URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1433
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Week #2 List"

Posted by Aruba on 07-08-16 at 08:42 PM
I must say that was an impressive display during the POV competition. Normally the “spelling out a word” POV comp provides an abundance of bashing material for my upcoming list. Not so this season...although no shortage of other material this week to keep the snark coming.

GOOD

PAULIE – Accomplished the BB “Daily Double” (HOH and POV the same week.) Too bad he took the role of BB Coward by orchestrating the dastardly backdoor plan on Victor. Generally not advisable to nominate three HGs during your reign, but may have dodged a bullet with the way he handled Paul. Zakiyah going in heat over him pretty much solidifies his spot in this category.

MICHELLE – Teammate wins Roadkill in week #1. Teammate wins HOH and POV this past week. Teammate is HOH for upcoming week. Talk about a gal living well! At some point she will not be carried by Category-4, but for right now she couldn’t be in any better position.

NICOLE – Those who think being the first HOH is a death knell, I give you Nicole. No longer HOH; no problem. And when you consider the very next HOH was a HG she nominated, to come out of the second eviction week unscathed is quite notable. I see her staying in the House for a while.

ZAKIYAH- OK, so she probably belongs in the “Meh” category. But like Michelle and Nicole I do not see her going anywhere in the near future. And she’s still so gosh darn nice to look at.

MEH

BRIDGETTE – Congratulations on winning BB’s version of the Roulette Wheel. I predict she’ll have no less than a half a dozen handlers choosing her nominations for her and ultimately deciding on the fourth HG to participate in the Battle Back competition. The only voice she may have is if you were born with a vagina you will be safe this week.

JAMES – I know I’m ringing the bell to start another round in the ring, but I honestly do not see James as a “horrible social player.” Unlike last season when his alliance had to fight for their lives early on when the Sixth Sense were winning competitions on a weekly basis, James is able to coast so far this year.

PAUL – I’m moving him up for his efforts in fighting hard to buy himself another week. Had Paul come out ahead on the final crap shoot during the HOH comp we could have been treated to a real topsy-turvy week. But now I’m thinking more along the lines of ho-hum with enough hamsters talking into Bridgette’s ear and Paul still the primary target.

FRANK – Like Michelle, finds himself safe in the dumba$$ format of team safety. Trying too hard to be a social player. Needs to tone it down. Had he somehow led the charge resulting in a Tiffany eviction he would have easily been placed in the “Good” category.

NATALIE – Should really be bad, but she (and her plastic boobies) makes for some nice scenery for the male viewers.

COREY – Should really be bad, but he makes for some nice scenery for the female viewers.

BAD

TIFFANY- Well now, apples certainly don’t fall far from the tree. Her meltdown with Paul & Bronte already on the block AND a backdoor plan in place for Victor was so over the top. Zingbot already appropriated used the Masterful “Crying” Game line on her two-faced sister. I’m hoping she’s not around for Zingbot this season.

BRONTE-SUARUS MOUTH – Who the heck is she to be criticizing Victor’s social game?! Oh, I guess being a “Spy Girl” makes her an authority on social gameplay. *SNORT*

DA’VONNE – I swear I was ready to move her up into the “Meh” category...honestly I was. But being so openly vocal about how emotional and fragile Tiffany was only to end up being the pot calling the kettle black when SHE reacted similarly dubbing herself the fifth wheel. So the shoe doesn’t fit when it’s on YOUR foot, does it now. There’s a word for people like you—Hypocrite!

EVICTED

VICTOR – Much like last season when the HGs on one side of the House were getting picked off because of the Sixth Sense competition dominance, such is the case this year. The difference this season is Victor has a shot of getting back into the House. I’m guessing the Battle Back will be a step ladder format with the same type of competition played out four times. This could be advantageous to the earlier evictees (specifically Victor.) Of course it all depends in who are #4 and #5.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Week #2 List"
Posted by michel2 on 07-10-16 at 08:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-10-16 AT 08:43 PM (EST)

There you go again, putting words into my mouth...

"Those who think being the first HOH is a death knell, I give you Nicole."

Maybe you weren't thinking of me in one of those you mentioned but I think you did. I never used the expression "death knell" regarding the first HoH. If you were honest, you'd even remember that I wrote it was pretty much neccessary for Nicole to win that first HoH because of the House first reaction to the returnees. I've said that winning the first HoH isn't a smart way to play because it puts the player at risk when playing with total strangers.

"...I honestly do not see James as a “horrible social player.”

