URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1441
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Week #8 List"

Posted by Aruba on 08-19-16 at 05:42 AM
I ended up only missing the first 15-20 minutes last night. Don’t think what I missed would have changed my assessments. As much as I embraced Michel’s Good/Bad format this season, truth be told there’s not much good left at this point with these HGs, hence my canine them for this week.

TOP DOG

PAUL – Quite frankly the ONLY “dog” really left remaining. I could go so far to say the only real dog casted this season. Zingbot can tell him to STFU all it wants but Paul is poised to bark his way to a half million.

SHOW DOG

VICTOR - Ever since his impressive three victories in a row to deservingly win his way back into the House, he has been putting on quite an exhibition. But even the most prized show dogs need a master to lead them on a lease. That’s where Master Paul comes in.

POODLE

NICOLE - Cute as a button, but not much going on other than that. Her zing was one of the best the bot came up with in a while.

HOUSE PET

JAMES – Just keep him fed, let him run around, maybe even put up with its silly pranks every now and then, and he’ll keep wagging his tail.

CHIHUAHUA

NATALIE - Not the brightest dogs in the world; tough to train or teach them tricks, but could be nice lap dogs as long as their size-related insecurity issues don’t have them yapping away and nipping at your heels.

STRAY DOG

COREY – Like all strays, don’t know where they came from; not sure where they’re going. They have street savvy so if pushed they can give you a fight (or an occasional comp win as it relates to BB) but not a threat to make a relevant impact at the end of the day.

PET DANDER

BIG MESS – All too often homeowners do not properly address this problem figuring they can “deal with it later” or maybe even the dander will just go away. This is what allows casting debacles like Big Mess to survive longer in the game. In Michelle’s defense, it’s not so much the pet’s fault the dander infests the House as much as the inhabitants allowing it to linger.

TIME TO BE PUT TO SLEEP

PAULIE – Entered the House as a pit bull; left the House crying like a bitch. If Papa Calafiore has any more sons at home he should be sitting on the porch with a shotgun to point at any CBS limo that would dare to pull up on his driveway.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Week #8 List"
Posted by kingfish on 08-19-16 at 12:04 PM
I should wait until after tonight's episode to do this, or even after Sunday's episode, but because I think tonite will be trivial fluff and because Sunday's too far away, I'll lay it all out for you this morning.

Here we go. Except, theme...hmmm...what theme to use...I know, I'll rate them all in terms of whether or not they displease the King. Me. Your boy.

We are Amused (the royal we)

Meech. Except for that cobbled together ensemble she wore in the last eviction ceremony (A blue dress with back strap of bra showing and with blue jean cut-offs underneath - did this ceremony announcement catch her with no clean panties?), she has been looking pretty good lately.

One of the things that I find interesting about BB is the way the show contrasts how the hamsters act in differing, usually opposite situations. And Meech is indeed a contrast. She is crying and pitiful and no media darling when she feels like she is on the outs socially with the others and put up on the block, but she can be witty, pretty, interesting, as well as the right hand of a vengeful god when she is safe.

This week she was safe, and her actions pleased us.

I can't really figure out her game play, but at F2 with the way the jury is building she would get a lot of votes and probably win against most of the remaining hamsters, Natalie excepted.

Natalie We are much amused by Natalie. We would go so far as to say we would like to plant royal kisses on those brown sun baked buns. What a smile, what a rosy disposition, and what backbone. What a girl. I'd place all my winnings from Michel on her against anyone if she were to end up at F2.

Victor. We are amused by the challenge prowess of Victor. He seems like a nice guy, and his nominations, although influenced by others, show some game savvy. He may not get Paulie's vote, but otherwise he's not polarizing and that will help him get votes if he ends up at F2.

James. We are amused by the ravenous little horndog. This season his quest for love has paid off with the ever enticing Natalie, and as a result he's able to shift a little focus onto his game. It's a little off because he's focusing for two, so we'll see if this pays off for him.

But what amused us most was his little bulldog stance against Paulie. Just a honest straight foreword announcement that he was going with his girl, not with the bully.

The little prankster amuses us very much.

We are not pleased, but not overly displeased either.

Paul. He's evolved as the superior player this season. So grudgingly he doesn't displease us. But as long as he wears that inflatable rubber ducky he will not ascend into the upper realm of us amusingness.

We are not especially amused by Paul's trademark antics, hereafter referred to as his shtick. Silly, over the top, not amusing, terrible example to imitate (Paulie, you listening?) but at least it is original with him.

