. was a force to be reckoned with, because his unbelievable performance & his rapport with the audience seriously intimidated both Jordis & MiG. Then, MiG goes on to say how he felt like a lamb being lead to slaughter having to follow J.D. (One thing I have a problem with MiG is that he always has backhanded comments -- he is Mr. super sweet nice guy & you think he complimenting J.D. and WHAM, there's the twist -- FAKE, FAKE, FAKE)

I started out with MiG as one of my faves in the beginning -- nice looking, Aussie, could be a great fit for INXS -- but I have come to realize over the weeks that VOCALLY he is one of the weakest competitors left Also, with each performance MiG shows more & more that he is more pop, soft rock & show tunes. Suzie would be a better fit for INXS than MiG.

I really can't wait to finally hear MiG and his thin, weak vocals tackle an INXS song. At least J.D. knocked Mystify out of the park last night, further solidifying that he is the only one left who would make a perfect fit & choice for INXS to have a comeback. The only other that could come close is Marty.

I was Mystified last night.

"RE: Tone Deaf Teens???"
Posted by Loree on 09-08-05 at 08:56 AM
I have been hearing that several JD fan sites planned this result. They were all going to vote to get him the encore and not vote as much for the ranking. They wanted him to get to sing 2 songs so he could be the stand-out of the night. So it was more important to them to get the encore for him. They all figured after his performance on Tuesday and getting the encore, INXS would never boot him if he was in the Bottom 3. So JD would be singing more than anyone on Wednesday and INXS and the public would get to hear how good he was. They got their result but I think they confused JD, MiG, INXS and everyone else.

Posted by leianawd on 09-08-05 at 10:18 AM
Actually, that is pretty smart. J.D. is getting into the spotlight more. Honestly, I don't want to see J.D. go because he is the main reason for why I watch the show but I would rather see him go solo.

Posted by triednottowatch on 09-08-05 at 10:45 AM
Well, I don't know about the voting plan, but I do know that the way things worked out, JD benefitted greatly. He got to sing his original AND shine singing an INXS song. He may not have the purest voice in this group, but he's got the "rockstar" package. He can work a song to fit his voice, he can write both music and lyrics (something neither Jordis nor Suzie can do) and he owns the stage when he is on it. I think INXS wants a front man who OWNS the stage. Michael Hutchence was the face of INXS and I don't think the rest of the band had a problem with that. They seem to be very low ego for a former supergroup.

If Mig had a little of JD's edge he might be a better fit, but he is so vanilla. Nice guy, no rock star. He fits theater because he can shine here and there, but is part of an ensemble, not having to carry a show. Let's face it, no matter how good the musicians in a band are, the lead singer drives the show. Imagine a Stone Temple Pilots show without Scott Weiland.

Marty is very talented, but he is not versatile enough. Even his "Trees" (Ugh, "you and me up in the trees"? spare me) ended up having a few lines in which he screamed. And I thought he slaughtered Everlong in trying NOT to scream. He needs to be fronting a hard rock scream band, not INXS.

Suzie? She is definitely talented, but when they all sang "Us" she sounded like a backup singer for INXS, not the lead singer. She needs to be a solo act, or fronting a band with a different sound.

Love him or hate him, JD appears to be the best fit for INXS. I could see them changing the arrangement a little bit and cutting "Dirty Vegas" as an INXS song.

Posted by dragonflies on 09-08-05 at 08:38 AM
IMO the reason MiG beat out JD is that people are voting for their favorite TO BE THE LEAD SINGER OF INXS, not necessarily who sang the best that night. After all, isn't that what this show is about? It's not a weekly talent contest, it has a goal of finding the "best person for the band".

That being said, from a talent perspective, I think any of the top 4 are talented enough. But who is the best fit? Either MiG or JD.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

I don't even like JD, but he fits much better than Marty, whom I really like, or Susie.

Posted by true on 09-08-05 at 08:48 AM
Mig was spared from the bottom three, because his nervous fans voted like crazy when his name appeared as second to last at the end of the performance show.

Jordis basically begged her fans to send her home this week. It was time. I think she'll be much better off on her own.

Posted by mmcook on 09-08-05 at 10:05 AM
My opinion:

Man, I've been checking out this board since about the top 7, and I can't believe how quickly feelings change! As soon as MiG didn't get into the bottom three, I knew immediately that would be the entire focus of the forum. I'm sure it was a close race.. I doesn't mean MiG is a million times better than JD. The right person went home, and people are voting on the overall package - not one great performance (which is good). That's how someone can get the encore and not the top 2. Not some BS about an organized group wanted to see more of JD. It doesn't make enough of a difference in WOLRDWIDE voting. MiG is now the crucified bag guy, even though he did nothing wrong. It's really typical in Reality TV singing competitions for people to get SUPER angry at a performer who has NO control over the voting. Like it's MiG's fault for not being in the bottom three. He's a humble guy, he knows he should be there based on his performance last night and was shocked. However, let me just say that "Hard to Handle" was great, and unfortunately his personal song is what people were left with. BUT, I do believe that his personal song showed the most MUSICAL talent and diversity in the group. A couple interested time signatures and colorful chords. I agree that it's not an INXS feature, but hopefully they are looking past that at a great, versatile talent.