I do not think I ever used the word "horrible" when describing James' game. He is a bad social player but not horrible. The funny thing is that you prove my point with your very next sentence: " Unlike last season when his alliance had to fight for their lives early on when the Sixth Sense were winning competitions on a weekly basis"

A good social player would not have been in the worng alliance week after week. Look at the very best social strategist we've ever seen in shows like these: Cirie Fields. She was in the wrong side for the first vote when Aras and Shane told her in no uncertain words that she would be either the first or the second one voted out. Not only did she find a way to stay safe for that first vote but before the next one came along she was in tight with both Aras and Shane!!!!! And if that wasn't enough, she also had a Final 3 deal with Danielle and Bruce!!! By the merger, she was the one behind all the votes and the tribe's strategy. Very few come close to that level of excellence and James is certainly not one of them.

Now, I didn't watch the episode Thursday so I don't really have much to write.

The Good

1- Zakiyah: She is quietly solidifing her position.

2- Nicole: I liked the way she reacted to Tiffany's insanity by simply telling the other girls they should be simply the Fatal 4. There was no danger of getting backlash from Paulie since she had been comkpletely honest with him.

3- Paulie: I liked the way he drove a wedge between Paul and Victor.

4- Da'Vonne: She reacted the right way when Frank showed he couldn't be trusted. It could be fun seeing how she manages to go after Frank.

The Boring

1- Corey

2- Michelle

3- Natalie

4- Bronte: She seems able to read the house so maybe she'll move up.

5- James: It's funny that you don't condemn all the flirting he's doing. The guy isn't really playing the game...

The Bad

1- Frank: Telling Paulie about the 8-pack wasn't that bad but doing it without consulting your alliance was stupid. He couldn't even tell some of his allies are turning against him.

2- Tiffany:: She turned a good situation to bad. It will be hard to turn it back around.

3- Paul He's still on the outside but at least he is trying to get back in.

4- Bridget: I think it was Tribe that first called her Bridiot and I have to agree. You don't win HoH when you want to fly under the radar.

Evicted - Victor: Clueless to the end...

Posted by Aruba on 07-11-16 at 06:31 AM
No, I was not thinking of you specifically. Several on these Boards have regarded winning the first HOH as some kind of a curse. Some first HOH went on to win their seasons; others advanced to the F4. Not sure how far Nicole will go this season; my point is where ever she places will have no correlation to being the first HOH this season.

Bad social player, horrible social player, failed miserably...they’re all pretty synonymous to me. So no intent to put words in anyone’s mouth. Last season I referred to James as a “horny toad” on various occasions. As for “flirting"--you could make that a category all by itself that would “condemn” James, Natalie, Corey, and Nicole. But I never gave much regard to sappy summer camp showmances so won’t categorize it as such here.

As difficult as the last HOH comp was to try to win, it was equally difficult to try to throw. So I wouldn’t ride Bridgette too hard on “winning” HOH. I’m sure she would have much rather had someone else from Cat-4 win the competition. Even so, I’m pretty sure everyone in the House is appropriately regarding this week as Frank’s reign instead of Bridgette’s.

AHHHH, so you didn’t see Thursday’s episode. That explains how you missed Da’Pot calling Da’Kettle black. Da’Vonne is far more of an emotional Drama Queen than Tiffany IMO.

Posted by michel2 on 07-11-16 at 01:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-11-16 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

There may have been several on these boards but now it's practicaly only Kingfish, you and I. Anyway, people here know their facts and when they talk about "curse" they talk about something like Survivor's "car curse". I think you are therefore exaggerating their comments just to sound smarter than those unnamed others.

Definition of "Horrible: causing horror : very shocking and upsetting, very bad, upsetting."

So, at minimum, you shoved the word "very" in my mouth! Once again you are exaggerating to serve the same purpose. A horrible social player is someone like Devin or, to suit your memory, Jossiah. The difference is in the scale where James is just plain bad.

And I see that you neglected to consider what truly makes a good social strategist. Pains you to heed Cirie's deeds! As for the flirting, where was your indulgence when Parvati had her "summer camp showmance"?! Here your personal dislikes show from under your garments but we all know that you pardon your favorites and condemn to eternal shame those that irritate your sensitive peel.

As for Bridiot, if you are able to see that she is giving her HoH reign to Frank, then you should be able to see that she'd never be able to win the game. Thus, she'd land in the bad category. But, not for you! She won a competition so she cannot be bad!

Posted by Aruba on 07-12-16 at 09:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-12-16 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-12-16 AT 09:40 PM (EST)

Sadly the only posters we have left on this Board are Kingfish, you and myself as you stated, but I have been on these Boards for years when many more contributed. Whenever I speak in general terms I am going back to other posters as well over the years other than just us three. It should also be no surprise I converse with many Reality Show fans who do not post here so several of my general references apply to them as well.

