URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1508
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR #12: Summary Signup Thread."

Posted by Estee on 10-24-07 at 06:28 PM
Okay, this one's going to be tricky. Right now, what we know is that we've got eleven teams -- and according to a report or two, this version of the Race features no non-elimination legs. Assume three last teams running for the finish line, and we should have nine episodes to work with -- except that nothing is guaranteed us, nothing is owed, and no one expects the Superleg inclusion.

So right now, I'm going to call this nine episodes -- but I'm really hoping a Webby will show up and let me know just how wrong I am. Until then, we'll take signups based on nine available slots.

The primary rule: you must have completed a summary for any other reality series before you can do one for TAR. And that means you volunteered, you showed up, you wrote your assigned summary, and you posted it. If you volunteered and ducked out, too bad, so sad, doesn't count.

Whoever gets the first episode is responsible for introducing the teams and should spend some time letting us know just who these DAWs are. (As TAR doesn't hold a Reunion show, whoever gets the last episode has just that: the last episode all the way to the finish line.)

Should any episode except the premiere and finale be a surprise two-hour special, we'll treat it in one of two ways:

If the total airtime count remains the same -- they're just airing two episodes back-to-back -- whoever has that summary slot takes the first half, and whoever's next up gets the second.

If they're boosting by an hour, the summary writer has the option to either take on the whole thing or open the second half to an extra writer. (If we wind up at random draw for summary slots, whoever just missed the pull has the first option.)

Summaries should go up within three days of the episode's airtime. The sooner, the better, and the faster you are, the more openly-posting readers you get. If you're ready within a day, you're golden.

If we get more volunteers than slots (which can happen for this show), the summaries will be assigned by random draw, likely conducted by a BluePeep.

(You also have one extra option here: if you really, really want to, and you can both agree to it before you apply, two writers can do a summary as a team. Work out whether you want to try it -- and who you're trying it with -- prior to signing up. And make sure you really and truly want to do it that way -- it gets complicated fast.)

Application deadline is midnight EST Thursday, November 1st. This is to give whoever gets the premiere a little time to flee the country prepare themselves. Yes, that isn't a lot of signup time, but the show kind of turned up out of nowhere this year.

This should be -- could be -- well, it's a schedule to work against and be proven horribly wrong later, but right now, it's all we've got.

Episodes:

#1: 11/4
#2: 11/11
#3: 11/18
#4: 11/25
#5: 12/2
#6: 12/9
#7: 12/16
#8: 12/23
#9: 12/30

Volunteers?

Someone else can start this for Apprentice. Or we can just let Zipperhead do all of those. You know he wants to.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR #12: Summary Signup Thread."
Posted by zipperhead on 10-25-07 at 09:22 AM

If you keep doing these shout-outs, I'm going to start thinking you're in love with me.

Posted by Scuba Steve on 10-25-07 at 09:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-07 AT 09:50 AM (EST)

I'll attempt it. I have done one for TAR before.

The only one I may not be able to do is the 11/11 one, because I'll be visiting family.

Posted by Snidget on 10-25-07 at 09:48 AM
Something in December, Please.

Posted by michel on 10-25-07 at 11:17 AM
Have you seen the sorry collection of DAWS? I'd like to do one.

Posted by ARnutz on 10-25-07 at 04:13 PM
I would like to do one again. The only date (on that list) that I could possibly do is Nov. 18th because I have a short week of classes due to the Thanksgiving holiday. If it runs past 9 episodes (because of a superleg or recap or something), I could do one at the end of December/beginning of January.

Posted by mysticwolf on 10-25-07 at 08:29 PM
I'd like to do one. Just not the premiere, please.

Posted by Seana on 10-25-07 at 08:41 PM
I'm up for it this time around!

I would prefer a November episode, but would be willing to do any week but December 9th. That weekend's going to be nuts.

Posted by mattben on 10-25-07 at 09:18 PM
I throw my hat in. Need to establish credentials, blah blah blah.

How the Goth girls and the LA Bimbo Blondes compete will be fun to comment on.

Posted by Estee on 10-26-07 at 06:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-07 AT 02:09 PM (EST)

*picks up hat and throws it back out*

Sorry, but you still haven't finished any summary, anywhere -- and that means you remain ineligible for this one.

ETA... at least, that was true at the time.

*recovers hat and adds it to the pile*

With his Kid Nation effort officially on the board, MattBen has just entered the draw pool. It doesn't mean he'll get a summary, but his lottery balls will be dumped into the hopper.

Posted by mattben on 11-03-07 at 02:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-07 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

I cringe at that image. And resist any idea of asking you to kiss them first.

Posted by frisky on 10-25-07 at 11:02 PM
Me one do?

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

Posted by cahaya on 10-26-07 at 05:11 AM
I'll pick up one if we're short of summary writers, so put me at the bottom of the list.

Caged by Snidget

(Well, not the very bottom of the list, which is already taken.)

Posted by vince3 on 10-26-07 at 05:29 AM
Heck with it.

If I have to pull off a Mick Foley to get the summary done if need be, I'll do it. (hopefully I'll get my laptop back soon so I won't have to go through on that thought, but........)

Besides, this should get the lottery envelopes officially in motion (I'm assuming that zip's volunteering and mattben still hasn't fullfilled the requirements yet.....)

Posted by zipperhead on 10-26-07 at 09:03 AM
No, no...I haven't actually volunteered. Just pokin' fun at Estee.

Posted by Breezy on 10-26-07 at 10:02 AM
DD and I would do a summary again.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 10-26-07 at 05:34 PM
I'm in.

