URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1471
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Gosh, that was dumb, Week 2"

Posted by Seana on 02-26-07 at 00:43 AM
A fair bit of stupidity this week. Let's talk about it.

1. Kevin and Drew: driving at 40 kph because they missed the sign that said 50 kph. How much time did they lose? And just why was Drew doing all the driving? He has the injuries and the need for meds and oxygen. Wouldn't Kevin have been the better choice? Perhaps they have some kind of arrangement about whose turn it is, but you'd think they could alter it in times of need.

2. Mary: sharing info with Charla at the Roadblock. They're not the strongest Racers. They came in last on 3 legs in their original Race. They would likely have been eliminated earlier if they hadn't gotten the FF, which was a gift from the Chos. They shouldn't be helping anyone. They should be worried about getting to the Pit Stop.

3. Charla and Mirna: freaking out on a local because he wanted money to go out of his way to help them. It *was* smart to ask the BQ's to pay up if they wanted help too, but oh. my. goodness, what the heck was that? Was it a good idea to hand over the purse and then go to leave without getting the info? No. Have a snit if you must, but stomp off *with* your money. Otherwise, they might have tried haggling a little. But then, everyone passed them in the time it took them to yell at the guy.

4. Teri and Ian: couldn't find the marked cars at the copper mine. They get a ride to the front gate and back again. How much time did they lose? Dumb.

What am I missing?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Gosh, that was dumb, Week 2"
Posted by Cygnus X1 on 02-26-07 at 02:15 AM
Did Mirna indeed leave without that purse or whatever? They later tried to get yet another cabbie to no avail.

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

Posted by ladybugen on 02-26-07 at 09:12 AM
>Did Mirna indeed leave without that
>purse or whatever? They
>later tried to get yet
>another cabbie to no avail.
>
>
>
>Tribe strikes again!
>You've been warned, so don't complain.

>

No, he handed the purse back because he didn't want it. Then she handed him $20 saying "here, I give you $20 to eat" and acted as if she gave him a million.

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 02-26-07 at 08:46 PM
> Then she handed him
>$20 saying "here, I give
>you $20 to eat" and
>acted as if she gave
>him a million.

I'm pretty sure that it actually was worse.
I think she said; "Here I give you $20. I won't eat tomorrow.

Mirna= Queen of the Harpies

Tribephylanthropy!

Posted by Max Headroom on 02-26-07 at 11:08 AM
Eric and Danielle: Let's see, the roadblock is inside a corporate office building. It's very unlikely to be a physical task. So why send the athletic challenge-hound Eric into the boardroom instead of the less-athletically-gifted (and supposedly smarter) Danielle?

Teri and Ian: See above. Do you really want Teri scaling a cliff late in the race because Ian is out of roadblocks?

At least Uchenna and Joyce got it right, even if Joyce did take 2,432 years to figure out the puzzle.

Teri and Ian, part II: Read the clue before looking for the marked cars. (At least they realized their mistake and admitted it to us.) Older teams have to be smarter to stick around.

Final thought: What happened to the flat tire on Kevin and Drew's vehicle from the previous leg? They should have had to change the tire after receiving their clue in the morning.

Posted by dabo on 02-26-07 at 01:38 PM
They probably grabbed John Vito & Jill's vehicle, it wasn't being used anyway.

Posted by qwertypie on 02-26-07 at 09:19 PM
Apparently they did get a penalty.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/interview--kevin-and-drew-talk-about-their-all-stars-experience-4764.php

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by maryellennaco on 02-26-07 at 01:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-07 AT 01:19 PM (EST)

My favorite? Whichever dummy said, "I can't drive a stick shift". Uh.. Hello?? You've been on this race already, not every car in every country is going to have cruise control & Onstar.... DOA!

Posted by nailbone on 02-26-07 at 03:33 PM
That'd be Mirna.

Posted by Seana on 02-26-07 at 03:37 PM
Mirna did say that last week, but now that maryellen mentions it, I'm sure I heard someone say that again this week. Actually, that may be why Drew was driving...

Posted by tamarama on 02-26-07 at 08:00 PM
I think that was at the Detour - either Kevin or Drew told them "if you can't drive a stick, you have to do 'hand'" or something like that. They were trying to decide which option to take - could you imagine Mirna driving a front-end loader? Run for the hills!

Might have been the Guidos now that I think about it. Someone anyway. And FWIW, they sounded irritated. I think the racers are already sick of them.

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 02-27-07 at 07:41 AM
It was Kevin who can't drive a stick. The Guidos ran the front-end loader.

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.