URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1439
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR10 - EP11 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by IceCat on 11-26-06 at 07:33 PM
Let's keep posts about tonight's episode on this thread only until 11:00 PM eastern. Thanks.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR10 - EP11 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by EmmaHead on 11-26-06 at 07:52 PM
Looks like it will start on time for me tonight. Yay!!

Posted by Snidget on 11-26-06 at 08:00 PM
On time here too, yippee skippee!

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-27-06 at 01:13 AM
Great, the one time TAR is on time for everybody and I was over at my girlfriend's house so I could not post with everyone else.

"And they're off to Morocco!"
Posted by EmmaHead on 11-26-06 at 08:03 PM
Tyler and James are already talking about not wanting the Blondes in the final three. Foreshadowing? I hope not!

"RE: And they're off to Morocco!"
Posted by EmmaHead on 11-26-06 at 08:05 PM
Blondes are going via Milan but have a very tight connection which sounds a bit scary! The boys were unable to get on that flight.
Did Bama say they weren't given ANY money for this leg??? They sure have been extremely stingy with the money this season!

"RE: And they're off to Morocco!"
Posted by EmmaHead on 11-26-06 at 08:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-06 AT 08:11 PM (EST)

And the blondes miss their connection...

but it doesn't matter because they still make it to Casablanca before the flight to the next city (impossible to spell so I"m not even going to try!)

Posted by Loree on 11-26-06 at 08:12 PM
Everything seems to be about the BQs so far in this episode.

Posted by EmmaHead on 11-26-06 at 08:13 PM
Lots of Beauty Queen bashing!

Posted by Loree on 11-26-06 at 08:18 PM
Bama is spending alot of time worrying about the BQs and getting even with them. And I think R&K and J&T may just quietly move on because of it.

Posted by EmmaHead on 11-26-06 at 08:19 PM
Bama gets to the studios first but the yield is behind the locked gates which don't open until morning. Other teams are SHOCKED that Bama got their first.

Posted by mjames1229 on 11-26-06 at 11:39 PM
>Bama gets to the studios first
>but the yield is behind
>the locked gates which don't
>open until morning. Other
>teams are SHOCKED that Bama
>got their first.

I have a major problem with the Yield being behind a bunching point and making it a footrace for the Yield mat.

The players should have gotten a time to enter the gate about five minutes apart. The first team to arrive should have been given the opportunity to Yeild.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-27-06 at 01:15 AM
I get your point of view - preserve the order of the racers at bunch points like this so coming in first still means something.

Transportation bunch points are different, out of the control of the producers, but these could do with a little change.

"Bama Yielded!"
Posted by EmmaHead on 11-26-06 at 08:21 PM
Foot race to the yield. Tyler and James get there first and Don't use the the yield. BQ's Yield Bama!

"RE: Bama Yielded!"
Posted by Snidget on 11-26-06 at 08:22 PM
All 'Bama talked bout was yielding the Barbies, but when the Barbies yielded them, they do not have any character???!!!???

Posted by EmmaHead on 11-26-06 at 08:24 PM
They bash the beauty queens character and flip them off! I guess they don't realize how nasty their own behavior has been.

Posted by Snidget on 11-26-06 at 08:26 PM
Now everyone is supposed to keep them in the race because they aren't as good as the others???

Everything is supposed to go their way or it isn't fair.

Posted by cahaya on 11-26-06 at 08:53 PM
So much obnoxity coming from those two! (Yes, I know there's no such word, but it's something they'd come up with.)

Posted by Loree on 11-26-06 at 08:28 PM
That is the reason Bama is so unlikeable. They bash the other teams for things and do the same thing themselves. But they always feel justified when they do it.

Posted by EmmaHead on 11-26-06 at 08:29 PM
Rob and Kim have a flat tire now. They really do have the worst car luck of any team on this race.

Posted by Loree on 11-26-06 at 08:32 PM
I don't remember any team in the history of this show having as bad luck with cars as R&K.

Posted by Snidget on 11-26-06 at 08:33 PM
They really do seem to have bad "Car"ma when it comes to vehicles.

Posted by cahaya on 11-26-06 at 08:54 PM
*snort*

That's the oldest karma joke in existence!

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-27-06 at 01:21 AM
I don't think it is bad luck, I think it is Rob.

He is always to much in a hurry. Different stick-shifts around the world have different patterns, he just tries to force the car into where he thinks the gear settings are and thus does a number on the transmittion. As for tires, I would not be surprised if his hurrying about causes him to ride on or rub a lot on the side of curbs, I am sure he does not slow down to avoid potholes.

There are too many break-downs for it to just be chance, and the only common factor is that Rob is driving.

Posted by cahaya on 11-26-06 at 08:32 PM
And they're losing a lot of time at it. Still a long way to go to finish the leg, and might it be the next NEL?

Posted by EmmaHead on 11-26-06 at 08:41 PM
The BQ's get to the detour last and have to wait because it is first come first served. Not looking too good for them at this point.

There have been a lot of lead changes in this episode!

Posted by Swrdprincess on 11-26-06 at 08:43 PM
Blondes have to wait.. yea!

Posted by Loree on 11-26-06 at 08:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-06 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

The BQs were first to the Detour box. But they drove by the location to do it. Even R&K beat them to it.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-27-06 at 01:23 AM
Are they starting to suffer burn-out? Lots of simple mistakes by the BQs.

