URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1442
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Week 9 List"

Posted by Aruba on 08-26-16 at 08:47 PM
THANK YOU PAUL!!! Wednesday’s episode was the epitome of what the Anti-Darwin Syndrome is all about. Paul stated so appropriately tell him he was targeted because he’s the biggest threat to win—then so be it. But to spew a bunch of vile crap the accusers were pitifully unable to substantiate pretty much exemplified the Horse’s A$$es he’s sharing the House with.

Here’s the deal Paul...human nature/pride will not allow others to admit someone else is the better player so they create smokescreens to camouflage the real reason the top dogs are targeted. Many times these smokescreens are so dark they prevent even viewers/fans from seeing the Anti-Darwin Syndrome travesty.

NATALIE – The season belongs to Paul; but Natalie was the standout this week. Solid HOH win in a pretty tough comp. Could have felt cheated by the co-HOH twist, but for all intents and purposes she may as well have been THE HOH. Granted being able to manipulate Big Mess’s mind is about as easy as flattening out a wad of silly putty, Natalie successfully got her way to target both of the biggest threat power players in the House.

PAUL – My intro solidified who’s owning the game. Remains the only reason I continue to watch this season. Took matters in his own hands and earned the POV win even though it resulted in his comrade’s demise...maybe. Played the social game hatching his plan to evict Corey as well as could be expected, but James was too sharp and wise for that. I don’t see Paul winning HOH, so unless Victor can pull out another win, the Anti-Darwin Syndrome will still loom large.

NICOLE - Could be the most instrumental reason the two showmances advance to the F4. Fed Natalie/James exactly what they needed to hear to put the plan in motion. Having a major threat like Paul still around and your most hated adversary who essentially sucks keeps her in very good position.

JAMES – He was the swing vote sending Victor out...again...yet unbeknown to him Victor could be coming back in...again. Even so, it shouldn’t matter because James had to be licking his chops when the current HOH comp was revealed. It is essentially his to lose.

VICTOR - Evicted HGs generally end the list but 1) not certain about being evicted to the Jury House, and 2) those who follow deserve to be lower. Anti-Darwin Syndrome exemplified. He emerged victorious in the swinging/spinning endurance HOH comp a couple weeks ago, so he should fare well in this endurance test as well. I predict a major battle between Bridgette and Victor to get back in, but should James win HOH we’ll have a repeat week where either Paul or Victor gets Ant-Darwined to the Jury House.

BIG MESS – Move over Spenser; move over Victoria, I present to you—“Big Mess” Michelle. A possible newest member of the F3 Fraternity possessing similar sad criteria. Last week I stated she will take what’s given to her—but now I cannot even say THAT. She was GIVEN an advantage in the HOH comp and was the first one out! DAMN she sucks!

Last week I also stated the viewers/fans thirst for a long-awaiting female winner has dictated who is getting the care packages. She was the last remaining HG with a vagina able to receive the package crystalizing my claim. And she could not even open the gift! LMAO...DAMN she sucks! So being too pathetic to win HOH with an advantage she was gifted that honor in the package instead. And how did she respond? By allowing Natalie to control her initial nomination and the rest of the House to control her replacement nomination. Sucky players don’t come much more pathetic than this mess.

Alrighty...I’m all buckled up waiting for the spin of ALL spins trying in vain to sell me that this was all planned as masterful game play on her part. LOL!

Yes you’re reading this right...I actually have others lower than Big Mess this week.

COREY – Whereas “Lone Wounded Wolves” like Big Mess are able to advance deep in the game mostly due to osmosis, it is slightly more challenging than dopes who are carried by returning players. Big Mess possibly stealing a win would be Reality TV’s version of the Challenger disaster, but Corey winning could arguably be as big of a catastrophe. Although lacking a vagina and unlikely any male HG would take him to the Finals makes that scenario a moot point. It was sad to see him totally oblivious to the fact his showmance was being bitch-slapped by the season’s dominant player right before his eyes. I would understand if he was indisposed watching someone like Natalie striptease, but being unaware because of his OWN disturbing striptease act was painful to watch.

And yes we have others who are lower...

ZIGGY MARLEY – WTF...did he really want to be there? Dude plays one tune and when the HGs show their appreciation he waves weakly and bolts out of there. Gigs don’t come much more lame than that.

PRODUCTION – They brought back Jesse. Need any other reason to anchor this list?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Week 9 List"
Posted by michel2 on 08-27-16 at 12:37 PM
If Wednesday's episode was an example of ADS you should be forever grateful that it exists!!! Consider the alternative: The real travesty would be to see the other 6 players decide they should just give up and let Paul have the victory.

Consider these examples: The Cubs have been the best team for 5 months but should they be given the World Series title before September even begins? Shouldn't all the other teams look for ways to beat them?

Kris Bryant will probably be the NL MVP but he's batting below 200 against the Dodgers. Would it be a travesty if all the other team studied videos to see how the Dodgers pitch him? Of course not. And it wouldn't be ADS, it would be smart game planning!

What Wednesday's episode really showed was that Paul, despite some qualities, wasn't a great player. More on that later when I have time to make my list.

Posted by Aruba on 08-27-16 at 01:03 PM
The REAL travesty is the other 6 players are in a position where they feel if Paul is in the Finals he would win. That sure does not speak volumes for those six! It is a travesty that Production casts pathetic HGs who pale by comparison to Paul. The question isn't should they give up NOW; the question is where the hell were they for the first 60 days when Paul was out playing them?

