URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID49
Thread Number: 150
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Vote"

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 09-10-03 at 10:48 AM
Put who you're voting for in the subject line and let's see who SB would have Lisa marry.

(c) 2003 GeorgiaBelle Creations,Inc. All rights reserved
Celebrity Mole PTTE Champion

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Hank"
Posted by HappyDayz on 09-10-03 at 10:52 AM
It was obvious during her speech to him that they have fallen in love....you could hear her breathing while she talked, and his voice was cracking when he spoke a little later and asked America to please let him be standing there next week. I'm ready for the wedding!

"Robert"
Posted by managerr on 09-10-03 at 10:59 AM
Of all the boards around, this one seems to be the most anti-Robert. I can't believe we have gotten so soft on 'Blows!

"Hank"
Posted by Sophie on 09-10-03 at 11:21 AM
All you Robert people are just making me mad, I think I'll have to take a break from you for a few days.

"Hank"
Posted by Nicegrl99 on 09-10-03 at 11:21 AM
Although America may screw it up and vote for someone else, it should be Hank. Even EVAN was telling people to vote for Hank. Robert also admitted defeat in a way and they are much better off as friends (if the slimy "Blind Date" alum knows what that word means - and he actually may).

I also think (IMHO) that if America votes for anyone other than Hank, she and Hank will say goodbye to the million and still get married. That was a true connection between them. Even hard harted Laura tears up for them.

"Belief creates the actual fact"
Nicegrl99

"Hank"
Posted by Dpao on 09-10-03 at 11:29 AM
I think it was made clear last night, that Hank is the only one she'll marry and I want to see a Hank/Lisa wedding.

"Hank"
Posted by nailbone on 09-10-03 at 11:51 AM
Voting for Robert is just mean and cruel.

Maybe we need to split this board into a Fanatics and a Bashers board...nah, too much trouble for a one-shot show.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

"RE: Hank"
Posted by gopher1956 on 09-10-03 at 12:13 PM
"Hank"

...so sad it's not Evan...but I believe Hank is still not right for Lisa. Hank is glad to have "won"..but I believe for all of the wrong reasons...

Posted by nailbone on 09-10-03 at 12:38 PM
On the contrary, I think others, like Renda, had the wrong reasons in mind, but Hank is sincere.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Posted by gopher1956 on 09-10-03 at 12:42 PM
....a pretty wife is a great start on the American dream life..not to mention a cool million...Lisa is an accessory

Posted by leogirl_21 on 09-10-03 at 07:37 PM
>"Hank"
>
>...so sad it's not Evan...but I
>believe Hank is still not
>right for Lisa. Hank is
>glad to have "won"..but I
>believe for all of the
>wrong reasons...

gopher, you and I both are the only Evan fans. I do think that America should vote for....*gulp*.....*swallow*....Hank. Yeah, I loved her and Evan together but I mean it is her life and we should respect her choice. I do still believe that Hank feels like he is "winning a competition" and beating out the other guys more than winning Lisa's heart though.

Posted by PIPPIE on 09-11-03 at 10:19 AM
I THOUGHT THERE WAS MORE OF A CONNECTION WITH EVAN TOO,AND THINK THAT HANK IS ARROGANT.DON'T THINK IT'S THE REAL DEAL AND WILL NOT LAST.

"RObert,Robert,Robert...................."
Posted by kcstrip on 09-10-03 at 12:53 PM
I hit redial for the entire 2 hours so I must have voted for Robert at least 500 times myself!

"Hank"
Posted by DebCapsFan on 09-10-03 at 01:24 PM
They are genuinely attracted to each other. I think it's sweet.
I don't understand the vehemence towards Lisa. Why would you vote for someone she clearly doesn't want?
And if you think "oh, that'll show her" well it WON'T, because she's going to pick Hank anyway.

