URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1439
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Week #7 List"

Posted by Aruba on 08-13-16 at 09:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-16 AT 06:08 AM (EST)

I categorized this week’s hamsters to commemorate the XXXI Olympic Games.

GOLD MEDAL

PAUL
GOOD – The Gold Standard for this season. I’ll even go so far to say if/when Paul is ever evicted I’ll stop watching BB18. Simply put, he’s taken the game away from Paulie...and it’s not because of some silly edit. Paul has earned that honor. Paulie ticking off the other HGs, specifically the females, pretty much assures Paul of the half mill with a PP F2.
BAD – The greats of the game, i.e. Dan, Derrick had the ability to stay low key when needed. Paul clearly lacks that discipline. Please win the next HOH so the robe can replace that juvenile rubber ducky.

SILVER MEDALS

COREY
GOOD – On Thursday a week was compressed into an hour and Corey owned that hour. OK, the HOH was goofy (had to have something that would play out quickly) but he brought it big time in the POV comp. Could have been a Bitter Betty and put up James/Natalie for James cancelling his vote, but he stuck with the program.
BAD – It was painfully hilarious when he wanted his Bros to hold his hand and remind him what that program was.

VICTOR
GOOD – Hail to the Victor! Whereas the DE HOH was, as Michel loves to label “Mickey Mouse,” the HOH to kick off the week was anything but. I’ll stand by my statement last week that the competition was one that favored Natalie or Zakiyah, yet Victor wins it in impressive fashion. Continued his competition prowess by finding two of the five in the Hide & Go Veto. The only HG who could have got vengeance on his HOH reign was Michelle...and that wasn’t happening.
BAD – There’s no competition he can’t win...problem is the rest of the House knows that. If Paulie (the other competition stud) does not advance to the end game he will most surely be Anti-Darwined.

BRONZE MEDALS

NICOLE
GOOD – Deserved to be on the Medal Stand just for maintaining enough self-control to not rip Michelle’s nose ring from her crybaby snot-flowing nostril. As long as Sunday’s HOH comp is not another Easter Egg hunt, she should stay in decent shape. And props for joining Victor as the other POV player to find two of the five hidden pieces.
BAD – Unless this season crashes and burns I do not see a realistic path for her to the F2.

JAMES
GOOD – Got a kick from his DR confessional stating it was HIS name on the Care Package...not Paulie’s. Paulie’s pushiness (coupled with Bridgette initiating the pot-stirring) brought last season’s James out of his shell who prided himself on making big moves. Had to be sweating when Corey turned the Daily (or I should say Hourly) Double, but came out of it unscathed.
BAD – Last season I sort of understood why he trashed the joint; but on Wednesday his repeat performance was obnoxious, moronic and uncalled for.

PARTICIPATION MEDALS

PAULIE
GOOD – Kept his competition run going with a POV win AND is aligned with a competition strong alliance. Always the most proactive way to advance.
BAD – “Friendship” is NOT a one-way street. His “my way or the highway” approach could possibly jeopardize his run to the Medal Stand and appears to have eliminated any chance of bettering brother Cody’s BB16 finish. The best I see for him is being the ultimate “participant” and watching the HG next to him win the game.

NATALIE
GOOD – She still has Jamesy looking out for her. Should they both go up I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if James took the sword for her.
BAD – I want to hope her intentions for James are sincere on a personal level. Should she NOT establish a long-term relationship with him after the show, I’ll pretty much regard her as a game show Ho.

THAT PATHETIC FAN WHO RUNS ON THE FIELD AND DISRUPTS THE GAME

MICHELLE
GOOD – They say laughter is healthy. The more I watch her wail and cry, which is very frequently, the healthier I get.
BAD – I “enjoyed” both of her eviction speeches as much as I “enjoyed” Hope Solo’s post-game pathetic and inexcusable lack of gamesmanship when blasting the Swedish team who eliminated the USA Soccer favorites in the Olympics. There’s a name for people like that...SORE-LOSER. The kicker is she didn’t technically “lose” on Eviction Night; so this joke of a player couldn't even get THAT right.

DISQUALIFICATIONS

ZAKIYAH
GOOD – Killer top she wore during Julie’s exit interview.
BAD - I nailed it last week when I stated, “Will go as far as Paulie will take her...” Paulie chose not to use his POV so that’s as far as this lame player went.

BRIDGETTE
GOOD – Now THAT’S the way you exit the game...go out swinging through your gameplay, not by being a pathetic crybaby. Kudos for having the game savvy to know she’d have zero shot being the last HG standing among the big boys so I do not criticize her for shaking things up to advance to the end game with competition inept HGs.
BAD – She went from the “Spy Girls,” to Frank to the weak side of the House. Her choice of alliances couldn’t have been any worse.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Week #7 List"
Posted by michel2 on 08-14-16 at 04:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-16 AT 09:53 PM (EST)

Bravo! I like your categories, Aruba. Your list on the other hand...

Since I am Canadian and our Olympic Commitee wants us to simply count medals and forget about their metal, then I will do it slightly differently:

The Medalists

1- Paul

The Good: The guy is playing an extremely solid game. His only weakness was his blind spot for Paulie but now that he's realized that Paulie wasn't going to scratch his back, he is ready to end the PP bromance. That is simply great news. Also, telling James to cancel his vote was pure genius. They only needed 3 votes and had them without his so there was no need to reveal his hand. It enabled him to influence Dopey after the big guy won HoH.

The Bad: Going around with the plastic floater is pandering to the audience. In reality, that's a criticism of production more than Paul: By having returning players on a regular basis, the new players are much more inclined to play for the cameras. When it really was a "once in a lifetime" experience, they concentrated on the game, not the show.

2- Michelle

The Good Now that's the way to make a speech. Forget the "thank you mom", "I enjoyed my time in the game", "I hope you keep me" or "do what's best for your game". Go for the Jugular! It was also nice to gussy up for us. She looked cute on that nomination chair

The Bad: Racing off to put that blue dress told us she was clueless about the plan!

The Ugly: Aruba's comment Not only was it a cheap shot but it was doubly wrong:

- "Hopeless" Solo herself was wrong in saying that the Swedish women didn't want to play. A defensive game is basic football; the Italian "Catenaccio" for example is legendary. Michelle was right to say that Paulie was running the show.

- Secondly, Solo showed she was a sore loser by insulting the Swedish women, calling them cowards. Michelle was actually telling everyone that Paulie was playing hard and her intent was to help the others, not to be a sore loser. Paulie was the one throwing insults.

3- James

The Good While mostly playing for the audience, he helped turn the game around. He was smart to get Paul's input on the plan because that limited the damage. Having Paul on board, and Victor by ricochet, saved his @ss on the second nominations

The Bad: It put him in unnecessary danger, the wise move being to sit on that advantage but it made for a good half episode. Trashing the house to make the audience laugh is now an old joke.

The Participants

1-Victor

The Good: It seems that everyone is forgetting his challenge skills and the fact that he's a likable guy. Someone could pay dearly for that mistake.

The Bad: He seems comfortable sitting in Paul's pocket. He doesn't have a strategy of his own.

2- Nicole

The Good: Like Victor, she found two vetoes. Unlike Victor, she has her own strategy. And she gave me the best moment of Thursday night: As she entered the DR to vote, Julie told us that Nicole had been kept in the dark all week so she wondered how would she vote. Nicole proceeded to blow the editor's attempt to sell the big blindside by saying: "I know she's staying but I vote for Meech." Ha ha ha.

The Bad: That strategy keeps backfiring because she's giving too much information to the wrong people. The worst is that she has Dopey in her pocket but doesn't even realize that there is a hole in that pocket and Dopey is in an alliance that doesn't include her!!

3- Paulie

The Good: There is nothing good about Paulie.

The Bad: He had his dirty paws in too many cookie jars and it caught up to him. If you want trust you got to give trust and his handling of Paul lacked diplomacy and wisdom. Also, gathering all the guys to talk strategy after Dopey's HoH win was much too evident.

The Spectators

1- Natalie Often between innings or during time-outs, the cameras will zoom in on some pretty women sitting in the stands. They are about as important to the game as Natalie is to this season of Big Brother.