I can easily counter the ridiculous posting your definition of horrible response by referring to my Webster’s Collegiate Thesaurus and under “Bad” the following words are listed: “poor, rotten, horrible, sinful, wicked, vicious.” But if you still insist on bashing him as a bad social player, with the attention Natalie is throwing his way I’m certain about 99% of all heterosexual men would love to be as socially inept as James. LOL

When a player makes a trend of acting like a horny toad or a skanky ho toward more than one other player that is different than two players having mutual feelings for each other and engaging in a showmance. I have definitely used this forum to bash horny toads and skanks, i.e. Perv-ati. So for BB18 if I choose not to comment on Nicole-Corey, Natalie-James, or even Paulie-Zakiyah potential showmances, I still reserve the right to be critical about Reality Show skanks.

How do you consider me “negligent” when I REPEATEDLY state the fact that players who are pathetically inept will always be regarded as non-threats and due to sucking horribly (or badly) in competitions they rarely get blood on their hands, i.e. Cirie. Spin Doctors like you will twist that as “good social strategists” but I will continue to see it as it is—advancing deep in the game because of their ineptness.

Of course I could see Bridgette will most likely never win the game. It was only last week I compared Bridgette to former HGs like Victoria, Spenser and Grandma Meg. Correct me if I’m wrong but I do not recall ANY of those three winning. I can’t believe you were unable to see my sarcasm when I “congratulated” Bridgette on winning BB’s version of the “Roulette Wheel.” I agree with Kingfish that it was an “unskilled challenge” but being safe for the week as HOH and having no risk of going home is not bad in my book. And with my belief that Frank will probably take the brunt of the rap for any repercussions leading up to eviction night is not bad for Bridgette in my book as well.

Posted by michel2 on 07-12-16 at 10:02 PM
Of course, the definition of bad will include all possible levels but do I have to also tell you that I do not see James as being sinful, wicked or vicious!!! In other words if you are horrible, you are bad but you can be bad without being horrible. I thought you'd realize the logical implication.

But I realize the reason for your mistake with your reference to James' showmance with Natalie. When I talk of social game, I don't mean simply being likable. That is just being a sociable individual. In this game, it's important to be a social strategist. In other words, you have to use social skills to advance your game. The James and Natalie showmance does nothing to advance James' game. In fact, just like the Nicole-Corey showmance, it could hurt his game.

The funny thing about Parvati is that she simply flirted while others went much further than that, actually engaging in intercourse.

As for Cirie, she was far from inept. She won the crucial final tribal IC in Panama coming from behind with Bruce's help to beat your guy, Terry. Shane said that Cirie was working her butt off in camp. Nick from LaMina even said that he realized that Cirie was the reason why Casaya stuck together and worked well together.

Posted by Aruba on 07-13-16 at 05:57 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-16 AT 06:35 AM (EST)

Fans like myself (and I may include Kingfish) who “speak” off the cuff, type our thoughts as they enter our minds, and do not submit our posts like James Joyce manuscripts tend to use related words in our assessments. I thought YOU’D realize the synonymous implication.

I now realize your mistake by referencing the residual effect of an inept player being appropriately perceived a non-threat as a “strategist.” Cirie was inept who happened to be on a decent Casaya tribe who won key tribal challenges for two main reasons. 1) they were able to swap Bruce for pathetically inept Melinda and 2) Sh!thead Sally losing the spear gun that would have provided much protein for LaMina. Actually I believe it was big burly Bob-Dog who strong armed weak, fragile, and almost 50-year old Ruth-Marie to win that crucial team IC. To even insinuate Cirie using her fat blob to sit on someone in a round as the reason for winning the IC is spinology at its hysterical worse.

For someone who continuously refuses to accept post game responses that support my factual claims, you use the likes of insignificant Nick and (dare I even mention) Shane(???) as your sources to feed your own personal agenda??? Nuff said.

"Funny thing" no one has ever engaged in intercourse on Survivor for obvious reasons. Even an easy, loose Skank like Perv-ati would be hard-pressed to lore a horny guy without soap, shampoo, toothpaste, mouthwash and deodorant.

Whereas you can make a case that Corey could hurt Nicole’s game, I truly believe Corey’s association with Nicole is definitely helping his. Jordan can come up with 500,000 reasons how the Jeff-Jordan showmance did NOT hurt her game.

Posted by michel2 on 07-13-16 at 04:53 PM
Words have importance. When quoting someone you have to respect his meaning. Exaggerating to make yourself look smart is worthless.

