URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1532
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Iyanla, in a new tv show"

Posted by creepyoldwoman on 06-12-06 at 09:40 PM
From IMDB: She plays 'cheryls mom'

"The Last Stand, a drama that chronicles the life of four very different people attempting success as performers in Los Angeles until life becomes too much to handle. They meet at a notable Hollywood comedy club, The Last Stand. While waiting for their sets their regular hangout spot is on the roof adjacent to the comedy club. There they form a bond and become fast friends. In dealing with the pressures of life and the industry they become a support unit for each other. Living life in the fast lane their lives start to crumble. As they get closer and closer to the edge, one tragic step ends the pain. Through the lives of Reggie, TD, Bo and Dede we see the drama of comedy."

I watched the trailer for this and didn't see her in it. So, she may be a minor player.
This looks like a series, not reality. It also has mainly men in it.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Iyanla, in a new tv show"
Posted by Labyrinth on 06-12-06 at 10:16 PM
Hm sounds like Iguana wants to be more like her former mentor Oprah every day.

What network would this be airing on? Assuming cable?

Posted by creepyoldwoman on 06-13-06 at 07:57 AM
I am not quite sure, Labyrinth. The trailer looks rather violent. So, it sort of smells of cable. It really doesn't seem like something the universe would approve of though. There's a corpse scene, murdered in the street. Lots of fighting, drinking etc. No washing hands in flowers or lovey dovey footsie massages.

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 06-13-06 at 08:59 AM
Now she's found her forte. Iyanla is an actress - always was, always will be.

Posted by creepyoldwoman on 06-13-06 at 10:44 AM
Yes, I agree, SR.

A lot of stuff I recognized with Iyanla, was stuff I learned studying dream interpretation according to Jung. Jung was big on the "shadow" concept. Your fears, negative self reflection etc. The shadow comes up in dreams as something chasing you. Ms Mabel and Niambi's Sasha were personifications of "the shadow".

Anyway, what am I getting at? Well, the message was okay, even though the messenger went on to stranger things that didn't correspond to what her message was. IMO.

The post show apocolypse of its participants can be disappointing. From Ebay to myspace to now being cast in a totally different medium, really can make me question everything about Starting Over and it's "process" and integrity. However, I guess you keep what you can use and dispose of the rest. I guess most of us thought this was something a little more special then a simple tv show.

BTW, I checked out Denise from Season 2. Her website is not there anymore. So, I guess the 15 minutes lasts for under a year.

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 06-13-06 at 11:37 AM
How right you are, creepy.

Iyanla is a modern day Jung-ist (lol, is that a word?). Her use of the "shadow" person in those exercises was a mirror of Jung's theory of the alter-personalilty we all have and hide (allegedly...yawn).

Good call.

Posted by creepyoldwoman on 06-13-06 at 12:39 PM
How right you are, creepy.
Iyanla is a modern day Jung-ist (lol, is that a word?). Her use of the "shadow" person in those exercises was a mirror of Jung's theory of the alter-personalilty we all have and hide (allegedly...yawn).

Good call.

thanks SR. Coming from you with all of your intelligent insights, it's very flattering.
And regarding Ms. Iyanla, she would be a 'Jungian" however, even Mr. Jung loathed "the jungians" and said something to the effect that HE would never want to be known as a 'Jungian" himself.

Seems as if the hgs of SO3 were more into Jungs compatriot, old Sigmund Freud. With all of the flirting, stripping and boo boo searching their libidos were out of control. Well at least for the ratings ....

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 06-13-06 at 08:48 PM
Thanks creepy! I learned something today. Jungian...I've already made a mental note of it. I guess it makes sense -- Freudian, Jungian...and dare we add, VanZantian? Nah, I'm not sure there's an original thought in that head, lol.

Posted by Labyrinth on 06-13-06 at 02:26 PM
>It really doesn't
>seem like something the universe
>would approve of though. There's
>a corpse scene, murdered in
>the street. Lots of fighting,
>drinking etc. No washing hands
>in flowers or lovey dovey
>footsie massages.

ROFLMAO!!

Well I don't know don't you think that Iguana has a sadistic cruel streak underneath? I sure do think so. Her connection to Superhead and promoting her as a mentor to Christina and some of the other people she dragged onto the SO show for their 10 seconds of fame - I think she's acquainted, or wants to be, with the seamy underbelly. That way she can save them, God Damn! Praise the Lord! Halleujuah!

Posted by GoodnightLittleBear on 06-13-06 at 04:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-13-06 AT 04:57 PM (EST)

Nowadays they have all that right on primetime network television LOL.

If she's listed as "Cheryl's mom" you know she has a maximum of 5 lines. She's not even on long enough to have a name. Wouldn't it be a hoot if she played a crack ho? From life mentor to lowdown crack ho.

Posted by Labyrinth on 06-13-06 at 08:03 PM
What an evil mind you have bear! I like it....

Posted by Toushay on 06-15-06 at 11:56 AM
Where is this show?