Of course I do not feel the other MLB teams should roll over and die...quite the contrary. They should show up and battle head to head against the Cubs. Using your MLB example in a comparable manner, it would be horrible if all the other MLB teams out of sheer fear conspired to purposely try to cowardly discredit the Cubs so Chicago does not even have the opportunity to play their way into the World Series. THAT would be ADS.

Posted by michel2 on 08-27-16 at 05:53 PM
Teams are "conspiring" to prevent the Cubs from winning the WS. That's why you saw all those trades at the deadline. And you can be sure that one manager will call some of his managerial friends on eliminated teams to see how they would defeat the Cubs,

In Big Brother, the name of the game is creating voting blocs to eliminate those that could prevent you from winning. How is it going against nature to target Paul? Those six, even if YOU see them as pathetic, still have the right to play the game. If Paul gets eliminated it will be because he wasn't that good.

Posted by Aruba on 08-28-16 at 10:38 AM
Geez, so now you’ve brought your conspiracy theories to professional sports into the MLB arena. I can’t say I’m the least bit surprised but still amused nevertheless.

I not only hear but I understand what you’re saying about the other six wanting to put themselves in the best possible position to win. And in all honesty Paul himself understands that too. THAT was his point of contention—just say you want me out because you’ll have little to no chance beating me in the Finals.

Instead pride put up a smokescreen that essentially attacked Paul’s character. He had every reason in the world to go around the House and question that. Big Mess’s EXACT words were Paul told “COUNTLESS” lies. Countless? Really! You know what “countless” means—it means SOOOOOOOO many it is inconceivable to come up with a number. Yet when pressed to come up with even one she sat there like a deaf mute unable to. Natalie responded by breaking down into tears of humility. Nicole was unable to also, but did the best of all of them by side stepping the issue…with no help from her Dopey showmance.

I read your list and you did a great job. I’ll post responses/counterpoints later before tonight’s episode.

Posted by michel2 on 08-28-16 at 11:26 AM
What conspiracy theory? I didn't mean anything shady but contenders are making trades for players that could help them beat the Cubs (and everyone else) in exchange of players that aren't in the majors yet. Completely legal but it would fit in your ADS theory.

We all know that Paul has lied on numerous occasions. "No Paulie, I didn't know that they were ganging up on you"... "No Victor, they aren't going to backdoor you", "I'm on your side, Frank"... Do you need more examples because I'll give them to you. The girls didn't need to give him an answer because that would betray their source. Letting him rant was the best course of action.

Posted by Aruba on 08-28-16 at 07:13 PM
Your exact words were “Teams are conspiring to prevent the Cubs from winning the WS.” THAT’S your silly conspiracy theory I was referencing. Once again, any efforts other teams are making to give them a better chance of taking the Cubs head-on and beating them by outplaying them on the field is perfectly fine with me. I would take exception if other teams were discrediting the Cubs organization by smearing them with claims they are unable to substantiate thus not giving the Cubs any opportunity to even advance to playoffs. These are the Bush League tactics the scaredy-cats in the House are employing.

There’s a monumental difference between having to respond to a loaded question where your back is up against the wall and your best (maybe only) recourse is not being totally truthful vs. intentionally and systematically INITIATING a lie or deception. All your examples were the former and EVERYONE in the House had responded in a similar manner during the game when their backs were against the wall. So for others to use those examples as a smokescreen to the REAL reason they targeted Paul was hypocrisy at its worse.

And I’m not asking YOU the viewer (who have the opportunity to see scenes NOT privy to the other HGs) to give examples. It’s those HGs using the tainted smokescreen I was questioning for examples. It’s not that they didn’t need to give answers...it was they were unable to.

Posted by michel2 on 08-28-16 at 07:50 PM
My exact phrasing was: Teams are "conspiring" to prevent the Cubs from winning the WS.

The quotes around conspiring were to show I was speaking tongue in cheek.

I'll give you another example of what you would call ADS but is just smart playing: You must remember the series between the Cubs and the Nationals in the early part of the season when Joe Maddon ordered his pitchers to intentionally walk Bryce Harper time after time. I guess you'd be forced to call Joe Maddon a "scaredy cat" even though most analysts consider him as one of the best managers in the league!

Paul's back wasn't against the wall at any time when he said those lies because he wasn't on the block, the one he was talking to was about to leave the house. In fact, they were totally unnecessary lies.

Funny that you would say Paul's back was up against the wall and not the women when he attacked them very aggressively with his questions. Not giving him an answer was the best way to defuse the situation.

Posted by Aruba on 08-29-16 at 06:58 PM
I find it refreshing that with each example you give, you’re really (unintentionally I presume) supporting my claim.

I’m certain if Maddon was questioned why he gave Harper those free passes he’d be the first to note Harper is the best and most dangerous hitter in the Nats lineup and it was his plan to take the bat out of Harper’s hands. Now if Maddon decided to smokescreen that real reason behind his strategy and discredit Harper in some way without admitting the real reason being his dominance at the plate, I would be as critical with the Cubs skipper as I am with the other HGs for the same reasoning.