Posted by kcstrip on 09-10-03 at 01:45 PM
I could care less what Lisa thinks. I know she'll pick Hank, but the point is to make a farse out of the entire show and the sutuation, because that's exactly what it is, a farse. I think it will "show her" and others like her that there's no short-cut to fame, riches, or love. And she and Hank won't last a year anyway.

Posted by Swami on 09-10-03 at 03:52 PM
This show began with a very simple premise. It has been made a farce by people so offended and/or threatened by the show's premise that they became anti-show zealots and showered redial votes on the person Lisa least desired, just because they could.

I think Simon had an interview very early in the show's first ep or two where he said words to the effect that 'some men just can't stand a woman to refuse them and have to strike back in some way.' I think that it what we are seeing here, since the Robert voters seems very predomionately male and mad as hell.

I wish the producers had or have a way to eliminate the redial multi-votes so we would have a better idea of what 'people' really do think--not just those who are so irrationally full of anger and so hyped on the importance of their "cause" that they are willing to spend 2 hours in redial mode just to screw up someone else's idea of a harmless & entertaining show.

IceCat is a Genius

Posted by kcstrip on 09-10-03 at 04:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-03 AT 04:26 PM (EST)

This show began with a very mean and evil premise and it has been a farse from the beginning! Simon created and modelled this show on his own cruel and mean-spirited persona. What would it be like to have a guy just ripped to shreds by a bunch of bitchy and catty women on national tv? That was his intention and in fact what he said was his intention when he introduced the show. Harmless entertainment? What's harmless about seeing someone being humiliated and ridiculed? This "harmless entertainment" is going too far, and it's time to stop it. What's next? Live executions?

If anyone has "made" this show a farse, it has been the fool hearty hopeless romantics out there who seem to have made the mistake of thinking this show was really about love. Well, it isn't! How can you truly find love with a person you've only dated a handful of times. Lisa isn't in love and neither is Hank. They're just caught up in the moment. And as soon as the moment is over, as well as their 15 minutes of fame, so will the relationship. It IS a farse. And hopefully the poor ratings and a ridiculous ending will convince the tv execs and producers of that so they won't do it again.

Posted by DoodleBug on 09-10-03 at 04:58 PM
I agree it's an odd way to find true love, but I just happenend to find my true love after one month of dating. And I am happy to say we have been married for 8 years.

If the table was reversed and America WASN'T voting, then this would most certainly be a happy ending.

IMO

Posted by Swami on 09-10-03 at 06:43 PM
>This show began with a very
>mean and evil premise

No, it simply began with a premise. The value judgements are yours.

>What would
>it be like to have
>a guy just ripped to
>shreds by a bunch of
>bitchy and catty women on
>national tv?
>Harmless entertainment? What's
>harmless about seeing someone being
>humiliated and ridiculed?

The men on this show are adults who made their decision to participate based on what seems like a variety of reasons ranging (it would seem) from seeking publicity to having a fun, expense-paid, new experience. They were free to choose. Nobody had a gun to their head. If they were not smart enough to realize that a public Simon Cowell moment or two lay in their future, then they should have, and may make better decisions in the future. For most of these guys the positive experience & exposure seems to outway the negative, IMO.

>This
>"harmless entertainment" is going too
>far, and it's time to
>stop it.

When Robert took such a heavy hit early on, CBS (I thought) made a conscious effort to "rehabilitate" him in a more positive light. They succeeded. I would guess he is quite happy with his newfound national popularity.

> What's next?
> Live executions?

You're kidding, right? Because that's the strangest thing I've heard in a while.

> If anyone has "made" this
>show a farse, it has
>been the fool hearty hopeless
>romantics out there who seem
>to have made the mistake
>of thinking this show was
>really about love. Well,
>it isn't!

Again, this is your opinion. You're entitled to it. I am entitled to mine. I see a show about love. Is it an imperfect show? Oh yeah! But I buy the premise. My opinion.

>How
>can you truly find love
>with a person you've only
>dated a handful of times.

People do, as some have attested on this very Board. I believe these posters and honor their experience.

