URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID47
Thread Number: 150
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The totally-not-surprising return of Linda"

Posted by StarryLuna on 11-17-03 at 10:31 PM
I feel bad for Petra. She's the one who cheered David up after Linda left and she's the one who gets booted because Linda came back. Linda annoyed me tonight when she was all upset that David had been kissing the other girls. Did she expect him to go into a convent or something once she left. Of course, I keep telling myself that this is bad show and I should feel bad for these women because he's totally playing them.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The totally-not-surprising return of Linda"
Posted by Chrissy gal on 11-17-03 at 10:48 PM
Oh Starry!!! I forgot that the show had already been shown on the East Coast and I clicked on this forum only to be greeted by an unmarked SPOILER!!!

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Posted by Tiger Lily on 11-17-03 at 11:14 PM
Linda also annoyed me. I also thought she was sort of screwing herself all over again by letting Cat get to her and then taking it out on David (not letting him kiss her, etc).

I think this will be interesting, since Linda is so easily manipulated, and Cat is obviously a very good manipulator.

Hopes that Cat wins, and then leaves his ass when she finds out about the $$$.

Posted by Chrissy gal on 11-18-03 at 02:33 AM
I think Linda is just as manipulative as Cat. Linda is trying to manipulate Dave by making him feel bad about getting close to Cat, and Cat is trying to manipulate Linda into leaving again. Dave must be attracted to manipulative women!!

I like Cat better than Linda, but I hope he picks Linda and then she walks out when she finds out he was lying the whole time.

The thing that amazed (there's that word!) me was how Linda figured that the cowboy couldn't find any of the other women as interesting or attractive as her. She seemed shocked that he hadn't locked himself in his room after she left. She seemed to think that time stood still for their special relationship.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Posted by bell83 on 11-22-03 at 04:05 PM
"Sometime I just too weak"
they deserve each other!! if she was really that interested in him she would not have left in the first place. they both act like they're 12 years old and have never had a real relationship before!!! she leaves because the other girls are talking about her and he whines about her leaving!!

Posted by CyberCooties on 11-22-03 at 04:33 PM
"If she was really that interested in him she would not have left in the first place"

Not necessarily. She was met with this huge wave of competition and cattiness. OldLinda was in charge of being vicious, they saw Linda as a threat, and started in with the mind games. It's extremely difficult to overcome a situation like that without experience. It's like getting thrown into the Lyon's Den, and OldLinda drenched Linda in pig's blood just before throwing her in. Why would they set naive David up with women like that? Isn't there a kinder/gentler way?

Ew! CyberCooties!

Posted by Tiger Lily on 11-22-03 at 04:51 PM
Why would they set naive David up with women like that? Isn't there a kinder/gentler way?

Sure, but you think FOX is looking for "kind and gentle"? No frggin way. People like Olinda bring them ratings.

The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.

"Ratings....."
Posted by CyberCooties on 11-23-03 at 03:19 AM
11/14 RTVW Ratings News: "The "two-pack" of JoeM2 episodes placed fifth in the ratings among the six major networks for the night. The combined episodes only managed to record a 4.4 rating / 6 share, which means that just 6% of the people with their TVs turned on were watching Fox's pre-Thanksgiving turkey. For the night, Fox finished behind CBS, ABC, NBC and The WB, beating out only UPN's comedy block.

By contrast to JoeM2's dismal ratings, NBC's two reality offerings fared much better. Fear Factor recorded an 8.1/12 from 8-9 PM and won the night among adults 18-49. And even Average Joe managed an average 7.3/ 11.

The dismal failure of his show, coupled with the disastrous ratings for Temptation Island 3 over the summer leads us to wonder if we aren't witnessing the end of Rocket Science Laboratories, which produced both shows. Too bad it didn't take our advice and not go to the well one last time."

-----------------------------

Considering the US population is currently 292,660,494 as of 11/23 that's only 2.5% of the gross population actually tuning in to boost Fox's ratings and even OldLinda can't increase that. I know that 2.5% translates into millions of viewers, but ratings aren't everything. It simply means that they are 'checking up' on what they do and not necessarily agreeing with what they do.

The negative press also sends a strong message to any of the advertisers on that network. With the advertisers placing themselves in the company of Foxes, it tell us that they don't necessarily care how their products are used.

For instance: If JM attracted the Skittles advertiser, it's like stealing candy from a baby after the Fox news van drives away with your child inside.

Anyone who disagrees with that usually either works for Fox or is related to someone working for Fox.

Ew! CyberCooties!