URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID47
Thread Number: 156
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Evan vs. David"

Posted by Ricky on 11-19-03 at 05:29 PM
So who is actually a better catch, Evan (from the first Joe Millionaire) or David (from this season of course). Assume that both have the same amount of money...none...(at least before the show).

Who is better looking ?
Who has got the better personality ?
Who would you choose and why ?

(I'm a straight guy, so I wouldn't choose either. But I thought Evan was just a total dork, so I guess I like David better)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Evan vs. David"
Posted by ginger on 11-19-03 at 06:22 PM
David. Better bod. Possibly a little more between the ears.
Evan was a great hulking clod.
Granted, David is most attractive when doing what He Does - Being a Cowboy. When he rides the horse he looks graceful and almost hot. Evan never got the chance to star in a bunch of footage of him riding Caterpillers or something.

But I'll take Cowboy Dave, if forced.

Actually, I prefer Hurricane to either of them.

The mitzvah that is my signpic courtesy the genius that is our own JSlice. Such a nice girl! Now, have some more borscht.

"Kermit the frog"
Posted by Angelfood on 11-19-03 at 06:37 PM
Neither.
I'll take Kermit the frog. Its not easy being green.
Or any Average Joe. Its not easy being dorky.

"I don't want to be evil now, I'm just saying the truth" - Olinda

Posted by Swami on 11-19-03 at 07:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-03 AT 07:27 PM (EST)

"Catch" is not a word I would use for either of those two, but I would pick Evan over David for sure.

The whole Woody Haralson thing just bugs me, plus David's whinny and too blonde.

Evan was 6'5" and very hunky looking. A better body. Yeah I know--he's dumb as they come. So?

Edited because I forgot to say 'Hi Ricky, welcome to SB' I just have no manners these days...

Posted by Deonna on 11-19-03 at 07:51 PM
I would rather be alone the rest of my life. I afraid I would go insane if I had to spend any amount of time with either one of them.

Deonna

"i.heart.Deonna"
Posted by Angelfood on 11-19-03 at 08:04 PM
LOL. good one.
The more comments of yours I read, the more I heart you.

p.s.
I finished the AvgJoe summary already.

"RE: i.heart.you too"
Posted by Deonna on 11-19-03 at 08:09 PM
Oh Boy! I am off to read!

Deonna

Posted by StarryLuna on 11-19-03 at 08:06 PM
I'd pick Paul. C'mon, a civilized man with a great taste for liquor and knows how to clean? Woo-hoo, sign me up!

If I had to pick between Evan and David and death wasn't an option, I'd definitely pick David. Evan was an orangatun posing as a man. David's better looking and seems slightly more intelligent.

A JSlice of holiday spirit!

"another vote for paul"
Posted by badger on 11-19-03 at 10:08 PM
i think i'd take the butler over the "millionaire" any day.

but if forced to choose between evan and david. . . oh gawd. i just can't.

"vote change: evan"
Posted by badger on 11-24-03 at 09:38 AM
well, after last night's simpson's episode, with evan starring in Anton Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard, I have TOTALLY REVISED my opinion of him. Wow. What an actor. What an aesthete. What a genius.

Can't help but wonder how much FOX paid him for his one-liner: "I do not have a cherry orchard"

LOL

"RE: vote change: evan"
Posted by Tiger Lily on 11-24-03 at 01:01 PM
I saw that too. I was cracking up!

The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.

Posted by Tiger Lily on 11-20-03 at 01:53 AM
You're making us choose between those two clods? You're evil, Ricky. Really evil.

Um... David has a better body...

--Case in point. Mmmmm... (pic complements of Webby)
...and seems slightly more articulate, but man is he annoying! And I don't think I could ever date a Woody clone- that's just creepy.

On the other hand, Evan is a neanderthal and a complete DAW (and not the good SB kind).

So, if you're asking me to pick somebody from Joe Millionaire, I'd probably have to swing the other way and pick Cat.

I wouldn't be surprised if Evan and David have that effect on a lot of the women they date.

Posted by heracane on 11-20-03 at 07:05 AM
I am pretty new to these forums, I wonder what DAW stands for.. ive been trying to figure it out for a week now.

thanks

"daw-ness"
Posted by Angelfood on 11-20-03 at 09:16 AM
we get asked that alot. took me a couple days myself.
on every post you do, there's a phrase near your name, with the number of "Desperate Attention Whore" postings. Daw.
It can refer to us or esp. Reality Contestants. So, no one get offended, cause we wear that title with pride.