2- Dopey: Wow, Just wow! I am so glad he won some competitions to force his way up in Aruba's list. Never has a silver medal been earned so cheaply. I mean even the substitutes that won medals for competing in the preliminaries for a winning relay did more work than Dopey so I will NOT move him up. The guy didn't even know what Julie meant by "Mumerical Statistics", probably can't even count to 100 and probably simply prefered the color of the "More" side over the "Less".

Even the POV was a mickey mouse challenge: It's like when I play golf: Sometimes I hit it off the fairway and have a good idea where it went but then the rough is so thick that I can't find my ball. Other times, the ball hits a tree and I have no idea where it went but I simply walk right over it and find it. (No problem with bad hits today though: I scored a neat 82!) So with those vetoes: Either you were lucky to put your hands on them or you weren't.

Then Dopey is so pathetic that he couldn't figure what to do with his nominations: James had JUST showed him he couldn't be trusted so why go after Bridget????

Pushed into Retirement

1- Zakiyah: She'll probably let Paulie bone her in the jury house and then she'll hear what he said about her on the feeds!! Will she ever be ashamed...

2- Bridgette I will never call her Bridiot again. While she deserved the sobriquet when she attached herself to Frank, she impressed me as a solo player. She was the first to turn the house against Paulie and that deserves my eternal (or at least until september!) gratitude. However, she pushed Paulie a bit too hard and got the boot instead of Michelle.

Posted by Aruba on 08-15-16 at 07:26 PM
It appears I liked your list more than you liked mine. HaHa

I won’t debate too hard over the nickname “Dopey.” LOL But it wasn’t only his competition wins that moved him up as much as not making what could have been an understandable knee-jerk reaction to make James pay for his advantage decision that occurred just literally minutes from when he needed to make his nominations and ultimately stuck with the program.

We all agree his waffling over those nominations was hilarious, yet I do believe the plan going into DE among the five male HGs was to evict Bridgette. But after James game-changing decision he probably just wanted reassurance the initial plan was still in effect and the target would not switch to the James/Natalie shomance.

I wasn’t quite sure whether James had the option of NOT using the cancellations, but after reading your assessments I guess he did?

Whereas Solo and Big Mess’s comments were cheap and ugly, I would not say I was “wrong“ making that comparison. Solo’s comments toward the Swedish team and Big Mess’s comments toward Nicole were comparable.

If anything is “doubly wrong” it is not acknowledging that comparison AND your comical spin that Big Mess’s reactions have anything to do with skill. I wholeheartedly agree with Kingfish that her survival has nothing to do with any skill playing and she is “a wreck.”

Good call with Paulie having his “paws in too many cookie jars.” A couple weeks ago when the Calafiore’s weighed in on Paulie’s play, Cody (and Papa Calafiore) said they coached/advised him NOT to get caught up in a shomance. IMO I believe this was a classic case of greed where he wanted both to control the game AND a shomance. So now in his attempt to burn the candle at both ends (short of another POV win) he’ll most likely get burned in the middle.

Your final two assessments under “Pushed into Retirement” were great reads.

Posted by michel2 on 08-15-16 at 10:29 PM
I don't say it often but I always enjoy reading your lists. I check in every couple of hours on Friday and Saturday, knowing I'll have some fun comments to read.

That being said, I feel it's my role to give the counter-point.

Take your point about Dopey: I think it's precisely because he didn't have a reaction to James' betrayal that he should be kept low. The program was DOA and it should have been evident. It's probably the best example of Paul's incredible social strategy that both Dopey and Paulie thought there was still a program to follow. Paulie saying in the DR that he was happy to see Victor win the latest HoH shows how much he and Dopey were duped.

There is a fundamental difference in Solo and Michelle's comments that I didn't bring up: Solo is a seasoned veteran, one that has won everything on the International scene, finishing ahead of the Swedes every time but once (in 2003) so diminishing the merit of the Swedes' victory is despicable.

