URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1484
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Breaking Bonaduce"

Posted by MollyTV on 09-13-05 at 07:38 AM
i watched it...i actually cried...i loved his daughter!
i was proud that he drove all the way home. his producer must be an enabler (GET AWAY DANNY!).

i am hooked...
mollytv

ps...if i saw my husband hanging on the bed frame with my kid i would strangle him...i thought it could snap at any minute!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Breaking Bonaduce"
Posted by DonnaLynn on 09-13-05 at 09:42 AM
Danny Bonadunce obviously will never be happy with anything. The man has been a morning show jock in LA for years now making a very nice living. Nevermind that because he had that job, other people who are much more qualified for that job couldn't get it because he was working there. I'm tired of celebrities taking OUR jobs! (I worked in radio almost my whole life and got out a few years ago.) Work your butt off for years and years and then celebs decide they want a try at it. In my town, country singer Chad Brock took the airwaves for a few months and then another station in another state came calling, bought him out of his contract here and he moved to more fame and money. Same thing with all these sports commentators. I hate football but my hubby loves it so I watch a lot more than I would like to, and I noticed that about 1/2 of the commentators could hardly speak clearly. You guessed it, these people are ex-ball players. How about letting people with talent and a degree have the job that they have been working for years to do?

Ok, now that I've gotten my rant out, I have NO RESPECT for Mr. Bonaduce! He deserves every bad thing that happens to him and I really wish he would get off my TV and never come back...

http://www.geocities.com/craftscrochetnmore/index.htm

Posted by celinedion1 on 09-14-05 at 06:42 AM
I watched this show and I like it. I like it a lot more than a lot of those other reality shows like being bobby brown or that britney spears trash. I grew u watching the partrage family so maybe that's why I'm hoping that he gets his life together and that everything turns out well. I hope that they can mke things work between them and I hope that he stays sober. All in all I would have ot say that this seems to be one of the most real reality shows that is on now. It kinda reminds me more of a documentary than a reality show (kind of like that show intervention on A&E another good show). Anyway good show and I will be watching it again.

Posted by iloverob on 09-14-05 at 10:10 AM
"All in all I would have ot say that this seems to be one of the most real reality shows that is on now."

That is so funny, because even though I like the show, I thought exactly the opposite - 'this is the most unreal reality show i've ever seen'. Danny 'puts on' for the camera. The councelor was soooo fake. Does anyone really believe the 'I substituted my pills with aspirin' story he fed to the camera. Why would he say that - why wouldn't he just not take the pill and say he did? Does someone stand there and stare at him while he takes the pill? And then the councelor's explanation for why Danny did it was even more weird, like his wife would stay with him because he planned ahead to cheat??????? It just seemed so fake to me. But I will still watch

Posted by DannyGetoverIt on 12-11-06 at 02:10 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-06 AT 02:12 AM (EST)

Danny is a total loser that needs to grow up and get over it. He needs to go to work like the rest us have to do day in and day out.

Being sober is just being sober so what he wants the world to kiss his #####.

Big deal so he's sober tell this moron to do a 4th step get honest and get on with his life because the rest of that are SOBER! we don't get paid to do a cry baby show we do it one day at a time with out any camera's and bullshit.

As for his wife tell her people that really need recovery would be better off going to a meeting then thinking this show will save their lives.

From someone that's been sober for over 20 years without a reality show..................with just a sponsor, the steps and honesty! and it was for free what a concept!

OldTimer turning off the Danny show!

Posted by Fox41 on 09-13-05 at 11:02 AM
And people thought that "Being Bobby Brown" was bad.
You ain't seen nothing yet. Just keep watching this
show!

Posted by ginger on 09-13-05 at 02:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-05 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

You know, last year I read how they were making "Being Bonaduce." And I thought they changed the name because of the sort-of success of Being Bobby Brown.

But now I see they wound up with much tougher, sadder stuff to film than they'd thought.

I have this weird reaction to Bonaduce; he seems like a relative. I guess this is because I was of the Partridge generation. So without intending to I find I root for the guy. Certainly, I root for the wife. It was an interesting, uncomfortable show. I'll watch again and see how it goes.

I was happy he left Las Vegas and drove home to the little woman.