And I’ll repeat (hopefully for the last time) Paul himself would have acknowledged that appropriate reason as well. He still would not have been happy, but he would have understood he was being targeted because the remaining HGs felt the need to eliminate the player who’s been dominating the season and would be tough to beat in the end.

If Paul felt his personal character was being compromised he had every right to question his accusers. And if his accusers felt “attacked” then they should have responded as James did when Paul accused the James/Natalie showmance of making all their decisions together. James accurately corrected Paul by saying he nominated Bridgette during his HOH reign against Natalie’s wishes.

All Paul was able to do at that point was swallow his tongue and sit there tight-lipped. But they were unable to.

HGs do not have to be OTB to have their backs against the wall. Numerous times you’re pressed between a rock and a hard place and forced to respond in a less than truthful manner just to satisfy your core alliance or the one in power any given week without actually being one of the nominees.

And no I did not say or infer Paul was the only one who was confronted in that situation. If you read a previous post I said EVERYONE (please note I even put the word in CAPS) finds themselves in those situations throughout the course of the game...which makes those smokescreen insults all the more hypocritical.

Posted by michel2 on 08-29-16 at 11:19 PM
I was always under the belief that your ADS was the act of eliminating the strongest players. It's surprising to hear that you are not against the idea of eliminating the strongest players, that what you hate is the verbiage the players employ in doing so.

So, going by what you said about Maddon, I guess you would have been perfectly understanding and fine with the idea of Koror entering the double eviction episode back in Palau and telling Jeff: "We have a huge numbers advantage on Ulong so we don't need to win anymore immunity challenges. Since Tom is the best player out here, the greatest human being to ever play this game, we will vote him out before he beats us all." Kuddos to you for understanding these games.

As for Paul being the best player this time around, I refer you to this excellent line by Kingfish: "Even if he gets to F2 (he most will need a challenge run to get there) the Jury will be loaded against him."

Paul was good for a long time but the game got to him. He couldn't handle its stress.

Posted by Aruba on 08-30-16 at 06:06 AM
Just because I understand and acknowledge the presence of the ADS it doesn't mean I agree with it and embrace it as you do.

In Palau I would have understood if Koror Anti-Darwined Westman but I would not have been fine with it. I would have really not been fine if they had made up some ridiculous smokescreen to discredit Tom and refused to admit they were scared of his dominance in the game.

In my reply post to Kingfish I disagreed with Paul NEEDING a challenge run to get to the F2 if Victor or Corey wins the next HOH. You can read it yourself so I won't repeat it here.

I have already stated the jury is and will be loaded against any male HG sitting next to a female in the F2. But you really believe Paul would lose to Dopey in the Finals??? Victor would be an interesting pairing. If he won just one battle back or if he came out ahead in a comp defeating all the current HGs at the time to get back into the House that would be one thing. But as disenchanted as some of the jurors would be with Paul would they overlook Victor was given THREE opportunities to play and award him the 500K and title?

Posted by michel2 on 08-30-16 at 06:00 PM
In the animal kingdom, male lions will fight each other to control the pride. There also can only be one queen bee. The examples are countless and the strongest survives. In human affairs, Brains often take precedence over Brawn and that's where you completely miss the boat. ADS doesn't exists because the smartest players manage to keep the numbers on their side.

While Koror would have been smart to eliminate Tom, the fireman used the group's pride to his advantage. We even saw Coby crying because he was so happy to finally be on a winning team. Tom survived because he was smart. Not all strong guys are as smart. In this BB season, Paul was dumb. It's as simple as that.

Like Kingfish, I think Paul is quickly turning into a goat and he'd lose for certain to Natalie, Victor, James, Michelle and maybe even to Corey who would certainly get votes from Paulie and Nicole and probably also from Da, Zak, Natalie and James. The only bigger goat right now is Nicole.

Posted by Aruba on 08-30-16 at 07:28 PM
Simply put, in Reality Shows far more players are targeted for their physical stature or athletic prowess than for their intelligence or brains. I’m sure some exceptions exist, but by and large that’s the way it pans out in this format...so the ADS will always continue to be a factor.

Yes, Tom was more than just strong. He had charisma and leadership ability that made the Koror tribe feel secure. He was even a provider. Remember when he dragged a shark back to camp where they fed on shark meat for a while? It prompted Ian’s classic confessional when he stated what’s next…bring back a hump back whale?! Westman was the complete package.

Unless Big Mess can pull out a POV win tomorrow, I’m not anticipating any F2 involving Paul vs. Natalie, James or The Mess. As much as Paul has rubbed HGs the wrong way I cannot wrap my mind around the concept that a majority of the jurors would give the win to Dopey. I hear you with Victor but will Paul’s gameplay from day one to Finale Night be outweighed by a HG who had three opportunities to the juror’s one? It’s possible but I would not say “for certain.”

And I’m not getting Nicole as the biggest goat. Sitting next to any of the three guys in her F4 I gotta believe Da’Loser, Zakiyah, Bridgette, and even Natalie will come around and vote for a female to win this season. Throw Dopey in the jury and that’s enough. But then again I didn’t think Tai would be the perfect goat last Survivor season but you ended up right with that one.

