URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1436
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"All woman team wins TAR for the first time"

Posted by esquire on 11-20-06 at 03:00 PM
Phil keeps bringing up the point that no all-woman team has ever won TAR with the beauty queens. We never see Phil mentioning this to Alabama. I am begining to wonder if this is a purposeful twist and misdirection on the part of the producers of TAR in how they are editing the show.

We are now down to the final 4 and there are TWO all woman teams left. We have picture evidence that Alabama is in Paris. What if all this focus on the all woman team is to surpise us at the end when Alabama is the all woman team to win it all.

Admittedly, they would probably be the worse team to ever win and they have had an awful edit, but it would be an unexpected twist when the show is edited to get us looking at the beauty queens to accomplish this goal

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: All woman team wins TAR for the first time"
Posted by Snidget on 11-20-06 at 03:31 PM
That phrase has been a theme since the pre-show interviews. I hope it isn't a jinx.

They used it first with the cheerleading team but they couldn't arrange the show to save the cheerleader so now they are attaching the "first woman team to win" to the beauty queens.

If 'Bama is the first all woman team to win TAR I may never eat again.

Posted by ARnutz on 11-20-06 at 03:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-06 AT 03:34 PM (EST)

I've had these same thoughts myself and I keep denying it because... *barf*.

Let's hope we're wrong!

Posted by Peetah on 11-20-06 at 04:02 PM
Yeah, seriously. I could live with the BQs not winning, as sad as I would be. But if Alabama wins, I may have to break my love affair with the show.

But, no, they couldn't, could they? Even if BQs are yielded and elim'd, how could the moms beat the other two much more competent teams. Could they?!...

Posted by seahorse on 11-20-06 at 04:58 PM
I'd say it is 50-1 that Bama does not win.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Posted by dragonflies on 11-20-06 at 04:15 PM
Maybe they'll throw in a new twist and save the cheerleader team from Sequesterville, trading spots with the models, hopefully making it an all 2 girl finale?

Go Pack!

Posted by Loree on 11-21-06 at 10:59 AM
Bama won't win unless the other teams all get food poisoning or some other ailment. I believe their alliance with The Chos and others really helped keep Bama in the race. Now they have no friends left to help them. And the race always gets more physical near the end. I can't see them outdoing the other 3 teams in the race to win.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-21-06 at 02:58 PM
I see only one way for Bamas to win, 'Transportation Snafus'.

Example: The other teams get one plane, the Bamas another then the first plane gets delayed.

If the Bamas win, it will not be because of their abilities only raw luck can save them.

Posted by esquire on 11-22-06 at 09:54 AM
Other things can happen that lead to an upset.

1) One or more teams have major problems with a challenge that involve finding a needle in a haystack and falls way behind or Alabama finds that needle much quicker than the other teams.

2) One or more teams have problems reading a map and get lost

3) Alabama finds someone to be their guide who does a good job and gets them way ahead of the others

Posted by CSHS79 on 11-27-06 at 07:46 PM
If Phil brings it up to the Barbis and not the Bamas it's because the Barbis have continually placed 1st or 2nd. On the other hand Bama has been pretty much in the middle up to now. IMHO, I think they'd be long gone if not for the Chos,who I liked the best.
However, if we're speaking from a purely dramatic point of view,
the final 3 need to be Tyler & James, The Barbis and Bama. Rob and his partner would hardly be missed on the other hand Bama brings the drama but only if the Barbis and Tyler & James are in it.

Posted by theamazingrace on 11-27-06 at 08:41 PM
The only way Bama wins if they play the race card ala U/J did to get on a plane.

Posted by Peetah on 11-28-06 at 03:59 PM
I don't believe "the race card" had anything to do with Uchenna and Joyce winning TAR 7. They begged and begged and the pilot let them on.

Can you justify your comment?

As for Bama, they have not shown any tendency to promote their race either as a reason to get ahead.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-28-06 at 05:47 PM
U/J did not use 'race' to get on the plane, they begged and the cameras stared! In P.R. aware places that is enough!

Bamas are mean and coarse, but they have not used 'race' either. They have mention the BQs hair, their boobs, and what they consider a lack of upper covering - but never their skin colour.

Just because you don't like them (I don't either) does not mean fictional faults should be said about them.

"Trying to kill the show"
Posted by mavs_fan on 11-28-06 at 00:30 AM
You know, I've joked before that CBS seems to want to kill this show.

1st with TAR family edition, Then with moving it to Sunday Night, Now with the TAR ALL STAR edition around the corner.

What would kill this show more Effectively than BAMA winning after their negative edit all season.

Maybe CBS REALLY IS TRYING TO KILL THIS SHOW!!!