URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1431
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"boycott!"

Posted by tvgeek401 on 11-22-06 at 11:18 PM
According to this, Romber is going to be on All-Stars.

Haven't we been punished enough? I'm going to have to force myself not to cry and throw things at the tv every single week.

Here's to hoping they get Philiminated first!

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!
RCA must have stock in CBS--all those destroyed tv sets need to be replaced!

Table of contents
  • RE: boycott!,vince3, 11:22 PM, 11-22-06
    • RE: boycott!,tvgeek401, 00:08 AM, 11-23-06
  • RE: boycott!,Estee, 09:16 AM, 11-23-06
  • RE: boycott!,ARnutz, 10:06 AM, 11-23-06
    • RE: boycott!,maryellennaco, 11:26 AM, 11-23-06
      • RE: boycott!,Tazluli, 05:27 PM, 11-24-06
  • YES! YES! YES!,theamazingrace, 10:33 AM, 11-24-06
  • RE: boycott!,Colonel Zoidberg, 01:11 PM, 11-24-06
    • RE: boycott!,Estee, 04:43 PM, 11-24-06
      • RE: boycott!,tvgeek401, 08:35 PM, 11-27-06
  • RE: boycott!,Seana, 02:28 PM, 11-24-06
  • RE: boycott!,cahaya, 05:41 PM, 11-24-06
  • RE: boycott!,mocha madness, 07:28 PM, 11-24-06
  • RE: boycott!,Draco Malfoy, 11:23 PM, 11-24-06
    • RE: boycott!,mjames1229, 06:03 PM, 11-26-06
      • RE: boycott!,HobbsofMI, 10:25 AM, 11-27-06
        • RE: boycott!,tvgeek401, 08:33 PM, 11-27-06
          • RE: boycott!,zipperhead, 10:05 AM, 11-28-06
            • RE: boycott!,tvgeek401, 05:14 PM, 11-28-06
              • RE: boycott!,HobbsofMI, 02:37 PM, 12-04-06
        • RE: But.. but...,foonermints, 00:10 AM, 11-28-06
  • RE: boycott!,Rhyn, 01:29 AM, 11-25-06
    • RE: boycott!,MaryKat, 11:51 AM, 11-25-06
    • RE: boycott!,anotherkim, 07:39 PM, 11-27-06
  • RE: boycott!,Max Headroom, 10:34 AM, 11-27-06
    • RE: boycott!,ladybugen, 01:05 PM, 11-27-06
    • RE: boycott!,Tazluli, 04:07 PM, 11-27-06
  • Giving in,zipperhead, 11:03 AM, 11-27-06
    • RE: Giving in,Max Headroom, 04:01 PM, 11-27-06
  • RE: boycott!,seahorse, 04:27 PM, 11-27-06
    • RE: Yay Romber!...Boo Schmirna!,tamarama, 05:54 PM, 11-27-06
      • RE: Yay Romber!...Boo Schmirna!,Max Headroom, 08:23 AM, 11-28-06
        • RE: Yay Romber!...Boo Schmirna!,dabo, 11:07 AM, 11-28-06
      • RE: Yay Romber!...Boo Schmirna!,mjames1229, 05:07 PM, 11-28-06
        • RE: Yay Romber!...Boo Schmirna!,tamarama, 09:47 AM, 11-29-06
  • RE: boycott!,Karchita, 04:41 PM, 11-27-06
    • RE: boycott!,dabo, 00:50 AM, 11-28-06
  • RE: boycott!,foonermints, 07:30 PM, 11-27-06
  • RE: boycott!,J Slice, 08:47 PM, 11-28-06
  • RE: boycott!,Earl Colby Pottinger, 11:54 AM, 11-30-06
    • RE: boycott!,vince3, 11:39 PM, 11-30-06
      • RE: boycott!,Earl Colby Pottinger, 02:44 PM, 12-02-06
    • RE: boycott!,udg, 00:28 AM, 12-04-06
  • Bouncing in late...,aquariaqueen, 08:23 AM, 12-04-06
  • RE: boycott!,LibraRising, 01:19 PM, 12-04-06
    • RE: boycott!,Earl Colby Pottinger, 12:23 PM, 12-05-06
  • RE: boycott!,Starshine, 05:01 AM, 12-05-06
    • RE: boycott!,dabo, 10:32 AM, 12-05-06
      • RE: boycott!,Earl Colby Pottinger, 12:22 PM, 12-05-06
  • RE: boycott!,OutOfSync, 12:13 PM, 12-05-06
    • RE: boycott!,dabo, 12:20 PM, 12-05-06
      • RE: boycott!,maryellennaco, 12:49 PM, 12-05-06
  • RE: boycott!,Mr Canuck, 05:55 PM, 12-06-06

Messages in this discussion
"RE: boycott!"
Posted by vince3 on 11-22-06 at 11:22 PM
Unfortunately, there's some teams I wouldn't mind seeing some of the mentioned as possible teams in that article, including one team from this season who's already gone.......