Posted by michel2 on 08-30-16 at 08:57 PM
I maintain that the strong, athletic types are targeted because they aren't playing smartly. Take two great examples: Vanuatu and One World where the Flab Five and the Misfits took over. It wasn't ADS but smart game play that prevailed. Sarge, a man's whose courage cannot be questioned after doing multiple tours of duty in Irak, targeted the young guys because they were too sure of themselves and didn't bother including him in their alliance. The same applied to One World where Matt's roosters were simply too confident and discounted everyone else. In Marquesas, Hunter was voted because,, by his own words, he wasn't interested in making alliances. I could go on and on and dismiss all your ADS claims. In these games, alliances prevail so even the strong athletic types have to form alliances with everyone else, not only with their buddies.

Nicole is extremely disliked by Da who was the first to call her a snake. Except for Paulie, all the other members of the jury feel likewise. Michelle is also against Nicole and Natalie will soon follow when she realizes that Nicole made a deal with Paul (and Victor).

Posted by Aruba on 09-01-16 at 05:52 AM
And I will maintain physicality and athleticisim will always be the sources for ADS. My fingers would fall off typing all the examples to support that fact. In Vanuatu it was Chris who was responsible for targeting the strong in the all-male tribe because Chris was the one responsible for losing the first IC. He knew he was most vulnerable and put the ADS in motion. One World was another season starting off with same-gender tribes. Weak pathetic Colton (thanks to the HII literally placed in his lap) was responsible for Matt and the stronger tribe mates being voted out. He flat out said because they would be bigger physical threats later in the game.

In seasons that start off with the Battle of Sexes theme we see the ADS. It is not uncommon for the male tribe to purposely target the stronger more challenge threatening male tribe mates because of the notion even the less strong remaining males will still be able to beat an all-girls team.

Despite how Da’Loser felt about Nicole when she became a juror or even how future female evictees may feel about her should they enter the Jury House, at the end of the day, or more specifically on Finale Night, when the rubber meets the road and it’s time to put the keys in the voting turnstile, most (if not all) of these female jurors will vote for a female this season should she be sitting next to a male in the Finals. I firmly believe that.

"My List:"
Posted by michel2 on 08-27-16 at 06:56 PM
The Good

1- Natalie: It took me a while to realize it but Natalie is playing a very good game. She is using her flirtatious nature to completely bamboozle the House. At first, it wasn't game play: She was attracted to Paulie and jealous of Zakiyah. When she saw that the guys had an alliance, that Paulie couldn't be trusted but that James wasn't turning away from that alliance, she pried him away by telling him about "unwanted sexual advances" by Paulie. When it looked like her rival Zakiyah could stay in the game, Natalie told her what Paulie was saying about her.

She didn't stop at Zakiyah and Paulie's eviction: When Nicole snitched about Paul going after James, she immediately put the target on him (and Victor). Then she used the Co-HoH twist to put the blame on Michelle. Her manipulation of Michelle was classic: Even if Big Meech wanted Nicole gone, Natalie managed to get her way by saying she'd nominate Victor so that Michelle could nominate Paul, the biggest threat in the game. When Paul got back in the alliance's good graces, Natalie once more made sure he'd be targeted: When she saw him sleeping in her bed, she could have woke him up and told him to go to his room but she preferred the passive-aggressive approach of leaving him there and going to the downstairs bedroom all the while telling James how Paul was detestable.

Then, when Paul won veto, she made sure James would vote for Victor, her nominee, instead of Corey, Michelle's nominee. That would have been perfect without the return of a juror. When Natalie realized that Victor could be returning, was even favored to return, she greeted him like a long lost friend, jumping around his neck and wrapping her legs around his waist. (I wish all cute women would greet me like that when I enter a room) If Victor does indeed return to the game and Natalie feels she needs to get him out again, she'll probably once more tell James that Victor Caliente made a move on her!

2- The Women Jurors: Once I was in a vindictive jury house while playing on-line Survivor and I hated the experience so I didn't think I'd enjoy seeing Paulie's entrance as much as I did. I guess Bridgette's happiness was contagious because I liked seeing that arrogant SOB get his comeuppance.

3- Nicole: Yes, she is a snake or more accurately a snitch, but it is working for her. She and Corey should have been the next out the door but she was quick to get the new HoH on her side. Note that she didn't go to James about Paulie's comments. James would probably have seen through Nicole's plan and dismissed it. Nicole went to Natalie who saw it as a great opportunity to turn two more guys against each other.

The Bad

1- Paul: It's funny that Paul was victimized in part by his own social game: When Paulie threw James and Victor under the bus, he said it to Nicole, Corey and Paul so that means he still wasn't aware of Paul's alliance with the two guys. If Paul hadn't been there then Nicole wouldn't have had any ammo against him. But Paul knew that Nicole was a snitch so he should have immediately gone to Victor and James to let them know about that conversation, pulling the rug under Nicole's feet.

But then Paul managed to turn the tables on Nicorey by confronting Michelle and Natalie. That didn't last long and once more, Paul was victimized because he was playing too hard: His all-night study of the Veto clues exhausted him and he made the incredible social faux-pas of usurping the HoH bedroom.

Now, Paul appears to be in need of a challenge run but he hasn't shown great skills in that department. It will be interesting to see if he turns the game over once more. To do so, he will have to turn the house against Natalie and her minion James. Otherwise, she will notch on more guy on her belt!