Now, JD. I've been a JD fan for a while because I thought his attitude was appropriate for a Rock band. Despite the opposition I faced from my female friends who all like MiG or Marty ("How could like that arrogant SOB!" they would say). Well, anyway, it's funny to see JD now as one of the "fan" favorites. I mean, he has REALLY blown some songs in the past. People's attention spans are so short, it's unbelievable. Mob mentality at it's finest - let's jump on the band wagon! MiG, at least, has been consistent. But, honestly, I like JD and I think his biggest problem as the lead singer of INXS would be his ability to integrate into the band and take direction.

Marty. Oh, Marty. Evidently, people thing MiG is not a Rock singer. You guys think Marty is a Rock singer!?!? Sorry.. but he's as much out of place as MiG or Suzie. JD is the one who most caters to what INXS is about (but provides more of an "edge", which is good). Marty biggest asset is his "raw" edge, and the fact that he listens to the band and takes direction really well. Yes, Marty could help "modernize" INXS, but not without a style change (same as MiG and Suzie). So, it's fine to praise Marty as a star (I am a BIG fan myself), but don't critise other people for not being "Rocky" enough. Look at INXS. Looks at what they've done in the past. Now look at the new song they wrote and performed in last night's show.. Now, tell me honestly that you think Marty should win this competition and be the lead singer of THAT band. Wouldn't we all rather see him someplace else?

Don't have much to say about Suzie.. She's changed a lot since having that big week with Queen. Grown a lot more confident, and is an all-round good performer. I don't find her totally convicing on stage though.

That's all I've got to say. I'm a fan of the show, and a fan of each of the final four in different ways. They're all awesome; none are "mediocre". Maybe some of YOU play in some mediocre rock band, but these four are amazing to have gotten this far. Jordis is an example of what a competition like this can do to a person. I would give my left nut to have one of these final people lead my band.

Later.

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-08-05 at 10:21 AM
Dude, what boards are you reading?

MiG as the bad boy? Crucified? No one is MAD at him for not getting in the bottom 3. It just doesn't make sense - Kirk said it was MYSTIFYING that JD was in the bottom 3. Of course we're gonna talk about the things that seem off kilter.

JD as the fan favorite? Uh, aside from a few of us hardcore fans, I still think are PLENTY of JD bashers out there.

Read the threads about "Have you changed your mind over the series" or the weekly love list that shows how people have ranked throughout the competition.

I don't think many people have changed their mind. Marty has come a long way in my opinion thanks to his cutting back on the screaming, but he'll never be my favorite.

Posted by shanana banana on 09-08-05 at 10:25 AM
What a great post, mmcook. ITA.

Posted by true on 09-08-05 at 10:57 AM
Not sure if you meant to reply to me or not, but since you did...

All I meant by my post was, that showing the rankings at the end of the show gives each contestants fans more incentive to vote, and if their overall fav is near the bottom, I'm betting that those fans logged more votes then usual this week. Just like on AI, when a contestant is bottom 3 one week, they're usually not bottom 3 the next week. Their fans vote EXTRA to make sure of it. This week, when the order was shown, was the first time that Mig was anywhere near the bottom. Of course his fans are going to vote extra, it only makes sense. I think JD was hurt by singing first, and Marty was helped by singing last. It all factors into who makes bottom 3 each week.

Other thoughts-

I like all of them that are left, for different reasons. Personally, I think JD would be the best fit for this band. I've loved Marty, Mig, and JD from the beginning, and Suzie has really grown on me the past few weeks.

Of the 4 left, I think Marty, JD, and Suzie will have lots of opportunities ahead if they don't win, I'm not so sure about Mig, as I think he doesn't seem to have the confidence that the others do. I also don't think his style fits todays music as much as the other 3. I still enjoy him on this show, but don't know if I'd buy his CD. I think Mig needs to win the most, and winning will help his career the most. I think the other 3 would be better off not winning.

"Who thinks INXS can really come back."
Posted by toddE on 09-08-05 at 05:12 PM
Throughout this series, I have wondered "Will INXS really have a chance at a comeback, regardless of who wins?" This feeling has become stronger in the past two weeks.

I actually think INXS wants Suzie or Mig. Mig would be a better choice since he has an international fan base, and that is going to be key for them.

