URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1495
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Official TAR All Stars Episode 5 summary "Hey Dude? Where's the Jokes?""

Posted by Breezy on 03-21-07 at 06:18 PM
Hello all and here we are again. When I say we, I mean myself and DD. Here to summarize another episode of TAR. *yawn* Man was this episode a bore. Then add the fact that my VCR didn’t tape right …. So I apologize now for the short and sweet version of Episode 5, Hey Dude? Where’s the Jokes?

Our racers start out in Antarctica near the end of the worldddddddd </echo> Everyone is still talking!!!! Romber is gone! Oh the humanity! Now the competition is down to….. ummmmm it’s down to….. Terian and their paper underwear. *groan*

Everyone is off to the Marshal Mountain Glacier where they will use transponder beepers to find other transponder bleekers. (checks notes, hmmmm I need to work on my handwriting) Beacon! Yep it says beacon… ok some beepy things are going to help them play hot/cold and find some transponder thingy. Oh but guess what?!?!? The park doesn’t open until 8 a.m. Shocker! We have a bunching point.

Everyone races up the glacier to turn on their beacons (yes that could be code for something) and they start to play hot/cold with their partners. *waggles eyebrows* (ok that part was definitely code) The Guido’s (who have been partners for a long time) work well together and find the beacon first and off they go to book a flight to Maputo Mozambique. Most of the other teams also finish quickly, except for the BQ’s and Team ChaCha. The BQ’s don’t read their clue and go racing up the glacier without getting their beepy thing first. Team ChaCha aren’t used to the snow (being from Miami and all) and only seem to be able to find the cold section. Oh look! Drama occurring, Danny and Oz are quarreling that can only mean one thing…. Time for a commercial break.

Well? Any comments so far?
No. *yawn* It’s boring tonight. I miss Romber.

And we’re back and Danny and Oz used the commercial break to find the beacon and now all the teams are bunched again… at the airport waiting for the 9:40 plane to Maputo. (disclaimer, not sure if they were leaving at 9:40 or arriving. Again VCR took a crap.) The Guido’s use the down time to freshen up a little. They find a perfume shop and proceed to squirt all different scents on themselves.

In Maputo the next clue tells the racers to go to Apopo mine field and use rats to find dead mines. Did anyone know they used rats for this? Once their rat finds the land mine they will receive the next clue. Oh did I mention? Roadblock! So yes only one team member will be performing this task.

Again, it’s pretty much a bunch point. All the teams are there together searching. The Guido’s finish first and *gag* the Cousins are having trouble with their rat. Hmmmm In order to know where to dig for the mine, you have to be able to see if the rat is scratching at the ground. Note the peeps are NOT right on top of the rat, don’t you think that someone with a little more height would have been a better choice for this task? Oh no… here’s drama again. Must be, yes it is… time for more commercials.

Ok, how about now? Any comments on this oh so exciting episode?
The rat names are funny. I wanted to know all of them, though.

The racers have to have their driver now drive them back into Maputo and find the next clue. Detour! The choice this week? Porter or Pamper. In Porter teams must fill 10 bags with coal and then deliver just one to an address. (Why just one?) In Pamper, teams must go into a market place and earn 30 madiguys (*snort* man do my notes bite) Now, unknown to the racers… the Pamper task is way easy. So easy? That the *gag* Cousins choose it and jump from last to first in a nanosecond. The BQ’s and Terian also do Pamper and vault ahead of all the other suckers that chose Porter. And finally! Something fun and interesting happens… watching Danny & Oz chase Phil around the Pitstop was classic. *giggle* I love team ChaCha.

Uchenna & Royce were the last team to arrive and *dramatic pause* are told that it’s non-elimination and that they must come in first next week or they will be charged with a 30 minute penalty. Oh the drama!!!! Somebody hold me… and we have commercials.