2- Michelle: That Co-HoH care package should have been her moment to shine. She had one enemy left in the game but twice she let Natalie and the others influence her in making moves that didn't benefit her. She is still in a good position though: Paul and James will be targeting each other and the returning juror should also be a target.

3-James: It's funny that he told us he didn't want to influence Natalie in making her HoH decisions. The ideal way to play the game is to avoid being HoH but have enough social strategy to be in a position to influence the HoH. A 9 week showmance put James in the ideal position to influence Natalie but, instead, she influenced him! He hasn't even realized it yet but he's been playing Natalie's game, jumping to her defense every time she says that a guy has done her wrong. Chivalry isn't dead but it's about to cost James $500K.

4- Corey: There was an hilarious video montage on Jokers about 11 instances when Corey showed how clueless he was. Unfortunately, I can't find it to link it here. Needless to say that when he can't even see that someone is attacking his girlfriend right in front of him, he isn't the most perceptive person in the house.

The Yo-Yo - Victor: He keeps going in and out of the House! While we didn't see if he's back in the house for more than one competition, the odds certainly are in his favor. He expressed his limitations in the game when he told Julie he was the Brawn to Paul's Brains.

The Ugly - SOB Paulie: I don't know how long is the ride from the BB House to the jury house but it should have been enough to tell Paulie that his only recourse was to apologize remorsefully. Instead, he decided to confront the three women: Dumb. Very, very dumb.

"RE: My List:"
Posted by Aruba on 08-28-16 at 07:00 PM
I have to disagree with you on James. I feel it was good game play for James to bide his time and not intervene too quickly with Natalie’s decision as HOH. As it turned out she came around without his intervention and when she did come around he immediately supported her/his game play decision. His patience paid off and I consider that well played on his part.

As much as I was enjoying Paulie’s proactive play during the first half of the season, I admit it was good to see the fireworks that ensued when Paulie entered the Jury House. And I even was not against the “end zone celebration” as his expense. But hours, perhaps days later (I’m not sure about the timeline) to CONTINUE to “spike the ball” and relentlessly carry-on just exemplified the immaturely and the cattiness of the female jurors.

Da’Loser crystallized what a pathetically obnoxious individual she truly is.

There’s a fine between feminism (I define as a woman who supports equality regardless of gender) vs. Femi-Nazi (I define as feeling the women deserve more than their male counterparts just for being born with a vagina.) Bridgette has been walking that fine line. In the House I regarded her as a feminist...but her actions in the Jury House have teetered on crossing that line IMO.

Zakiyah is an issue within itself. I’m sure she would like to dig up an old DeLorean and find a Doc Brown to install a flux capacitor on the engine so she could go back in time and erase her showmace with Paulie. But that only works in the movies; some shameful mistakes you just can’t take back. Her only recourse now is to play the victim and hopefully garnish public sympathy by having Paulie wear the Black Hat because he is the one born with the penis. Best of luck with that. She can only hope the next time she pursues a guy like a dog in heat he will feel the same way toward her.

I’m not going to rehash my Paul comments on this post already stated previously on this thread, but I think it may be premature to say Paul may need to go on a competition run. Everything depends on who wins the battle-back and who wins HOH. If Bridgette wins back in, then I’ll agree with you that his goose is cooked and this poster will be checking out early for the season. If any of the male jurors win they will have little choice but to have to align with Paul. Both Paulie and Victor are proven competition beasts so Paul could benefit from their wins without going on a competition run himself. Note I purposely did not factor the casting debacles of Da’Loser and Zakiyah as possible returnees for obvious reason.

Posted by michel2 on 08-28-16 at 07:58 PM
If we look back at the "State of the House" before Natalie won HoH, James was in tight with Paul and Victor. Paul and Victor were not going to target James. Nicole and Corey were their targets.

Move ahead a few hours and Natalie puts the target squarely on Paul and Victor, destroying James' alliance in the process. I have to ask you who is wearing the pants in that relationship? I'll give you a hint: It's the cute one.

I thought Da was the only one to show some restraint in that argumenté Also, from what we heard, the mood got much more relaxed after that initial exchange so they didn't continue to spike the ball except when Paulie would initiate it.

Posted by Aruba on 08-29-16 at 07:07 PM
The “State of the House” continues to swift and move contingent on who is holding the power. It’s not so much who wears the pants in the relationship, but more who is wearing the pants IN THE GAME. The answer is the HG earning the HOH power during any given week is given the pants to wear.

Last week Natalie not only wore the pants in their showmance relationship, but also in the House. And deservingly so...she earned the right to wear those pants by winning the HOH comp.

When James was HOH he wore the pants and ultimately nominated a HG (Bridgette) Natalie preferred he did not. When James still proceeded to nominate Bridgette, Natalie respected his power and the pants he wore. James repaid the favor in Week #9 by respecting Natalie’s power and decisions.

And this week the pants are being slipped on by Nicole.

Da’Quitter was the only one showing restraint?! What drinking game were you playing while watching that episode?? Please invite me over Wednesday night. LOL! All kidding aside, by my (sober) observation I thought Zakiyah showed the most restraint. And that would make sense considering most of the pickle she’s in was self-induced.

Actually when you consider how Paulie was ganged up on, I thought he showed more restraint than Da’Quitter and more than Bridgette for that matter. They both formed a tag team on him. As I stated, initially he had it coming, but it got to a point when enough was enough.