Michele is a rookie and, up until a few days ago, she was on Paulie's team and in his alliance so she had to react about his profound betrayal. She didn't diminish the merit of his game, she just outlined it for the others to see. In my opinion, there was nothing wrong with that. In fact, Paulie was lucky no one had compared notes before. I'm not saying Michelle is a skilled player and she didn't even know she was staying BUT her actions were big contributing factors in changing the game for the better. That deserved a medal.

"Tangenting..."
Posted by kingfish on 08-16-16 at 08:24 AM
The incredibly High tension of the event coupled with the fact that Solo is a very intense competitor, and all that coupled with her admission after her famous quote that she knows she is a sore loser kind of makes her human.

"RE: Tangenting..."
Posted by michel2 on 08-16-16 at 10:35 AM
Why is it that we are human mostly in our failings?

"RE: Tangenting..."
Posted by kingfish on 08-16-16 at 10:58 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-16 AT 12:01 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-16-16 AT 11:03 AM (EST)

We identify more easily with others then?

(I think we have the first two lines of a song).

All I know is that when Solo made her initial statement, I was repulsed but when she later made her confession I was more sympathetic. An apology at that point would have been hollow, but her admission of weakness felt surprisingly honest, non PR.

What a beast she would be on BB.

Posted by Aruba on 08-16-16 at 06:43 PM
Being a crybaby is being a crybaby whether you are a rookie or a seasoned veteran. Exhibiting poor gamesmanship is exhibiting poor gamesmanship whether you are a rookie or a veteran. Hence the merit of my accurate comparison.

If you REALLY want to analyze it I would understand Solo’s rant more. Whereas I disagree with her belly-aching, the style of play she criticized is NOT a style she (or her team) would ever play due to its talent level. With Big Mess if the shoe was on HER foot she would without question employ the SAME style she so openly criticized Nicole during DE.

I guess we all have to chug another beer now...(you’ll need to read one of Kingfish’s post and my reply on this thread to understand this.) HaHa!

Posted by michel2 on 08-16-16 at 07:03 PM
If you REALLY want to analyze it, Solo cried AFTER the game was lost. THAT is being a sore loser. Michelle spoke during the game and it was perfectly fine according to the rules.

THE WHOLE WORLD criticized Solo. Most BB viewers (Kingfish and I included) enjoyed Michelle's speech. Now that should tell you that you are walking to the wrong beat!

Posted by Aruba on 08-16-16 at 07:37 PM
Michelle was being a sore-losing crybaby because she thought for sure she was a goner. In both of their minds they exhibited poor gamesmanship for the same exact reason regardless of when they belly-ached. Being a sore-loser does not "break any rules." It defines you as a person and both defined themselves as sore-losers to millions of viewers.

Funny how you regard two opinions as a legitimate sample of the population. If that's the case then YOU'RE walking to the wrong beat with Big Mess because Kingfish and I both say she is an emotional wreck incapable of implementing skill game-playing.

Posted by michel2 on 08-16-16 at 09:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-16 AT 09:45 AM (EST)

Again, Solo was wrong, Michelle was right and I wasn't counting only two voices but refering to comments seen on RHAP, on Jokers and on Sucks, almost unanimopusly in favor of Michelle.

As for our friend Kingfish, he wrote: "But her fiery nothing to lose speech at the eviction ceremony negated that for the time being..." Sure sounds like he enjoyed it.

Also, in case you didn't know it, there is a difference between Olympic sportsmanship and BB sportsmanship. Comparing the two is like comparing the journalist integrity that the NY Times needs to observe compared to a personal blogger!!!

And another factor which I think is more important than everything else: Solo was representing her country so she should have shown restraint. Michelle wasn't representing anyone but herself so why no lay it in?

But, since you don't like Michelle, I know you won't admit you are wrong.

Posted by Aruba on 08-17-16 at 06:14 AM
How I feel personally about emotional wrecks is irrelevant to my personal feeling about crybabys, Bitter Bettys and sore-losers. So YOU are wrong to say I am “wrong” expressing the consistency of my feelings.

I’ve bashed MANY participants unmercifully on these Boards for the despicable individuals they were, but gave them props as one of the better players of the game and in some cases went so far to say they even owned their respective season. So because Big Mess is obviously not one of them I should now admit I’m wrong??? Not happening.

