URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 146
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Voters vs Watchers vs Fans vs Buyers"

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-04-05 at 03:27 PM
So I'm curious about all these different groups.

I think the number of Watchers is way smaller than actual Voters and a differnt demographic. I remember someone writing about seeing the City Walk performances and how Jordis & MiG were drawing the teenybopper (pre-teen) crowd and Marty & JD were drawing the adult women. My guess is that teenyboppers vote a heckuva lot more than adults - that they make up the far majority of voters.

I think traditional INXS fans and future buyers are going to be a pretty similar group. I imagine once their songs starting going into heavy rotation on MTV and ClearChannel radios, there will be a whole new set of Buyers.

But then there are those people who have written here, "If X wins, I'll never listen to INXS again." I wonder how many of them will change their mind once they start hearing/seeing the new release. I have a hard time understanding those people anyway. I certainly have my favorite, but I can't imagine hating any singer more than I like the band. I mean, who cares that much about these singers?

I've read so many places that so much of media today (tv, movies, music) is geared/marketed to teens, because they spend the money on that stuff. I wonder if INXS will be able to reach them. Then again, look at The Rolling Stones.

As an aside - can you fricking believe they are being sponsored by a MORTGAGE company???? That is so wrong, so very, very wrong.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion