URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1436
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Week #4 List"

Posted by Aruba on 07-23-16 at 07:52 AM
As much as I appropriately bash Production on a regular basis, kudos for a killer episode last night. I thought for sure they would take the easy and cheap out by conducting the same comp four times in a row using a set ladder format, but it was mighty impressive having four DIFFERENT competitions each with pretty elaborate setups. Must have been one long ass lockdown in the BB House to prepare for this special episode so I’m expecting the remaining HGs to be at each other’s throats for this upcoming week.

GOOD

PAUL – aka “Muffin Man”...Too Funny! I hardly think baking muffins will be the primary reason he stays in the House. It’s not like being on Survivor and catching tons of fish for tribemates living on only a cup of rice per day. But the dude is going all out and I give him props for his proactive play. What will keep him in the House is how he rose from the ashes during the first three weeks and positioned himself well in various cliques. Throw in being the unofficial Jackpot winner with Victor reentering the House gives him yet another option.

PAULIE – Because this list is a recrap of the most recent week I’m keeping him Good because he had a good week. Spearheaded the charge to successfully evict Vanessa’s Double. Earning the title of Competition Beast is a double-edged sword right now. He could be someone others want to keep near because of his ability to win comps...or he could have Anti-Darwin Victim plastered all over him. Big loser with Victor’s return. Had Paulie got the better half of him in a mano a mano battle, Vic may be open to burying the hatchet. But ousting him through the dastardly backdoor scheme is a decision he could pay dearly for.

NICOLE – Was thinking about dropping her for her ridiculous emotional DR breakdown, but continues to cement herself in very good positon. Should seriously consider a secret alliance with Corey, Frank and Bridgette. A F2 with any of those three and Nicole wins going away.

COREY – Yeah I know it’s probably a short-lived placing, but not a bad week for our resident “potted plant.” I knew when I stated last week it would only be a matter of time before he’d be targeted, but didn’t realize I’d nail that prediction this soon. As a result he was a focal point this week. Handled his nomination as well as could be expected. OK, Paulie threw him the final round in the POV but he performed well to get to that point. And he knocked out Tiffany driving the final nail in her coffin.

MEH

MICHELLE – This season’s “Dime a Dozen” girl. Meaning she got to this point by luckily being on a winning team; she’ll most likely advance further by being appropriately perceived as pathetically inept; thus allowing her to punch her Golden Ticket to the endgame. A rather common occurrence on Reality TV. I guess it could be a feather in her cap should she not squander the golden opportunity she’s been gifted, but she’ll need to win at least one (maybe more) comps if she wants to steal the season win.

JAMES – Can hardly blame him for purposely staying clear of the crossfire this week, but it did result in a Meh ranking. Can also hardly blame him if he’s playing primarily to spend as much time in the Jury House with Natalie. A rebound from Grandma Meg’s jolt could not have played out any better for James. It’s like being deprived a Big Mac at McDonalds but given a complimentary dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steak House instead.

FRANK – A winning strategy this season would be to have Frank campaign to evict you from the House every week. You’d all but guarantee yourself a seat in the Finals. I think he’s actually playing a rather fine game to advance, but he’s got zero chance of winning. His immediate advancement will all depend on who wins the next HOH. Like ‘em or hate ‘em he’s making this season interesting.

BRIDGETTE – And it appears I’m not the only one who thinks Frank has zero chance of winning. Staying close in the hopes of advancing with Frank comes with an inherent danger. If both get targeted Frank has a better chance of saving himself leaving Bridgette disposable.

BAD

NATALIE – She should have no problem high-kicking her way straight to the Jury House. It would be rotten if her intentions toward James ended up as fake as her plastic boobies.

ZAKIYAH – OK, so she continues to be better looking than the potted plants in the House, but the plants have been more of a factor in the game than this joke of a player.

DA’ POT – On the block and proceeds to inform James she’s gunning for Showmances. When James calls her out she tries to defuse the blunder by promptly informing him how low he and Natalie are on the totem pole. Need any more clarification for her 16th place finish?! Like DAAAAAAAA; of course you’ll outlast Tiffany. Whereas Tiff may be a “knock-off” of her sister, Vanessa placed 3rd. You are a “knock-off” of...well...yourself who placed 16th. Never has such a loser been asked to return.

EVICTED

TIFFANY – Yeah, you REALLY had Paulie “shakin’ in his boots.” LMAO. Actually it was Paulie who used one of those boots to boot your butt out of the House. Secretly I was hoping Tiffany would win the Battle Back just to enjoy some more bitch-slapping encounters with Da’Loser. Although she shares the same DNA with her sis, the difference is Vanessa was aligned with HGs who won early comps and Tiffany was not. So now she can use the rest of her summer vacation to visit her sister in Vegas.