> Lisa isn't in love
>and neither is Hank.
>They're just caught up in
>the moment. And as soon
>as the moment is over,
>as well as their 15
>minutes of fame, so will
>the relationship.

Agree this is possible, but it is not inevitable.

>It IS
>a farse. And hopefully
>the poor ratings and
>a ridiculous ending will convince
>the tv execs and producers
>of that so they won't
>do it again.

That, or the fact that the show will be hijacked by anti-show zealots. I myself like a variety of programs to choose from, including the odd bit of 'fluff' like Cupid.

--Peace, kcstrip , but I wanted to address your points rather directly. I disagree with all your opinions!

IceCat is a Genius

Posted by kcstrip on 09-10-03 at 10:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-03 AT 10:42 PM (EST)

>No, it simply began with a
>premise. The value judgements are
>yours.

As well as any decent human being with any type of values or common sense. Simon himself wanted the show to be mean spirited. Any fool can see that.

>The men on this show are
>adults who made their decision
>to participate based on what
>seems like a variety of
>reasons ranging (it would seem)
>from seeking publicity to having
>a fun, expense-paid, new experience.
> They were free to
>choose. Nobody had a
>gun to their head.
>If they were not smart
>enough to realize that a
>public Simon Cowell moment or
>two lay in their future,
>then they should have, and
>may make better decisions in
>the future.

Exactly! So why show such sympathy for Lisa? She is a grown woman as well, and NOONE put a gun to her to have her come on this show and have America choose her mate.
>
>
>When Robert took such a heavy
>hit early on, CBS (I
>thought) made a conscious effort
>to "rehabilitate" him in a
>more positive light. They
>succeeded. I would guess
>he is quite happy with
>his newfound national popularity.

I'm sure he is. But remember that popularity was due to people like myself, not the so called fans of the show who have called for his demise from the beginning.

>> What's next?
>> Live executions?
>
>You're kidding, right? Because that's
>the strangest thing I've heard
>in a while.

No, I'm not kidding. These shows are becoming more and more outlandish and mean spirited. Where in fact does it end?

>Again, this is your opinion.
>You're entitled to it.
>I am entitled to mine.
> I see a show
>about love. Is it
>an imperfect show? Oh
>yeah! But I buy
>the premise. My opinion.

The premise IS rudeness. This is not an opinion it's a fact. Simon Cowell created this show, and he knows what people expect from him. The love "bit" is an after thought. They needed a vehicle to promote Simon's brand of rudeness and this seemed to be the most appealing, no doubt because they probably guessed thered be plenty of saps out there like yourself who would buy it. That's it! There's no opinion involved in what I'm saying, just pure common sense. If you really believe that TV execs and producers actually care about love I've got some land I'd like sell you!

>>
>>How
>>can you truly find love
>>with a person you've only
>>dated a handful of times.
>
>People do, as some have attested
>on this very Board.
>I believe these posters and
>honor their experience.

People THINK they do. Love evolves over time. There is only infatuation in the beginning. Some, very few, people are lucky enough to have that infatuation evolve into love, but most realize it for it what it is and part ways. And I seriously doubt if there any exception here.

>> Lisa isn't in love
>>and neither is Hank.
>>They're just caught up in
>>the moment. And as soon
>>as the moment is over,
>>as well as their 15
>>minutes of fame, so will
>>the relationship.
>
>Agree this is possible, but it
>is not inevitable.

It's inevevitable alright. It's so funny how people call Robert dellusional for thinking he has a chance with Lisa, but that these same people really think Lisa will live "happily ever after" and actually find true love in this three ring circus.

>>It IS
>>a farse. And hopefully
>>the poor ratings and
>>a ridiculous ending will convince
>>the tv execs and producers
>>of that so they won't
>>do it again.
>
>That, or the fact that the
>show will be hijacked by
>anti-show zealots. I myself
>like a variety of programs
>to choose from, including the
>odd bit of 'fluff' like
>Cupid.

