URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1514
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Cheaters!!!!"

Posted by thefactor on 04-09-07 at 10:30 AM
Can someone please explain to me how Charla & Mirna were able to cheat and get away with it? On the April 8th episode the Detour specifically read, by foot, yet they took a taxi not only to the cookie challenge but when they decide to switch, to the art place… Yes.. Eric and Danielle cheated too. Everyone else walked as they were instructed…

Help!!! I'm confused...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Cheaters!!!!"
Posted by dabo on 04-09-07 at 10:31 AM
They should get a time penalty before starting the next leg, what usually happens with things like this.

Posted by popeave on 04-09-07 at 10:37 AM
Welcome to the boards, thefactor! The thing that really makes this confusing is that sometimes they assess a penalty when the teams arrive at the pit stop, and other times they have assessed the penalty when they leave on the next leg. It's much more noticeable when they get the penalty on arrival.

Posted by Max Headroom on 04-09-07 at 12:25 PM
In this case a penalty wouldn't have affected the overall outcome of the leg since Uchenna and Joyce were so far behind everyone else. But there may be changes to departure times in the next episode-- we'll see.

Posted by Cyndimaus on 04-09-07 at 01:44 PM
I would have liked to see Danny and Oswald move up a spot, though!

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Posted by michel on 04-09-07 at 01:50 PM
I remember once a penalty was simply edited out because it didn't change the outcome. The distance to walk was 1/2 mile so a 30 minute penalty at most would have been given. Since it looked like they were more than 30 minutes ahead of E/D, the editors could've cut it out.

Posted by PagongRatEater on 04-09-07 at 05:18 PM
They should still get the penalty as a 30 minute penalty could make a difference in the next leg and could have moved O/D up a spot.

"It cannot be emphasized too clearly and too often that this nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.” Patrick Henry

"Finishline"
Posted by udg on 04-09-07 at 02:54 PM
I went to the TAR website to see if maybe it was mentioned there in one of the extra videos. The videos won't play for me, but when I got to the website, the online show "The Finishline" was airing, and someone had just called in and was asking about the failure of some teams to walk to the Detour. Uchenna & Joyce didn't know anything about it. That's not necessarily significant, because they were out of the race at that point, but I thought it was interesting that other people did notice.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by punky930 on 04-11-07 at 09:00 PM
i noticed this right away and in fact tivod back to check the clue. it may not have made a difference overall but it would still affect start time and if it was for first place might have affected the prize. i think they should be consistent and assess penalties during the leg when the infraction happens. imo

Posted by maryellennaco on 04-11-07 at 10:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-07 AT 10:45 PM (EST)

I sink zey have ze KOOOKIES to do zis ting! Zsehey cheeet ze Phil! And ze jooodjes, ze don notize!

ETA: Zis is ze European accent!

Posted by coolflowerpowerman on 04-12-07 at 01:44 AM
Charla/Mirna and Eric/Danielle are above the rules... but using the yield is something that only the most heinous, scummy bitches would stoop to... don't you get it?

Posted by zacz on 04-15-07 at 09:01 PM
I'd say that Mirna/Charla probably did get a penalty but it looked like they were more than 1/2 hour infront anyway so they probably just didn't show it. It is apparantly VERY common and I've heard that there is usually at least one penalty given each episode. They only show them however when they effect the outcome.

"AGAIN THIS EPISODE"
Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 04-16-07 at 07:50 AM
Mirna and Shmirna didn't take the right ferry in Hong Kong, and in fact drove right into the island they were meant to take a ferry too. Again, no penalty visable. WTF?

"RE: AGAIN THIS EPISODE"
Posted by dragonflies on 04-16-07 at 08:08 AM
They took the ferry back to Kowloon and then back again to the Island. I would say that was quite a "penalty"

Posted by vince3 on 04-16-07 at 09:32 AM
Yes.

If they had realized that they went straight to the Island and went to the Roadblock, then a lack of penalty would be cause for concern/fixing questions. Because they ended up taking a round trip ferry, and it definitely erased any advantage the accidental direct drive took, any penalty would have been insult to injury.

Cyg's 3 faces of Vince McMahon...

Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 04-16-07 at 04:09 PM
That it didn't work out to their advantage should be irrelovant. Bottom line is, they didn't follow the instructions on the clue. When they got back to the island, they should still have had to go back to the mainland, and find the right ferry that the clue told them to take.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 04-16-07 at 04:20 PM
They did follow the directions. When they took the return trip to the Island on the ferry they did indeed "take the ferry to the Island." The instructions did not say where they had to pick up the ferry, only that they had to arrive on the Island via the ferry, which they did, eventually, after their round trip.

Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 04-17-07 at 04:06 PM
You might be right. I watched it again on Monday, and the clue said to take the "Star Ferry", but I don't think it specified which Star Ferry to take. So, as long as the one they were on was a Star Ferry, I guess it's kosher.

Posted by coolflowerpowerman on 04-16-07 at 07:00 PM
It was their own damn fault... if Mirna used prepositions and formed complete sentences like normal people instead of shrilling "Star Ferry, Hong Kong Island!", they wouldn't have had the ride through the tunnel. Their cabbie did what any other cabbie would do with such directions, and took them to the ferry terminal on Hong Kong Island.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 04-16-07 at 07:04 PM
I totally agree. No other teams had that problem. The mirnglish was OUTTACONTROL this ep!!!! "ve Mak Luv Not War" ICK!!!!!!!!!! I'm starting to miss the Weavers!!!!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by cynnieb on 04-16-07 at 09:29 PM
Ack! NOTHING would ever make me miss the Weavers.

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 04-16-07 at 07:50 PM
LOL!
You hit nail on head, amigo.

Tribephylanthropy!