FINAL WORDS ON THE OTHER EVICTEES

GLENN – Like I originally stated—Never had a chance. Hard to believe I’m giving props to Production TWICE in one post but hilarious footage when Glenn continued to blame the “team” for his demise while Production treated us to flashback footage of several individual Bull-in-the-China Shop debacles. Great stuff!

JOZEA – So when Julie questioned him during his exit interview if he would change anything if given a second chance he replied he would tone it down and not be as over-the-top as he was in the House. So now who is that wise old man who accurately states, “You are…Who you are…Who you are.” Slam Dunk; Fact Proven; Nuff Said!

BRONTE-SUARUS MOUTH – Unless the last two Battle Back competitions involved solving the Pythagorean Theorem and the Euler’s Equation, Bronte’ could have already booked her ticket back home. During her reunion with Victor before battle I now understand the gesture Kingfish was talking about. Had she used her arm I could see her emulating the neck of a dinosaur. But a bent forefinger on her forehead...I’ve got to side with my man Kingfish and agree that is more the trunk of an elephant. So you are perfectly in the right referring to her as “elephant girl” (even though I still think she has the mouth of a dinosaur.)

BATTLE BACK CHAMPION

VICTOR – Even for fans who are vehemently against evicted HGs returning, it was an impressive effort and a well-earned honor for Victor...the victor. He had to perform well in a wide array of competition disciplines to run off THREE victories during this enjoyable episode. May not be in immediate danger reentering the House with bigger fish to fry, but even the most inept simpletons in the House will eventually target Victor resenting a second chance in the game.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Week #4 List"
Posted by kingfish on 07-23-16 at 03:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-16 AT 06:17 PM (EST)

I agree with the production kudos. I too expected to see the same challenge presented to all the prospective returnees, both because of the problem with fitting four challenges plus the requisite clips of the houseguests into one hour, and because it would be fairer to present all the challengers with the same challenge. It would tip the scales slightly in favor of the earlier competitors which would somewhat counter the advantage of those who had to win fewer challenges.

But, as a member of the TV audience who immediately after the show goes out and buys the products advertised on the show, I like the way they did it. It was more entertaining.

So kudos.

BTW, I think those challenges were not performed in the back yard. Nor were they live. The extended lock down followed by no surprise or challenge would have tipped off the hamsters that something was up, and the prospective returnees would have needed more time than what was shown for recovery between challenges.

Good

Michelle. Is on the majority alliance but seems to be flexible enough to change if the need should arise. She's not targeted by anyone, she's got a productive UTR game going, and she could coast to the end. There are a number of houseguest guests that she could win against. At the moment she's in great shape.

James. Sly little guy, seems to be subtly influencing decisions and gathering information without making enemies. He also has a pretty productive UTR game going. He also has a solid partner, which could help and could hinder his chances.

Paul. Great rehabilitation story so far. Personally, I still think he's a jackass, but he does seem to be only loosely allied with one group which gives him flexibility. He's toned down his game which he needed to do, and seems to be a possible vote for all alliances. I think this will serve him well for a while. Also, a former alliance mate is reentering the house, that should be beneficial. His biggest negative (that I see) is that there might be some residual negative feelings moldering in the hearts of certain others.

So, I guess we'll have to put up with his tiresome self-promoting antics for a while longer. He isn't one of my favorites to win.

Natalie. Bubbly little sprite, cheers up the house, has no real target value, handled being pawn pretty well, I think she has some longevity. She apparently is self-conscious about her body work, which she had done (per reports) because of a low self image problem she had with being flat. As a board. I can totally understand and I approve of her alteration. I approve of people working to improve their mental health. And I approve of shapely boobs. Her alliance with James has the same positive aspects and negative aspects he does. For the moment it seems to be serving them well. And I think James would say he approves of her boobs as well.

MEH

Corey. This is a compromise rating. He has a pretty good UTR game going, but it doesn't seem very productive for him, it's a hiding UTR game rather than a hiding and information seeking game. I just don't see the gears meshing in his head. He is in a non-threatened spot for now and he isn't making dumb moves, so I can't put him down in BAD. So he's here.

Paulie. Very inflexible it seems with his choice of targets. He gets locked in, and doesn't seem to seriously consider the advantages of switching. I mean, he kept up an unwavering grudge against Tiff for two weeks when he could have used that time to find a real personal threat. By that time, Tiff only had Da' in her sights, she was no threat to Paulie. In addition he doesn't seem as devoted to winning as he is to out doing his brother when it comes to TV fandom. I think that is not a good focus. So he's a MEH.

