URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1449
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"BB20 Week 1 List"

Posted by michel2 on 02-11-18 at 02:07 PM
I'm sorry Aruba if you were going to start a list for this season but I don't think this is your cup of tea. I'm not sure my interest will keep up either but, for now, I've been so impressed with one player that I wanted to discuss this first week so here goes:

1- Shannon Elizabeth: Wow! How impressive has she been? I didn't know her before but I think I'm in love!! Not only has she dominated the challenges (responsibilities!?!? and I think she was going for irresponsibilities before her ally asked for her extra R!) but her tactics were exquisite. She formed the first alliances then explained her nominations in such a way not to irritate anyone. When the bag twist came along, she quickly found two answers for it: talk the guys into keeping them and, if case they didn't, get all the girls to neutralize them. Then, with the help of Ross, she didn't let Omorosa and Keisha pressure her into using her well earned veto. TERRIFIC but probably unsustainable.

Marissa Janet Winokur: Another one I didn't know (In fact, I only knew Metta World Peace, Rudy and Ross) she is smart, humorous and mostly well hidden. The smart money would go on her to win it all.

Ross Matthews: I liked the way he flipped the script when he realized he wasn't really one of the girls. Getting Shannon to sort through all her options wasn't easy but he managed it nicely. I'd say he's the next best contender. Maybe he can get his side of the women's alliance to play with the guys. That would greatly augment his odds. And thank you, Ross, for your investigative reporting on Omorosa.

James Maslow: While his approach to Shannon was all wrong (he should have said something along the lines of wanting great players going all the way and made a F2 pact with her instead of simply saying she was a threat) his reaction when on the block was excellent. Now, it all depends on his ability to connect with one side of the women's alliance.

Ariadna Gutierrez: She is mostly set decoration for now but, since it could be a language barrier, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. She seems to be a follower so if, on finale night, Julie declares her the winner, I'll be the first to say that the host read the wrong name!

Keshia Knight Pulliam: While I was really impressed with her guts to go after the two big guys, I was disappointed in seeing her align with Omorosa simply because of their skin color. I also didn't like the way she tried to impose her game on Shannon.

Omorosa: For the first two episodes, she seemed like a calm, sure tactician and she had a strong social game. I also enjoyed the peak into the White House that she gave us but when she complained about Shannon playing an individual game simply because it didn't match with her own individual goals then I saw the selfish person that people hate.

Brandi Glanville: It seems that all she's doing is playing her reality TV character in the hopes of returning to that show. We get it; you hate everyone so you shouldn't be surprised if everyone hates you. Does she even realize that this is a social game?!!

Mark McGrath: Who would have expected that, on a Celebrity season, there would be one player so starstruck that he forgot to play the game. He went straight to side with his idols then he quickly accepted being the "pawn du jour" to please the women.

Metta World Peace: What's this about missing his wife? NBA teams go on road trips that last just about as long as he'd been in the house so did he cry like that in the NBA locker rooms? Or could it be that some groupies helped him forget about missing his wife...

Evicted - Chuck LiddellOf course, they evicted the oldest participant. Because of his age and gender, Chuck had two strikes against him at the start. Making a deal with the HOH instead of the voters means he was struck out looking.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: BB20 Week 1 List"
Posted by Aruba on 02-12-18 at 01:53 PM
You’re right...not my cup of tea. But did catch the first three episodes before the Olympic Games officially started (No, the Opening Ceremony is not the “official” start in my book.) So, consequently did not catch last night’s episode even though I know the Sistas are on the block.
Thanks for kickstarting the list, although I must be honest and say this will more than likely be my first and last list. I’m hoping Kingfish will keep you company for the abbreviated season. But do not fret...you’ll still have me to kick around when Survivor starts later this month. HaHa!

I only knew four of these “celebrities” before they entered the House. BTW...who is “Rudy???”

SHANNON – There’s not enough superlatives to answer your question, “How impressive has she been?” One of the four I knew before the show because of the American Pie series. I fell “in love” with her way back then. Hard to believe the original American Pie was almost 20 years ago! This would put Shannon Elizabeth in her mid-forties by now making her challenge domination even MORE incredible. And yes, her game tactics thus far are very noteworthy as well. I doubt she’ll be able to run the table for the whole game, so just a matter of time before she falls victim to the Anti-Darwin Syndrome.

