URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1477
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Eric and Danielle: Yuck"

Posted by Seana on 03-05-07 at 10:39 AM
Now, it's not like I didn't already know that he was a pig and she was a dip, but at least in their own season, they were each with another pig and another dip. For some reason, this made them seem less bad. Now, we have them together. And we can see them in all their glory.

At the beginning of the first episode, Danielle tells us that she is not used to gentlemen, which is what is so nice about Eric.

Someone please explain to me the bit where Eric has been a gentleman so far. How about just this week? Was it when he was telling her not to be a baby at the fish task? Was it when he told her to put her boobs on the fish? Rob felt compelled to comment on that. It was classless. Totally, utterly classless.

She was useless at the task, of course, but he might have encouraged her a little.

Danielle explains in a confessional that she's having a tough time of it: "I'm a girl doing my best to keep up with a guy." Oh. My. Gawds. It's Malibu Stacy:

*pulls string* "I wish they taught shopping in school."
*pulls string* "Don't ask me, I'm just a girl." *giggle*

That was a truly stupid thing to say. Gah.

I fear that Eric might drag Danielle and her boobs a lot farther in the Race. But I'm hoping they won't place higher than 5th.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Eric and Danielle: Yuck"
Posted by bullzeye on 03-05-07 at 12:04 PM
Agree entirely. And I can't decide what I hate more - his idiotic comments, or the fact that she puts up with them.

A birthday present from Tribe

Posted by Karchita on 03-05-07 at 02:16 PM
At the beginning of the first episode, Danielle tells us that she is not used to gentlemen, which is what is so nice about Eric.

Maybe that means she likes a$$hole Eric because that is what she is used to.

If Rob comments on your behavior, it means you are really out of line. 'Cause if anyone knows the limits of acceptable behavior, it's Rob Mariano.

Posted by Cyndimaus on 03-05-07 at 02:23 PM
Yeah, Eric makes Rob look nice.

And to be honest, even though I'm not a Rob fan, I really do respect the way he treats Amber.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Posted by ginger on 03-05-07 at 05:31 PM
I don't remember these two AT ALL, or am I just blocking them out? Can you tell me what season/what horrible personality trait they were identified with last? They seem sort of Jonathan and Victoria Lite to me.

Posted by dabo on 03-05-07 at 05:48 PM
... number nine number nine number nine ...

Eric from Eric and Jeremy, Danielle from Dani and Danielle (the DoubleD's).

... block that kick block that kick ...

Posted by Dizwiz on 03-05-07 at 06:45 PM
LMAO

he scores! he scores!

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 03-06-07 at 00:04 AM

Take this, brother, may it serve you well.

Posted by Seana on 03-05-07 at 09:21 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-07 AT 09:22 PM (EST)

*snort* @ dabo

Maybe a visual of their previous teams would help?

Eric and Jeremy

Danielle and Dani

ETA: The winners of Season 9 were The Hippies, BJ and Tyler.

Why I didn't like Danielle and Dani.

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 03-06-07 at 00:07 AM
The irony of having to reach back and remember who was even *in* TAR 9 is not lost on me.

And we say the Family Edition was bad . . .

"Episode 5"
Posted by Seana on 03-18-07 at 11:39 PM
And Eric did not disappoint this week. He kept treating Danielle like it was all her fault they weren't doing well, for one thing.

For anohter, he tried to bait the Guidos into a fight, but their only comment was that he needed to watch his speed. He lied and said that he told the driver *not* to pass them. Unless that bit was heavily editted, the Guidos kept their cool despite sophomoric behaviour from Eric, who kept calling them freaks.

I, for one, am thrilled that he got "beat by a bunch of queens".

"RE: Episode 5"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 03-19-07 at 05:38 AM
I cannot believe how long it took me to realize what a pig he is. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he (and his partner) are both dumber than dirt.

I, for one, am thrilled that he got "beat by a bunch of queens".

Hmmmm, if Uchenna and Joyce beat them in a footrace, which epithets and slurs would Eric have used?

Posted by bullzeye on 03-19-07 at 08:55 AM
Hmmmm, if Uchenna and Joyce beat them in a footrace, which epithets and slurs would Eric have used?

Good point HD. That hadn't occured to me. Given last night's display of his extensive vocabulary, I am certain it would be a doozy. Go home Eric. Now.

Posted by Seana on 03-19-07 at 10:29 AM
RE: epithets

Honestly, I could not believe those words came out of his mouth. For a heartbeat, I thought he was going to say "queers" and I just would have... I don't know. Just wow.