Nicole. Nicole started the game very well, she managed to survive being the first HoH, she has been somewhat adept at influencing others, and she is in the majority alliance. Her negative is that she's become complacent and distracted by her thing with Corey. Another negative for her is that Da' is in her alliance. Da' is a negative for everybody in her alliance.

Frank Frank is ostensibly the most endangered species of rodent in the house. So far his luck and his social game have kept him in the game, and if he survives a couple of weeks longer he will have time enough to turn things around. He has communication with everyone in the house, and has the persuasiveness to influence most of them. I don't think he will ever get Da' on his side, but he has Da' pegged too so that should somewhat neutralize the threat she poses. Another advantage is his little Cabbage Patch kid. I feel sure he will ditch her if there is a chance she will be sitting next to him at the end, but who knows, maybe there is a sentimental streak in him. Until then, she is a semi-meat shield.

As it stands, he probably has no chance of winning. Unless he's sitting next to Da'. And since I think she will be long gone by at the end, Frank's best hope is to finish second.

Bad

Bridiot She isn't threatened but she isn't playing the game either. She is like a goldfish with no capacity to plan at all. She just wants to enjoy the moment, cuddle with Frank, and let him make her decisions for her. She is playing a UTR game, but is totally unproductive. Frank will probably sacrifice her at some point, but you know what? I think she'll buy whatever excuse he gives her. She's bubbly and brightens up the house, but winning BB just isn't in the cards for her.

Zak. A beautiful air head. She's a house pawn, available for sacrifice whenever there is an advantage to be gained. As opposed to Natalie, her enhancements are (by my estimation) purely for vanity.

Da'. Her problem is that she recognizes what she needs to do to survive (close her mouth), but she just can't do that. That mouth and her paranoia coupled with her belief that she can out think and out plot anyone in the house is such a liability that I don't think she has a chance of lasting more than a couple of weeks. She seems to be high on almost everybody's target list.

Victor. As a returnee, he is in mortal danger of being u-turned. He doesn't seem to be capable of strategic thought, he's more of a chest beating 'Bros' thinker. But if he can manage to align with the right people (and Tiff may have given him a leg up on that), he might not be immediately evicted.

Non-Returnees

Glen. Had no chance. The producers little joke on him and us.

Josea The entire BB TV viewing audience breaths a sigh of relief that Josea isn't the returnee. Just the short clips that preceded the returnee challenges were stomach churning.

Bronte. My little elephant girl (thanks Aruba). Seemed to think that being a mathematician that excelled in logical thinking would help her in the memorization challenges that are staples of BB. I would have liked to see her return and go on to win, that would have made for an entertaining season.

Tiff. Her problem was that she just didn't have the same sense of game play as her sister. She had some good instincts, but not like Vanessa. Would have liked to see her return to horrify Da', but it was not to be.

Posted by Aruba on 07-24-16 at 11:14 AM
Hey Kingfish. Thank You to you and Michel for your quick responses considering a short window of time between that fun Friday episode and tonight’s episode kicking off another week in the BB House.

Yes I figured there had to be some tape delay because I could not imagine all four different competitions being conducted in less than an hour, but I did think they were played in less than a 24-hour period on the BB grounds requiring a House lockdown. That was just my assumption so I could be wrong. And I believe the hamsters had a suspension all along that someone would be returning.

Ever since Michel suggested this new ranking format I know you placed players primarily based on their potential status in the game going forward whereas I focused overwhelmingly on the week just completed. So I get your assessment on Michelle. But not to sight you, I’m going to reserve my reply assessment on her for Michel’s response only because I know he usually orgasms over Reality Show participants like Michelle.

Good call on James. He has been successfully gathering info without raising much suspicion. But I feel it will only be a matter of time before the other HGs wake up to realize this guy finished 7th last season being on the side of the challenge-deficient House raising legitimate concern of what he may be able to accomplish being on the better side this season. As for his “solid partner?” IDK. Last season he was plagued by his closest ally being a competition joke. This season his closest ally may be just as inept. One has to wonder if Grandma Meg may possibly be seeing Jamesy in a different light now that someone like Natalie has been showering her affections on him.

HMMMM, I have not “estimated” Zak’s enhancements to be phoney also…maybe because she does not go out of her way to expose them like James’ main squeeze does. But if so, not sure why her plastic boobies would be for “vanity” and Natalie’s would not?

Posted by kingfish on 07-24-16 at 12:24 PM
I got the definite impression that although they knew some surprises were in store for them, the hamsters were not expecting this particular surprise to happen when it did. They were never shown commenting on an extended lockdown or funny noises coming from the backyard as they had in the past. Just my impression, but if the producers wanted to make it a surprise (which, logically, they would), a 24 hour lockdown (plus the noise) would have been a big tip off and spoiled whatever hopes they had of actually surprising them.