We're amused that he gets into the role as secret service agent with gusto.

Nicole. We are not pleased with her pouts and apparent lack of game play. She's in a minority and apparently has no wish to help herself out of her predicament. But she is the cutest crossing guard we've ever seen, so she does amuse us a little.

Corey. We derive no amusement from the sleeping giant. But we award him the honor of not displeasing us because of his "Buck up and suck it up" speech to Paulie. It was because of that (I assume) that Paulie didn't go out on a more sour note that he did.

We are not amused. Off with his head.

Paulie. The same observation made about reactions to situational contrasts made for Meech also goes for Paulie. In a negative way. When he was safe he swaggered with confidence and seemed to think he could get people to do his bidding, but when he was in the hot seat because of his overbearing attitude, he became a weenie, a sobbing self pitying weenie. And that displeased us very much. We were pleased to send him to the Guillotine.

Then we were even more unamused by his display of affection for the Chinbot. Admittedly she almost dropped her cooter card, and it would have been royally amusing to watch as the giant body guards her husband employs to protect her, dropped him to the floor. But that didn't happen, so there was nothing there to amuse us.

Finally we are extremely displeased by hamsters who lack originality and rip off other hamsters. He's been copying Paul's shtick all season, capped off when he referred to himself as "Your Boy". The real kicker is that Paul's shtick is also unamusing, and a braindead choice for a model.

But that's Paul, braindead. Might as well chop off a useless appendage.

Posted by Aruba on 08-19-16 at 06:50 PM
Don’t rack your brains figuring out Big Mess’s game. She’ll take what the majority (or powerbrokers at any given time) will give her. She started the game shrouded in the security of the Category-4. She had nothing to cry or puke over then. But I’ve said time and time again, a person’s TRUE colors and their real definition of character come to the forefront when the chips are down. Even an emotional mess will not be a total wreck when everything is going their way. Not to just single out Big Mess, Paulie served as a pristine example of one’s true self coming to the surface when dark clouds hover over one’s horizon.

But I will hand it to Paulie he was DEAD ON when he suggested during the Chenbot’s interview that a female emotional wreck who cries will get a ton more mileage than some sissy boy shedding the same tears.

The one no-brainer I got from last night during the visit to the Jury House is the only real criterion needed for those three Jurors is having a vagina. Simply put, if you do…you’ll get their votes. Heck, you could resurrect the angelic body of St. Francis of Assisi and seat him next to the corpse of Lizzie Borden and the Hatchet Women would get each and every one of those three Jury member’s votes.

IDK, I guess it’s just me but I am quite amused with Paul. I mentioned before but will confirm now if Paul does not advance to the F2 I will not stick around to the bitter end of this season.

Posted by kingfish on 08-19-16 at 07:38 PM
I had an internal bet that the mention of Meech's allegedly dirty panties would be the focus of at least part of your response.

I lost to myself. Oh well. I'm a cowardly loser anyway.

As a Paul devotee, you might keep checking in on Ebay after this season, his rubber ducky might come up for sale.

Posted by Aruba on 08-21-16 at 11:40 AM
I was on the fence whether to use Michel’s Good/Bad format for one more week. And if I had I would definitely have stated under Good for “Pet Dander” Michelle “It’s a good thing Michelle wore panties during Paulie’s live eviction.” I really didn’t catch a long enough look to notice if they were dirty or not.

As for EBAY listing BB18 props…I’m certain Michelle would bid more bucks for Michelle’s “dirty panties” than I would for Paul’s rubber ducky.

Posted by kingfish on 08-21-16 at 12:03 PM
Coincidentally, after reading your post I was on the fence for going a dog theme, such as "Best in show", "Won't stop humping my Aunt" and "Sucks dog Truds".

Posted by Aruba on 08-21-16 at 02:14 PM
And now that Friday's episode has aired, how about "Allowing your dog to continue to poop in the House" with the re-re-re-re-emergence of Jesse.

Posted by michel2 on 08-21-16 at 01:26 PM
If you mean me, I have to point out that my name is Michel. In French, Michel is a guy's name, the equivalent of Michael. I thought you knew. Michelle is a women's name in both French and English.

As for bidding, I don't collect reality TV memorabilia. But for the record, she was wearing cut-off jeans.

Posted by Aruba on 08-21-16 at 02:19 PM
You know I knew. HaHa. When typing your name I was getting ahead of myself thinking of Michelle's dirty panties Kishfish referenced and typed the extra "le" prematurely.

I thought when Paulie dipped Big Mess for her good-bye kiss it was her panties that were exposed. If they were cut-off jeans they were the highest cut-offs I've ever seen.