Because 3 Vinces are better than one.

Posted by tvgeek401 on 11-23-06 at 00:08 AM
True. I do like David and Mary and look forward to watching them again.

However, I'm worried that seeing teams that I'd previously liked in another season will become overkill and I'll come to hate them, as happened with most Survivor castaways in A.S.S.

Posted by Estee on 11-23-06 at 09:16 AM
I'm okay with it.

Slicey, on the other hand, is probably about to kill something.

Posted by ARnutz on 11-23-06 at 10:06 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-06 AT 10:08 AM (EST)

I was thinking to myself yesterday that I WILL NOT watch until they get eliminated!!!

Of course, I held myself back from making an all out vow to do so because I probably won't be able to make myself not watch.

ETA: I don't understand why these shows INSIST on having an All-Stars edition anyway! I'd prefer the former contestants all be locked in a vault never to be seen again! ...and I mean that even for the ones I like. Give some new peeps a chance!

Posted by maryellennaco on 11-23-06 at 11:26 AM
With you 100%, ARnutz!! I absolutely don't want to have ROMBER on my TV screen AGAIN!! I was just about to get over my case of disgust when I see their dumb faces on the homepage of THIS website. On Thanksgiving, no less!!! BBLLEEECCCHHHHH!!!!

Posted by Tazluli on 11-24-06 at 05:27 PM
Yes, I almost threw up the Thanksgiving dinner I worked so hard on preparing when I saw their faces on the web-page.

"YES! YES! YES!"
Posted by theamazingrace on 11-24-06 at 10:33 AM
I'm glad TAR has decided to give Rob and Amber another chance as they got screwed by the show letting the other team on the plane with the help of the RACE CARD being played on American Airlines.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-24-06 at 01:11 PM
All I have to say is this - they really were good racers the first time, but this counts as FOUR reality shows they've appeared on. That I'm aware of. Jesus H. Christ, that's a little much. But if they race like they did the last time, they will make for good villains...although if teams want to hate them this time, hopefully they will find better reasons than "OH HOLY FVCK IT'S ROMBER!!!!11111oneoneeleventyone EXCUSE ME WHILE I $#!* MYSELF!"

Posted by Estee on 11-24-06 at 04:43 PM
That I'm aware of.

You missed a few.

Posted by tvgeek401 on 11-27-06 at 08:35 PM
Like the Romber wedding ceremony.
And weren't there talks of a Romber sitcom at some point?

Posted by Seana on 11-24-06 at 02:28 PM
It's too much to hope for that they get Philiminated first, I think. I am tired of seeing their faces. I really disliked the disharmony they brought to the boards the last time.

I thought about boycotting, but then I'd have to give up playing Phil.

I don't like these All-Star things either *waves to Nutz* and for the same reason: I want to see people I don't know. I want to get to know them over the season, bid them adieu and then never see them again.

Posted by cahaya on 11-24-06 at 05:41 PM
If they do this, you will see me parked in the Bashers forum.

A colorful multicultural creation by tribephyl.

Bash, bash, bash!

Posted by mocha madness on 11-24-06 at 07:28 PM
I could do without seeing that smirking idiot once again. I wonder if it occurs to Amber that the way Rob treats other people is exacting how he will treat her when her looks fade, and she is no longer the hot babe he married.

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 11-24-06 at 11:23 PM
*dies a little inside*

This numbskull's going to keep trying until he actually wins something, isn't he?

BIGGEST. ATTENTION WHORES. EVER.

Posted by mjames1229 on 11-26-06 at 06:03 PM
If Chip and Kim are to be believed (and there is no reason they shouldn't be) I am very disappointed that they didn't first invite ALL champions. Once some or more started declining, then the second place teams, etc.

Sorry, but David and Mary the team of Charla and Mirna are not All-Stars. As a matter of fact, David and Mary aren't particlarly good racers.

I didn't like Colin and Christy or Rob and Amber, but at least they were runner ups and can probably deserve to be called All-Stars.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 11-27-06 at 10:25 AM
I'll agree....Dave and Mary are good people and so are Charla but they are not All-Stars......