Posted by sammyboy22 on 09-16-05 at 01:40 PM
I don't really have an opinion yet. I have watched about 3 minutes of one episode and it involved him injecting steroids, which I couldn't believe. I can't believe he has sunk so far. I heard he cheated on his wife who helped him kick his hardcore heroin habit, and at one point he slits his wrists!!! I heard the producers of this show from vh1 wanted to stop taping him but he would not allow it. He just wants the attention. I don't know......

Posted by MollyTV on 09-16-05 at 10:44 PM
i just saw danny and gretchen on "the view" yesterday....oh my it was great. star was mad at them, barbara was mad at them, meredith had a confused look along with elisabeth...but joy asked all the appropriate questions in the right tone.

she didn't accuse them and berate them like the others. aren't they supposed to be interviewing not judging?

anyways danny was trying to be honest and they wanted to know why gretchen would still be with him...likening her to an abused wife who says its cause she still loves him.

barbara called him on still using steroids...anyways it was just what you would expect on the self righteous view.

mollytv

Posted by Fox41 on 09-19-05 at 10:51 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-05 AT 01:16 PM (EST)

>
>"danny was trying to be
>honest and they wanted to
>know why gretchen would still
>be with him...likening her to
>an abused wife who says
>its cause she still loves
>him.
>barbara called him on still using
>steroids...anyways it was just what
>you would expect on the
>self righteous view."

I'm not saying that it was right for the women on The View to judge him like that, BUT, Danny Bonaduce is INSANE. I can't believe that Gretchen is still married to him. She has some serious issues as well. And yes, she is an abused wife who feels the need to hold on to her man. They have a very sick relationship.

Danny & Gretchen make Whiteny Houston & Bobby Brown look like Nick & Jessica!!

"i've changed my mind"
Posted by MollyTV on 09-30-05 at 09:22 AM
after watching the episode where gretchen is in a (using the term loosely) band.....i believe one thing..

she DOES neet to divorce...the pain in her eyes has aged her..

danny is NOT going to change...and he is holding her captive in a way by saying he will change....

he has no consequences...he uses his kids to keep gretchen. and he is never going to change unless he grows up.
molytv

the psychologist looks like he could slap danny.

"RE: i've changed my mind"
Posted by uglier than sarah w on 10-03-05 at 11:55 AM
Yeah I haven't actually watched this yet...something about it seems so painful and voyeuristic, but if it is an accurate portrayal of their reality, it could be interesting. Do you think Danny is acting out more than usual for the cameras?

Posted by Hoobie on 10-05-05 at 02:00 PM
This is so true.

I cannot believe that he made such a huge deal about the back-cracking picture that he didn't even see! To go up on stage and pull one member down to 'talk with him' in the middle of a set is unforgivable. Who does he think he is?

My husband thinks it's fake - but I can't see how it would be.

Another thing that bothers me is he keeps referring to Gretchen as "the mother of my children", not "the love of my life".

And...why is it that every time Gretchen is in the middle of something, Danny calls out to her and she drops everything and goes?

Danny: "Gretchen, Come here"; Gretchen: "OK"
After being married for 14 years, why is she still so subservient? I've been married 2 years, and I simply tell DH that I'll be there when I can. Geesh!

Posted by MollyTV on 10-06-05 at 04:46 PM
i agree with you too. a little bit of me thinks this is staged... especially the part where he "skateboards" into traffic looking all buff and tuff...but i don't think gretchen is fake.

she really acts like an abused wife...any time she is about to have fun he makes sure its ruined...her party....her band....
i think he is afraid to be alone and she is the only one who will stay with him...the sad thing is

she is so afraid of the guilt of his suicide being blamed on her...but i think he really wouldn't do it...i think he is all show.

hmmm
mollytv

Posted by JoshInSGV on 11-02-05 at 07:51 PM
I havent been keeping up with this show. But, I don't really need to. I've been listening to Danny for many years on the radio here in Los Angeles. He was definitelly more tamed on the radio and seemed to make more sense and have more insight than he does on the tv show (maybe that's because Jamie White is such a raving lunatic as well). But even on the radio, Danny was always eager to pull stupid attention-seeking stunts such as getting shocked with a taser over and over or putting a venoumous gecko in his mouth.