It would be no fun if we all agreed on everything. I am a little conflicted as I make my judgements, and as I read your and Michel's comments, I realize that even with the different rankings we are not that far apart. Usually. Sometimes any of us could be way off and be possibly lured into making silly bets.

Since these guys are all locked up with no access to other seasons, they have no way of comparing James's seasons if they haven't already so. And these aren't the research types anyway, no matter what they claim. I'm quite sure that you and Michel and other BB wonks are much more knowledgeable about specific BB (and reality TV in general) history than they are. Or me for that matter.

Obviously I can't speak with inside knowledge (Heh) about Zak's enhancements, and I would also hesitate to comment in definite terms about Natalie if I hadn't read an article about her. But the difference between them, if I am correct in my estimations, is that doing it to cure a inferiority complex is a mental health issue, and doing it to elevate oneself above others is vanity. Not a whole lot of difference especially since there is surely some of both motivations in both of them, but the preponderance is crucial IMO. I see Natalie's reasons as being good for her, mental health-wise (but also helpful for getting a cheerleading job), and Zak's reasons for augmenting her natural size would be to make her better looking than her girl friends (might be Hollywood starlet hopes for her too).

"My Impressions"
Posted by michel2 on 07-23-16 at 06:42 PM
You guys are so full of sunshine I wonder why this thread is in Bashers! Fortunatly, I'm here and here's some rain on your parade: If I wanted to watch an hour filled with dumb competitions, I'd watch "The Price is Right". The worst part of Survivor is listening to Probst spewing his inane play-by-play but even that isn't as bad as listening to players doing DR comments about their own competitions. Pretty dumb when you consider those DR sessions had to be filmed AFTER their challenges. So they knew they had won or lost but had to fake it in order to create "suspense". The dumbest part was to see Victor doing his DR comments BEFORE going up against Tiffany but carrying his "champion's" belt. It spoiled the final outcome. Luckily, I had better things to do on a splendid Friday night so I watched on-line during a downpour.

On to my list:

The Good

1- Michelle: Where Aruba only sees luck, I see a player who gets along with everyone, keeps her calm and chooses her allies carefully. She is in an excellent position to make the moves that will get her to the end. I will be disappointed if she chooses to simply coast but I feel she's smart enough to navigate her own path.

2- Paul: "Muffin Man" is showing what I mean by good social game. He may not be the most likable person but he's managed to get everyone's friendship. He's actually the "anti-James"! He got off to a rough start but got out of trouble and he now stands in a very nice position whereas James started with a built-in majority and let it slip through his fingers. Let's hope Paul continues his impressive game play because it would make for a marvelous story to sell to the jury.

3- Nicole: Things are getting tougher but she's still maintained a good position. It seems that she is far enough removed from Da in the other players' eyes that the drama won't hurt her. She thought of getting rid of Da but I think it was wiser to keep her as long as Frank is still in the House. There will be time to send her out after.

4- Paulie: His intransigence could come back to hurt him but his target was no one's friend so no real harm done. It would have been fun to see him throw the competition to put Frank in line to be nominated but it would have been worse if Frank had won himself. We were all victimized by a dumb format.

The Boring

1- Corey: It's funny to see Aruba patting himself on the back for predicting he'd be a target because he wasn't. Yes, Tiffany nominated him but to be a target you have to have people eligible to vote actually thinking of voting you out. Even if he hadn't been given the veto, he would have had ZERO votes so how is that "being a target"? Corey's only possible placement is as the #1 boring player this season.

2-Zakiyah: I hope she wins HoH or gets nominated soon just to see her doing something. The difference between her, Nicole and Michelle is that she isn't talking with everyone as frequently.

3- Bridiot: Her ignorance may cost me the second half of my bet with Kingfish and it may get her evicted. Will she do anything to show the House and us that she isn't Frank's cabbage patch doll? It doesn't look like it

4- Natalie: Ok, her "fight" with James coud be called entertaining...if we were teenagers. How old are those two? 14? At least, she's the least boring of the lame ones.

The Bad

1- Da'Vonne: She was in a great position but she ruined it by being so obsessed with Tiffany and by being a snitch that got caught. Why give others ammunition? She said it herself when Jossiah told her he was targeting the returnees so why tell Frank about Tiff? She was even dumber to tell James she was targeting the couples. If two couples come to me and tell me they want to be in a five person alliance I'd be shaking their hands with a huge smile because they were giving me all the power of the swing vote. The two couples would be my best friends until I decided which one had to go first. Anyway, in the BB format, a majority is never safe so why was Da so upset about being "the 5th wheel"? She simply doesn't understand this game.

