URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 152
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jay London is Awful, Thank You."

Posted by ssaxe on 08-05-04 at 11:22 AM
Okay, let's be honest ... Jay London is awful. Yes, he is a little like Steven Wright except for one main difference ... ahh, Steven Wright was actually funny (and original).

Of all the comics that made the show (and I admit that some of the funnier, unknown comics did not make the show ... which is sad), Jay London is by far the worse (in my opinion).

And, he does the same lame jokes week after week ... "0 for 2", "I'll move over here", "It's almost over".

Now, Todd Glass is one funny guy.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jay London is Awful, Thank You."
Posted by truthrules50 on 08-05-04 at 11:51 AM
<"Now, Todd Glass is one funny guy. ">

WAAHHH !! I MISS MY GLASS-MAN !!

I really can take or leave Jay. Some of his stuff does make me laugh...he reminds me of an old vaudeville comic: "Take my wife...." He's okay.

But Todd ? I started out hating him in the beginning - he got on my nerves. Then, I fell in LOVE with him. I said it on this site before - I still think he was one of the most NATURALLY comics. He was the same off stage and on. He could get on the stage and do his schtick, and if you LIKED him, great - if not, it didn't stop him from being himself and doing what HE thought was funny.

I loved when he would stop in the middle of an act and mimic people on the internet, or shout, "I got his in the BAG, baby."
He had me and my hubby in tears.

Todd, we hardly knew ya.

Posted by PagongRatEater on 08-05-04 at 10:21 PM
BUMP.

I miss Todd!

Posted by habibdan02 on 09-10-04 at 09:48 AM
Jay London is not awful. In fact, he is probably the funniest guy on the entire show. He has the best material and the best sets. What you have to realize is that the type of stand up that he's doing is completely different from everyone elses and that it takes an intelligent person to get the jokes.

Posted by Kellar on 09-10-04 at 10:15 AM
When a person makes a statement that only “intelligent” people can appreciate Jay’s brand of humor I always quote the same joke. “My Girlfriend told me that she had crabs, so I bought her fish net stockings”, now there must be something I’m missing here because my simple brain has let to find the brilliant comedy hidden in this gem of a joke.

Posted by Bebo on 09-10-04 at 11:05 AM
habibdan02, welcome to the forums. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page.

Your comments border on bashing your fellow posters, which is not condoned here.

Posted by survivorscott on 09-10-04 at 11:14 AM
Jay London is by far the worse (in my opinion).

the "in my opinion" is the key phrase to the whole post.

I personaly think Jay is hilarious. it is a type of humor, you don't have to like all humour just like you don't have to like all kinds of music. Just because you don't think someone is funny doesn't make them the worst comic in the world. If that was true,Robin Williams is the worst comic in the world (in my opinion)

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Posted by Loree on 09-10-04 at 01:42 PM
My problem with Jay London is that after you have seen him a few times the same lines (like "thank you" "I'll move over here", etc.) get old and annoying.

He does however say the odd cute joke mixed in with the boring ones. I find when he does his bit I will be sitting there listening and nodding off. Then he will surprise me and say something that makes me chuckle. Jay throws out alot of one-lines and just hopes that some of them will work.

Posted by Bucky Katt on 09-10-04 at 01:49 PM
The thing is, I do like that type of humour - Jay just isn't very good at it. Listen to an hour of Steven Wright and you will realize how inferior Jay is in that "genre" of comedy.

"I have just discovered that this object I found is capable of scratching my back...I call it BACK SCRATCHER!"

Posted by MollyTV on 09-12-04 at 08:48 AM
i can't stand jay london...he is soooo annoying...thank you.
i fast forward through his set because it is just beyond grating to listen..
molly

Posted by AMAZON on 09-12-04 at 04:48 PM
I really dislike Jay London also...I understand his jokes I just don't like the format of his act. This past week, I think he was actually reading his jokes off of a piece of paper! I found that incredibly tacky.

He just keeps doing the same "it's almost over" shtick and it gets annoying. Even more annoying and even a little rude is when he repeats the joke because he thinks the audience didn't understand it.

I just think he is very unclassy compared to some of the other comedians on the show.

Posted by indianajeb on 09-12-04 at 11:16 PM
i agree... i cant stand watching the same tired jokes week after week...how many times can you say, "don't worry maam, its almost over".

now gary and todd on the other hand...those are some damn funny comedians.

Posted by zazzy on 09-13-04 at 04:26 PM
The piece of paper if part of his act.