I also remember that he's been in and out of rehab several times. He even admitted doing the radio show on Star 98.7 completelly drunk. I truly don't know how Gretchen puts up with his behavior. I think she's a very nice lady, but she probably has some serious codependency issues. The best thing she could do for herself is leave Danny. If not for herself, she should at least do it for her kids. Danny will never change because he's not interested in changing. His lame attempts at working through his addictions is just a ploy to manipulate Gretchen. The whole thing is very very sad.

Does anyone know why Danny is no longer working on Star 98.7?? It seemed kinda abrupt. Did he get fired or did he just quit???

Posted by Snidget on 10-11-05 at 09:49 AM
Anyone else catch the suicide episode they just played.

I can see why they did all the shots with the producers (best line from them was the "were Nick and Jessica like this?")

I think we need to sit all the young men who are into sports down and force them to watch this. The "this is your brain on steroids" might get through to a few of them.

What a freaking train wreck. Yes Danny, she is differnet in the therapists office because she knows he will be able to call 911 and keep you from killing her if she disagrees with whatever words you are coercing out of her mouth. Danny, sweetie, that ain't love.

Hopefully rehab will do him some good.

Lost with PhoenixMons

"What I have learned from this show."
Posted by toddE on 10-11-05 at 11:51 AM
OK, I have only seen one episode, but I have learned the following:

1. Steroids really do work. Danny is incredibly ripped. I'm his age, work out a lot, and have nowhere near his body.

2. Danny is seriously nuts! I'm sure the steroids exacerbate things, but still...I used to listen to him on the radio here in LA sometimes, he was nothing like this.

This is the Danny that was arrested while hiding in his closet after beating up a hooker, I guess. He is rather disturbing to watch.

"RE: What I have learned from this show."
Posted by Snidget on 10-11-05 at 01:28 PM
He was actually pretty ripped at the beginning of the show which was supposed to be prior to his using steroids (he discussed with the therapist that he was planning on starting--there was gonna be a photo spread he wanted to look extra ripped for)

You may work out alot, but Danny does everything to excess and was a member of three gyms and each gym was telling him he was working out too much.

At the beginning he was a bit insane, but not anything like he was once steroids and large amounts of alcohol started having their way with what is left of his emotional center and thought processes.

Steroids, good for muscles bad for brain.

Happy Haunted Halloween!!

"RE: What I have learned from this show."
Posted by ginger on 11-04-05 at 03:05 PM
I still think it is amazing to see his body now, and think of that chunky lil guy from Partridge Family.

Boy, Barry Williams was a fool to get in the ring with Danny.

Posted by dallaskimber on 11-03-05 at 07:54 PM
Not me I would rather watch Dog the Bounty hunter before this. I read an article that Danny Bonaduce was interviwed for and he admitted that he loves being on TV more then his family. He didn't go share a day at Disney World with his family WHO HE HAS treated like s$it so he could do a stupid interview. I am bi-polar and I NEVER act like that- OH I forgot- I take my meds on time and like I should

Posted by Kelliedn on 11-11-05 at 00:15 AM
I watched these shows and have to say that none of it really surprised me. Danny was a DJ in Detroit for awhile and I knew even then something wasn't right with him and his family. Isabella was very young and was crying out for attention even then, biting anyone and everyone she could...I remember it very clearly because he was soooo mean to anyone who called in with advise and he aired his mean-ness.

I was very upset that Isabella feels so responsible for helping her daddy and making him better. This poor little girl. Someday we are going to read some not so flattering things about her and I already blame her self-involved, ego-tistic, insane father. God be with you Isabella.

Posted by alicat33 on 11-13-05 at 07:01 AM
Does anyone know if gretchen and danny are even still together?
I saw on the internet he had another affair--but of course, who knows if anything on the internet is true.

I agree that the best thing gretchen could do for the kids is
to leave. Holy Cow, they are gonna have BIG TIME issues later in life after living with someone so out of control (and selfish) their entire childhoods.....

Posted by Kelliedn on 11-14-05 at 08:36 AM
According to a San Diego on line article from November 4, they are still together and I guess Danny is still sober 5 months after rehab. Let's see how sober he is 5 years after rehad when Isabella starts dating...maybe he will introduce her to her first taste of drinking and drugs like I'm sure he thinks a good daddy would (you know, cuz we wouldn't want her to do it OUTSIDE the home!!)

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/peterson/20051104-9999-1c04karla.html