ROSS – Don’t know if any wager on Big Brother can be regarded as “smart” money; so, my “nonsense” money is on Ross to “win it all.” Most in his position would have taken the “as long as it’s not me” approach once he got accepted by the Production-forced majority female alliance. But once he got his foot in the door, he busted it off its hinges and as you so accurately stated, “flipped the script.”

MARISSA – She should be perceived as a non-threat, and could go through the season with little to no blood on her hands. That’s a perfect combination to advance, although will she be capable of winning a key comp once they get to the final five or four? If not, the more proactive and successful competition gameplayers will cringe at the prospect of sitting next to her in the Finals.

ARIADNA – IMHO the most gorgeous HG ever to walk into the BB House. I guess that would be expected when you’ve been crowned Miss Universe...even if only for a couple minutes. Unless she flips the switch quickly, she’s got coattail rider written all over her. Perhaps it was my imagination, but I thought when serving the “Baby” punishment, James was making a subtle play for a showmance. If so, Ariadna shot him down quicker than bonehead Steve Harvey corrected his blunder. So, I give her props for that.

METTA – I’m placing him here on the assumption that his homesickness and ignorance of the game is all a farce. If my assumption is correct, he’s got the House buffaloed. As a pro athlete it should be no surprise he’s one of the four I knew of before the season. Understand, in “real” life you could be thousands of miles away and still use Skype and other kinds of technology to connect with your loved ones...but not in the BB House. Although I’m leaning more toward your explanation of the Skanky Hos who throw themselves at the athlete’s feet to make them “forget” about their wives...

JAMES – Casting six women (plus Ross) against four "men" makes this season a Herculean task for a male winner, but if anyone has a shot, it would be James. I’m thinking he has already connected with the non-black sista portion of the female alliance and it essentially bought him more time. But the deck has been stacked against James and the other male HGs.

MARK – Third of the four I knew of. I did not know his real name, but I knew him because my 10-year old niece had a crush on him as the front man for Sugar Ray. Fortunately, my niece has grown up since then...too bad the same can’t be said for the idiots Production casts for these shows. Mark’s selection just serves as par for the course.

KESHIA – If not for her association with the racist Omorosa, I would have placed her a couple positions higher. And I agree, I did not like that whole exchange with Shannon. Omorosa will be an appetizing meat shield for the whole game, so unless Keshia can win POV (which is doubtful) she’s in deep do-do for the next eviction.

OMOROSA – Bigot racist. If some white HGs bonded and called themselves the “Caucasian Couple” you’d have every black activist picketing outside the CBS Studio and sponsors being pressured to pull out. Double standard to the most pitiful extreme. Only reason she’s not dead last is because she is making a proactive effort to play the game...even though her approach has me labeling her a “trash.”

BRANDI – I wonder if these HGs know the evicted players are NOT being sequestered and are able to go home and watch all the prior and future episodes before they cast their votes? I’m suspecting they know...which makes this bitch’s DR confessions not only obnoxious and pathetic, but downright stupid!

EVICTED

CHUCK – The last of the four celebrities I knew before the game. As much as I appropriately contend that age is the greatest divide in Reality TV, I’m not so quick to blame Chuck’s age on his eviction. I don’t think anyone on the show is 50+ and I believe Marissa, Mark, Brandi, Shannon and Omorosa are all in their 40s as well as Chuck. Although his eviction does not come as a surprise. Being a “real” male makes you an endangered species this season, and even by his own admission, came up short on his social game.

Posted by michel2 on 02-12-18 at 08:19 PM
Thanks for joining in. I watch the Olympics also but they show so many replays that I find time for BB and TAR anyway.

Keisha played the role of "Rudy Huxtable" in the Cosby show. She was in grade school back then.

Isn't it fun that our lists match so well?! Such rarities have to be underlined.

Thank you also for the precision on Chuck's age. I was only going by looks and I thought he had to be 10 years older than the next but Mark is actually older!!