Posted by Swami on 11-20-03 at 11:42 AM
if you're asking me to pick somebody from Joe Millionaire, I'd probably have to swing the other way and pick Cat.

Oh what a good idea! I will swing over & pick up Terezia (sp?). She's my kind of gal. Remember her? The one who was booted because she was "drinking too much, cussing like a sailor and didn't have any underwears on"? It's like--love at first sight.

Apologizing to AKim on every thread today.

Posted by Tiger Lily on 11-20-03 at 11:46 AM
Oh yeah! I forgot about Tereza. Good choice, Swami.

And I forgot to say in my other post, this was a great thread idea, Ricky! And welcome.

Sentence first. Verdict afterwards.

Posted by EnglProf on 11-20-03 at 04:03 PM
Ahh-- the classic 'lesser of two evils' question...

I'm with you guys that are swinging the other way-- I think Linda is attractive, if a little blah in the personality dept.

Evan-- a huge DAW, I agree, and a little swarthy, but I had MUCH more fun watching him than I am watching David. Hot bod or no, David honestly can't string a thought togther when he's not alone in a room with Paul. I have yet to hear him say a single intelligent thing, and the accent doesn't help (though I'm used to it now 'cause I'm living in the South)

At least Evan was sharper in his confessionals. David really seems like a huge dolt, but he seems like a nice dolt-- as long as the tabloid rumors aren't true...

Evan's 15 minutes of fame went to his head way too much...

I'm gonna have to stick with Linda...

Posted by HistoryDetective on 11-30-04 at 07:58 PM
I would definitely choose Evan. I had a similar take on David as you, Prof. He was so stupid. How many times did Paul have to tell him "I am your butler. Your do not call me Sir." David may have had a slightly nicer body, but Evan wasn't too bad to look at (especially once he got his hair cut after the show).

a sig by syren

Posted by CyberCooties on 11-22-03 at 04:25 PM
David. He's sweeter than Evan.

P.S. Is there something about not wearing underwear that makes women cus? I miss Thereza too! Funny gal. Remember David on Thereza "Mayaan, she was naasty! Yes ma'am, I do cus, but not in front of the ladies."

Ew! CyberCooties!

Posted by ValleyGirl on 11-21-03 at 07:33 PM
This ValleyGirl has to go with the good ol' country boy, he may seem slow but get him in the saddle and he sure knows how to ride.

Posted by EmpressDR on 11-22-03 at 04:09 PM
I like BOTH, both have sexy bodies;
I'd prefer to sleep with EVAN, any day, though.
but I have fan clubs for BOTH:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JoeMillionaireEvanMarriott
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JoeMillionaire2DavidSmith

Posted by DebCapsFan on 11-24-03 at 11:35 AM
I'd have to go with Paul. Such delicious snarkiness.

Posted by minitroll on 11-24-03 at 12:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-03 AT 12:58 PM (EST)

Evan or David? Yuck. I would never last a week with either of those idiots. I'll take Hurricane.

Evan and David O.K. to look at, but they're dumb as a box of rocks.

Posted by tig_ger on 11-24-03 at 07:22 PM
Who is better looking ?

One of the most attractive features for me is the appearance of intelligence.

One look in the vapid eyes of either Evan or David and I am so completely turned off.

If I could force both men to wear shades at all times and not let them speak at all, then I would say that Evan is more attractive to me.

Who has got the better personality ?

They have a personality?

None of the above. OK, I said I wasn't going to cheat like that, so I'll answer the question.

David has more natural manners, so I am going to go with him here.

Who would you choose and why ?

Well, David seems a little more articulate and interesting than Evan, but that's like comparing cow manure to horse manure. Given the choice, I wouldn't put either in my bed.

A Kyngsladye Original

Posted by managerr on 11-26-03 at 05:28 PM
I think that both of them would make great trophy husbands/boyfriends. David seems like he would be less likely to embarrass you in public though, so I'd have to go with him.

I would not be surprised at all if one or both of them hooked up with a rich female celebrity at some point in the future. J-Lo if their lucky. Liza Minelli if their not.

Posted by Tiggertramp on 11-27-03 at 02:02 PM
Wow, what a so not difficult question....hmmmmm.
Dumb? Or Dumber?
Dull? Or Duller?
Tossup here ladie and gents! I'd say either the horse, Paul, or living a life alone....they were so not worth my time.