I can't think of any snappy slurs to call Uchenna and Joyce. I'll get back to you. That would be a great Hawkeye 10 question.

Posted by tamarama on 03-19-07 at 11:08 AM
I agree with all -- the combined ego & stupidity that allows him to make that kind of comment, and keep harping on Danielle's boobs...I'm kinda speechless.

Except for this: "Run, Danielle! Run!"

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-19-07 at 11:39 AM

>Except for this: "Run, Danielle! Run!"

Careful of what you wish for... that's probably Eric's biggest wet dream -- to watch Danielle run on the beach, a la Baywatch.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Posted by tamarama on 03-19-07 at 10:34 PM
Good Point! Let me rephrase:

"Run AWAY Danielle! Run away!"

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 03-19-07 at 11:18 AM
Oh, I'm sure Eric has epithets for every other team.

Even making the far-flung assumption that he was trying to impress the Fred Phelps-esque among us, asserting that he got *beaten* by "a bunch of queens" sure isn't going to accomplish that!

Tribe strikes again!
These two are Freddy and Kendra redux. Only worse, though; at least Freddy was sort of likeable.

Posted by tamarama on 03-19-07 at 11:21 AM
>>at least Freddy was sort of likeable<<

Yeah, but only until he hulked out after getting a wittle bump on his pwetty wittle head.

At least Danielle just seems stupid & whiney - not necessarily nasty. Yet.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 03-19-07 at 11:35 AM
Even making the far-flung assumption that he was trying to impress the Fred Phelps-esque among us

Yeah, I don't even think that he put that much thought into it...

Posted by dragonflies on 03-19-07 at 08:25 AM
To think, I used to actually like Eric. I had hoped the horndog routine was just a game, but it seems I was wrong. UGH.

Posted by zombiebaby on 03-19-07 at 11:03 AM
Someone sure is going out of his way to prove he is not gay.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

Posted by HistoryDetective on 03-19-07 at 11:22 AM
Yeah, but we remember who his partner was last time around...

Posted by tamarama on 03-19-07 at 10:30 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm.

Why couldn't we have had Jeremy and Dani instead?

Or Jeremy & Jeremy?

Or just Jeremy naked?

"Episode 9"
Posted by Seana on 04-09-07 at 00:21 AM
Let the hating continue.

First and foremost, Danielle and her "this is a guy task" at the RB made me want to jump through my TV and throttle her. Mirna and Kandice did the task without complaint (that we saw) and there she is kvetching about how Eric gets all the girl tasks. I could scream.

Second, but not by much: calling the BQ's 'dirty pirate hookers' for Yielding them. Now. I understand being upset, especially Danielle, since the Yield is what did her and Dani in before. However, if a woman p!sses you off, it is not automatically a reflection on her sexuality.

I'd call them sophmoric, but I think kids in Grade 10 are actually a bit more mature.

"RE: Episode 9"
Posted by MissRaven on 04-09-07 at 10:49 AM
Totally agree. Although perhaps Eric IS more suited to the "girl" tasks! The pirate hooker thing really irked me.

Was Danielle wearing her bike helmut backwards cause it sure looked odd.

"RE: Episode 9"
Posted by Cyndimaus on 04-09-07 at 01:49 PM
Ah, the irony of Danielle complaining about having to do all the "guy" tasks while Eric is bragging about doing all the "easy" tasks. The editors must have loved finding both of those comments to play against each other!

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Posted by cipher5150 on 04-09-07 at 02:57 PM
I am once again amazed at a team’s reaction to being Yielded. As if they somehow think they are taking a nice vaca around the world with their friends rather than racing for a million dollars. Their reaction is always “Why did they yield us? I thought we were friends – how could they do this to us?” And then proceed to make nasty comments about the team that yielded them. E&D’s reaction just cements my opinion that she is an idiot and he is a jerk and an idiot (although, in terms of poor Yield reaction and behavior, they still pale in comparison to team Bama last season).

Sure I expect them to be angry about it but I find these incredulous reactions – the surprise and disbelief that someone would yield them – to be mind boggling. If I was racing I would almost certainly use the yield if I thought it would provide a significant benefit (especially this late in the race). And although I would be ticked off to get yielded, I hope that I would not act like I was blindsided. In fact, given my nature, I would have probably already made it known to everyone that I would likely use it given the opportunity – and I would be surprised to learn that these teams had not had similar conversations by now during the pitstops.