Posted by michel2 on 08-29-16 at 11:35 PM
Well before she won HoH, Natalie's manipulations got James out of his solid alliance with "The Executives". James shot his game to hell because of his love for Natalie.

And it's funny that you bought into James' argument about nominating Bridgette as a show of independance! Since his other nominee was Frank, Bridgette was in no danger of leaving so even if Natalie said she didn't like the idea, she could let James have his way because she knew what was going to happen.

I found that Da had some funny comments to make about Paulie. She was much more amused by his pathetic arguments than dishing out insults herself.

Posted by Aruba on 08-30-16 at 06:19 AM
The Executives came apart at the seams because of Paulie's "my way or the highway" self-centeredness. To suggest Natalie was the Yoko Ono and James was the John Lennon is beyond comical. Fact of the matter James would have been no better than #5 in that all-male alliance so if they did advance to the F5 he would have REALLY shot any chances of winning to hell.

When James nominated Frank and Bridgette against Natalie's wishes Bridgette was in danger. Frank could have won POV and taken himself off the block leaving Bridgette extremely vulnerable to walk out the door. There's no way Natalie or anyone knew at the time of nominations the POV comp would be a ridiculously silly Easter Egg Hunt.

Posted by michel2 on 08-30-16 at 06:06 PM
First, let's establish that John Lennon is incomparable.

Now, to get to BB, you must have missed the part where Natalie confronted Paulie about his fake boobs comment. That's really where the Executives came apart. It was during that argument that we heard Paul say he had to distance himself from Paulie and it's also when James started arguing about Paulie disrespecting his girl. While Michelle and Bridgette made cracks in the alliance, it was Natalie who tore it apart.

If Frank had won POV then we would have seen Natalie going to work on James to nominate someone, Michelle most likely, to go up and to be evicted instead of Bridgette. Natalie had no reason to worry before then.

Posted by Aruba on 08-30-16 at 07:18 PM
"First, let's establish that John Lennon is incomparable."

I know, I know; but can't you let this diehard Beatle fan rant just a little?

BEFORE the Paulie/Natalie argument Paul was already distancing himself from Paulie because the week prior during PAUL’S HOH reign he allowed Paulie to get his way to evict Da’Loser in the name of “Friendship.” Then under Victor’s current reign the following week Paulie would not go with the majority to vote out Zakiyah. THAT’S when the Executives came apart. Natalie’s argument with Paulie occurring AFTERWARDS was emotionally driven with no preconceived strategy to break up any alliance.

It’s utterly ridiculous to ASSume Natalie would have controlled James replacement nominee had Frank won POV. And there’s NOOO way the majority of the House would have allowed Frank/Bridgette to stay intact for even another week regardless of whom that replacement would have been. Frank was the obvious primary target, but the objective of that week was to break up those two.

Posted by michel2 on 08-30-16 at 09:09 PM
I guess we can "Come Together" on the Beatles.

As for Natalie, I should "Let it Be" but I maintain that her argument with Paulie was totally planned to break up the guys' alliance. She's "Something".

Natalie may not have controlled James's replacement nom but she would have given him some "Help". Put up Michelle and she'd received votes from Nicole, Corey, Natalie and Frank. That would have at least created a tie and James would have broken it in favor of Natalie's friend because no one really feared Bridgette.

Posted by Aruba on 09-01-16 at 05:59 AM
Continuing your fan fiction illusion that Natalie caused the downfall of the Executives is so silly my response should be “No Reply.” Paulie was the downfall of that male alliance because of his unwillingness to work with the other guys. Natalie’s blowup with Paulie was not strategically planned; it was a case where she processed to “Act Naturally” following Paulie’s plastic boobies comment. Now had it been Big Mess catching Paulie’s wrath, the emotional wreck would have taken the approach of “I’ll Cry Instead.”

Cory would have voted out Bridgette. He was solid with the guys to get her out. Heck, HE nominated Bridgette for eviction when he was HOH as part of the male alliance. Spin all you want, had Frank won POV Bridgette would have been gone.

Posted by kingfish on 08-29-16 at 01:41 PM
I like the good, the bad and the ugly. Besides being a great movie, it does make sorting them out easier.

They are all Ugly, except for Natalie. And without makeup, she's just plain. But she sure transforms with makeup.

So much for juvenile sniping. Except that I will steal that format, mainly because I think Michel hit the nail on the head with Natalie.

Great

Natalie: Michel's right. Beneath that seemingly frivolous poppin-jay cheerleader kick attitude is a serious player. No, this is not just a ploy to fool Michel into arguing with himself, although I think it could happen, he laid out the case for her pretty well.

James: James managed to dodge one bullet by not getting nominated. Maybe the deal he made was a big major BB no-no (when will they ever learn?), but Nicole held up her end of the bargain, so maybe it will work out. We'll see how the VETO goes. I think James' soft approach to influencing Natalie is revolutionary in terms of how most HGs approach these situations. And sort of brilliant also is his recognition that she will make intelligent decisions. Maybe not always because no one is perfect, but she's doing very well, and between them they are sitting pretty.

If Michel contends that James is just very lucky to have Natalie as his partner, I will agree.

These two were made for each other. I predict wedding bells.

Natalie and James are a far stronger team than Corey and Nicole, Paul/Victor don't seem to be able to influence them.