Posted by michel2 on 08-19-16 at 11:28 PM
I really like your list, your Highness even if I think you need to acquire the taste for Paul.

Yes, wearing that rubber ducky is irritating as a viewer but it is amusing the other players so it's an effective schtick. It's funny how those schticks can influence people and I suspect Paul isn't doing it only for the cameras. I remember two separate on-line games I played where I got very, very tired of someone's schtick. I thought everyone else was thinking like me but when Isuggested it was time to end their game, they ended mine instead!

I have a question regarding this sentence: "I'd place all my winnings from Michel on her against anyone if she were to end up at F2..."

I thought you owed me money By my count, I won 5 (units undetermined) when Bridgette found out Frank had nominated Bronte but lost 1 when she didn't turn on him. If I'm wrong then let me know because I'd hate to be seen as someone who doesn't pay for his bet...

Should we say double or nothing on Natalie NOT winning this game

"My List"
Posted by michel2 on 08-19-16 at 11:14 PM
Yeah! an early list. Or should I say: Woof! woof!

My list will be simple, going from Top Contender to Least Likely.

Top of the Heap

1- Paul: He started in the wrong alliance but his moves have brought him to a great position. I think he'd even get Paulie and Corey's votes in the end. The game is simple: Work with everyone, don't offend anyone, don't win too many comps and get close to every HoH to influence their nominations. Paul has done it as well as anyone in the history of this game but the job isn't finished. He could get complacent. He's already going overboard with his schtick but the Houseguests seem to enjoy it.

2- Michelle: The only opinions that matter are the jurors' and they were unanimously impressed by Michelle's speech. No, it wasn't because she was a woman, (they said nothing about Nat or Nicole) it was because she said exactly what they wanted to hear and that is the most important factor for the final vote. Paulie, as far as I know, isn't a girl and he called Michelle the manipulator. Even Julie said she was "instrumental in changing the course of the game." Aruba sees fleas but the truth is that she's doing exactly what she needs to do to have a shot. Also, I really liked the way she embraced her zing.

3- Victor: From what we saw, Victor didn't gloat too much in front of Paulie and Corey, leaving most of it for the DR. That means he could get their votes in the end but I don't think he'd stand a chance over Paul who not only masterminded the whole game but also has been in the House all along. The canyon that separates Victor and Paul was evidenced when Victor said to Paul: "You are my wole social game."

4- James: He still isn't very good at the social game but he's better than most in this house. I liked seeing him standing up for Natalie. He did however make a huge mistake in his social strategy: Taking the $5K and forcing Victor to take the veto from Paulie is something that won't be forgotten. A good social player would have said something like: "Victor, you won the comp so I'll take the veto from Paulie and you can take the money."

5- Natalie: She showed some spunk when she confronted Paulie and then showed empathy when he realized he was doomed. She has some very endearing qualities but none of them involve strategy.

6- Nicole: Let me get this straight: Corey consulted the 4 other guys when he won HoH and later the veto, he didn't even ask for Nicole's opinion and she STILL didn't know the guys had a thing going. It took the argument between those 5 guys after Victor's nominations to turn that switch in her head. I mean, how blind can she be? Worse is that she was a poor sport during Zingbot's roast. It hurt because it was true but she still should have laughed it off.

7- Corey: I still can't get over his nominations last week. James had to be his target but he went after Bridgette instead. If James had left, I'm not sure that Paul (and Victor) would have risked going after Paulie because they wouldn't have been so tight with the 3 women.

8- Paulie: I'm not putting him in the evicted category because he could very well be coming back into the House. That is a disgusting twist, no matter who returns. Imagine, it could even be Victor if he gets the boot this week. With that twist on the horizon, I really wish that the rats had let Paulie quit. What we saw was just a fraction of Paulie's childish tantrum. Feedsters said he had to be called numerous times to the DR and that he even brought up an aunt that has cancer as a reason to avoid Jury house.

Paulie started the week by saying he would play the veto on Corey and then he winds up taking it away from him. Not only did it show his selfishness but it was extremely bad strategy. Had he kept the unitard and left the veto to Corey, I'm thinking Victor woud have gone for James' $5K instead. Corey would have saved himself, Victor would have needed to make a replacement nomination and maybe, just maybe, James would have been so pissed at losing the $5K that he would have become Victor's target. At least, it would have created tension within the new alliance and given Nicorey a shot later on.

Da, Zak, Bridgette: They all still have a shot but even if I'd prefer seeing Bridgette return, none of them deserve to win.