You are thinking of the wrong challenge in Panama. I meant the last Tribal IC where Cirie and Bruce worked together on the puzzle. And I believe what Nick and Shane said because WE saw Cirie working very hard with our own eyes.

Look, I respect Terry a lot as a person and even more so since I've been reading his comments and exchange with him in the Survivor POS Facebook page. The way he talked about his son's recovery showed that he is a great family man. However, as far as Survivor goes, Cirie is a much better player. It's an evil game and Terry is simply too honest. Cirie is the best ever at deception and manipulation and she was robbed twice of the million dollars. You won't be able to appreciate Survivor at its fullest until you recognize that.

I'm sorry but there's been plenty of indications of players doing it. Amanda and Ozzy in Micronesia for example. In BB, we've even saw some couples getting it on under the blankets...

Thank you for making my point about James' showmance. I agree, Jordan wasn't hurt by her showmance with Jeff while it's very possible that Corey won't either. That's because they are insignificant, even dumb players. The group went after the smarter of the pair in Jeff and would probably go after Nicole first this time. If you think James won't be hurt by the showmance that's because, like Jordan and Corey, he isn't a smart social strategist and not really a threat! Personally, I think your point would apply more to Natalie but if you think James won't be hurt either, I won't object!!

Posted by Aruba on 07-13-16 at 07:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-16 AT 05:08 AM (EST)

AWWWW Michel; please don't get over-sensitive and go all "Da’Vonne” on me. Fortunately I do not need exaggeration to be smart. You know I would never allow the definition of a couple synonymous words to get between us...I still luv ya, man!

Bruce was the MVP of that IC puzzle that brought victory to Casaya. I have always given Cirie props for being an opportunist in the game. To her credit scores of other castaways could have fortune fall in their laps as well and be too ignorant, moronic, or a combination of both to take full advantage of it. Deception and/or manipulation are crutches losers in life need to compensate for positive attributes they may be lacking. As evil as you wish to portray the game, Tom Westman the greatest castaway ever to play this game did not need those evil traits to win the title. YOU won’t be able to appreciate Survivor at its fullest until YOU recognize that.

Yes Big Brother HGs went under the covers and were verified to have intercourse. And they did so WITHOUT the absence of soap, toothpaste, mouthwash and deodorant.

The group went after Jeff first in their showmance because Jeff was a more viable threat in the competitions. IMO I thought Jeff was as dumb as a rock. I didn’t focus on the James/Natalie showmance so not sure what you’re thanking me for but I’ll take any gratitude you’re willing to throw my way. I emphasized the Nicole/Corey showmance. If the subject of breaking up that pair should come up I believe Corey will be more at risk.

Posted by michel2 on 07-14-16 at 01:08 PM
I have always appreciated Tom as a winner but I will point out that he had a lot of good fortune fall on his lap. Ulong was a pathetic tribe composed of wannabee models and actors. As proof, of the 7 Tribal Immunity challenges, Tom's role was key in only the first 3. The episode 4 Sumo at Sea was won by Coby while Tom sat out the last three Tribal ICs!

After the merger, Koror was fawning over Tom much like Timbira fell in love with JT. When they finally woke up, Caryn sucked the life out of any possible coup. Tom deserved the win but the opposition was so weak that it was a rather easy win.

Cirie had to fight all the way to the end, She would have won if there hadn't been two people immune at F4, an extremely stupid development. (She would have also won Micronesia if production hadn't changed from F3 to F2 at the last minute. That was the only way their "star", Parvati, could win...

Are you experiencing more memory problems? Here you wrote: "I didn’t focus on the James/Natalie showmance..."

However, In post #14, you had written: "But if you still insist on bashing (James) as a bad social player, with the attention Natalie is throwing his way I’m certain about 99% of all heterosexual men would love to be as socially inept as James..."

Then, I want to point another inconsistency: In post #17, I read the following: "Whereas you can make a case that Corey could hurt Nicole’s game, I truly believe Corey’s association with Nicole is definitely helping his..."

Now, that has become: "I emphasized the Nicole/Corey showmance. If the subject of breaking up that pair should come up I believe Corey will be more at risk."

It's not easy to argue with a guy who argues both sides!

Posted by Aruba on 07-14-16 at 08:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-16 AT 08:16 PM (EST)

At the Sumo at the Sea, Westman beat BJ (a much younger opponent) TWICE. Yes Cody beat a pathetic (and much lighter) James twice also but Tom’s victories over BJ definitely took MVP honors in that Tribal IC. Koror’s dominance was the reason for Ulong’s shortcomings thanks mostly to Westman. When casted with the greatest player ever to play Survivor, everyone else in Palau will appropriately pale by comparison.