You've been warned, so don't complain.

Posted by dajaki on 10-30-07 at 09:51 AM
I would love to write one!

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 11-02-07 at 01:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-07 AT 01:50 AM (EST)

>So right now, I'm going to call this nine episodes -- but
>I'm really hoping a Webby will show up and let me know just
>how wrong I am. Until then, we'll take signups based on
>nine available slots.

I had Chris ask Bertram about this when he interviewed him on Wednesday and according to Bertram, it's 11 episodes and yes, zero non-elims, so my guess is we're probably looking at a superleg and a two-part finale.

>If we get more volunteers than slots (which can happen
>for this show), the summaries will be assigned by random
>draw, likely conducted by a BluePeep.

Here's the draw list:

Scuba Steve
Snidget
michel
ARnutz
mysticwolf
Seana
mattben
frisky
Breezy
Cygnus X1
dajaki

...sorry Vince!

Thanks,
SB

"No-dates schedule."
Posted by Estee on 11-02-07 at 07:59 AM
And now, looking at everyone's can't-do requests, hoping that we mostly wind up on Sundays -- no guarantees: the Survivor finale makes it hard to predict an exact run -- and trying to get this into some kind of order...

Episode #1: Breezy
#2: Michel
#3: Arnutz
#4: Seana
#5: ScubaSteve
#6: Mattben
#7: Snidget
#8: Frisky
#9: Dajaki
#10: Mysticwolf
#11: CygnusX1

"RE: No-dates schedule."
Posted by Cygnus X1 on 11-02-07 at 10:13 AM
Cool! The finale shouldn't be a problem for me.

You've been warned, so don't complain.

"OK for Episode #2 "
Posted by michel on 11-02-07 at 11:56 AM
Looking at my calendar:

Survivor Summary: 11/08 Episode #8
TAR Summary: 11/11 Episode #2

I got a busy week ahead!
Thanks Estee and Webby.

Estee, I hope I don't confuse Phil and Jeff and make them run into each other but, if I do, it's your fault!

Posted by mysticwolf on 11-02-07 at 05:57 PM
January 6 it is. Thanks!

Posted by Scuba Steve on 11-02-07 at 05:58 PM
Episode 5 is fine.

Posted by ARnutz on 11-02-07 at 07:30 PM
Okey dokey.

*scribbles it on the calendar*

Posted by Seana on 11-02-07 at 07:59 PM
November 25th it is!

Agman made it so!

Posted by frisky on 11-02-07 at 11:52 PM
*sets up the claw-sharpening doohickey*

Posted by dajaki on 11-04-07 at 01:47 AM
Sweet! Epi 9 it is!

Posted by vince3 on 11-02-07 at 05:29 PM
...sorry Vince!

S'OK.

I get the feeling that the way my luck's been going lately, I probably won't have my laptop back for at least another month, anyway.........

Besides, I can always pinch-hit if needed, if I get the laptop back soon, that is......... (it's much easier than trying the Mick Foley method, handwriting the whole thing, then typing it in......)

Posted by cahaya on 11-03-07 at 09:55 PM
Count me in for a pinch hit, too, if needed. It looks like a good team of writers up there as it is.

"Update."
Posted by Estee on 12-10-07 at 09:08 AM
As predicted, Survivor is taking all of next Sunday for itself. Since we did no-dates to start with, it's not exactly a crisis -- but at least now we know.

"RE: Update."
Posted by michel on 12-10-07 at 04:01 PM
I'd also expect a break for the holidays. I think Big Brother is scheduled to start in February, right? I'd expect TAR's finale to be the Sunday before BB starts.

Posted by Snidget on 12-10-07 at 05:29 PM
So looks like I do mine after the Survivor Finale Break if I'm reading things right.

And I've been staring at spreadsheets all day so I can't be sure of that.

Posted by frisky on 12-23-07 at 06:11 PM
You're tonight, Snidge, and I'm next week. The original schedule up there is off by a week now b/c of Survivor.

Posted by Snidget on 12-23-07 at 06:28 PM
Warming up the snark, hopefully I can get it done tomorrow, curled up in a blanket being snarky sounds like a good alternative to the mall.

"Can I raise a practical question at this point?"
Posted by Cygnus X1 on 12-27-07 at 11:05 PM
Since we now know there are two NELs (grrr) and we haven't come across yon Superleg, does this let Vince and possibly Cahaya into the fray?

And are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?

"Oops..."
Posted by Estee on 01-09-08 at 05:16 PM
Okay, somehow, some wires got very crossed. This was Dajaki's episode week. And Mysticwolf (who had this coming Sunday) wrote the summary. Unfortunately, Dajaki wrote one too...

So I'm invoking my non-BluePeep powers and saying that Dajaki has the coming Sunday and gets to post that summary as an adjunct to the current one. (Dueling summaries! Only on RTVW!)

"RE: Oops..."
Posted by mysticwolf on 01-09-08 at 11:33 PM
Sorry. I know what it was. I saw the episode orders and put it on my calendar not realizing there would be a week that they skipped an episode. I never updated my calendar after they dropped the episode that week. Carp!

(And here I would have had an easy out had I bothered to ask someone to fill in after my DVR lost the episode.)

Tribe's beauty.

"RE: Oops..."
Posted by Estee on 01-10-08 at 08:18 AM
Talk it over with Dajaki and ask if it's okay to have two weeks of dueling summaries. If so, you both go next week. And if you both go next week, I want to see some rivalry.