You do make a valid point that Hope Solo was representing her country whereas Big Mess is representing her emotionally unstable self. So Solo’s sore-losing reaction was inexcusable as well as wrong, whereas Michelle’s sore-losing reaction was more socially acceptable (in a Jerry Springer kind of way I guess) for some because of the wreck that she is...but it was still wrong.

Posted by kingfish on 08-15-16 at 03:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-16 AT 03:42 PM (EST)

Also reflecting a sports theme, we have;

Clean = good
Paul. I have to admit Paul is in a good position. I hate his antics, I really want to pop his floatie (I'll go with floatie), but he actually might win the game. His divorce from from Paulie was timely, he's had his targets but he hasn't been unable to bend, and he's not been involved in a showmance.

Like Frank but more successfully, he's taken pains to try and not alienate people that he works to evict. That might come in handy when the jury votes.

He's also growing his hair out to try an shake Paulie off his imitation trail.

Victor. Again, reluctantly, I have to give props to Victor. I still don't think he has the finesse or intelligence to pull off a victory, but looking at the possible jury, he could win against any of them if somehow he ended up alive at F2.

He's had success with mental and physical challenges.

And there would be some satisfaction in seeing him win after being evicted, which, to his credit, he did not forget who it was engineered by.

One faux pas was the speech he gave at the nominating ceremony. Totally unnecessary, unlike Paul, he doesn't hedge his bets.

Meech. Somehow, maybe thru magic or something, she survived two dangerous nominations and is now not being immediately targeted. I think she is a wreck, out of the loop, and way too emotional. And I don't think her survival has anything to do with her skill at playing this game. But she gets a nod from me just for having survived twice and landed in a fairly safe spot when I didn't think she had a chance at any of those things.

I should put her lower for her reaction to Bridgette after being nominated. After all, she put Bridgette through the same wringer, and surely it should have occurred to her that when what goes around comes around, it's not so much fun. But her fiery nothing to lose speech at the eviction ceremony negated that for the time being.

Natalie. Gained some respect when she stood up to Paulie and showed some backbone. She didn't just run from the room and hide under the covers like others do. I respect that, and I also think she's a winner if she is at F2.

I also liked how she held up when Paulie taunted her about her breasts. That was totally unnecessary and mean spirited.

A negative for her was her sobbing pleas to Victor to just let her win that HoH comp. Another was with James when she showed a pout about never winning HoH. Playing the little girl card maybe a good tactic if it works, but it can leave a bad impression if it doesn't.

Not yet caught = nervous
Corey. Still hasn't awakened from the coma he started the game in. That double eviction nomination conference was painful to watch, and very indicative of his thought process. "Someone, just tell me who to nominate, quick."

Nicole. A very cute crossing guard. But not in the game. She's pursuing a showmance, and her pouts when she hears that someone is saying something negative about her are off putting.

She's been called a snake more than once. Accurately.

James. Like Natalie he has shown backbone and independence. I like his reaction to Paulie's attempted manipulation of him and his to negation votes. However, he is openly coupled with Natalie, and is likely to be the bigger target of the two.

I though he handled the Care Package advantage well by getting Paul to suggest that he use it on him and Corey. I'm sure Corey was happy to not have to make an eviction decision.

Caught with syringe in vein = bad
Paulie His overt attempts to manipulate the others (especially Paul) are going to get him booted. Probably. And the odds are 6 to one against him returning, so let's hope the gambling gods are on our side. He made the mistake of overestimating his domination of the game. And trying to use confrontation and domination instead of more subtly influencing methods is not a good tactic.

One good thing came out of his game, he actually made the other Calafiore look smart.

Sent to jail for their crimes
Zak. A deer caught in the headlights, with no plan of her own. Was confused by love, was confused by the game, is apparently confused by life.

Bridgette. Same as Zak, only with a more irritating giggle. I did gain some respect for her at the end, apparently when she isn't surrendering to Eros, she can play the game. I was convinced before the vote that she was staying.

Posted by michel2 on 08-15-16 at 05:03 PM
I really like your list, Sir Fish. Had I seen Sunday's episode before writing my list, I wouldn't have placed Natalie in with the spectators because she really got into the game with Paulie.

