URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 149
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Final Task"

Posted by OC TV Fan on 11-24-04 at 04:23 PM
Some info about the final task that airs on December 16th from nbcumv.com

THE APPRENTICE --(8:00PM-11:00PM) --(TV-PG)

"Season Finale Event With Live Reveal!"

Decision Time

The final two tasks are underway as the remaining two candidates battle it out to be Donald Trump's next apprentice. But each one faces huge obstacles during their respective task: Trump is directly involved in missteps at both a polo match and an NBA charity game, and a Tony Bennett performance causes a last minute scramble. This all leads up to the final LIVE boardroom showdown where someone will hear the words "You're Hired."

Here's a little more info on the tasks...
Polo Event
Greenwich Polo Club served as the set for a new chapter of NBC’s hit show "The Apprentice." "The Genworth Financial Trump Polo Cup," a fund-raiser for the Alzheimer Association featuring former Greenwich resident Donald Trump and his entourage, was held at Peter Brant’s polo grounds.. After the match was taped, a silent auction was held along with a live performance by the legendary Tony Bennett. Seen in the crowd were the Hazen sisters — Greenwich residents Amy Spaeth, Lynne Morell, Lisa Davies and Mimi Burke of Rye, N.Y.; Katy Massam, Liz Paradise, Tracy Stetler, Susan Arturi, Stamford resident Karen Meizels and Deborah Larsson of Alta Restaurant in Greenwich. Note . . . If one of Trump’s apprentices is responsible for the invitation, he made a spelling error, and chances are — "He’s Fired!!"

NBA Game
From the Palm Post June 25, 2004:

TV star: Wade was in New York with a few other NBA stars Wednesday (June 23) filming an episode for the show The Apprentice.

"It was actually cool," said Wade, who hopes to negotiate a longer deal with Converse soon. "I got an opportunity to meet Donald Trump. I got to shake his hand. That was good. He's a very rich man."

Cafe at Riverbank
http://www.millers-rentals.com/Cafe_at_riverbank.htm
Event:
NBA Celebrity Basketball Game Awards Banquet
Date:
June 23rd 2004
Equipment Supplied:
15' x120' white tent
Client:
Match Catering & Eventstyles

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Final Task"
Posted by ARnutz on 11-24-04 at 06:03 PM
Thanks for the info! I get the feeling these two events could be both done by men... Kevin is the first one who comes to mind for the NBA task, of course it could be Kelly.

If the other speculations are correct and the final 2 are Kelly & Jen, I would think Kelly does the NBA thing & Jen does the polo match. Of course I REALLY hope it is not those two!

I'd prefer an Andy & Kevin final two, they are the most worthy, in my opinion.

A J Slice original (c)2004

Posted by banzai on 11-24-04 at 06:07 PM
how did you do that?
I search the internet and can't find anything.
You're god

Posted by OC TV Fan on 11-29-04 at 03:49 PM
>how did you do that?
>I search the internet and can't
>find anything.
>You're god

My wife works in special events and knows someone at Match Catering in NY. So if you do a search in Google for "Match Catering NBA" it will bring up the link. Unfortunately, my wife has no spoilers for us as Match Catering employees all had to sign Non-Disclosure forms.

"Final Task More Info."
Posted by OC TV Fan on 12-07-04 at 06:53 PM
FROM NBCMV.COM

THE FINAL FOUR GET GRILLED BY SOME OF THE WORLD'S TOP EXECUTIVES AND TWO GET FIRED IN THE PENULTIMATE EPISODE OF NBC'S "THE APPRENTICE" (DECEMBER 9, 9-10PM ET)
Published: December 7, 2004

THE FINAL TWO WORK ALONGISDE GENWORTH FINANCIAL TO ORGANIZE AND EXECUTE A CHARITY BASKETBALL CLASSIC AND THE TRUMP POLO CUP

NEW YORK -- December 7, 2004 -- In the most eventful "Apprentice" yet, this week's penultimate episode (December 9, 9-10pm ET) features the dreaded interview process followed by fireworks in the boardroom and the firing of two candidates. The second half of the episode sends the final two on their last task and ends in a surprising cliff-hanger leading up to the three hour finale December 16 (8pm-11pm ET).

Donald Trump chooses four influential business executives to grill the final four candidates: Alan Jope, COO Unilever North America; Dawn Hudson, President Pepsi-Cola North America; Ace Greenberg, Chairman Bear-Stearns; and Robert Kraft, Owner, New England Patriots. Combined their companies gross more than $80 billion and employ half a million people. They each report back to Trump on their opinions of the final four.

The two remaining candidates receive their final assignments -- one to organize The Genworth Trump Polo Cup in Greenwich, CT., while the other works with the NBA to produce and run The Genworth Charity Basketball Classic featuring 12 NBA stars. The proceeds for the Polo match will be donated to The Alzheimer's Association, and the Basketball Classic will benefit "Read to Achieve." The final two candidates each will select three former "firees" from a group of six to help assist in their task.

Both finalists face managerial difficulties and struggle to motivate their new employees. Last minute pitfalls arise involving Tony Bennett and Chris Webber. Both teams must find a way to problem solve and salvage their events.

Wow looks like there are some motivational problems like Heidi had last year during the final task on S1.