URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1563
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"possible spoiler info from today's Washington Post- on Sarah"

Posted by tjcrew on 09-29-08 at 09:42 AM
There isn't enough info really for a spoiler, but didn't want to risk posting it on fan section. I just thought since it mentions that she saw "so much poverty" on the race, that maybe it means she lasts for a while. Here is what was in the Post:

For months, Potomac native Sarah Leshner begged her boss: Please could she take off a month for a shot at reality TV fame? The answer came back no: The company needed her for the big spring conference -- and it didn't want that kind of publicity.

Turned out her company had bigger things to worry about . . . because it was Bear Stearns. When the investment bank collapsed in March, Leshner found herself jobless but suddenly free to take that offer to compete on "The Amazing Race." The Churchill High grad, 31, and boyfriend Terence Gerchberg were among 11 teams vying for $1 million in the new season that debuted last night. (Dad Alan Leshner is a leading D.C. policy wonk: chief exec of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.)

"I feel like I lived through a horrible tragedy," Leshner said of her colleagues who are uprooted or unemployed. But it worked out for her: After seeing so much poverty via the show's round-the-world chase, she abandoned Wall Street for a job in microfinance. "It just feels so much better," she said.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: possible spoiler info from today's Washington Post- on Sarah"
Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 09-29-08 at 03:51 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-08 AT 03:53 PM (EST)

Wow, I get two WTF! from that.

One, listening to a company telling you what you should do with your life when it turns out that you can't even depend on said company to be around to support you in the long run.

Two, listening to any company period to turn down a chance to enter TAR. Remember, all things being equal (yes I know they arn't) you get a 1-in-12 chance to winning a million dollars. Those have to be the best odds on the planet!

And a big thumbs-up for using the race to see new openings for future work that also benefits others.

Posted by CTgirl on 09-29-08 at 04:32 PM
Phil Keoghan was interviewed in USA Today last Friday.

He said that they visit India again so I would assume that they make it at least as far as there.

Another Tribe Creation

Posted by michel on 09-29-08 at 10:31 PM
I haven't been on top of TAR this season but the whole route was shown on CBS.com. Yesterday, there was a world map with the stops marked off. I didn't copy it and I can't find it today but from what I remember:
- 1 more pitstop in Brasil
- They move to western South America (Equador, Peru?)
- They travel all the way to New-Zealand for at least on pit stop
- They move back westward to India
- There's at least one stop in Central Asia (Almaty in Kazakhstan, is first I think)
- They then head towards Europe and back to the US.

Sorry, can't remember more than that.

Posted by ohmyheck on 09-29-08 at 11:26 PM
I'm pretty sure it was this:

Leg 1 - Salvador, Brazil
Leg 2 - Fortaleza, Brazil
Leg 3 - La Paz, Bolivia
Leg 4 - Te Puke, New Zealand
Leg 5 - Angkor Wat, Cambodia
Leg 6 - New Delhi, India
Leg 7 - Old Delhi, India
Leg 8 - Almaty, Kazakhstan