Cirie does not win a F3 in Skankivor: Microneisa. Ozzy, James, and Erik all keep their votes for Amanda. Jason and Natalie keep their votes for Perv-ati. The other two votes would not be enough for Cirie to win. As a nurse who handles medical equipment and requires steady hands that final IC couldn’t have been any more in her strike zone and she STILL verified her ineptness. The same ineptness that allowed her to advance to the end turned out to be her final demise. How Poetic!

Your sarcastic thanks was in post #22 which IMMEDIATELY followed my post focusing on the Nicole-Corey showmance. In post #14 I was making the point that if a hottie like Natalie is attracted to James he can’t be all that socially inept. Can’t see how that’s supporting your claim of James being a bad social player.

Your short-sighted claim of being “inconsistent” and “arguing both sides” could not be any more erroneous. I believe Corey’s relationship with Nicole is definitely helping his game AND I also believe when that showmance is targeted Corey will likely be most at risk. Wherever Corey finishes this season he probably would have finished lower if NOT for his alliance with Nicole even if he is picked off before Nicole.

It's not easy to argue with a short-sighted Spin Doctor who only sees black or white.

Posted by michel2 on 07-15-16 at 05:19 PM
I'll leave you in your Bizarro world since you seem very comfortable there.

Posted by kingfish on 07-11-16 at 10:13 AM
So, Da'Vonne and Zak call Frank a Douche, to which he responds with a playful smile, "You can't call me be a Douche". So they repeat that he is a douche, so he says "well, Da'Vonne is a slut. Da'Vonne's reaction is to go off crying because Frank called her a slut.

Da'Vonne does not have the temperament to win this game. She can try to control herself, but her personality is a ticking time bomb.

Good
Nicole. Handled her HoH well, no one from what I've seen bears her a grudge. Still cute as a button. Whenever the crowd decides to go after showmances (which they should ASAP, IMo), she will have to worry. Probably not until then.

Corey. Except for Bridgette's random selection of him as a possible target, he's not in danger, and his thing with Nicole is actually a protection factor right now. Same possible future showmance danger as Nicole, however. Also, Corey is dumb as a rock. Just saying.

James. Is skating thru rather nicely. And his horndog flirting is entertaining. Is in a non-contentious position in the 8 person alliance. He also seems to be in spy mode quite often, so he should be a position to make good self preservation decisions.

Michelle. Things have fallen her way without her having to win challenges or defend herself in social interactions. Also seems to be in spy mode, although less obvious this week than last. She's sitting pretty for the moment.

Zak. I'm thinking that her alignment with Day and against Frank will come back to bite her in her lovely rear end. But that's just a feeling, and she is sitting pretty right now. Her state of constant confusion and her emotional reactions aren't going to help her as the game progresses.

Bridgette. I reluctantly put her here. She won a totally unskilled Challenge, so I give her this prop. But she has no self confidence, no decision making power, and although that's going to help her get thru this HoH with no animosity engendered thanks to Frank being the magnet this week, she's destined to be the sacrificial goat at some point. Well, she could actually make it thru to F3, like Victoria did, but the odds are really long against her winning.

Meh
Natalie She has natural social skills, but hasn't shown any challenge talents or strategic game skills. But she's cute and it's entertaining to watch her and James cavort. She apparently only dimly understands that she is (or should be) playing a game.

I like her boobs, though.

Paulie Not sure where to stick him, so he's here. He managed the Victor eviction pretty well, so there's that. Tiff resents Frank not him for her ordeal on the block. So there's that. For all that he should be given a Good rating. But he's playing to the camera too much, and he wasn't in the 8 person alliance. So something's weird there.

Paul Seems to have settled down a bit, and doesn't seem to be the target. He's handled being on the block well and he hasn't blown up his game in an emotional melt down. If he gets thru this eviction he may have a future.

Bronte. Elephant girl is the sharpest pencil in the Spy group. The few observations we've seen her make have been accurate. If Tiff is indeed the target this week, she could end up in a pretty gopod position shielded by number of bigger targets.

Frank. The obvious person to give a Bad rating to this week is Frank with all the negative comments directed towards him, mostly from Da'Vonne. But (and again, this is just a feeling) I kinda think that the Famous Last Words bugaboo will get her out before Frank. Frank is Frank, and Frank being Frank irritated Da'Vonne and Zak. And Da'Vonne, being as thin skinned as she is, is blowing up her game.

