URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID47
Thread Number: 145
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"next week's "twist""

Posted by badger on 11-11-03 at 05:25 PM
OK, I'll say it. . .

I no longer find bringing back an "ex" player at all exciting or remotely worthy being called a "twist."

We saw it on Big Brother, on this season's Survivor, and now on Joe Millionaire 2, one of the women who David previously eliminated will be back.

I thought we could
a) gripe about this lousy idea
and
b) speculate on who this might be.

My guess: Linda

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: next week's "twist""
Posted by Angelfood on 11-11-03 at 05:36 PM
I usually think these are lousy, unoriginal, unfair ideas! totally hated it on PHo and S7. Hated!!

Except in this case...

Bring back the Linda.

wouldn't it be worth the look on their faces??? Especially if we get to see Olinda's reaction from loser lodge?

Muahahaha.

Posted by Tiger Lily on 11-11-03 at 05:40 PM

>I thought we could
>a) gripe about this lousy idea

Rabble! Rabble rabble rabble...rabble rabble...rabble rabble!

>and
>b) speculate on who this might
>be.
>
>My guess: Linda

Ditto... I thought one of Webby's vidcaps showed what looked like Linda kissing David, and I don't think we saw that in any of the episodes so far. Or was I just seeing things? *goes back to check*

Sentence first. Verdict afterwards.

Posted by Chrissy gal on 11-11-03 at 07:14 PM
Is this the picture you are referring to?

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

"Yes, ma'am."
Posted by Tiger Lily on 11-11-03 at 10:39 PM
Thanks!

(That is Linda, isn't it?)

"RE: Yes, ma'am."
Posted by Chrissy gal on 11-18-03 at 02:26 AM
Good catch on the picture Tiger Lily! I guess we'll see the scene on next weeks show.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Posted by vilkas88 on 11-11-03 at 10:40 PM
>Linda kissing David, and I
>don't think we saw that
>in any of the episodes
>so far.

Neither did i. a good point, Tiger Lilly! i thought that maybe they had edited it out. though i remember that white shirt she is wearing in the photo - she was also wore it during an interview previously on 1 or 2 episode -saying 'we expected a real estate agent or a banker'. would she wear it again for the finale? in any case - Linda's chances aren't too shaby. i just don't think david is into her at this point. UNLESS, someone somehow off the camera - explained to our Joe real reasons for her departure. kristina tried and failed - since he has emotionally ended that tie. we'll see.

vilkas

"it's GOTTA be linda"
Posted by badger on 11-11-03 at 10:47 PM
part of my rationale for saying the "surprise" contestant is linda is that her name kept coming up in the last 2 episodes. if the producers really wanted us to forget about her, i don't think they would've included krystina and ??? (cat? i don't remember) asking david about linda.

i think these were meant to remind viewers that linda is still very much on everyone's minds. . . the other women's, david's, and ours.

how will david react? i'm not sure. i think he's started to convince himself that he's interested in the other women. he's had a big change of heart about anique, for example.

Posted by realityfan227 on 11-13-03 at 10:28 PM
I totally agree with Tiger Lily, as I too recall seeing a preview from one of the episodes showing David and Linda kissing. I was very surprised to have seen her leave the show when she did, but now with the "twist", it all makes sense. I hope it is the case, as Linda is my favourite and obviously David's as well!

"Ya, what Badger said"
Posted by Guppin1234 on 11-13-03 at 05:32 PM
I'm hoping for Linda to come back too.

Has anyone spotted Evan yet?

"RE: Ya, what Badger said"
Posted by Chrissy gal on 11-13-03 at 11:09 PM
>>Has anyone spotted Evan yet?<<

I forgot to look!

Maybe Evan's guest appearance is the "twist".

Chrissy gal

"RE: Ya, what Badger said"
Posted by Tiger Lily on 11-14-03 at 01:04 AM
Oh man, I forgot we were supposed to be looking for Evan. Isn't Sarah supposed to be on, too?

"Now, wouldn't it be funny..."
Posted by StarryLuna on 11-17-03 at 05:00 PM
if Sarah was the returning contestant? She and her foot-bonds could really teach these women how to be aggressive in getting a man!

slurp. slurp.

"RE: Now, wouldn't it be funny..."
Posted by Tiger Lily on 11-17-03 at 05:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-03 AT 05:14 PM (EST)

OMH, as if these women aren't aggressive enough! *cue footage of Cat grabbing David's butt and kicking him under the table, and Olinda trying to pull down his swimming trunks*
Sarah coming to the villa would be funny if Olinda were still there, though. Could you imagine?

Just hoping David doesn't take any of these women for a walk in the woods...

"RE: Now, wouldn't it be funny..."
Posted by StarryLuna on 11-17-03 at 07:15 PM
Sarah coming to the villa would be funny if Olinda were still there, though. Could you imagine?

Man, the producers really missed a golden opportunity there, didn't they?

Is this chicken that I have, or fish?

Posted by buckeyegirl on 11-14-03 at 10:50 AM
While I normally hate these sorta things, in this case I'm going to enjoy it alot! Badger, I was thinking the same thing when all the girls kept mentioning her name, and wanting to cheer him up all the time...they normally leave that kind of stuff in for a reason~or maybe I'm just used to Mark Burnett's editing style. If it's not Linda, I'll be upset. But it would be priceless to see the look on Olinda's face in LL when she finds out linda can come back....

I *lvoe* my Kyngsladye Creation

Posted by ginger on 11-17-03 at 12:50 PM
The commercials indicate the returning lass has "unfinished business" to resolve with Cowboy Ho.

It's gotta be Linda - even Fox knows anyone else would be even lamer than Dallas "it was just a dream" scenario.

I'm guessing Linda comes back, Cat gets a little too gropey too fast, and the latter gets eliminated.

Posted by Swami on 11-17-03 at 01:26 PM
Agree. It's gotta be Linda--the Euro-Zzzzora. What a snooze-fest this show has turned out to be. I kind of wish Oldlinda had actually chopped off David's hand last week, just so we could finally have some excitement.

IceCat is a Genius

Posted by Puppy Piddle on 11-17-03 at 03:34 PM
Did you see David's bow legs poking out of that gladiator uniform? Funny! Then if that wasn't bad enough, his tidy whities were peeking out as well.