URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID55
Thread Number: 144
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"WTF... Where have *I* been?! I'm up to par now..."

Posted by RosieTX1 on 10-27-03 at 01:44 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-03 AT 02:11 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-27-03 AT 02:05 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-27-03 AT 02:04 AM (EST)

I can't believe I watched this show let alone that I sat here and watched the whole marathon today.

I've never heard of SPike TV, and I don't do reality shows. Discovery channel and HBO were both reruns for me today though, so I happened to fall into SPike TV while surfing the remote.

It's not unusual for the TV to be on for hours on end and I might not even be able to recap what was on, as I work here at the confusser (graphic artist) with the TV on all the time.

But after three hours of the marathon, I found myself fascinated with Matt. Fascinated and a little enamoured. I'm sure I'm not alone. This guy is just plain real. Real nice. Real charming. A real stand-up guy. I even searched the web looking for more information about him... then for contact information..... of course I couldn't find any. By hour 5-7 I was thinking, 'da-amn... i wanna know this guy...'

Geeez.... he's loyal, honest, he has incredible character, i love the way he thinks, he's got a backbone (which is so rare in general these days).... he's got courage, and honor. All this I deduce just from the way he treats people and how he's not afraid to stick up for what he believes in.... I can totally relate to the values he's voiced.... damn... damn... damn... the voice, I realy liked his voice (i listen to TV more than I watch it) and those 'looks' that people make fun of, they're believeable if they're not staged - 'I like a face that expresses vs. one that demands guesses'! And I'm not fond of chocolate either. (bonus!)

Every additional episode of the marathon that played drove more thoughts of / and almost obsessing, outloud once or twice, '*sigh* why can't I meet a guy like that.... <pouting>'

This is what has me surprised.... in my own self.... because i'm not a youngun who gets flippy over TV personalities, musicians, or celebrities.... I'm an indepentent 34yo woman; well grounded who lives happily alone in her own house in Alaska with her dogs, has a great job,and owns her own smallbusiness. I'm not even looking for anyone. But this guy.... I actually had a fleeing (fleeting?) thought or two about what it might be like to stalk someone in PA this time of year. (nah... too much to travel from Alaska...) j/k. Not to mention that by now he's probably out of the league of plain ol' 'girls-next-door', I sure ain't no Molly!

well -- i suppose it's good I caught this all today so I can be sure to watch on Tuesday for the finale'.

I posted this here because it seemed like the right place to say something if I had anything to say, even though I didn't have anything important to say. I'm glad I found this place, cuz you know how girls are... we gotta tell someone! And I don't think I would want to have to reveal this to anyone I know! ;)

Thanks,
Rosie

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"A closet schmo huh?"
Posted by Guppin1234 on 10-27-03 at 04:49 PM
I'll actually miss this show. I started watching it sick till the end because I thought they were gonna really mess with Matt's mind, but they clean up real nice.

Your post will be on NBC World News Tonight, watch for it!

"RE: A closet schmo huh?"
Posted by RosieTX1 on 10-27-03 at 11:40 PM
>Your post will be on NBC
>World News Tonight, watch for
>it!

Mine will be? Why? (OMG and I didn't even do grammar check!)
~Ro
---------------------------------
I fought for the freedom to speak and speak I shall!

"RE: WTF... Where have *I* been?! I'm up to par now..."
Posted by Jpod5 on 10-27-03 at 05:11 PM
The least you could do is search the pittsburgh classifieds and find him a gay friend, no?

"RE: WTF... Where have *I* been?! I'm up to par now..."
Posted by Indigo Kid on 10-28-03 at 07:13 PM
I know. Joe renews my faith in humanity. Joe brings me joy. Joe brings me laughter. I thought at first that it would be a train wreck with how mean they would be to this guy. But now, I have come to appreciate the way the show is made by the cast, producers and crew, to HIGHLIGHT joe's best qualities, and he has some great ones. He's awesome. Joe is truly blessed, and I certainly hope he realizes this after this show. He's a really great guy. I'm glad he dropped out of law school. Joe deserves something better than being a lawyer.

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR JOE:

If you're out there, reading this post. FOLLOW YOUR HEART!!!! You will find the way. (I know it is corny, but if there is anyone out there who should follow his heart, it is Matt Kennedy Gould.) Do something great, cause you are great!

Lots of love,
Dan