If Frank gets nominated, he will have to fight for his life. But Frank may be this season's Vanessa, the artful dodger whose strategic social skills are up to handling any adversity. If he is booted next week, who would bet against him winning the returnee challenge?

Bad
DaVonne The example above is why she deserves this rating. The old Da'Vonne is emerging. She can't help it, that's just who she is and she can't counter it by being self critical.
And her repeated statement that "She is going to get Frank out of the game" will be her Famous Last Words quote, and Frank will indeed outlast her.

Tiffany Much the same as Da'Vonne but scaled down a bit, Tiffany's personality is not conducive to playing a controlled social game like BB. Her emotional control coupled with her paranoia will cause her to spin out of control.

Gone Guy
Victor. Just no head for this game. Nice enough fellow, but naïve and with no ability to read others. His face should be in those ads for the ASPCA.

Posted by michel2 on 07-11-16 at 04:40 PM
I certainly don't agree with some of your placements, Bridiot for one, but we'll see how it turns out. I'd certainly prefer to see Da' get Frank out because it would be another clueless person getting the boot. Yes, he'd return but then he'd get the U-turn right back out. Such a stupid concept. The only good thing to ever come out of this stupid twist was seeing that idiot Oscar getting voted out THREE times in Survivor So Pathetic!

Posted by kingfish on 07-11-16 at 05:24 PM
Well, you should go back and watch the episode you missed. Bridiot did good, Frank did good, and Da'Vonne did bad. So, basically, you missed everything.

Seriously though, I'm iffy on that Bridiot ranking too, but since she did have a couple of achievements, and will probably exit her time as HoH with no enemies, I felt that this was the time to be complementary. It's quite likely that we will not have an excuse to say anything good about her again.

I was also kinda iffy on my ranking of Corey. It would have been very easy to rank him 'Horrible'. Apparently his most intelligent response to a direct question is "Well, I mean..." with a vacant look in his eyes. They had a hilarious sequence of clips with him doing that several times. Even Nicole had a comment about that.

And Da'Vonne's hypocrisy is just too much. Both in her diary room interviews where she appears to be just barely holding herself back from raging, and in her thin skinned responses to what seems to me to be joking comments by Frank. Zak called him a Douche in what seemed to be a friendly and joking manner, then Da' repeated it. Those two instigated that incident. And yet she (and apparently Zak) became incensed when he returned the compliment and called her a slut in the same joking manner with which they had called him a Douche.

Later, after she left the room crying, he apologized which he really didn't have to do, but she still holds a grudge. She's still got blood in her eye and swore an oath (several times) that she will get him out if it's the last thing she ever does.

Frank has my sympathy and I would be very happy to see her go after all that. Plus, if she lets it get personal like it seems to have, it can very well destroy her game.

On the fence about the returnee challenge. I'm sort of expecting it to be quick bounce out of the house for the returner, but if somehow it results in a shift in power and lots of turmoil, I might find that I like it.

Posted by michel2 on 07-11-16 at 06:49 PM
I read the play-by-play comments, I saw the "previously on..." segment and then Sunday's episode and, frankly, I don't think I missed anything. Frank is dumb and he should know that you don't slap a woman's butt. Borders on sexual harassment.

Also, did you hear what Bridiot had to say about the roadkill nominee? Frank will probably lose his puppet and it will be all his fault. He should have given Bridiot a little trust and asked for her input. He still could have nominated Bronte or even Natalie simply by convincing Bridiot that neither were in danger.

Tell me when has a returning player changed the game? It worked the first time in Pearl Islands but only because there were 2 returnees, the tribes had just merged with even numbers and the returners were given immunity at first. Since then, it's been like a boomerang.

Posted by kingfish on 07-11-16 at 08:00 PM
I heard what Bridgette said. I think she said the same thing last week too. I can't imagine a less threatening threat than one that comes from her.

But Frank did ask her for input. She suggested putting up Corey and Nicole who she perceived as a power couple. He didn't dictate her choices although he did influence them. She was desperate for someone to tell her what to do, and Frank stepped up. I think he was both lucky and had the savvy to take full advantage of his luck.

10 to one Frank doesn't lose his puppet. 5 to one she never learns the identity of the person that nominated Bronte.

As for the pat on the butt, you shouldn't equate workplace rules with how those in intimate circles act. Face it, Da'Vonne is primed to take offense with the slightest provocation. And there are better, more mature, and more intelligent ways of handling that kind of thing than running out of the room crying, such as, for one, lodging a complaint in the Diary room. Substantive sexual harassment complaints would be listened to there, I believe..