Yeesh, did anything even happen in this episode. That was THE most boring episode ever.
I stayed up for that?
You should have gone to bed at your normal time. Any final comments?
Good night, Mom! *smooch*

Table of contents
  • RE: Official TAR All Stars Episode 5 summary "Hey Dude? Where's the Jokes?",Cygnus X1, 09:29 PM, 03-21-07
  • RE: Official TAR All Stars Episode 5 summary "Hey Dude? Where's the Jokes?",CTgirl, 06:47 AM, 03-22-07
  • RE: Official TAR All Stars Episode 5 summary "Hey Dude? Where's the Jokes?",brvnkrz, 08:20 AM, 03-22-07
  • RE: Official TAR All Stars Episode 5 summary "Hey Dude? Where's the Jokes?",Max Headroom, 08:41 AM, 03-22-07
  • RE: Official TAR All Stars Episode 5 summary "Hey Dude? Where's the Jokes?",samboohoo, 10:25 AM, 03-22-07
  • RE: Official TAR All Stars Episode 5 summary "Hey Dude? Where's the Jokes?",zipperhead, 12:36 PM, 03-22-07
  • RE: Official TAR All Stars Episode 5 summary "Hey Dude? Where's the Jokes?",jbug, 03:43 PM, 03-22-07
  • RE: Official TAR All Stars Episode 5 summary "Hey Dude? Where's the Jokes?",mysticwolf, 04:53 PM, 03-22-07
  • RE: Official TAR All Stars Episode 5 summary "Hey Dude? Where's the Jokes?",michel, 06:18 PM, 03-22-07
  • RE: Official TAR All Stars Episode 5 summary "Hey Dude? Where's the Jokes?",bullzeye, 09:16 AM, 03-23-07
  • RE: Official TAR All Stars Episode 5 summary "Hey Dude? Where's the Jokes?",strid333, 12:03 PM, 03-23-07
  • RE: Official TAR All Stars Episode 5 summary "Hey Dude? Where's the Jokes?",Cyndimaus, 04:00 PM, 03-23-07

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Official TAR All Stars Episode 5 summary "Hey Dude? Where's the Jokes?""
Posted by Cygnus X1 on 03-21-07 at 09:29 PM
Maybe your VCR misses Romber too?

Nice job under duress!

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

Posted by CTgirl on 03-22-07 at 06:47 AM
Short and sweet and you didn't miss anything! Thanks to you and DD.

Posted by brvnkrz on 03-22-07 at 08:20 AM
So glad that I got to read your summary rather than enduring what sounds like a boring episode. Great job, Breeze. *smooch*

Arkie Rocks!!!

Posted by Max Headroom on 03-22-07 at 08:41 AM
Nicely and concisely summarized. After waiting out a 42-minute delay due to NCAA basketball, I was likewise underwhelmed by this episode. Something about obvious non-elims makes me lose interest quickly.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-22-07 at 10:25 AM
This was so much better than the episode. At least your notes (or lack of) made something funny.

Hello to Breezy Girl!

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

Posted by zipperhead on 03-22-07 at 12:36 PM
Good job!

Posted by jbug on 03-22-07 at 03:43 PM
Short, sweet, (well the short part is Charla and the sweet part? Don't think there has been any this season.)
Thanks - you got it all in. Didn't miss anything!
EXCEPT - you musta dozed off before the previews. That was the best part of the whole night.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by mysticwolf on 03-22-07 at 04:53 PM
Your VCR was just trying to be helpful, ensuring you didn't have to sit through this twice.

Nice job. You didn't miss a thing. And, neither did the peeps that missed the episode*.

Tribe sent springtime flowers! blogging's scary
*Well, except for the O/D Phil chase.

Posted by michel on 03-22-07 at 06:18 PM
Good Job Breezy. Besides the Amazing Race after Phil, where were the jokes indeed.

Posted by bullzeye on 03-23-07 at 09:16 AM
*yawn* Man was this episode a bore.

Yes. Yes it was. Thankfully your summary was not - great work considering how little you had to work with! I miss Romber too....sigh.

A birthday present from Tribe

Posted by strid333 on 03-23-07 at 12:03 PM
Short and sweet!

Three is the perfect number.

Posted by Cyndimaus on 03-23-07 at 04:00 PM
Well done!

The BQ’s don’t read their clue and go racing up the glacier without getting their beepy thing first.

Didn't they make some sort of comment before setting out about being smart? Guess we needed a reminder they are blond!

sig courtesy of Cygnus