"RE: My List"
Posted by kingfish on 08-20-16 at 12:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-16 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

Toward the end of the season Aruba, you, and I, (hereafter known as the "Titanic Three" (? - Don't we deserve a name too? Unless anybody else wants to join our friendly fraternité?) we always seem to drift toward common conclusions. But we also always have a few minor points that we see differently.

A perfect example is Paul. We all see him as having played the best game to date. But his shtick (alt. schtick) amuses you and definitely doesn't amuse me. And that inflatable duck is a personal irritation for me, and not so much for you.

And I am not inclined to think that it helps his game. The only possible motive (aside from just being in his character, ugh!) is that win or lose, he is on the list of possible returnees, get his own blog, or to be a guest commentator on future shows. Or whatever. It fits with his game strategy of always hedging his bets.

As to James - Michel is slowly coming around to the dark side but is not quite there yet. Close enough though that I think we are in virtual agreement, but, however as minor as it is, there is at least one point left to discuss.

"Taking the $5K and forcing Victor to take the veto from Paulie is something that won't be forgotten."

Debatable. But allowing Victor to take the 5K is something that will be forgotten. That's just human nature. Fast forward a few days and all that will remain in Victor's consciousness is that he has 5K, not that it was due to James' generosity (or game play, or whatever). James could remind him of it, say during his eviction ceremony at which time 500K would be on the line. Victor would/should/surely will not let feelings of gratitude for 5K allow him to lose sight of the real goal.

Wagers;

I'll accept your recokoning. Which puts me at -4 Alpha Centauri Centavos. I can't accept your proposal, the odds aren't adequate to take into account that there are 7 rodents still in the nest.

I would accept bets at the following odds:

9 to 1 (your 9 to my 1) I take pot if Natalie wins

1 to 9 (your 1 to my 9) You take pot if Paul wins.

I would accept another bet at the following odds:

4 to 3 (your 4 to my 3) I take pot if a woman wins, you take pot if a man wins.

We may have sums left to wager with next season, so put those Centavos (if you end up winning some) aside, they may come in handy.

Late addition to my list:

Cut off his head, put him in the deepest dungeon, then shoot him a few times;

Jessie Please. I can't think of a less desirable prize that a ticket to see him wrestling. So wrong on so many levels.

(I've already lowered Meech on next week's list for her reaction to his introduction).

Posted by michel2 on 08-20-16 at 04:17 PM
I like the name "Titanic Three" for our alliance! (see, that's part of my social strategy: In accepting your alliance offer and the name you've suggested, I let you think that I'm following your lead but I'm already planning to blindside you! )

Yes, we tend asymptotically towards the same players but that's partly because there are less of them to draw arguments. And no matter how few there are in the House, I doubt that Aruba will ever cheer for Michelle!!

I don't enjoy Paul's schtick and, like you, I see it mostly as a way to get a return invitation. But I can see a game value in it.

I say James made an error because we saw that it irritated Victor. James' alliance with Paul (and Victor) is still fragile so why take any risks. Having already won $5K is also a source of envy and it could in itself send James out the door.

As for the wager, how about this: I pick Michelle and/or Paul, you pick Natalie and/or someone else. James maybe? The loser will have to "wear" a siggie saying either "Michel is the Best" or "Kingfish is the Bass"...I mean the "Best" for a month. If neither wins well we won't have to tell anyone that we are both losers.

BTW, I didn't see Friday's episode yet and knowing Jessie makes an appearance isn't a good selling point. But I figure that Michelle and the other hamsters were told to cheer loudly at the dumbass' entrance.

Posted by kingfish on 08-20-16 at 09:57 PM
Since we're betting Centari Centavos instead of the more desirable Wabash Watloos I'll take your bet (with Nat or James), and you are a Swiss coward for not taking my bet.

And since you explained your strategy to me, I'll tell Aruba what you said about his woman. Then we'll have a little something sent to you in the jury house.

BTW, don't worry about those ordinary looking cardboard boxes lying around.

Posted by Aruba on 08-21-16 at 11:37 AM
I’m not a betting man but I will wager (any HGs with boobies…be them real or fake) a female HG wins this season for the accurate assessments I’ve stated in this thread.

If we have an all-male F2, Paul will be our winner. Should Paul and Big Mess make F2, you’re right, I will not cheer for Big Mess. If Paul does not make the Finals I will bow out of the rest of this season so I will not be around to cheer Michelle or any other joke of a HG to “win” the tainted title.

