URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 145
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"In the meantime"

Posted by jehon_carlisle on 10-11-05 at 01:58 PM
This maybe somewhat unusual for a young black male, but I take time to watch Starting Over as a self help aid. I was wondering are their forums out there that cater to men who are willing to make a change in their life but are uncertain on how to achieve total spiritual identity?

In the meantime I find myself struggling to be the man that I so desire...many obstacles to overcome ....

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: In the meantime"
Posted by femmesacre on 10-11-05 at 04:56 PM
I hear you jehon. Trying to find your purpose in this life, much less day by day can, at times, make one feel...LOST. But in my own experience, I've discovered that acting on the desire to find meaning and spiritual identity in life, is actually heading in the right direction.

The tough pill to swallow is that when going through many of these periods of growth and self-evaluation, it certainly does not FEEL like progress.

You're on the right track though. Reaching out for help, seeking inspiration from positive sources, searching for your truth in this life---- that's moving toward the light, that's progress.

dailyOM.com has many different inspirational topics and I think they have a discussion board.

Many blessings as you search for your truth!

femmesacre (sacred woman)

Posted by nikkidemus on 10-11-05 at 07:58 PM
WELCOME JEHON, I THINK ITS AWESOME THAT YOU WATCH THE SHOW AS A SELF HELP AID, SO DO I. THATS A START. I WISH MORE MEN WOULD WATCH IT, I THINK THEY WOULD GET A LOT OUT OF IT AND THEY WOULD ALSO LEARN A LOT ABOUT WOMEN AND THEMSELVES. THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY. I THINK IT WOULD BE GREAT IF THEY HAD A STARTING OVER FOR MEN. AT THE TIME I DONT KNOW OF ANY FORUMS THAT CATER TO MEN BUT MAYBE THE WORD WILL GET OUT AND SOME PRODUCER WILL COME UP WITH A SHOW JUST FOR MEN. YOU GUYS NEED IT JUST AS MUCH AS THE WOMEN DO. IN THE MEANTIME JUST JOIN IN AND CHAT WITH US YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED AT WHAT YOU CAN LEARN

Posted by femmesacre on 10-15-05 at 11:56 AM
Did you get a chance to check out dailyOM.com?

What did you think? I hope it was helpful.