2- Frank: I was ready to change my opinion of Frank when he managed to repair his fracture with Tiffany. That part was impressive but then it all came to nothing when he didn't even vote for Da'Vonne. Does he really think that acting like a sheep will make the others forget?

3- James: The guy was in the majority alliance but, instead of securing his spot, he goes with the minority. He could get Natalie but this isn't the "Love Train". He's not one of the bigger fish to fry so he has time to fix his mistakes but I don't think he's smart enough.

Evicted - Tiffany: After reading Aruba's comments ("the difference is Vanessa was aligned with HGs who won early comps and Tiffany was not...") I feel a little history lesson and a clarification are in order. First, the lesson: Vanessa wasn't aligned with the HGs who won the early comps by magic or even right off the bat. First, she realized that the "twins twist", sasquatch's love for Liz and the Shelly-Clay connection could help her game so, whereas Da'Vonne and James stupidly went against the twins and the couples, Vanessa played a key role in creating the alliance. As for the early comps, Vanessa won two of the first 5 HoH herself and she had to survive James and Becky winning 4 of the first 7 HoHs.

The difference with Vanessa is that Tiffany played her way OUT of the main alliance by being overly shady.

Returning Player - Victor: This simpleton has a chance of avoiding the immediate U-turn but he's simply wasting more time inside of the House when he could be finding a beach somewhere. He's young and there's still next summer...

"RE: My Impressions"
Posted by kingfish on 07-24-16 at 10:03 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-16 AT 10:04 AM (EST)

Thanks, we need a little rain in these parts. (It was the 'bubbly little sprite' comment, wasn't it).

Why wait, might as well pay up now. Especially since we no longer have Bronte to muck up my calculations.

I assume Frank objectively added up the votes and was thinking about next week's strategy when he and Bridgette voted to boot Tiff. Don't know what that strategy would be, exactly, except to confuse the alliance lines and influence borderline voters. Like Paul, which now, luckily, may include Victor. And now that Tiff is gone, Paulie might be in the market for a new target. Even James (and Natalie) might be lure-able.

As to the James/Natalie pseudo drama, that was either staged or was all Natalie. She's doing well so far, but she is also swimming in the shallow end as this and her little plan to send Bridgette upstairs to spy shows.

Posted by michel2 on 07-24-16 at 11:37 AM
Actually, it was the kudos to production that made me cringe. Those bozos have a fun concept but have no concept on how to make it really fun. I'd agree that Nataly is a bubbly little pixie.

Voting for Tiff accomplished nothing. Paul, Paulie, Victor, James and Nataly could indeed form a strong, secret alliance but why would they bother keeping Frank and Bridiot? The smart move would be to get out Da and Frank back-to-back and then seize majority but, unless Paul or Victor become HoH, they won't see it.

What would James do if he were to become HoH? I don't think he knows himself.

Posted by Aruba on 07-24-16 at 12:15 PM
>What would James do if he
>were to become HoH?
>I don't think he knows
>himself.

If James should become HOH he would be duly targeted by the other HGs. I suspect he would use the power to make a big game move as he did last season. It positioned him to the final third of the season, earned raves from Derrick--arguably one of the most impressive winners in BB History, and is the reigning holder of the America's Favorite award.

Posted by kingfish on 07-24-16 at 12:31 PM
"What would James do if he were to become HoH?"

I know what he would do if here were smart.

Da' and Frank. Or Frank and Bridge. Either would be a pretty smart move.

Posted by michel2 on 07-24-16 at 12:40 PM
Da and Frank would put most of the house against him = Dumb.

Frank and Bridiot would mean he does Da's bidding after spending the last three weeks showing her side that he can't be trusted = Weird and incoherent.

The truly smart move would be to target Da and put her up against a willing pawn. That way he continues to build trust with Frank and he uses Paulie and Nicole's beef against Da to avoid becoming their target. He also gets a lot of gratitude from Paul and Victor.

Posted by Aruba on 07-24-16 at 01:21 PM
For all the reasons you stated Da'Loser and a willing pawn would be the smartest HOH move at this present point in time.

But You are...Who you are...Who you are, and James lives for big moves when he has the power. With that said I would predict should the situation present itself he probably guns to break up Nicole and Corey much like he did last year when breaking up Shelley and Clay.

Sure he would have liked to finish better than 7th place, but I don't believe he walked away from last season (unlike some other posters) feeling he failed miserably. So I see him doing what he'll need to do (once again) to advance himself to the final third of the game and, of course when there, win a key comp or two.

Posted by kingfish on 07-24-16 at 01:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-16 AT 01:33 PM (EST)

Neither Frank or Da' are popular, and both are at the top of almost everyone's target list. I think the house would think that James did all of them a favor which ever went home,(assuming one of them would).