I was more interested in the singers who weren't such a good "fit" for the band, since I though they might go in a new, more interesting direction. But now, I don't think that will happen. All four left are definitely good "fits" with them (not that that's a good thing).

"RE: Who thinks INXS can really come back."
Posted by Quackrel on 09-09-05 at 00:41 AM
The answer is NO. They will not make a comeback. Their tour after the show may do OK due to the tv exposure but it'll fade fast.

I think the term Rock Star is part of the problem with people's feelings about the show. INXS is a Pop band. Maybe a modern rock band. Mig is a pop singer. If this was an Americal Idol type show where we just pick the next Rock Star the voting would be very different. Marty, JD or Suzie would have a better chance. In this scenario they do not have a chance to win.

Posted by CattyChat on 09-08-05 at 03:29 PM
To echo LaLa, what boards ARE you reading???

>"Not some BS about an organized group wanted to see more of
>JD."
WHAT?? Sounds like a "conspiracy" theory to me.

>"MiG is now the crucified bag guy, even though he did nothing
wrong."
None of us have crucified or even blame MiG. The concensus on these boards is still that MiG is a supersweet guy. There are just a few of us who have come to realize over these weeks that MiG is more pop/ soft rock/crooner & just NOT the right fit to front a rock-n-roll band or INXS. Some of us don't feel he is stong vocally, either. That doesn't mean he's not talented or anyone hates him. Come on, let's be serious.

>"funny to see JD now as one of the "fan" favorites. I mean, he has REALLY blown some songs in the past. People's attention spans are so short, it's unbelievable. Mob mentality at it's finest - let's jump on the band wagon!"
I don't remember there ever being a band wagon to jump on. You might want to reevaluate the various posts, because this is really in left field. I started out with various faves (including J.D.) & over the weeks, my thoughts have changed on some. Everybody has their own opinions, but in my eyes the only performance blown by J.D. was Champions. I've enjoyed all his other performances & enjoy the downloads of all his other performances. I guess I helped start the "mob mentality" week one, because that's when I became a J.D. fan!

> "MiG, at least, has been consistent." Yes, consistently mediocre.

>But, honestly, I like JD and I think his biggest problem as the lead singer of INXS would be his ability to integrate into the band and take direction."
I haven't seen anything by J.D. to show that he WOULDN'T integrate & take direction. J.D., from the beginning, has been vocal about how much he idolizes INXS. There has also not been any mention of friction or problems with J.D. working with the house band. The problem is that some people jump to conclusions & make judgments without any information.

I think where some people are getting confused is that just because people might not think MiG or Ty or Jordis or any of the others are right for INXS or right for a ROCK BAND, does not mean that we don't believe they are really talented and it's also not a knock against anyone's personality, integrity or that we "hate" anyone.

Welcome to the boards, but you might not want to use such harsh criticism of us other posters.

Posted by kjgibsonplayer on 09-13-05 at 02:04 PM
I've been looking forward to the Tuesday show every week until now because I've just heard there will be another performance of "In The Trees". One of the cheesiest juvenile songs I've heard in a while. While Jordis hit a few stumbling blocks she was one of the one's I looked forward to hearing every week. I no longer care to see any of Mig's performances. Suzie has a good voice but I think Jordis was better. JD is the only person left I care to watch. Pretty Vegas is a great song! Go JD!! I think I will be turning the channel when Marty starts singing Trees. I'm truly shocked at how people have reacted to that song. Maybe I should write songs because I know I could sure write something better than that. And he keeps talking about how he could take INXS in a more modern direction. What is he talking about?! Grunge is freakin' dead!!! The dude is stuck in nineteen ninety something! I know Jordis wasn't right for the band but she should have stayed around longer then Marty, horse toothed Suzie, and Mig who can't pronounce anything right. JD is the obvious choice to win. He's probably too good for them though. INXS has some ok songs but they aren't exactly one of the best rock bands of all time or anything. For a band that put out so many albums why the heck do they keep picking the same 3 or 4 INXS songs for them to sing. Oh yeah and Kirk looks like some kind of Saturday Night Live character. Sometimes I chuckle out loud when he's making comments. How can you take a guy that looks like that seriously?!

Posted by MWMWMWMWMWMWMWM on 09-13-05 at 11:44 PM
Easy answer. Australia (and possibly NZ) have carried this guy. The only reason he's top 4 is that INXS hasn't had the opportunity to cut him loose. In reality, he may be deserving of 4th place, but Suzie, Marty and JD clearly showed tonight (9/13) that they are the top 3. IMHO, JD's the right guy for the job. Nothing against Suzie or Marty -- I'm a big fan of both. Suzie should have a solo career, and Marty should front a different band. JD's got the right voice & style to have INXS packing stadiums again.