I like an odd bit of fluff too. When it's actually good! This is crap and it's time to end the crap. You know, I want to echoe the sentiments of another poster. This board was originally created to point out what crap these show actually are. This board has gone extremely soft. It's time to take it back to it's roots. You may not like it, but us haters are here to stay!

Posted by Swami on 09-11-03 at 03:08 PM
Oops--I missed responding to this yesterday, kc.

>> What's next?
>> Live executions?
>
>You're kidding, right? Because that's
>the strangest thing I've heard
>in a while.

>>No, I'm not kidding. These shows are becoming more and more outlandish and mean spirited. Where in fact does it end?<<

LOL--I hope it stops short of executions! I think the moral & legal reasons for that are pretty obvious! (Although some state was asked to televise an execution last year (?) and refused.)

>>How
>>can you truly find love
>>with a person you've only
>>dated a handful of times.
>
>People do, as some have attested
>on this very Board.
>I believe these posters and
>honor their experience.

>>People THINK they do. Love evolves over time. There is only infatuation in the beginning. Some, very few, people are lucky enough to have that infatuation evolve into love, but most realize it for it what it is and part ways. And I seriously doubt if there any exception here.<<

This is just an opinion. You hold it very dear, but it is just an opinion.

>>This board was originally created to point out what crap these show actually are. This board has gone extremely soft. It's time to take it back to it's roots. You may not like it, but us haters are here to stay!<<

This Cupid forum was created to talk about the show, and express your views whatever they may be. A Basher board is created specifically to point out crap & otherwise bash a show. I love the various Basher boards; in fact my summaries of Cupid have been more basher than fanatic. Still, this is not a 'Basher' board per se.

A couple of years ago (I think) there was a huge debate on the Survivor Spoilers Board over, basically, "sticking it to Mark Burnett." Many people, kind of led by Shakes the Clown, felt it was their sacred duty and the main purpose of the board to belittle and otherwise attack Mark Burnett. A bunch of other folks just liked to figure out what might happen next as a game, without a bunch of personal vindictiveness. If someone can post a link to that discussion, you would find it interesting. (I suck at searches like that. AyaK?)

This board has not "gone soft". It is just trying to be a big tent where the lovers & haters can all express themselves. It's called a diversity of opinion. I think it makes life interesting. And we are all here to stay.

IceCat is a Genius

Posted by Joyful on 09-10-03 at 06:51 PM
Harmless entertainment? What's
>harmless about seeing someone being
>humiliated and ridiculed? This
>"harmless entertainment" is going too
>far, and it's time to
>stop it. What's next?
> Live executions?

That's what I don't get about you Robert voters! If you are so concerned about people being humiliated then why put Robert in the position of being humiliated again and again. The ulitmate humiliation will come IF Robert wins and he proposes on live TV only to have Lisa turn him down! Robert is about as bright as a dim bulb, he doesn't see that Lisa is not attracted to him, and feels that since he's not been in the bottom three he's somehow on the verge of "vinning Lisa's haught". If you are so concerned about saving someone from humiliation, why are you hell bent on only causing more?
Finally, live executions??? puh-lezze! Could you possibly be anymore of a drama queen?

Posted by kcstrip on 09-10-03 at 10:55 PM
>That's what I don't get about
>you Robert voters! If
>you are so concerned about
>people being humiliated then why
>put Robert in the position
>of being humiliated again and
>again. The ulitmate humiliation
>will come IF Robert wins
>and he proposes on live
>TV only to have Lisa
>turn him down! Robert
>is about as bright as
>a dim bulb, he doesn't
>see that Lisa is not
>attracted to him, and feels
>that since he's not been
>in the bottom three he's
>somehow on the verge of
>"vinning Lisa's haught". If
>you are so concerned about
>saving someone from humiliation, why
>are you hell bent on
>only causing more?
>Finally, live executions??? puh-lezze! Could
>you possibly be anymore of
>a drama queen?

