URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 154
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Tarzan cancelled"

Posted by dabo on 11-25-03 at 05:33 PM
Well, it was interesting while it lasted, though it was difficult for me to really think of it as Tarzan. More like blonde wannabe Tarzan-like urban superhero with sidekick Jane the cop and her little sister thrown in for when the more traditional Janedamsel-in-distress has to be used. Lucy Xena as Aunt Tarzan couldn't save the show, actually they pretty much gave her nothing to work with which was a real waste. Ah well.

WB is currently in negotiations with Dan Curtis for a new updated version of Dark Shadows. Let's hope they don't relocate it to the wilds of darkest Africa or something, eh!

SMILES ARE FREE

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Tarzan cancelled"
Posted by ashleybfogg on 11-25-03 at 06:06 PM
I caught it a few times. It was watchable, but I agree- leaping tall buildings just isn't Tarzan. "Lucy Xena as Aunt Tarzan"...you so funny! they had chemistry, but I'd rather have them run off to the jungle. Beasts and evil safari guys - better than just a bad bunch of city henchmen... or evil gob'ment guys.. whatever they were?

Dark Shadows? could be good, I always wished that show had better F/X - they were pretty hokey in those days. Vampires? just makes me miss Buffy. waaaah.

ashlet *waves* hi dabo!

"RE: Tarzan cancelled"
Posted by Efjendar on 11-26-03 at 07:09 PM
Tarzan = JUNGLE

I watched bits and pieces and the brooding Tarzan was just boring. Tarzan is a man of action!