If he put Da' and Frank up, only the survivor plus Bridgette would hold a grudge. And Bridgette would hardly pose a threat.

If he put Frank and Bridgette up, only the survivor, which would surely be Bridgette, would hold a grudge.

I like your idea of Da' vs a pawn, but why use a pawn when you can use another house target? Sometimes pawns go home, and that would waste a perfectly well timed HoH.

Posted by Aruba on 07-24-16 at 11:54 AM
Good call, Michel. With the way Kingfish and I opened up our posts I can understand a double-take to see if you were on the Basher Board. But after scrolling down to my Meh, Bad, Evicted, and Final Notes on Other Evitees you had to realize then you were in the right place.

I don’t see how Victor showing off the belt prior to his final battle with Tiffany ruined the outcome? Winning TWO battles prior to the final showdown gave him rightful ownership of the belt up to that point during the entertaining episode Friday night. And I’m happy for you that you enjoyed your splendid Friday night. Here in my neck of the woods we’ve been mired in a sticky heat wave with 98 degree temperature most every day this week and humidity at 100%...with no relief in sight. Sitting in my central AC watching the entertaining special presentation was “splendid” enough for me.

In last season I was referring to the Sixth Sense competition dominance that INCLUDED Vanessa so I was giving her kudos as well for the alliance rattling off competition wins. Stringing FOUR straight HOH wins during weeks #2 - #5 laid the groundwork for its early season dominance. Yes a short moment existed when they were at risk with James/Becky back-to-back wins in weeks 6/7. Vanessa even went on the block and then the dumb and short-sighted “we have time to get her later” approach allowed her to wiggle out of that momentary hiccup. And it was momentary because after that bump in the road what did the Sixth Sense do? Yep, that’s right...win ANOTHER four HOHs in a row! So thanks to the continued Sixth Sense comp dominance that “later” never came until the end of the game. History lesson over! Clarification made.

I hear what you say about Michelle and if you are able to read tea leaves correctly it could come to fruition. But my assessment is up to week FOUR and up to this point she is where she is by good old-fashioned dumb-ass luck. Up to Thursday night she should have had a Letter “C” embroidered on all her clothes (“C” standing for Carried.) Going forward, if she can proactively make the necessary moves to get her to the end she will be a fixture in my Good category. But ever since BB3 when the game (much to your chagrin) took on a more competition laden format, I simply do NOT see a HG taking the season title without winning comp(s.) Sorry, just my opinion.

That ridiculous spat with James/Natalie was SO one-sided. You’re perfectly in the right asking whether Natalie is a teenager, but I thought James defused the situation in a mature manner. Only Natalie’s immaturity needed to be questioned, but your dislike over James couldn’t see that. OH, BTW...Jeff/Jordan and Rachel/Brandon BOTH took a ride on the “Love Train” express and if memory serves me correct it produced TWO 500K winners (and two marriages.) Rather prosperous and successful rides indeed.

Funny you brought up the “fifth wheel” comment on Da’Loser because I was going to make the same exact assessment two weeks ago. Hey, it didn’t hurt Vanessa last season...but Vanessa was able to win comps. I suppose Da’Pot’s major concern was IF those five did somehow advance to the F5, she’d be a goner. You see, this is the concern that weighs heavily on a player’s mind when they are too pathetically inept to control their own fate and rely on being carried.

With Tiffany on the block even the pathetic inept joke of a “player” Da’Loser received ZERO votes, but she was clearly targeted this week. Anytime you’re on the block there’s a target on you, granted it may not be as large as the other nominee, but a target nevertheless. So Corey was targeted, but due to his POV win a target he removed from his back. As for not being at risk...the object of his affection sure didn’t think that the way she was hysterically carrying on in the DR—the same HG you placed as “Good.”

Posted by michel2 on 07-24-16 at 01:06 PM
ALL of Victor's DR comments were filmed AFTER he had beaten Vanessa. That's why seeing with the belt spoiled the outcome. Before the challenge started, Victor didn't even know Vanessa ould be his challenger. He only learned that she was the 5th boot when she walked into the arena. They then had their challenge, Victor won and THEN production asked him to deliver his taped comments. To have the belt then meant he had won it a 3rd time.

The 6th sense was only one of the multiple alliances that surfaced last season. The fact that Vanessa was able to use it AND destroy it showed that she was much more than lucky.

Yes, I'm projecting a bit in Michelle's case but there are indications she could turn out to be quite a player. The way she listens to people and her responses have been very good up to now.