Good

Victor: Victor returned to the twice, after being voted out. Twice. Stunning. Hats off, kudos, and Mazal tov. I really enjoy his presence on the screen. I admit that earlier I didn't appreciate him, but I'm a backer now. Not of his winning, although if he were at F2 he's get some votes, but his Howdy-Doody clown act is pretty good. Teaming up with Paul will probably be his downfall, as it was earlier in the game. Poor old Vic just can't learn from his own history.

Nicole Becoming HoH might be timed pretty well for her, she can break any ties that happen this week. At this stage of the game with just a few HGs left, that is huge. And keeping her word to James might just give her an edge if James becomes HoH next week. If anyone would be inclined to keep their BB deal made word to Nicole, it would be James and Natalie.

Don't quite know how to take her seeming to ally with Paul and Victor, except that she did put Paul up. So I assume for now that this alliance is a sham deal for convenience.

To her credit she doesn't listen to any of the idiotic nonsense that Corey offers in the way of advice.

Bad

Big Meech. Meech, Meech, Meech, I'm still a big Meech fan. She rocks that baseball hat. But I just don't see how she can survive after this week. She has to win the Veto or she's out. She's will surely have at least two votes to evict her, and if there's a tie, Nicole will break it to evict her.

Paul: Paul has destroyed his game. He drove it completely off the rails. He's similar to Da' in that he tries to suppress his basic instincts to react aggressively, but sooner or later he lets loose and goes after anyone that gets in his way. He began the game by manipulating artfully, then working to hedge his bets by convincing whoever his target was that he was their friend. Now he's thrown all that out the window. Even if he gets to F2 (he most will need a challenge run to get there) the Jury will be loaded against him.

Corey: Will someone just lead this cowpoke to slaughter? He wants to use his $5K advantage to make people do embarrassing stuff? Admittedly that advantage is pretty useless, anyone he gives it to has to do as he says, but no one willl accept it if they have to vote or use a Veto in a way that hurts their chances at $500K. Well, maybe Victor? No not even him. If they accept it, it will only be if they were going to do what he wants them to do anyway. So what good is it?

WTF? Ziggy Marly sings one song about Freedom. Totally inappropriate and out of sync with the game, but, at least they got to drink Coronas and sway to the music.

uGLY

Totally agree with Aruba's observation about Jessy. No Mas! No Mas!

Posted by michel2 on 08-29-16 at 05:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-16 AT 05:42 PM (EST)

Thank you for the comment about Natalie. She may not have as much influence as I thought but she's been manipulating James most of the time. Maybe there are wedding bells in their future but it should be noted that James was her third (Paulie was 1st and then Victor) or maybe even fourth choice (Frank?) of showmance!

I wrote my list before Sunday's episode so I thought Paul was in a dire situation but now we know that the game has started to turn around once more. And why did it turn? Because, like I've been writing for a couple of seasons, James is a bad player. There was absolutely no need to tell everyone that Natalie wanted to save Victor and boot Corey, especially not with Corey standing right there and Nicole within earshot. Actually, Corey being there might not have been a real problem because Dopey probably didn't understand the portent of the remark but Nicole certainly did.

You say that the "Final 4" alliance could be a sham and it could be but I doubt it. When they were "The Executives", Dopey was much, much closer to Victor and Paul than to James so he must like the turn of events. Nicole's distrusts of Natalie adds another reason to maintain that alliance.

Another example of James' bad game play was telling Natalie not to go to the HoH room. Even if Nicole had no intention of breaking her word, allies need to talk, need to reinforce their loyalty. Going up only to discuss Nicole's ideas would have been very useful. Maybe Natalie would have sensed Nicole's desire to bounce James' check but how can you read someone if you're not in the room with them?

Posted by kingfish on 08-29-16 at 06:32 PM
It could happen. Under the law that anything can happen in BB (I am tempted to exclude the possibility that Big Meech could survive this week - but I won't, because anything really can happen), the Final Four might be the actual final four.

But, at least one member (Paul) of the final four will throw the others under the bus at the drop of a hat. Victor is more reliable, but he is also a demonstrated survivalist. But what makes the F Four (Stupid name. Was this a Corey-ism?)a possible sham is that I think Nicole could be cold bloodedly amusing herself toying with Paul and Victor. I think she's as likely as Paul to junk the alliance. She's a vet and has been screwed around before, and I think she's well aware that she needs to look out after herself. She IMO will not mind dumping Corey near the end either if she thinks he will win jury votes. Not saying that she's actually smart enough to figure out how to do the final maneuvers, just that she's ready to be ruthless.

At the time I though that was a bad idea ((James and Nat not going to HoH) too. And maybe it wouldn't have changed the game. But it can't be denied that it wasn't a bad decision, and that he might have been absolutely correct in his judgement that they would be arousing doubt about their mutual trust agreement. Because it worked out just as he reassured Nat that it would.

BTW, it's becoming clear that Paul would be the best goat of the bunch. I wonder if he will realize that, and cool his heels till the end?

Posted by michel2 on 08-30-16 at 06:12 PM
We heard Nicole say she wanted to go with paul (and victor) so it didn't work out like James said. And I'm not saying James and Nat should have gone to the HoH room to ask if they were safe but simply to ask about Nicole's plan and how she wanted them to vote.