You have my vote for the “Titanic 3.” I’ll even take it a step further and cite CBS Casting as the “iceberg” responsible for turning these Boards into a “sinking ship.”

Posted by kingfish on 08-21-16 at 12:00 PM
So, if you were to join the betting pool for self deprecating Siggie-o-tard, I take it you would go with Paul and Nat? Not picking a winner, just F2.

Michel has Meech and Paul, I have Nat and James.

Posted by Aruba on 08-21-16 at 02:27 PM
No, I will not predict a Paul/Natalie F2. Although we did see Cody make a bonehead decision, I do not think Natalie would take the HG who has owned this season to the Finals if it were her choice. And Paul would be even more of an idiot to take ANY female to the F2 for reasons I accurately stated in this thread.

Yes, I pick Paul for a Finalist but I would need to see who wins the ridiculous SECOND battle back into the game among the first five jurors. So for right now I would go with Paul and a Returnee F2.

Posted by kingfish on 08-21-16 at 04:17 PM
Paul and the Returnee.

Guts.

I think it's odd that no one would pick Victor for F2. I was very seriously considering Vic and Nat thinking that James will throw himself on the sword if he gets the chance.

I agree that it looks like there will be a female winner this season.

Posted by Aruba on 08-21-16 at 06:48 PM
Yes I predict Paul and a Returnee, but that returnee does not have to be Victor because one of the first five jurors will be returning to the game.

Posted by kingfish on 08-21-16 at 09:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-16 AT 09:48 PM (EST)

Yeah, that's what I meant, one of the second round of returnees.

It has to be a single choice, even if it's undetermined right now.

Not a bad choice either, depending on who goes this week, 4 of 5 of the candidates might be desirable as an F2 goat. 2 at least.

Posted by Aruba on 08-21-16 at 11:30 AM
The viewers and fans did not need Rachel to remind us it’s been quite a while since we’ve had a female winner. Quite honestly I agree that it’s about time a female HG takes the title. As much as I disliked the hypocrisy, wailing, and potty-mouthed Vanessa, she would have been an appropriate female winner last season. No such female HGs exist this season.

Nicole simply has ZERO chance. A Natalie victory would be reminiscent of when Jordon won in her inaugural season. Big Mess being given the title would be comparable to if Spencer or Victoria emerged out of the F3 in their seasons and stole it.

It’s not only Rachel and the first three jurors who are hungry for a female winner; I believe most of the viewers are as well. Consequently I do not regard it a mere coincidence two out of the three “Hunger Games” twist winners have been female.

Posted by Aruba on 08-21-16 at 11:16 AM
I was away yesterday and just got back. I see I have some catching up to do. You can apply your patented spin all you wish but those three jurors we saw this past week in the Jury House will NOT vote for a male unless we have an all-male F2.

I’m not surprised those three jurors joined many of the viewers enjoying the crybaby sour grapes antics of Big Mess. Jerry Springer was a very highly rated show in its heyday for the same reason. Many viewers ate up that TV trash like a hungry dog devouring a T-bone steak. (Still keeping with my weekly theme HaHa.) Now because of the physical altercations that ensued on Springer I am not suggesting a perfect “mirror image” between the two, but as far as bringing crybabies and emotional messes to the forefront and giving them center stage the analogy is comparable.

Your keen eye/ear appropriately criticized Julie on DE Night when she told us how “Nicole was kept in the dark,” and within seconds Nicole announces before her vote how she knew Bridgette was the primary target. Now, not surprisingly, that same “keen eye/ear” needs a corrective lense/hearing aid hanging your hat on the same Chenbot stating how Michelle was “instrumental…Yadda, Yadda, Yadda…” when it conveniently serves your OWN purpose. LOL

As for James taking the 5K, he’ll play the Parent Card to make that decision a non-factor. I have NOOOOO doubt in my mind James will say the money is for his daughter… Much like what Derrick said when he walked away with the 5K during his season, or what any HG who has a child does to pretty much get away with it. Anyway I think Victor secretly enjoyed the power of holding both honors during his HOH reign. And with the way the House is divided everyone knows keeping Paulie/Corey on the block was an ALLIANCE decision regardless of who wore the POV after that comp.

Posted by michel2 on 08-21-16 at 01:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-16 AT 01:20 PM (EST)

>... You can apply your
>patented spin all you wish
>but those three jurors we
>saw this past week in
>the Jury House will NOT
>vote for a male unless
>we have an all-male F2.

