URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1452
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Amazing Relationship-Killing Race"

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 01-08-07 at 02:12 PM
(Was going to post in Fanatics, but upon further review, it's more Basher material.)

Let's recap the relationships that began or finished collapsing via TAR:

TAR 1: Lenny/Karyn. I'd have run too after all those screams of "LENNN-NYYYYY!" At least they were good sports when doing the DVD commentary.

TAR 2-4: Need your help. Haven't seen them.

TAR 5: Alison/Donny, although it may be argued it was never really a relationship to begin with.

TAR 6: Adam/Rebecker. Maybe the first mother/child breakup that we ever saw.

TAR 7: Ron/Kelly. Certainly Ron was no saint (kinda on the jellyfish side, really), but Kelly's accusation that he let himself be captured as a POW to get attention was way off the scale.

TAR 8: Probably shattered was the relationship of TAR to its fans.

TAR 9: None really, though at times it seemed like Monica and Whatshisname would do so. (I still want to know how she looked better during the Race than she did on the Early Show after Philimination.)

TAR 10: Peter/Sarah. Sarah could be whiny, although she did a lot of overcoming of her physical limitations. But Peter . . . he just never did get it. Never stopped being her trainer, for one thing, then made it obvious that he wanted the Barbies. Got what he deserved.

Others? Discussion?

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Amazing Relationship-Killing Race"
Posted by Max Headroom on 01-09-07 at 08:08 AM
LENNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYY!
(Still makes my blood run cold.)

My votes for TAR relationship-kills:

TAR2 - Tara/Wil, though they really weren't a couple by the time the race was filmed.

TAR3 - Who can forget FloZach, supposedly considering if they were more than friends? (Zach thinks NOT.)

TAR4 - The 12-year virgins Millie/Chuck had their share of issues before the race, but their relationship didn't hold up afterwards. (I also wondered if engaged Kelly/Jon were going to kill each other during the race, but they ended up married.)

Yeah, Millie was cute, but waiting 12 YEARS??

"RE: The Amazing Relationship-Killing Race"
Posted by KObrien_fan on 01-19-07 at 01:51 PM
TAR 4 Reichen and Chip, but they got along fine while on the race. They were just a casualty of the war of life and long term commitment.