Posted by Loree on 11-26-06 at 08:46 PM
What does "I've done wheel barrows" mean? LOL!

I guess there is no Roadblock this ep.

Posted by Snidget on 11-26-06 at 08:48 PM
*tilts head* Wasn't the chariot race thingy a roadblock.

Only one of the team did it??

Posted by EmmaHead on 11-26-06 at 08:53 PM
Yes, that was definitely a road block.

Posted by Loree on 11-26-06 at 08:53 PM
That's right. I completely ignored that.

Posted by cahaya on 11-26-06 at 08:50 PM
Tyler and James almost blow it!

Good thing they could outrun the Bama gals to finish first at the mat (barely).

"Order of Finish"
Posted by EmmaHead on 11-26-06 at 08:51 PM
1st - Tyler and James
2nd - Lyn and Karlyn - a matter of seconds behind the boys!
3rd - Rob and Kim
Marked for Elimination - Dustin and Kandice

"RE: Order of Finish"
Posted by cahaya on 11-26-06 at 08:52 PM
Yup, an NEL.

Posted by Loree on 11-26-06 at 08:53 PM
T&J run to the pit stop and realize they have forgot their lucky charm. They run back as Bama gets there. They still beat Bama even though they run it twice. I think Bama will be in trouble if they have to run for the finish at the end of this race.

T&J also have the lucky charm and win the prize.

BQs are last but it's a non-elim.

Posted by hinghamwx on 11-26-06 at 08:59 PM
Good episode...the girls got lukcy that their Italy flight did not make them miss the Morroco connection. I felt bad that Bama had to wait at the roadblock after getting their first...good for them. The girls totally missed that detour, dumb mistake that almost cost them the race. I do hope that either them or bama wins. An all female team needs to win!

-Michael
http://www.hinghamweather.com

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-27-06 at 01:28 AM
You forgot to mention that R&K mess-up the final run to the pit-stop so badly I was really expecting the BQs to pass them for the pit-stop.

"Next week's episode"
Posted by EmmaHead on 11-26-06 at 08:55 PM
A race for the final three. Locals throw tomatoes at the teams causing Kim to freak out and claim "I'm done!" Looks like there may be an eating challenge?

"Recap"
Posted by AyaK on 11-26-06 at 09:34 PM
Here's the recap of the whole show.

The models leave first, by 8 minutes over the beauty queens and 46 minutes over Rob & Kimberley. Directions: drive to Kiev airport, get flight to Casablanca, connect to inland Morocco. Beauty queens get to airport first and book through Milan on a tight connection. Models and R/K book through Paris on same flights. Bama gets on same flight to Paris but get stuck on later flight to Casablanca. However, although BQs arrive in Milan ahead of schedule, Italians refuse to allow them on connecting flight because they don't have any ties to the Mafia. They end up getting to Casablanca last and barely make the connecting flight -- but everyone is on the same flight once again.

BQs get out of airport first, and get followed by other two teams. Bama used its layover time in Paris to buy a map and locate the "casbah." When the BQs get mobbed by young Moroccan men, Bama gets the lead and picks up the first pendant (each team gets one), plus gets directions to the next stop, a movie studio. The BQs are last after the guys take them in the wrong direction.

On the drive to the studio, Bama talks constantly about yielding the blondes, because there is a yield box there. But the movie studio is closed until 8 AM, and all the teams are in their cars sleeping until then. In the sprint to the yield box, the models get there first and choose not to yield anyone, as do R/K. The blondes are third and yield Bama. Bama cusses and flips the blondes the finger, then spends the rest of the episode cussing the blondes out for doing to them exactly what Bama said repeatly that they'd do to the blondes.

But...

In the roadblock, a chariot race, the blondes win, followed by R&K, followed by the models. R&K get a flat on the way to the detour, their next stop -- the third car breakdown in the race for R&K. While they're fixing the flat, Bama passes them.

The blondes get the detour clue first. It's a choice of spinning pots or crushing olives. Ultimately, all of the teams select olive crushing -- but there are only three stations at each activity. The blondes drive past the olive station ... and by the time they realize that they've gone too far and come back, the other three teams have reached the detour and the blondes have to wait.

The models finish the detour first, and Bama finishes second despite the yield. The models park at the pit stop (a Bedouin camp) -- but they realize that they've forgotten their pendant in the car. When they go back to get it, Bama passes them ... but they get back to the car, grab it and just pass Bama on the way to the pit stop mat. They check in first AND have the winning pendant for Sprint Sidekick service. Bama gets second, R&K third and the blondes get marked for elimination.

Preview: Bama fight with each other, and Kim quits a tomato-sorting challenge when the locals start throwing tomatoes at her.

Posted by Loree on 11-27-06 at 10:03 AM
One change I would like to see next season is the amount of money given to the teams for a leg. I wish they would give them money according to how they finish the last leg. The team that comes in last should get just the least amount they can get by on. And the team that finishes first should get more. It would be a reward for coming in 2nd compared to 5th when there are 8 teams still in the race. The higher you finish the more money you receive. It would reward the teams that continually finish near the top each leg. They would gradually have more money as the race goes on and be able to use cabs more as the slower teams would have to budget smartly. This might help make up for the bunching that always happens and takes away any advantage the teams have for running near the top. I want to see the better teams rewarded. Bunching always evens everything and annoys me at times. At least let the top teams have more money to use for the race.