First of all; why would they vote for a man? The guys used them and then betrayed them, trying to make it an all-male F5. If one woman manages to make it to the end, it will be an outstanding feat in the jury's (and the viewers) eyes. Secondly and despite this, if that woman happens to be Nicole, I don't think she'd get their vote.

>I’m not surprised those three jurors
>joined many of the viewers
>enjoying the crybaby sour grapes
>antics of Big Mess. Jerry
>Springer was a very highly
>rated show in its heyday
>for the same reason. Many
>viewers ate up that TV
>trash like a hungry dog
>devouring a T-bone steak. (Still
>keeping with my weekly theme
>HaHa.)

I never watched Springer because it exploited family drama in a very gross manner. Likewise, I didn't like seeing all those tears from Michelle (or Vanessa last season for that matter) but we are talking about something different here: A player who saw the BS that Paulie and Nicole were dishing out and calling them out on it. If you remember, Michelle shed no tears during her speech. It was what we Franch call a "baroud d'honneur" which is a colorful way of saying a gallant last stand.

Anyway, why are you singling out Big Meech? When she called Nicole a snake, she echoed the words of 3 other players including your beloved Frank. And when she laid it in on Paulie she was joined by Paul, Victor, Natalie and James as soon as they had him cornered. Even if I enjoy most of his game, Paul's denials were particularly embarrassing. A brave man would have told Paulie that he knew in advance that the game had turned and that PP was over.

>Your keen eye/ear appropriately criticized Julie
>on DE Night when she
>told us how “Nicole was
>kept in the dark,” and
>within seconds Nicole announces before
>her vote how she knew
>Bridgette was the primary target.
>Now, not surprisingly, that same
>“keen eye/ear” needs a corrective
>lense/hearing aid hanging your hat
>on the same Chenbot stating
>how Michelle was “instrumental…Yadda, Yadda,
>Yadda…” when it conveniently serves
>your OWN purpose. LOL

I was glad to hear Julie being contradicted because I hate reality TV's unreality. How often have we been sold a "gigantic blindside" only to find out that the player knew he was getting voted out? Even John's epic "blindside" in Survivor Marquesas was a lie because he had been told how the vote was going to unfold. With the Live Feeds it's harder to edit a false blindside on BB but with the blackout before DE night, they tried to sell one but got egg on their face instead!

In trying to find a contradiction in my reasoning, you are forgetting one very important detail: In the first example, Julie was contradicted by a player. In the second, Julie said exactly the same thing that Da, Zak, Bridgette and Paulie had said about Michelle's role. If you remember, last week, you refused to give an ounce of credit to Big Meech for changing the game when I was saying she played a part. The players and Julie agree with me so you have nothing to say but step in line!

>As for James taking the 5K,
>he’ll play the Parent Card
>to make that decision a
>non-factor. I have NOOOOO doubt
>in my mind James will
>say the money is for
>his daughter… Much like
>what Derrick said when he
>walked away with the 5K
>during his season, or what
>any HG who has a
>child does to pretty much
>get away with it. Anyway
>I think Victor secretly enjoyed
>the power of holding both
>honors during his HOH reign.
>And with the way the
>House is divided everyone knows
>keeping Paulie/Corey on the block
>was an ALLIANCE decision regardless
>of who wore the POV
>after that comp.

Are you trying to play Nostradamus? You may try to read Victor's mind but I prefer to listen to his words. In the DR, Victor expressed his irritation at James' action. Maybe the $5K won't hurt James but I say that it's preferable to keep your eyes on the final goal which is the #500K.

Posted by Aruba on 08-21-16 at 02:10 PM
It is very, very rare nowadays for a title to be regarded as an “Outstanding Feat” with all the twists, turns, and expect the unexpected that can impact the game. I’ll stick by my guns and go on to say with the first three jurors in the House if a male wins this season it will be more of an “outstanding feat” than a female winner. Sure you had the five males united at one point, but the Anti-Darwin Syndrome would never allow that alliance to advance to the F5. And I do believe the first three jurors would vote for Nicole over any remaining male HG.

I can count on one hand the number of times I watched Springer, but emotional wrecks taking center stage have become a sad fixture in Reality TV. And I’m not saying Michelle may be the only one feeling the way she does…she’s just a big whining sour grapes poor sportsman. Even Paulie who displayed immature childish gamesmanship took the high road when departing on Eviction Night.

All the spin in the world will NOT allow you to escape your contradiction on this one. You can’t note Julie for making false assessments one week and then take what she says to heart the next. Big Mess is good at taking what’s given to her…but that’s my point…she needs it given to her. And if it’s NOT given to her…then we get to see the emotional wreck she is.