Not disagreeing with you in regards to the returnee deal. I'm just not definitively prejudging. Odds are you are right though.

Posted by michel2 on 07-11-16 at 11:04 PM
First, if Da made a sexual harrassment complaint in the DR, it wouldn't have aired. SeeBS would be much to scared to deal with something like that. Remember the Ted-Ghandia or the Sue-Hatch situations. Both complaints were ignored.

And, for the record, this is much more a workplace environment than an intimate situation. Except for James, the players are there on business and they are under contract so, in essence, working for SeeBS

Regarding Frank, I wasn't talking of the HoH nominations but the roadkill. He should have told Bridiot he won, asked what she wanted him to do and THEN suggested Bronte or Natalie saying it would ensure everyone voted against Tiff.

As for your bet, I'd take that action. Frank told too many people that he won it and most of those will be looking for ammo to turn a vote against him. Guess how they could get Bridiot to vote against her master? Someone with a vote is ALWAYS a threat.

Posted by kingfish on 07-12-16 at 09:21 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-12-16 AT 01:21 PM (EST)

If Da' had made a diary room complaint, and if it had been substantive, it would not have been ignored. It may not have been aired, but Frank would have been warned, at least. The lawyers would have seen to it that See the BS had it's tail covered. All that aside, not confronting him and instead running off and crying in one of the bedrooms was a pitiful reaction.

My opinion? She was flopping. She came up with this plan to use any excuse to take offense and make Frank look bad. To me, they were pretty transparent excuses.

Speaking of lawyers, I think a sex harassment lawyer would disagree with you about this being a workplace situation. It clearly (IMO, and I'm not any kind of lawyer) is not. I see what you're saying, and I imagine that if that ever came up in court that that could be the logic used by a plaintiff. But to call the BB house a workplace environment would be a real stretch.

I'm sticking to my odds on both bets. This is Bridiot, and I have faith in her obliviousness. So, a bitcoin is on the line? (First, what the hell is a bitcoin?)

Posted by michel2 on 07-12-16 at 04:21 PM
Frank's apology may very well have been a result of DR directives. As for ignoring complaints, neither Ted nor Hatch suffered any consequences from their acts. In fact, both times it was the woman that left first. It was easier that way...

You say Da may have used it as excuse but then she isn't the only one that turned against Frank and said his behavior was getting on their nerves. Are they all fabricating?

The BB house is certainly not a traditional workplace and it could be hard to make a claim under that law but touching a woman's butt isn't illegal only in the workplace. I wouldn't advise doing it on the street either. Anyway, in doubt, the law often uses wide definitions. The players are all under contract by SeeBS. They were interviewed and were all "hired" to do a "job" for the network. An individual could very well feel that refusing a guy's advance would result in the end of their stay in the house so the case could certainly be argued.

Posted by kingfish on 07-12-16 at 05:26 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-12-16 AT 05:40 PM (EST)

You did miss some of the telling parts. I'm going to be traveling and am likely to miss next week's action, so I'll probably also come up with opinions not supported by what was shown. But Frank offered an apology to Da' after Paulie and one other (Corey I believe) informed him that she seemed to be affected by his actions and was crying (IMO crocodile tears). Maybe there was a Diary room directive, but as shown, it was a solely the result of their information. They also expressed surprise by her overreaction.

Note: Da' didn't tell him to his face, she complained to the others, reinforcing my theory that she is a flopper and basically invented an excuse to paint him in a bad light. This is part of what influenced the others to turn against him. Tiff had her own reasons, of course, but Da's flopping was an influence on some of the others.

And you keep referring to the Hatch incident. I watched that season so long ago, and I remember that that incident was blown up from nothing by Sue, that she was offended by his skinny dipping, and some of what seems to be (it was shown) accidental and very brief genital contact. I thought then and I still think that Sue tried to use that as a way to discredit Hatch (a gay man, no less), not that she was really offended. She was a rough edged foul mouthed truck driver, and I doubt that that really offended her.

I also saw the Ted season, and I remember that there are questions there as to whether Ghandia was using that as a ploy to discredit Ted. I really don't have an opinion on that except to say that the he said/she said nature of that incident also means that it too falls short of a being defining sexual harassment incident, thus a worthy example of precedent.

I do think that if there was substantial claim of borderline illegal misbehavior, such as the time a hamster was threatened with a knife (by a Hantz relative, no less) that the producers would act in self preservation mode to cover their rear ends.

Posted by michel2 on 07-12-16 at 07:51 PM
Actually, I saw the part where Frank talked to Paulie and Corey but we have no way of knowing if he had been told to apologize to Da by the DR first. It would have been a natural reaction for him to go to the guys first for additional info. I simply don't believe in the integrity of SeeBS but I guess we won't agree on that either.