First of all, I never said I really cared about sparing anyone from being humiliated on this show. I could give a rat's ass about anyone who places themselves in this position. But I do argue with anyone who says that this is "harmless fun". The show is mean spirited by nature and was intended to be so. But I think we've done Robert a tremendous favor by voting for him. As Swami pointed out, he's probably really enjoying his new found popularity. And if he wins, I'm sure he will be very greatful that people voted for him. He's not completely clueless, he's already conceded defeat to Hank.

And please explain to me what makes me any more of a drama queen than you guys who really love this show? If Robert doesn't win, I won't care. Hank and Lisa can ride off into the sunset and live in their little vinyard for all I care. I just think it will be fun to shock everyone. YOU guys will be the ones crying in your coffee the next day if the outcome doesn't go your way!

Posted by Joyful on 09-11-03 at 00:27 AM
>And please explain to me what
>makes me any more of
>a drama queen than you
>guys who really love this
>show? If Robert doesn't
>win, I won't care.
>Hank and Lisa can ride
>off into the sunset and
>live in their little vinyard
>for all I care. I
>just think it will be
>fun to shock everyone. YOU
>guys will be the ones
>crying in your coffee the
>next day if the outcome
>doesn't go your way!

It was the whole "what's next live executions" thing that makes me label you a drama queen. Some of us might be upset by the outcome, but nobodys calling for the winner(or loser) to take a seat in the electric chair!

Posted by Swami on 09-11-03 at 09:37 AM
>I do argue with anyone who
>says that this is "harmless
>fun". The show is
>mean spirited by nature and
>was intended to be so.

Survivor candidates know they will be starved & have to sleep on the bare ground. Fear Factor folks know they have to eat buffalo balls. Same thing here--these guys knew they were going to be critiqued by Lisa's 'friends' and dumped live on national TV. These are personal rather than physical challenges, but the overall concept of face a difficult challenge to win still applies. They signed up knowing the nature of the challenges.

>If Robert doesn't
>win, I won't care.

LOL, two hours of straight Robert voting fooled me! But I know what you mean because...

>YOU
>guys will be the ones
>crying in your coffee the
>next day if the outcome
>doesn't go your way!

Nah--I'll just wait for Schnookie's summary and laugh my head off over a cup of morning coffee!

IceCat is a Genius

Posted by smiley on 09-11-03 at 10:52 AM
I*HEART*SWAMI

Posted by kcstrip on 09-11-03 at 03:57 PM
>Survivor candidates know they will be
>starved & have to sleep
>on the bare ground.
>Fear Factor folks know they
>have to eat buffalo balls.
> Same thing here--these guys
>knew they were going to
>be critiqued by Lisa's 'friends'
>and dumped live on national
>TV. These are personal
>rather than physical challenges, but
>the overall concept of face
>a difficult challenge to win

>still applies. They signed
>up knowing the nature of
>the challenges.

Again you get no arguement here. But that doesn't change the fact that the concept of the show is mean in spirit. The guys know what they're getting into, but does anyone really expect that THEY will be the ones being thrown under the bus? And how do we know exactly what these guys were told anyway? They might have been mislead or misunderstood the premise. And in Robert's case, I'm think that may be highly likely. But again, Lisa also knew the risks, and she decided to have her mate chosen in this manner. Why is it any worse for her if things don't go her way?

>>If Robert doesn't
>>win, I won't care.

>LOL, two hours of straight Robert
>voting fooled me!

Well, if you were "fooled" into believing Cupid is really about love then that doesn't surprise me. Yeah, I tried my damndest to see that Robert wins because I think it will be hilarious. But I won't be upset if he doesn't. I'm just having some fun with this whole thing.

"Thanks, kc"
Posted by Swami on 09-11-03 at 04:05 PM
I think you're terrific and I've had fun talking with you. Shall we just agree to disagree?

IceCat is a Genius

"RE: Thanks, kc"
Posted by kcstrip on 09-11-03 at 04:35 PM
>I think you're terrific and I've
>had fun talking with you.
> Shall we just agree
>to disagree?

