URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 1517
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Maybe the charts should settle this?"

Posted by Flairmarq on 05-23-05 at 06:12 PM
I was thinking about it, and maybe a fan sample of Idol isn't a true test of what a singer's got to make it to the top of the charts. I know we have to have a final blow off show, but here is my suggestion...

Both Idol finalist put out a single at the same time. In this case, I would be easy, as Bo could release and make it to the rock charts, while Carrie can break into the country charts.

The air play of their hits will carry a hell of a lot more on radio than on tv, and we can finally see who in America likes one or the other the old fasion way--who sells more records.

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Maybe the charts should settle this?"
Posted by niteowl on 05-23-05 at 07:38 PM

The air play of their hits
will carry a hell of
a lot more on radio
than on tv, and we
can finally see who in
America likes one or the
other the old fasion way--who
sells more records.

Yeah! And at the risk of sounding like an "old-timer": remember when you ran out to buy the 45 because you "loved the tune, singer's voice, beat &/or lyrics? We didn't know or care (in many cases) what people looked like, or performed like...as long as we liked the song! Of course, once we saw them on (1)Ed Sullivan (2)American Bandstand or (3) cover of Tiger Beat and we thought they were "cute" then we could picture them singing. But it was all about the music, man....!

"RE: Maybe the charts should settle this?"
Posted by geekboy on 05-23-05 at 08:52 PM
Flairmarq -

I hear your idea, but personally I think it is more fun to first "crown" the AI winner and get the voters choice, and then (to paraphrase Simon from season two) "You both will put out a single at the same time, and your first CD at roughly the same time, and then the true test starts." This is a test of the true fans.

Season one, the voters got it right with Kelly.
Season two, the voters got it wrong, and Clay won in sales
Season three, the voters got it right again
Season four, we will soon see....

geekboy