I find it funny that I have James rated higher than you! What is this game coming to?

PS. We can hope that the rats or maybe Zingbot's remark will eventually tell Paul to drop the schtick.

Posted by kingfish on 08-15-16 at 09:09 PM
I have this power to bring people over to the Dark side.

Posted by Aruba on 08-15-16 at 07:42 PM
I honestly do not think Big Mess’s survival was “magical.” I’ll even go so far as to say her (and Reality Show players like her) advancement at this stage of the game is quite predictable. “Players” like Michelle are most vulnerable in the beginning of the season...unless of course they happen to be on a strong team/tribe, or in Michelle’s case was carried by Category-4 early on. That gets them to the mid-point of the season where many are able to punch their golden tickets to the end game because cutting someone like Big Mess loose now would be perceived as a waste of an eviction.

One of the words you failed to mention about Paulie when he felt incline to lash out at Natalie for sticking her snoot in their shomance was “hypocrite.” He was OK with himself referring to the “fake things on her chest,” yet apparently had no issue whatsoever with Zakiyah’s plastic boobies??? I’d suspect Paulie would respond by saying Zakiyah didn’t prance around the House and showcase her fakeness like Natalie has. Whereas that’s probably true, I still regard it as hypocritical in my book.

And on the subject of hypocrisy, Natalie openly admits to being “flirtatious” and feels it’s OK…for HER. But God forbid if Paulie is flirtatious?

If you want to give props to James and Natalie for their “backbones” I’d give a lion share of the credit to Paul. His (and his puppet Victor’s) flip away from Paulie/Nicole/Corey and to the other side of the House provided the Vitamin D and Calcium their backbones needed.

I just have to reiterate your assessment on Zakiyah: ”Was confused by love, was confused by the game, is apparently confused by life.” ROFLMAO!!!

Posted by kingfish on 08-15-16 at 09:29 PM
You have a point about Meech. But whatever it was that allowed her to somehow manage to dodge those evictions, it wasn't anything attributable to her game. Magic? Might as well be. Happenstance? Yeah, maybe that too.

You also have a point about the Paul's comments in regard to Natalie. We could start a drinking game based on how often the description hypocrite could be applied to the actions of BB hamsters in general. But his remarks actually go beyond nasty and hypocritical in my book. She had confessed that she was sensitive about that, and so Paulie was going for the most damage he could cause her, just out of meanness. I was kinda thinking that James would be justified in cold cocking him.

Corey's reaction to that was also pretty disappointing.

Michel also had a point with his observation of Meech in her blue dress at the eviction ceremony. The thing was, she only started crying after she was saved, which isn't a good look on her.

Posted by Aruba on 08-16-16 at 06:35 PM
It’s fairly clear to me (at least by my observation) Natalie has insecurity issues. That being said I regard it as rather inconsistent she would take measures to showcase and partially expose what she paid good money for, yet become sensitive and defensive should the subject of their fakeness comes up.

For example, if a guy drops $30-$40 for a knock-off Rolex watch and proceeds to put it around his wrist so he can walk around showing off his fake Rolex, I would be equally critical if he becomes sensitive and defensive if questioned about its authenticity.

I guess what I’m saying is if the dude is going to get all bent out of shape if someone is going to say it’s a fake then he shouldn’t be wearing/showcasing the watch to begin with.

I like what you propose as a Big Brother drinking game. I’m aging myself but back in my College days we used to watch Bob Newhart Show reruns to kick off a Friday night and every time we heard “Hi Bob” we had to chug. To get into the Holiday spirit when “The Grinch” who Stole Christmas” would air we drank every time we heard “Who.” Problem is if we tip the bottle for every act of hypocrisy on Big Brother we’d ALL become alcoholics!

Posted by michel2 on 08-16-16 at 07:15 PM
There's a big difference between criticizing someone's watch and someone's anatomy. Simple decency says that Paulie went over the line.

Posted by Aruba on 08-16-16 at 07:42 PM
By no means am I defending Paulie for what he said but there's a bigger difference going out of your way to showcase a watch and going out of your way to showcase your boobies. Simple commonsense says you are putting yourself "more out there" when showcasing your boobies.