Nataly is very immature but James did treat her poorly, ignoring her requests. He's the one that's in love with a girl that, mentally, is still a kid so he needs to learn how to handle her. It's not that I dislike him, it's just that you guys love him so much that I feel the need to balance things out. He lost for a reason.

I'd like to point out that it took Rachel a few rides on the choo-choo train before she got her prize. So, according to you, she never won a "real" season. I'd even agree with you here because production gave her that prize. (you must remember the joke that was the Pandora's box twist that assured her safety)

As for Jordan, she may have won but it certainly wasn't because she was a smart player. Sometimes these games crash and burn enabling a dumbass to get the winning lottery ticket.

In a F5 with 2 couples, I wouldn't need to win a comp to stay safe. I'd just have to wait to see which side wins HoH and then turn it against the other pair.

It's funny that you have to use Nicole's paranoia to try and salvage your point. Corey was the target of exactly ONE person and she didn't even have the right to vote. Da may have gotten zero votes but all 8 were thinking about voting against her. Corey was much more like Natalie: Completely safe even if he was momentarily on the block.

Posted by Aruba on 07-24-16 at 01:47 PM
I still can't comprehend how you cannot see the fact Victor won TWO rounds BEFORE his final faceoff with Tiffany. Seeing him with the belt he earned since beating Jozea is not a tip off that he beat Tiffany. I guess it's impossible to reason with anyone who has "conspiracy theory" on the brain.

I'm not saying Vanessa got as far as she did purely by luck. Quite the contrary...she had a good game plan and the alliance won comps. But she could have had a superb game plan yet if those you are aligned with can't win squat it puts you behind the 8-ball like Tiffany was.

Yes other alliances existed last season but with four of the Sixth Sense advancing to the F6, it made THEM the dominant alliance because of its early success in competitions.

I didn't see/hear James ignoring Natalie's request. Actually he responded...the dude just said he could fix his own meal. Natalie was being an over-sensitive teenager and kudos to James for being the bigger person and handling the situation.

Yes ALL TOO OFTEN seasons "crash and burn" enabling someone pathetically inept to get the winning lottery ticket(s.)

It's so easy from our perspective to Monday Morning QB and say someone was safe even though targeted. But when living in the moment in the House in REAL time paranoia is understandable and whether you wish to acknowledge the fact or not, ANYONE who is nominated is targeted and at risk.

Posted by michel2 on 07-24-16 at 03:37 PM
I fully understand that Victor was the belt holder before facing Tiffany but that wasn't when his comments were recorded. Victor's DR session about his confrontation with Tiffany was filmed after it was over. If Tiffany had won, Victor would have given HER the belt so we would not have seen it at the start of his DR session.

During each challenge, we saw DR sessions from the contestants, first saying how they felt going up against so and so, then how the competition was developping and finally how they felt after it was over. HOWEVER, those comments weren't filmed in real time. They were all filmed after the particular competitions, the players being asked to recall their impressions. So, when Victor showed the belt and said he was going to keep it despite what Tiffany would do, that meant he had already beaten her.

It's not conspiracy theory just a knowledge of how these things are filmed. Every DR session about challenges (as well as Survivor confessionals about rewards and challenges) are filmed after the fact, much like post game interviews.

Posted by Aruba on 07-24-16 at 05:04 PM
BOTH competitors comments when they were trash talking each other round by round may not have been filmed in "real time," but it still did not tip off the viewers while they were watching the episode in REAL TIME who won.

Jozea was showcasing his belt in the DR while he was competing against Victor because he was the holder of the belt after he beat Glenn. Jozea was displaying the belt and saying Victor would NOT take it from him. Could it been filmed after Victor defeated him? Sure it could have, but watching the episode play out between 8:00 - 9:00 EST would not have tipped off who the winner was.

Posted by michel2 on 07-24-16 at 05:48 PM
Errr, you are wrong: When Jossiah said he would keep the belt it was nowhere to be seen! Why? Because he didn't have it anymore, it was in Victor's hands already. Here is visual proof:

"I'm keeping it because it's sparkling and shiny just like me"

When Victor realized he was competing against Tiffany he said he was putting the belt down for a moment but only to tease Tiff because it was his. That's when he showed it in the DR:

Since that image HAD to be filmed AFTER the challenge then it tipped all the observant viewers that Victor was going to beat Tiff.

Posted by Aruba on 07-25-16 at 05:59 AM
ERRRR, sorry but none of this means anything. What you are doing is trying to create a BB version of a Nostradamus quatrain to back into a prediction that may not exist. Watching the Friday presentation in REAL time from 8:00-9:00pm EST very, very, very few would take that enjoyable episode and Nostradamus it into some twisted conspiracy or blooper.