Posted by kingfish on 07-13-16 at 09:01 AM
We have found common ground in regard to the See the BS.

It will be interesting to see who prevails in the Da' vs. Frank matchup.

"Da Bet!"
Posted by michel2 on 07-14-16 at 01:14 PM
"10 to one Frank doesn't lose his puppet. 5 to one she never learns the identity of the person that nominated Bronte."

I've already won 5 coins from the second part of the bet. OK, Frank hasn't lost his puppet yet, (man that girl's a Bridiot!!) but it's still only a matter of time. She doesn't know about the 8-Pack yet. That should drop the scales from her eyes.

"RE: Da Bet!"
Posted by kingfish on 07-15-16 at 09:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-16 AT 09:36 AM (EST)

You can't brag yet, I'm still 5 up. I assumed you knew that the implication of the second bet was that she wouldn't learn it from someone else in the house as was your premise, but I wasn't explicit so I'll give you that one.

I can afford to be generous because I'm quite sure she will be his puppet until one of them goes out the door . She did take the news of his perfidy rather well, even though it did come from him.

Posted by michel2 on 07-15-16 at 05:16 PM
Wasn't the bet 5 to 1 that Bridiot wouldn't learn it and 10 to 1 that she'd remain his puppet? If so, then Bronte would tell you that your numbers are wrong. I won 5 coins when Bridiot found out and now I only risk 1 if she remains his puppet. At worst, I'm 4 coins up but I still have a chance to go up to 15!

Yes, I thought someone else would tell her but Frank probably realized he had screwed up by telling so many people so he did a pre-emptive strike.

Posted by kingfish on 07-15-16 at 07:09 PM
Not having specified your bet, Bronte would have to tell you that the state of the bet is indeterminate. But if you had bet one bitcoin, she and I would agree with you.

Interesting how you can impose your bias on Frank's thinking. My guess is that his estimation of Bridgette agrees with mine, that she is his love puppet.

Posted by michel2 on 07-15-16 at 09:45 PM
I'm happy to have won 5 times my virtual bet. Betting 1 coin was the minimum, wasn't it? If a bitcoin is worth a million bucks, I'm happier still!

As for Frank, I'd say it's semantics again! I wrote "Frank probably realized...". While I meant it was likely, I'm not stating it as a fact so how is that imposing a bias? It is a good possibility and, if he is smart, he would have thought it best to come clean. I'm not sure Bridiot would have reacted the same way if the news had come from Natalie and it would have if that other idiot, James, hadn't imposed a gag order on his own puppet.

Posted by kingfish on 07-15-16 at 10:41 PM
Well, saying "Frank probably..." anything without anything to go on but an opinion is imposing a bias.

Posted by Aruba on 07-12-16 at 09:28 PM
Hey Kingfish,

I was out of state since Monday morning. I just got back now and WOW did things REALLY pick up on this post!

First off, great post!
Only comments:

Hard to believe anyone would have Corey in the “Good” Category.

Although I poke fun at Bronte’s big ass dinosaur mouth I really don’t think she’s THAT ugly. “Elephant girl?” Is this a reference to the Elephant Man?

Other than that your assessments are pretty much dead on. Nice job!

Posted by kingfish on 07-13-16 at 09:08 AM
The elephant girl reference was due to how Bronte introduced herself when the first intros were made.

She waved her arm in front of her face like an elephant trunk as she was saying "I'm Bronte, you know, like a brontosaurus" (paraphrased). It seemed funny to me at the time, I mean, was she really confusing elephants or mastodons with dinosaurs?

Admittedly, Corey has a lot of Meh about him.

Posted by michel2 on 07-13-16 at 09:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-16 AT 09:50 AM (EST)

I thought the arm gesture was to imitate the long neck of a dinosaur, not the trunk of an elephant.

Posted by kingfish on 07-13-16 at 11:19 AM
That very well may have been her intention. If so, the flexing and waving fooled me. I've seen that gesture used to imitate an elephant's trunk.

Posted by Aruba on 07-13-16 at 07:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-16 AT 07:50 PM (EST)

I honestly cannot remember her hand gesture when associating her name with a brontosaurus. But reading your post and Michel's response I could see how it would be interpreted as an elephant trunk or the elongated neck/head of a dinosaur...or even her prehistoric mouth.

Posted by krismiss2us on 07-14-16 at 05:04 PM
Corey may have a lot of "meh" about him, but he sure is pretty...