Nostradamus was not a “mind reader.” Yet even if he was, being able to read these feeble minds is no accomplishment worth bragging about. I know what Victor said in the DR which is why I said “secretly” he was probably gloating and is continuing to keep a mental count of comp wins. As for James, I believe you should join Kingfish and I and perhaps it’s YOUR time to “step in line.”

Posted by michel2 on 08-21-16 at 05:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-16 AT 05:12 PM (EST)

Paulie's eviction had nothing to do with your fable ADS. It was simply because Paul couldn't trust him anymore. If Paulie hadn't been such an idot then, yes, the guys had every intentions of sticking together to the F5.

You really need to ignore all of his talk of quitting to say that Paulie took the high road. And, Michelle wasn't a "big mess" on what she thought was her eviction night.

I'm not sure how to respond to the comment about Julie. Are you saying that she never tells the truth? Like Darrah said all these years ago about Fairplay: "Jon's a snake, yeah, and he lies. But he also tells the truth, too."

The Nostradamus comment comes from your certainty that James will not pay for his dumb act. The reading mind comment comes from your assesment that, despite his words, Victor was happy to take the veto.

I've already put James in the "good" category but that's simply because we have a bunch of idiots in the House. In a season with just average players, James would have been evicted on Double Eviction night after blatantly betraying the Executives' alliance.

Posted by Aruba on 08-21-16 at 06:43 PM
You are apparently more fixated on Paulie’s eviction than I am. What I said is a five-man alliance has little chance advancing to the F5 because before only five HGs remain there will be targeting of a strong competitor. I stand by that assessment despite Paulie’s eviction.

I am not disputing Paulie was beating himself up pretty bad when he realized he was a goner, but IN THE END he did not spew his venom at others on Eviction Night as a sour grape name-calling bellyacher. Being a name-caller and a whiner poor gamesman IS being a “big mess” IMO.

What I’m saying with Julie is you will pick and choose when you want to regard her words as truth or not primarily to support your opinions.

My claim that James will likely get a pass and not have to answer for taking the money is based on past history when HGs have said the money would be for their child. No fortune telling needed for that.

If Corey had the compliment of a normal BB week it’s quite possible James would have been much more vulnerable. But needing to make his nominations minutes after winning HOH, I will not criticize him for keeping the game plan his alliance had in motion before the fast forward. I do not recall James playing in the DE POV comp. If my memory is correct you cannot say he would have been evicted because by participating in that POV he could have won instead of Corey and taken himself off the block.

What we do agree on is the bevy of idiots incompetent Production casts each season. I guess the same “idiots” allowing James to make the F7 also allows an emotional wreck like Big Mess to linger to the same point of the season as well.

Posted by michel2 on 08-22-16 at 01:46 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-22-16 AT 01:48 AM (EST)

>You are apparently more fixated on
>Paulie’s eviction than I am.
>What I said is a
>five-man alliance has little chance
>advancing to the F5 because
>before only five HGs remain
>there will be targeting of
>a strong competitor. I
>stand by that assessment despite
>Paulie’s eviction.

Here you are, playing Nostrarubus again. From what we heard, the 5 guys had every intention of going to the end together before Paulie lost Paul's trust by trying to save Zak. Would they have turned on each other? We have no way of knowing for sure but what really counts for our discussion is that the first three jurors thought the 5 guy alliance was unbreakable so they were very impressed by Big Meech's actions.

>I am not disputing Paulie was
>beating himself up pretty bad
>when he realized he was
>a goner, but IN THE
>END he did not spew
>his venom at others on
>Eviction Night as a sour
>grape name-calling bellyacher. Being a
>name-caller and a whiner poor
>gamesman IS being a “big
>mess” IMO.

I hope you realized you spoke too early when they went back to show what Paulie said before his eviction. He threw Victor and James under the bus. The funniest thing is that Paul became a collateral victim!

>What I’m saying with Julie is
>you will pick and choose
>when you want to regard
>her words as truth or
>not primarily to support your
>opinions.

I don't think it's too hard to understand: When Julie tries to sell us BS, I call her out. When she is right, I use her words. But why do you fixate on Julie? There were 4 other people who said the same thing and all 4 are now on the jury! Looking good for Big Meech!

>My claim that James will likely
>get a pass and not
>have to answer for taking
>the money is based on
>past history when HGs have
>said the money would be
>for their child. No fortune
>telling needed for that.