No problem. No hard feelings. You must admit I (and Robert) have made this thing a little more interesting .

Posted by redefine_perfection13 on 09-11-03 at 07:49 AM
There is NOTHING wrong with being a fool hardy romantic!

Posted by Vexed on 09-13-03 at 06:42 PM
FARCE FARCE FARCE FARCE FARCE

Good god, get a dictionary, even if you are insanely angry over something that has no true value in this world!

Posted by Cupidcruiser on 09-13-03 at 06:54 PM
I'll be sure Lisa and Hankbert include a decent dictionary in their gift registry, since their marriage will indeed be a farce, no matter how you spell it :O)

"Hank "
Posted by Bunny123 on 09-10-03 at 01:43 PM
America should give her what she wants. If she wants to be with Hank then let her be. I can't want to see the wedding.

"Duh!"
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-10-03 at 02:16 PM
You have to even ask that question.

Yesterday's episode killed any suspense that the show had going for it. It will also make me careless about the next cupid unless Robert takes over for Lisa's role.

I mean how would any guys other than, you know who, even purpose to her if america picked them? The show is dead and now very boring.

"NUTS !"
Posted by gopher1956 on 09-10-03 at 02:24 PM
I so agree Wacko...why did Lisa have to go and blow the last little bit of suspense ? It would have been so much more fun to have given us a little hope that she'd wise up and reconsider sweet Evan !!

"RE: NUTS !"
Posted by managerr on 09-10-03 at 02:39 PM
It was obviously staged. Robert is getting so many votes, that the only way for Lisa to get what she wants is by making her choice out in the open and hoping to draw the Evan/Dominick fans over to Hank. If the three of them split their votes, Robert wins.

"its going to be hank"
Posted by smiley on 09-10-03 at 02:29 PM
I think that regardless of what the polls show its going to be hank. There is no other way this show will end on a happy note which I am sure the producers want...no matter what

"Nobody"
Posted by Cupidcruiser on 09-10-03 at 02:41 PM
I am so disappointed in this show. Let America choose a husband for Lisa? Not--let Lisa pick a guy and then beg America to vote for him. I hope Robert gets America's vote and then Lisa is forced to either accept him for the $ or reject for the possibility of Hank. And then we'll see if Hank is in love with Lisa or with the $$.

I just think the whole begging America to vote for HER favorite is totally at cross purposes with the intent of the show--for AMERICA to choose. Apparently she really doesn't want America to choose....

"RE: Nobody"
Posted by Majic Mitch on 09-10-03 at 02:57 PM
Not only that, but the whole show is rigged. We already know Hank is going to win regardless of the votes.

I've said this over and over. The producers are going to milk this for all it's worth. A Wedding, then a reunion, then maybe finding Laura a man, milk, milk, milk. I'll be VERY surprised if anyone other than Hank wins. Not because America, chooses him, and not because of votes. We can see that America LOVES Robert. Weddings get ratings, the winner was picked along time ago.

Posted by djk on 09-10-03 at 06:07 PM
America loves Robert and Hank. If Hank wins I think that he won because of votes. There are enough Hank supporters out there to make him the winner.

Posted by Majic Mitch on 09-11-03 at 09:20 AM
Well now, we will never know, because shows like this NEVER reveal the number of votes. I'd assure you that Robert blows Hank votes out of the water. They already know the winner. The wedding is already set. Voting doesn't matter. It never does. I'm not even going to watch the last show, it is soooooo rigged...

Posted by bubbastan on 09-11-03 at 02:24 AM
America loves Hank. A small percentage may even love Robert, but the anti-show faction is what is obviously keeping Robert from hitting the bottom three.

Posted by Majic Mitch on 09-11-03 at 09:22 AM
How do you know America loves Hank? They've never shown the number of votes any contestant receives. Just because you love Hank, doesn't mean EVERYONE else in America does. Gimme a break.

Posted by PIPPIE on 09-12-03 at 06:26 AM
ALL OF AMERICA DOES NOT LOVE HANK. SPEAK FOR YOURSELF.