As for goats, I agree that Paul would likely lose most combinations but I still think Nicole the snake is the biggest goat of all. Besides Paulie, Dopey and maybe Bridgette, I don't see anyone voting for Nicole.

Posted by kingfish on 08-31-16 at 08:28 AM
It did work. Nicole kept her word. James said that he trusted her to not break their agreement, and she didn't. Rendering all other approaches and associated theoretical outcomes moot.

Booouuut, actually, now that the noms have been made, I think the two of them should start spending all waking hours talking and socializing with Nicole and Corey. A good time for innocuous pranking by James on Paul. We've seen how Paul gets when he sees his supposed allies schmoozing with the enemy, and this would be a great time and a great way to get under his skin. And maybe allow Paul to get Paul booted.

I agree about Nicole. The worry there though is that she's a girl, and there will be at least four, probably five, girls on the jury, with four of them having had a lot of time to decompress, drink a lot of wine, become female chauvinists with Paulie around, and soften bad feelings toward Nicole. I think it's unlikely that Paul will get any votes from anyone except Paulie and Corey.

Posted by michel2 on 08-31-16 at 01:58 PM
In the short term, yes, it worked but remember James compared their alliance to a mariage where you don't ask your spouse if she has been cheating on you. Guess what? Nicole's escapade with Paul (and Victor) consitutes cheating and, if Nicole votes to keep Paul, it will lead to a divorce with James and Nat.

Posted by kingfish on 09-01-16 at 11:23 AM
After last nite's episode I have to admit that I am unsure as to what's going on in Nicole's mind. But she does still seem to be playing the middle of the road game and want to be able to go with either combination depending on how the wind blows, or on who wins the next HoH. So there is still very little chance that Michelle will hang around after tonite.

However, I do think it unlikely that Nicole's tie break vote to keep Paul will lead to a dissolution of the bond between James and Nat. I think that despite the paranoia that is inherent in playing this game, that they will stay together at least till the end of the game.

Corey on the other hand is still thinking about all those nice reindeer, and how it would be just the best thing ever to live at the North pole and make toys.

Posted by Aruba on 09-01-16 at 06:35 PM
Let’s not forget that right from the onset Nicole made it very clear that Big Mess was her primary target. In all likelihood Nicole will break a tie...but in doing so I’m certain she will continue to make it clear that it is a vote to evict The Mess and not to “save Paul.”

James stuck a deal with Nicole to give her HOH and in exchange he and Natalie would be safe for the week. Mission accomplished; primary objective met. Neither is going anywhere and both get to compete in the next HOH. Allow me to repeat that last part...both get to compete in the next HOH.

All the head-banging and pondering whether Nicole/Corey struck a deal with Paul/Victor won’t mean spit. Wanna know why? Even if Nicole/Cory swore on their first born to keep the F4 pact, in the next few hours should either James or Natalie win the next HOH the rest of the House will come belly-crawling to them REGARDLESS of any agreement made this week.

That’s the beauty of having the opportunity to control your (and your alliance’s/partnership’s) fate. James and Natalie have that opportunity because Nicole did not go back on her word to James. Bottom line, should both James and Natalie NOT be able to deliver and fail in their attempts to win HOH, they have themselves to blame should either walk out the door next week.

And should James or Natalie win HOH, I see Kingfish’s point that it is not a given they will target Nicole/Corey. The duo of Victor/Paul would still loom as a threat to be broken up.

Thanks to both of you for the lively thread this week. I have a busy Labor Day weekend so will try to post the next list ASAP. We'll continue there...

Posted by michel2 on 09-01-16 at 08:10 PM
It's so funny how your game relies so much on winning challenges. Yes, James and nat could win the next HoH but do you realize that the only reason they are in a position to do so is because Dopey wrote that there were 1000000000 names on the nice list. Without that dumb answer Nicole is eliminated, Michelle gets a 2nd cane, she most likely wins the comp and Nicole is forced to nominate Nat.

Also, James and Nat would not be in this predicament if James hadn't been so dumb about wanting to keep Victor over Corey.

Posted by Aruba on 08-29-16 at 07:15 PM
Hey Kingfish...I thought we lost ya! A couple comments:

Contrary to both you and Michel I do not believe Paul needs a competition run. Assuming the F4 pact is solid and the majority of the House feels Big Mess has played with enough House money already and cuts her loose this week; if either Victor or Corey wins the next HOH Paul is pretty much safe in all likelihood for the next two evictions without having to win a comp. And in the F4 should Victor win EITHER the HOH or the F4 POV he still advances without winning a comp.

You said you, “don't quite know how to take her (Nicole) seeming to ally with Paul and Victor.” I think I do. With the way the Jury House is staking Nicole would win in the F2 against any of the three guys in the newly formed F4. With the two showmances F4 I do not see her winning next to Natalie. So as Nicole stated in the DR, it’s a move that is best for her future game. And for the reason I just stated, I’d have to agree.

Posted by kingfish on 08-29-16 at 09:14 PM
A Corey win? Seriously?

Posted by Aruba on 08-30-16 at 06:29 AM
I hope you're not thinking I would suggest Corey winning the game and 500K? LOL.

As for the next HOH...why not? He's got three comp wins under his belt. And Paul's comrade Victor has eight. I don't see it a far cry that between those two an HOH win is quite possible allowing Paul to advance without winning himself.

Of course if either James or Natalie win he would be at risk.