URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1487
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Get a sponsor and things go bad"

Posted by cynicalgirl on 05-23-06 at 11:59 PM
Has anyone else noticed that since Glade has taken over sponsorship of the "parting gifts," we not only see more than a gazillion shots of Glade candles, but that the parting gifts have a monetary price on them, and they seem to get smaller?

I've noticed that Glade is only spending about $3,000 per graduate, which is nothing, bupkus, in the real world. For all of the promotion they're getting on the show, they should be kicking in a hell of a lot more.

Whomever is doing the marketing/promotion for this show is horrible. They should be getting trips and appliances and spas and whatever else, donated by sponsors. And they all can be nicely thanked in the credits as well as by their mention on-air.

Glade must have picked up a hefty chunk of the production budget for this season.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Get a sponsor and things go bad"
Posted by maryellennaco on 05-24-06 at 05:12 PM
That's why they can only give them so much as parting gifts. Plus, let us not forget that this is one SUCKY show!! The first season was good, but once they went to LALA-LAND, it started going downhill and FAST!!
This season 3 was just one big giant pukefest, IMHO. I'm sosso glad Starting Over is OVER!!
I AM GOING TO MISS THESE MESSAGE BOARDS,THOUGH!!!! I don't think I've ever laughed so much as I have these past few months reading ALL these FANTASTIC posts.
As Piss-T & Allisham would say:"WWWWWAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

"RE: Get a sponsor and things go bad"
Posted by BrenMo on 05-25-06 at 09:28 AM
Yes their gifts are the pits now. We sure do get to see those glad candles don't we? lol I bought a couple, supposed to burn 3+ hrs I think, mine burned one. Waaaaaaay too expensive for the quality and time of use. I won't buy another, although I do use some of their other products.

I do love this show. Like some of the women more than others, but that's life isn't it? I will be making calls to see if we can get it to come back.