Posted by Aruba on 02-12-18 at 09:06 PM
If it was only once a week like Survivor, I’d probably attempt to split the viewing with the Olympics and NHL. But no way will I be able to juggle that with three episodes a week.

I do recall on the Premier mention of Keisha being a character on Cosby, but I never watched the show so had no idea what her character name was.

Not only is the ranking similar, we are on the same page WHY we have them ranked where they are. I guess being celebrities all the HGs at the very least have heard of each other and with the season so short they have little choice but to fire away guns loaded early on. That type of straight-forwardness leaves little room for subjective opinions among us bashers. Only opinion I see up in the air is whether Metta is truly putting on an act or is he really that clueless?

WOW, Mark is older than Chuck!? I would have never thunk it! There lies the difference between cosmetic surgeons working on Mark’s face and ranked UFC fighters working on Chuck’s.

Posted by michel2 on 02-12-18 at 10:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-18 AT 10:25 PM (EST)

Take this advice coming from a Montrealer: The NHL is not worth watching before spring.

>Not only is the ranking similar,
>we are on the same
>page WHY we have them
>ranked where they are. I
>guess being celebrities all the
>HGs at the very least
>have heard of each other
>and with the season so
>short they have little choice
>but to fire away guns
>loaded early on. That type
>of straight-forwardness leaves little room
>for subjective opinions among us
>bashers. Only opinion I see
>up in the air is
>whether Metta is truly putting
>on an act or is
>he really that clueless?

Yes, but we usually have complete opposite view of these hamsters so it's refreshing to see the similarities

>WOW, Mark is older than Chuck!?
>I would have never thunk
>it! There lies the difference
>between cosmetic surgeons working on
>Mark’s face and ranked UFC
>fighters working on Chuck’s.

Yes, according to wiki, McGrath was born in 68 while Chuck was in 69. You made me laugh with that last remark. I guess plastic surgery beats knuckles surgery!

From is DR interviews, it's evident that Metta doesn't have a clue about the game.

Posted by Aruba on 02-13-18 at 08:04 PM
>Take this advice coming from a
>Montrealer: The NHL is
>not worth watching before spring.

With the HABS 10 points off the final playoff position and needing to leapfrog five teams to even get into the picture, I can understand a Montrealer waiting until springtime to decide whether to watch the NHL (if at all.) LOL!

All kidding aside, ever since my uncle and father brought me to my first hockey game in the “World’s Greatest Arena” (Madison Square Garden) at age five, I’ve been hooked. In his younger years my uncle had aspirations to be a pro hockey player. Hockey has, and always will be, my favorite spectator sport.

>From is DR interviews, it's evident
>that Metta doesn't have a
>clue about the game.

Generally, confessions are a good source to get the real scoop on the game or about an individual player. But with the format this season where all evicted HGs will be Jurors who are privy to all confessions prior to casting their votes, not sure an astute gameplayer will give a completely honest confessional or one a voter might perceive as self-centered, in-your-face, or downright mean.

That format notwithstanding, if Metta is a bona fide lard brain and as clueless as you contend, then your low ranking would make more sense than my middle-of-the-pack placement.

Posted by michel2 on 02-13-18 at 09:29 PM

>With the HABS 10 points off
>the final playoff position and
>needing to leapfrog five teams
>to even get into the
>picture, I can understand a
>Montrealer waiting until springtime to
>decide whether to watch the
>NHL (if at all.) LOL!

I believe most Habs fans know that there won't be any significant Hockey here this season. Fortunately, I'm not a Habs fan, haven't been ever since they hired Lemaire as coach back in the 80s and he imposed his defensive trap. I mean that there isn't ANY hockey worth watching anywhere before the post season starts.

>All kidding aside, ever since my
>uncle and father brought me
>to my first hockey game
>in the “World’s Greatest Arena”
>(Madison Square Garden) at age
>five, I’ve been hooked. In
>his younger years my uncle
>had aspirations to be a
>pro hockey player. Hockey has,
>and always will be, my
>favorite spectator sport.