Posted by michel2 on 08-15-16 at 10:45 PM
>I honestly do not think Big
>Mess’s survival was “magical.” I’ll
>even go so far as
>to say her (and Reality
>Show players like her) advancement
>at this stage of the
>game is quite predictable. “Players”
>like Michelle are most vulnerable
>in the beginning of the
>season...unless of course they happen
>to be on a strong
>team/tribe, or in Michelle’s case
>was carried by Category-4 early
>on. That gets them to
>the mid-point of the season
>where many are able to
>punch their golden tickets to
>the end game because cutting
>someone like Big Mess loose
>now would be perceived as
>a waste of an eviction.

There is a big mistake in your analysis: It wasn't because the others thought it would be a wasted eviction that Michelle stayed in the house over Zakiyah, it was because she was a vital part of the new majority. She survived the second eviction because Bridgette irritated Paulie a lot during that conversation we saw when Natalie came up to the HoH room. Paul and Victor went along with Paulie to keep him blind a little longer. Michelle stayed as part of the new majority's strategy.

Posted by Aruba on 08-16-16 at 06:51 PM
The only mistake I see is your attempt to give inept Michelle even a morsel of credit she doesn’t deserve.

Simply put, Zakiyah (by association with Paulie} and Bridgette (by proactively stirring the pot) were far more targeted HGs compared to an irrelevant game player like Big Mess. THAT’S why she is still in the game.

When Paul (and Victor) made the game-changing decision to flip to the other side it alienated Paulie/Corey/Nicole. The rest of the House then constituted the majority with or without Big Mess, so basic math would dictate retaining her instability was not vital for the numbers advantage of the new majority after Paul initiated the flip.

Posted by michel2 on 08-16-16 at 07:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-16 AT 07:29 PM (EST)

We ALL saw that, while Bridgette initiated the move, Meech was part of the sales pitch to James and Paul to boot Zakiyah. Michelle, James and Natalie had been on opposite sides for a long while so Meech had to convince them she was worth keeping. I'm not saying she deserves most of the credit but certainly a fraction.

When Bridgette and Michelle were on the block, Paul (and Victor), James and Natalie had the votes to save Bridgette over Michelle because the other side only had 2 votes (Paulie and Nicole) They didn't. Why? Not because Michelle is inept but because it was IMPERATIVE to keep her so that they could continue fooling Paulie and NiCorey.

Now for this week's vote, suppose, just suppose that Meech was good in challenges, would Paul (and Victor)* have put her on the block and waited one more week before targeting Paulie and NiCorey? Of course not. They HAD to go after Paulie and NiCorey as soon as they stopped trusting them.

Kuddos for writing "Paul (and Victor)". Simply brilliant because the guy really is just an adjunct.

Posted by Aruba on 08-16-16 at 07:51 PM
Your fan fiction spin with Big Mess is beyond hysterical.

Michelle was going nowhere because Zak and Bridgette were more potential dangers down the road. Big Mess didn't have to pitch squat. I'm not going to "suppose that Big Mess was good in challenges" BECAUSE SHE IS NOT. That's as weak of an argument as you can make.

I suppose you can spin that she deserves a "fraction" merely by being irrelevant which is the case I've made all along.

Posted by michel2 on 08-16-16 at 11:59 PM
You make the assumption that Michelle wasn't voted out because she is weak in challenges so intellectual honesty should tell you to consider the alternative. Would she have been nominated in place of Paulie or Corey if she was a challenge threat? That's really the only way to prove your point. I'm sure that she wouldn't have so that refutes your claim. In other words, you don't care if you are right or not, you just want to bash her. Go ahead but it lacks credibility.

Posted by Aruba on 08-17-16 at 05:51 AM
What I'm saying is the HGs who sat on the nomination block next to Big Mess posed as much bigger threats than her--THAT's why she was spared. Being weak in challenges is just part of her ineptness. If she had any relevance in the game she would have been the one out the door on DE night so the answer is she wouldn't have been able to be nominated this week in place of Paulie and Corey.