URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 150
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SO getting Hurricane Katrina/Rita victims on show"

Posted by BienAimee81 on 10-13-05 at 01:28 PM
Maybe next season or later on in the show, there maybe some hurricane evacuees on the show. Being from New Orleans and knowing the city dynamic of the "haves" and the "have-nots", I know that most of the recently homeless had it bad before Katrina destroyed their homes. Wouldn't it be nice to have them "starting over"?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: SO getting Hurricane Katrina/Rita victims on show"
Posted by Devlynne on 10-13-05 at 06:40 PM
I recently read a write up of a commentary made by former first lady and George W. Bush's mother, Barbara Bush on the public radio program 'Marketplace' related to what you're saying...

Ms. Bush declared that thanks to the government's response to Huricane Katrina, many of the victims are better off than they were before the storm. After touring the Astrodome complex, she said on the program that "so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."

I'm not from the southern gulf area, but I find this kind of attitude to be hugely insensitive and just plain ugly. I believe in the idea that quality of life is not measured by one's monetary wealth, but rather in their ability to love, laugh, and live well. People in that complex have lost everything including loved ones and I don't believe for a minute that that makes them any better off. So many people are being forced to start over because of these disasters and I agree that it would be nice to see some of them on the show.

"RE: SO getting Hurricane Katrina/Rita victims on show"
Posted by BienAimee81 on 10-14-05 at 02:48 PM
I really think that the Hurrican Katrina/Rita situation would make some people see that there are some people in the world that are very strong. Just think, if you live in a tiny house and have limited resources, then it all goes down the drain and you are back to square one....to survive you have to be very strong already. I would like to see someone like this because their strenght will be felt by the other women.