Funny, I'm more of an NFL and MLB fan! While MSG is certainly #1 overall, there was no place in the world like the old Montreal Forum to watch hockey. It was like Old Yankees' stadium for baseball, Lambeau for Football.

>Generally, confessions are a good source
>to get the real scoop
>on the game or about
>an individual player. But with
>the format this season where
>all evicted HGs will be
>Jurors who are privy to
>all confessions prior to casting
>their votes, not sure an
>astute gameplayer will give a
>completely honest confessional or one
>a voter might perceive as
>self-centered, in-your-face, or downright mean.

You should tell that to Brandi!!

>That format notwithstanding, if Metta is
>a bona fide lard brain
>and as clueless as you
>contend, then your low ranking
>would make more sense than
>my middle-of-the-pack placement.

He had no clue about the "backdoor", he thought he was voting to keep Chuck in the game when he voted for him and he hasn't talked strategy with anyone. If it's an act then he's a great actor. In this case however, I believe he is who he is!!

Posted by kingfish on 02-12-18 at 02:32 PM
I can't argue too much with either list, although I would put Omarosa last for the dominating method of play witch will probably earn her immediate targeting, and Keisha second to last for thinking a two black woman alliance is a really good and subtle idea. I'd put Ross on top because of his intuitive grasp of the alliance formations and of the game in general.

But there are a several things that stand out.

First, we may make fun of Metta's thinking that a vote for Chuck was a vote to keep him, but I think Chuck also thought that, as evinced by his final plea in which he exhorted the others to vote for him. Sadly for him, they did.

Second, it's interesting that celebrities behave just like all the other hamsters that have been in the BB house. The conversations, the strategizing, the hurt feelings, all the same.

Third, I suspect that Omarosa's asthma was a ploy. Asthma sufferers usually (if not always) carry an inhaler and pills with them in case of an attack, it's just part of the life of an asthma sufferer, and going for them instead of waiting at the diary room door for help would be the first thing a real attack sufferer would go for.

Kudos to her though, because after being eliminated from HOH comp, that may have been the only way for her to generate sympathy which might help her stay in the house. I don't think anyone would accuse her of not being a quick thinker.

Posted by michel2 on 02-12-18 at 08:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-18 AT 08:29 PM (EST)

Thank you for your input.

>But there are a several things
>that stand out.
>
>First, we may make fun of
>Metta's thinking that a vote
>for Chuck was a vote
>to keep him, but I
>think Chuck also thought that,
>as evinced by his final
>plea in which he exhorted
>the others to vote for
>him. Sadly for him, they
>did.

Because it happened after the vote, I think that's more for week 2!!

>Second, it's interesting that celebrities behave
>just like all the other
>hamsters that have been in
>the BB house. The conversations,
>the strategizing, the hurt feelings,
>all the same.

It's even stranger considering that they either knew each other or had heard of each other.

>Third, I suspect that Omarosa's asthma
>was a ploy...

I imagine a normal cast member would have been taken out of the game if they really required overnight stay in a Hospital. But BB certainly wanted more of her insider info on the White House.

>I don't think anyone would
>accuse her of not being
>a quick thinker.

I didn't know her but she does seem smart... Misguided but smart.

"And Keisha"
Posted by kingfish on 02-13-18 at 04:56 PM
And Keisha. If she was so concerned about her 1 yo, why did she agree to be on the show in the first place? She knew her child was still breast feeding, and she had to know her production was diminishing. Everything she complained about at the end she knew before she entered the house. This screams give up.

In fact, as a single parent with a toddler, why in the world would she agree to be on the show even without the consideration of depleting breast milk.

I know this didn't figure into the above rankings because it was revealed later, but that kind of false pity party deserved a quick boot, even if she hadn't asked for it. Even more so than Omarosa's false (IMO) pity party (cough).

"RE: And Keisha"
Posted by michel2 on 02-13-18 at 09:31 PM
Totally agree but let's leave some for this week's list. Should we do one after each eviction? I'll try to get one up later tonight.

"RE: And Keisha"
Posted by kingfish on 02-13-18 at 10:05 PM
Reasonable. But us short term memory types sometimes need to post more often.