What other people have done in the past has very little bearing on what these hamsters will do. I can't recall the example but I do remember that some hamsters were very envious of someone who went for cash. This time we all heard Victor's indignation.

>If Corey had the compliment of
>a normal BB week it’s
>quite possible James would have
>been much more vulnerable. But
>needing to make his nominations
>minutes after winning HOH, I
>will not criticize him for
>keeping the game plan his
>alliance had in motion before
>the fast forward. I do
>not recall James playing in
>the DE POV comp. If
>my memory is correct you
>cannot say he would have
>been evicted because by participating
>in that POV he could
>have won instead of Corey
>and taken himself off the

Sometimes, you have to think quickly and we all saw Corey fumbling around. I cannot say for certain that James would have been evicted but he should have been on the block with Natalie.

>What we do agree on is
>the bevy of idiots incompetent
>Production casts each season. I
>guess the same “idiots” allowing
>James to make the F7
>also allows an emotional wreck
>like Big Mess to linger
>to the same point of
>the season as well.

The casting department isn't concerned about the intellect of the players because the game is very simple. They aren't aiming for America's next Genius, they are simply casting characters that will draw us in to get good ratings. Since you are still watching, they've done a good job. I think the blame goes more to the people who designed the game and its twists. I don't think we'd be in this mess if they didn't start with the team concept and if they hadn't sent Victor back in the game.

James did more to lose his allies' trust than Michelle so I would have targeted him first. That's why I feel he is lucky to still be around and even in power via Natalie's HoH.

Posted by Aruba on 08-23-16 at 07:27 PM
No. here I go referring to past history again. In 32 seasons of Survivor and 17 seasons of Big Brother we have NEVER had an all-male F5. So to even presume we would this season is ludicrous. There’s a reason for that...before we get to the F5 the power players and major threat(s) will be targeted, i.e. Anti-Darwin Syndrome. Like DUHHHHH, of course the three female jurors would be “impressed” by female Big Mess. LMAO.

>I hope you realized you spoke
>too early when they went
>back to show what Paulie
>said before his eviction.
>He threw Victor and James
>under the bus.

Campaigning to try to save yourself is far different than standing up on Eviction Night (when you believe you’ve lost) and being a sore-losing name-calling sour grapes crybaby.

>I don't think it's too hard
>to understand...When she is right, I
>use her words.

You’re right, it’s not hard to understand. You’ll say Julie is “right” when it conveniently serves your purpose.

>I do remember that some hamsters
>were very envious of someone
>who went for cash.
>This time we all heard
>Victor's indignation.

Not when the hamster made the others believe it was for their child. And even when they didn’t have a child, Boogie not only swiped 5K, he also had a Caribbean vacation, a plasma TV, AND a brand new car waiting for him BEFORE the vote for the championship...and who was crowned the winner of BB All-Stars? What I did hear was Victor’s recent DR confession when he announced the EXACT COUNT of how many comps he won (8.) Don’t tell ME he’s not secretly enjoying his wins.

>I don't think
>we'd be in this mess
>if they didn't start with
>the team concept

HA, if not for the “team concept” Category-4 would not have carried Big Mess as far as she got. Big Mess is Spenser without a beard and Victoria without hair extensions.

Posted by kingfish on 08-23-16 at 09:29 PM
Minor point; Victor has won 7 comps.

Road Kills - 1
Returnee comps - 3
HoH - 2
Vetos - 1

He's actually tied with Paulie in wins if you don't count the competitions for returnees. If Victor goes, odds are one of the two will be returning.

Posted by michel2 on 08-23-16 at 10:41 PM
1- While I know we've never seen an alliance of 5 men making it to the end, how often have we seen an alliance of 5 men? Many Survivor tribes only had 4 men at the start so how could they make it a Final 5?! This time, we did have a viable F5 alliance as late as Final 9 and it wasn't ADS that broke it up but Paulie's bad game play. Had Paulie given in to Paul's wishes and simply booted Zak, they may still be together.

2- Paulie wasn't campaingning to save himself, he said he wanted them to go after James and Victor AFTER he left.

3- I say Julie is right when events prove that she is right.

4- Again, Boogie won because Dr. Will wanted to give his friend a win. Have you forgotten Survivor's car curse? $5K isn't worth a new car but the same envy could be at work. If I'm playing the game, I would have no sympathy for someone because he has children. That would be extremely bad game play.

5- Nostrarubus strikes again. We have no idea how things would have worked out without teams. I'm just saying that the game would have been more dynamic. If that meant Michelle would have been evicted by now, so what? Do you think I care about her? I simply don't share your hatred.