I could make my own twisted interpretation and say when both competitors knew they were competing against each other both were pulled aside to give their personal assessments and THEN proceeded to compete after their trash-talking sessions. This would explain why Victor had the belt. Now am I going to say it HAD to have happened that way? Who knows for certain?...Point is we don't know as an indisputable fact.

I guess the REAL point is because you were unable to enjoy this special episode as Kingfish and I did you needed to go out of your way to surmise bloopers, conspiracies or whatever that may or may not have occurred.

Posted by michel2 on 07-25-16 at 01:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-16 AT 01:58 PM (EST)

>ERRRR, sorry but none of this
>means anything. What you are
>doing is trying to create
>a BB version of a
>Nostradamus quatrain to back into
>a prediction that may not
>exist. Watching the Friday presentation
>in REAL time from 8:00-9:00pm
>EST very, very, very few
>would take that enjoyable episode
>and Nostradamus it into some
>twisted conspiracy or blooper.

Your love for Nostradamus is strange. I wasn't trying to make a world-shattering prediction, just an observation of a production blooper.

>I could make my own twisted
>interpretation and say when both
>competitors knew they were competing
>against each other both were
>pulled aside to give their
>personal assessments and THEN proceeded
>to compete after their trash-talking
>sessions. This would explain why
>Victor had the belt. Now
>am I going to say
>it HAD to have happened
>that way? Who knows for
>certain?...Point is we don't know
>as an indisputable fact.

You are showing that you don't know how production works. We do know for fact how this works because numerous contestants have told us over the years.

Confessionals and DR sessions are all filmed all at once and then chopped up to place each segment judiciously within the episode. They certainly didn't pull the contestants aside DURING the competitions when Jossiah told us that he was trailing Victor 3-1 or when Victor said he didn't see how jossiah managed to catch up. Likewise, they didn't pull them aside before the challenge started. It was all filmed in one shot.

>I guess the REAL point is
>because you were unable to
>enjoy this special episode as
>Kingfish and I did you
>needed to go out of
>your way to surmise bloopers,
>conspiracies or whatever that may
>or may not have occurred.

You still don't know me. Unlike you, I really enjoy these spoilers. This "special episode" was boring and it had nothing to do with its outcome. 1 full hour without strategy or personal interactions is not for me.

Posted by Aruba on 07-25-16 at 07:22 PM
You're showing that you THINK you are the ONLY one who knows what Production may or may not do. This is the first time we ever had a Battle Back so there is no precedent with the format we watched on Friday. Well most viewers/fans watched it on Friday...others caught the Special Episode at a later time when it was watched again...and again...and again...rewind...replay...fast forward...let me create a quatrain... If you think I have a "love" for Nostradamus, it's YOU would doesn't know ME!

Obviously all four competitions could not be conducted in just one enjoyable hour so clearly I know there was chopping up. But unless you were in the editing room you cannot know for absolutely certainty how it was chopped. Some DR sessions may have been recaps of the competition played out...and some segments may not.

My assessments about the editing should not be discounted as completely wrong and yours should not be the only opinions right.

Actually I do know you pretty well...you would prefer BB to be a continuation of MTV Real World. Well if you got your wish I can assure you that you wouldn't enjoying your "spoilers" and surmising possible bloopers that conveniently fit your opinions, theories, and conspiracies because BB would have been off the air YEARS ago.

Posted by michel2 on 07-25-16 at 10:00 PM
>You're showing that you THINK you
>are the ONLY one who
>knows what Production may or
>may not do.

I've read a lot of comments from producers and contestants to know how these things are filmed. I'm certainly not alone in that.

>This is the first time we
>ever had a Battle Back
>so there is no precedent
>with the format we watched
>on Friday.

I'll concede this point but why would it be different than any other challenge. For every HoH or Veto comp we see the players step outside and then hear DR comments such as:

Player A: "I step outside and I see this huge set-up. I can't let that distract me because I have to beat Player B."

Player B: "I get to the backyard and I see all these flashing lights. I don't care, I just have to make sure A doesn't win because I want him out."

Those are all filmed after the comps. The players certainly aren't given time-outs to go back into the DR before competing. And it's not my opinion; it's what producers and players have explained.

>Well most viewers/fans
>watched it on Friday...others caught
>the Special Episode at a
>later time when it was
>watched again...and again...and again...rewind...replay...fast forward...

I assure you, I only watched once. I went back just to capture those two vidcaps.

>Actually I do know you pretty
>well...you would prefer BB to
>be a continuation of MTV
>Real World.

I don't know, I've never watched MTV. Could "Real World" be your guilty pleasure?!

Posted by kingfish on 07-28-16 at 11:43 AM
Anybody else get a chuckle when Nicole called Frank a 'Fricker'?