URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID111
Thread Number: 15
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"better then On The Lot"

Posted by smajwill on 07-01-07 at 04:18 PM
I was so disappointed by OTL I stopped watching for a while. Then I gave it another chance and guess what... It's still bad and confused. I'm wating for America's Next Producer to start up. It looks like it will be what I was hoping OTL would be only for TV instead of film. I found their season preview video on youtube -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzBSgQog1oA

looks pretty good.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: better then On The Lot"
Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 07-02-07 at 06:04 PM
Welcome to the boards smajwill

I don't know if this show looks better than On The Lot, but it could be interesting. It looks like it focuses more on the contestants living/working together than on their talent - at least in that clip. That worries me.

Is this going to be on a regular network, or a specialty channel?

Posted by mistyrose52 on 07-30-07 at 12:35 PM
Seems to focus a lot of the personalities of the producers (all VERY egotistical!!) and not so much on whatever talent they might have.

To me, it's a toss-up. I'm quickly losing interest in both!

Posted by Sunny_Bunny on 07-30-07 at 02:01 PM
I haven't really watched this show, but the premise worries me. Producers are basically bean counters, cheerleaders, and behind the scene movers and shakers with very little input into the actual "artistic" side of movies. (Unless of course, they are like Costner and Gibson, who do produce/direct)

What exactly do they have the contestants doing during the show?

Posted by cahaya on 07-30-07 at 03:12 PM
Plus point one: No negligee-dress vamp hooker as the hostess.
Plus point two: No Ford commercial sponsorship.
Plus point three: No public broadcast network prime-time ratings worries.

Minus point one: It's on the TV Guide network, and I don't subscribe to cable TV.

On the Lot probably belongs on the cable/sat networks anyway. I just can't see it succeeding with ratings in prime-time public broadcast networks with the niche audience it attracts.

A Sharnina Production

Posted by Agman2 on 03-05-15 at 07:14 PM
I've been trying to stay off the lot the last 7 years!