URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 150
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bryant Gumbles Interview - The Lost Tape"

Posted by Zaria on 08-25-00 at 06:58 PM
Transcript from videotape of Bryant Gumbel interviewing Rich and Sue:

Bryant: Are you ready for another adventure, Sue?

Sue: Well, ya know those guys who wrestle gators, ya know like alligators and stuff, well I wanna do that 'cept I think those guys are wimps - I wanna go to An'artica and wrestle with those walruses there.

Bryant: Walruses?

Sue: Yeah, they're thick and rubbery and hard to get a hold of but I'm used to that now cause I been dealin' with Rich.

Bryant: Are there actually walruses in Antartica?

Sue: Where else would they be? - Duh-uh!

Rich: Well, actually, the world's walrus population ...

Bryant: (interrupts) Walrus wrestling sounds lucrative but what are you going to do to give back to the community?

Sue: Well I dunno that the community's done so much for me.

Bryant: True enough.

Sue: I am gonna do somethin' though - I been asked to do a thing for Toastmasters.

Rich: What Suzie-Q means is that she's been asked by a representative of Toastmasters to give a speech...

Bryant: Let's move on to something interesting. Rich, what's the first thing you are going to do with all that money?

Rich: Wow, that's a super, super question. Really a great question. Wow, I'm really not sure. No, that's not true. At 7:13 tonight I leave for the Australian outback. Saturday afternoon at 3:23 pm I'll bribe a Survivor 2 production assistant with a Pontiac Aztec and sneak into the camp. At dusk I'll push Jeff Probst off that big cliff and then host Tribal Council. Sunday morning at 11:04 I'll make brunch for the Reward Challenge winner.

Bryant: How are you going to accomplish all this without getting arrested or killed?

Rich: I'm just a terrific, terrific person, Bry.

Bryant: My name is Mister Gumbel.

Rich: Oh, don't be like that, Bry.

Sue: (laughs) Yeah, GUM-BALLS! (laughs)

Bryant: That's it! I'm not taking any more of this crap! (Stomps out. Door hits him on the way out.)

Rich: (singing) 'Good night sweetheart,
now it's time to go,
I was born to host
The Early Show'

Sue: (picks up a mysterious parchment) Wait, he left some kind of paper. It's got writing on it. It's some kind of written stuff.

Rich: (reads the top parchment) "Rich, how's your relationship with Rudy now that you're off the island?" (stops reading) Wow. That's a really great question I just asked myself. Rudy's the best. In fact he's insisting on teaching me to sky-dive next month. Him, me, nothing but a plane, a parachute, and the beautiful South China Sea. Did you know he's a pilot...

Sue: Rich, I think the show's over - everybody's gone.

Rich: Finally! That's exactly how I planned it! Now since I closed the show no one will be surprised next week when I take over from Bryant. I'll let you co-host. It will work. Trust me. You think I'm crazy but just wait and see! Mwa -ha - ha -ha (maniacal laughter)

(Rich turns into a bat and flies away. Sue's jaw drops. Poof! The lights all go out.)

Sue: Anybody out there? What's that smell? Suntan oil and fresh blood? Kel, is that you? What's that flapping sound? Some kinda bird? Some kinda circlin' birds...

(The tape runs out)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bryant Gumbles Interview - The Lost Tape"
Posted by Honeyplz on 08-25-00 at 07:07 PM
ROFLMAO Zaria ... good stuff

Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 08-25-00 at 07:44 PM
Great! I shouldn't read this stuff at work, because everyone keeps looking into my office when I break up laughing....

Posted by Dalton on 08-25-00 at 11:34 PM
That is sooo truly funny because that is exactly what I wanted to SEE happen on tv during an interview with these three...but, alas, all we got was "we are all good friends now" BS.

And they dare to call this stuff "reality" television. Blah!

Posted by poisoned spear on 08-26-00 at 04:04 AM
That was ridiculously funny. How about Rudy talking about driving a stake through Richard's heart, "but not in a homosexual way, that's for sure."

Posted by Hubcaps on 08-29-00 at 08:58 AM
That was soooo funny! You got their speech patterns down so good, I could really really hear their voices!

"Super Super question!"
"Some kinda written sumthin"

LMAO!

Posted by Zaria on 08-29-00 at 02:57 PM
'Twas my first post so I really appreciate the feedback. As for the voices, writing them down was the only way to get them out of my head!

Posted by swimfin on 08-29-00 at 05:08 PM
Sounds pretty much like Gumbles actual interview.

Nice work. Loved it.

Posted by George Tirebiter on 08-30-00 at 12:55 PM
Verrrry funny--but you left out that part where Bryant gets pointers from Dicque on "how to win friends and influence people!"