As to Eric’s comments about the Blondes being Ho’s – color me shocked, not! I think he thinks he is being clever and funny. Sigh…

Also, I know some teams don’t like the Yield and choose not to use it for whatever reason and that’s cool – as long as they don’t get self-righteous about it.

"Worst Possible Ending"
Posted by Seana on 05-07-07 at 11:47 AM
Oh for crying out loud. The whining losers won.

The didn't even run a particularly good race. How many first place finishes? 1?

She pi$ssed and moaned about every little thing. He made sure that everybody knew everything was all their fault (BQ's, D/O, Danielle). Apparently, Eric is the only person anywhere who can do anything properly.

This is just. so. awful. Kendra and Freddy awful. Blah.

I didn't want to even give them their own "I hate you for winning" thread.

"RE: Worst Possible Ending"
Posted by Cyndimaus on 05-07-07 at 12:08 PM
I agree. I hate to see the whiners win. At least the BQ's and Charla and Mirna ran the race well (whether you like them or not).

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 05-07-07 at 12:21 PM
And what was Eric's final message, in essence?

"I was a jerk during the race, and I'll be a jerk again! After all, Danielle put up with it!"

Eeeesh. They deserve each other.

You've been warned, so don't complain.

Posted by ulalame on 05-07-07 at 02:24 PM
Agree 100%

I could see it coming with the comments last night, and I swear I was sick to my stomach at the thought of those whiny idiots winning the race.

I would have been happy if any other team won but them. Heck, I would have been happier with a Teri/Ian win.

The sad thing is that even knowing that Eric/Danielle were going to win, the producers couldn't find any footage to make them seem the least bit redeeming. Even the winners of Season Three (Flo and Zach), who had equally hateful personalities, were at least shown as worthy of winning because they were good racers.

Worst! Finale! Ever!

(Of course, imho, this season was pretty much all downhill after Episode 4 when Rob and Amber were eliminated. But I was at least hoping for the consolation of the next-best winners, i.e. the BQs. Oh well. Hopefully the next season will bring us a finale to be satisfied with!)

"They get the million, but . . ."
Posted by Cygnus X1 on 05-07-07 at 02:51 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-07 AT 02:54 PM (EST)

It's official: they are no longer an item, just "friends." (Does that mean she's still his Holla Back Girl?)

The former couple, who will split the $1 million, said the race helped them realize that they just were not romantically compatible, though they remain friends.

"We get along now but we realized on the race our relationship really isn't going to really work out too well — two different people," Eric said. "But everything is good. I'm happy for her. She's happy for me. It's not the best place to test your relationship on 'The Amazing Race.'"

Eric and Danielle Get Their Money

ETA: Video, for those who can see it.

"RE: They get the million, but . . ."
Posted by PsychoKitty on 05-07-07 at 05:32 PM
Gee, who didn't see that coming! Bleah - best comment so far - "Freddy & Kendra bad."

So disappointing!!!!! No wonder the finale was only 1 hour long.

Psychokitty

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by bullzeye on 05-07-07 at 05:39 PM
It has taken me all day to come to terms with the fact that these two jack-asses won. It was almost, ok maybe it was as bad as when Freddie and Kendra won. None of these 4 have a single redeeming quality amoungst them. Let us never speak their names again. Please?

Brutal.

Posted by Seana on 05-07-07 at 08:12 PM
I just read their interview with RTVW and I agree with you that I actually like them less.

Like, you know and stuff. Really, and like totally, you know? And me and him, we were all like you know? And stuff.

Posted by zorayah on 05-07-07 at 09:06 PM
In true blue Charla fashion, I would like to say...BAAARRRRFFFF!
BAAAARRRRFFFFF! BAAARRR.. hookeeyyyy..

That is all.

Posted by canuklady on 05-08-07 at 12:57 PM
This is the first time I've ever posted (although I've lurked for well over a year). I'm just so disappointed that two such lunkheads won. JMO, but I think Eric's nothing more than an obnoxious jerk and maybe the BQ's could loan one of their crowns to Danielle because she has to be Queen of the Crybabies. Ugh! They certainly deserve each other.

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 05-08-07 at 01:50 PM
In return, the BQs could keep Danielle's oobies on ice for her.

Welcome to the boards!

Posted by jbug on 05-08-07 at 03:49 PM
How could you lurk that long and not add your 2 cents?
glad you joined in.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by bullzeye on 05-08-07 at 05:58 PM
And with a post like that - I would encourage you to post more often!