Posted by bubbastan on 09-12-03 at 09:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-03 AT 09:32 PM (EST)

Hey Pippie, no need to shout, as that's what you're doing with the all caps bit. I am in fact, speaking for myself, but in doing so am referencing the facts as presented in the last show. They announced on the last show that the only two individuals who have never been in the bottom three are Hank and Robert. Since Hank is Lisa's choice, it's obvious that folks are not voting for him to lampoon Lisa, the show's premise, or the show's producers. This probably means that a great many of the people who are voting for Hank are doing so because they like him. Ergo, America loves Hank. I don't think that the same can be said of the Robert vote. Lisa can barely stand to spend time with Robert, and he is obviously not her choice. Most of the pro-Robert posts in this forum have presented their reason for voting for Robert as being a way to mess with the show, or the show's producers, or Lisa or her pals. Very few of the posts advocating a Robert vote do so because of any qualities on Robert's part. This supports the assessment that America does not wholly love Robert, and that at least a portion of these Robert votes are being done for the reason of picking the worst match. So, that's my opinion, which of course you and Mitch, and anyone else is free to disagree with.

Posted by PIPPIE on 09-13-03 at 10:52 AM
I DISAGREE.

Posted by HappyDayz on 09-13-03 at 10:58 AM
Eloquently stated bubbastan! This is exactly how I see it also.

"RE: America Loves Robert"
Posted by Nicegrl99 on 09-11-03 at 04:26 PM
America LOVES Robert? Can you point to evidence? (and him not ever being in the bottom three doesn't count as we have learned)
America may feel SORRY for him, but Love him?

If America is stupid enough to love slimy and creepy Robert, I am finally making my move to Canada. ;)

"Belief creates the actual fact"
Nicegrl99

"I agree...but if I WAS assured my voted counted..."
Posted by beachgal on 09-13-03 at 04:58 PM
I've never voted knowing that it's all rigged. It's not like an official election. If I WAS assured that my vote counted I'd vote for Robert for the novel idea that my vote would help add entertainment. It has nothing to do with believing he is right for Lisa. And I know Lisa would never marry him.

My wish for Lisa is that Robert wins to give the show media attention, for her to date Hank for several months until they are both ready and sure. If they decide to get married, the buzz will have died down and they could have a somewhat normal decent wedding.

"Dominic"
Posted by bettym on 09-10-03 at 04:46 PM
She may be in love with Hank, but the audience should put in some suspense and make her choose between Hank or the money. Let
them give up the money and live on their vineyard, but don't give them everything. Anyway, Dominic may be young, but women outlive men anyway so let her marry someone younger. They can mature together. How mature can she be anyway? Did anyone see the article in Globe this week that reported she was engaged and cheated on her fiancee?

I say Dominic or anyone but Hank!

"Hank!!"
Posted by wendyv on 09-10-03 at 05:48 PM
Can't wait until the Hank and Lisa wedding next week!

"RE: Hank!!"
Posted by PIPPIE on 09-13-03 at 11:03 AM
THAT'S JUST SADISTIC.

Posted by sassyblonde241 on 09-10-03 at 10:24 PM
She wants Hank.

Posted by TheDigable on 09-10-03 at 10:44 PM
she can have hank...without the moolah.

"Hank, of course"
Posted by bubbastan on 09-11-03 at 02:28 AM
I'm voting for the happy ending, and maybe on this show we'll actually get to see one, unlike the endings of most of the Survivor and TAR installments. He's been my pick from the very beginning, and he and Lisa are a good match, with or without the million dollars.

"Hank"
Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 09-11-03 at 08:24 AM
Of course

That was just too cute seeing Lisa getting up to tell Hank she chooses him.

"Hank"
Posted by djk on 09-11-03 at 12:53 PM
Several times! I would have liked to vote for Evan, but I would feel bad if he won. He would have to win knowing that Lisa liked Hank more than him. That would be a tough situation to be in!