URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 1505
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Carl Bilancione -- contestant #9"

Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 08-24-01 at 07:00 PM
Apparently this guy is a dentist from the Orlando/Winter Park area who has competed in marathons. Please add any info you can find.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Carl Bilancione -- contestant #9"
Posted by travelingbetty on 08-24-01 at 07:49 PM
Apparently he has bad knees and uses magnets for them:

<http://www.orlandosentinel.com/shopping/homegarden/orl_shopping_wessel_012500x_consumerline.htmlstory?coll=orl%2Dutility%2Dhomegarden>

This may come into play for endurance challenges such as the one in which Jeff bailed because of his knees.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-24-01 at 07:56 PM
I don't know how bad his knees can be if he can still do all that running!

...they can't be too bad.

Posted by moonbaby on 08-24-01 at 10:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-01 AT 10:17 PM (EST)

I googled him out (along with the rest of the contestant list) last nite under Lisapooh's post. I was right on this one? *faints dead away*

Posted by dabo on 08-26-01 at 01:36 AM
Expect this one to be the Experimentor.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Posted by skierdude10 on 08-26-01 at 09:35 PM
this guy will go far, coming from me that means that he's out EP 1

"Orlando Sentinel article..."
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-30-01 at 12:28 PM

Today's Sentinel article and photo:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/tv/orl-aseccfsurvivor30083001aug30.story?coll=orl%2Dnews%2Dheadlines

"RE: Orlando Sentinel article..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 08-30-01 at 12:36 PM
Great find, Webby... it helps to get a real look at his personality in advance of the show and a real spoiler in knowing what to expect in how he might interact with the tribe (same thing with Jessie Camacho).

He looks like a real 'sweater'... he'll be popular with his tribemates after a few days in the sun without a proper bath and then running in the tribal challenges.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

"RE: Orlando Sentinel article..."
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-30-01 at 12:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-01 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

>Great find, Webby...

The link actually showed up on our live news feed page this morning -- you never know what you are going to find there!

>it helps to
>get a real look at
>his personality in advance of
>the show and a real
>spoiler in knowing what to
>expect in how he might
>interact with the tribe (same
>thing with Jessie Camacho).
>
>He looks like a real 'sweater'...
>he'll be popular with his
>tribemates after a few days
>in the sun without a
>proper bath and then running
>in the tribal challenges.

Ya, I think he definitely seems to be a hard worker type who will probably go far in the game. Though why any real New Yorker would go to New Jersey instead of NYC for Italian food seems a bit strange to me (must be quicker to fly in/out.)

Though, like AK pointed out with Kelly, Carl seems to be yet another player who obviously doesn't seem to be playing for the million (based on his being already being able to cater to whims like hopping to NJ from FL for an Italian meal whenever he gets the craving, attending every Yankee World Series since 1997, flying to London for marathons, etc., he certainly seems to be pretty well off.) It will be interesting to see what answers contestants like these give in response to the "why should you win/what you do with the $$$" questions that always seem to come up during the course of the show

...and I'm not sure that I can root for a Yankee fan, even if they are from Florida.

"Yankee fan?"
Posted by moonbaby on 08-30-01 at 12:55 PM
Go Carl!! WOOOOO!

"RE: Yankee fan?"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-30-01 at 12:58 PM
Stop that moonie

"RE: Yankee fan?"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 08-30-01 at 01:09 PM
Yankee fan? reason enough to root against Carl! I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but to cheer for the Yanks (retching).

That IS a good point, webby... might we see a Rodger-type gracious exit to push for someone less well-to-do on the show? He seems to be of the pleasant sort who would go through a wall for someone he would strike up a close friendship with and then do whatever it takes to ensure that person would do well.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."