As fro Romber....I won't watch...I can't....I'll break my new plasma so can't do it....

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

Posted by tvgeek401 on 11-27-06 at 08:33 PM
Plasma?!
I hereby declare that all meetings of the Romber Hater Club will be at Hobbs's house.

Posted by zipperhead on 11-28-06 at 10:05 AM
Dang it! I just declared my support for them, too.

Can I come anyway if I bring the chips and salsa?

Posted by tvgeek401 on 11-28-06 at 05:14 PM
Chips and salsa?
I guess we'll let you in this time, just don't let it happen again.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 12-04-06 at 02:37 PM
Yep...Plasma with my new H20 DirecTv HD DVR box....so all locals are in HD plus another 10 to 15 channels of HD....and boy....it's great and the box automatically adjust to the proper HD signal.

I'll host the Romber haters club.....

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

"RE: But.. but..."
Posted by foonermints on 11-28-06 at 00:10 AM
You're watching Jericho?

Maybe Gnommie can help.

Posted by Rhyn on 11-25-06 at 01:29 AM
Whee! I love them!

Posted by MaryKat on 11-25-06 at 11:51 AM
I'll watch after they are eleminated.

Posted by anotherkim on 11-27-06 at 07:39 PM
me too!!! Woohoooooo!

After all, it is The Amazing Race, not the Amazing Block Party--Vardis

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-27-06 at 10:34 AM
I'll watch begrudgingly, then rejoice when Romber gets Philiminated. Hopefully I will be rejoicing very early in the season.

Posted by ladybugen on 11-27-06 at 01:05 PM
>I'll watch begrudgingly, then rejoice when
>Romber gets Philiminated. Hopefully
>I will be rejoicing very
>early in the season.
>
>

Same here!

I don't think "all-stars" has to mean the people that won....for crying out loud they already won a million! It should have been teams that we loved (or hated) and/or that played really well. Yes, I know that leaves Romber in the bunch so in a way I'm okay that they are playing....at least I know I will watch each week begging for an elimination.

Posted by Tazluli on 11-27-06 at 04:07 PM
Same here. Hopefully they will be the first ones gone. Doubtful though. CBS will keep them on as long as they can.

"Giving in"
Posted by zipperhead on 11-27-06 at 11:03 AM
Last time they were in TAR, I started a thread about the various laws that Rob may have broken (and boy did that thought go over well in the midst of Romber fever).

I would actually cheer for them this time. Why? Because I am an agent of Chaos and nothing would serve our cause better than to have horrible people like them (geg's onetime encounter notwithstanding) on reality shows. They are divisive and sneaky and horrible to watch, but this would force people to take stands and voice their opinions instead of just being tv zombies.

The higher the agitation, the greater the cogitation I always say.

"RE: Giving in"
Posted by Max Headroom on 11-27-06 at 04:01 PM
...tv zombies... I like it!

Oddly enough, I'm neutral about Romber; to me, they're just another set of reality TV contestants. They've already had much more than their allotted one shot at fame and fortune, so why are we getting them again? Let me predict: Rob will be conniving and entertaining to watch, while Amber will be perky and cute and do little of consequence. Then they will get Philiminated and not win, AGAIN.

Posted by seahorse on 11-27-06 at 04:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-06 AT 04:27 PM (EST)

I'm glad to see Romber back. They made their season the best ever in my opinion. I did not like them at all on Survivor and pulled against them, but I thought they were excellent racers on TAR and enjoyed seeing what they would do next.

Dave and Mary will probably be the first team eleiminated in an all-star edition of TAR. They are good people but pathetic racers.

"RE: Yay Romber!...Boo Schmirna!"
Posted by tamarama on 11-27-06 at 05:54 PM
I'm with Seahorse.

HATED them on Survivor. I think because I was perpetually screaming at all the others for being stupid enough to let Romber run away with the whole game.

But on TAR? They cracked me up. Loved them. I think because on TAR, no matter how much crap any team may pull, racers still succeed or fail because of their own skills (or lack). So I was able to just laugh at Romber...& shake my head at Lyn & Alex for being stupid enough to let Romber get to them.

I'm also OK with an All-Star version of TAR vs. ASS or BB. As I said, each team rises or falls by their own skill level. Some existing relationships may inspire brief alliances, but alliances don't work well for long on TAR.

I am - however - a little diappointed that they're putting some fairly poor racers in the mix. David & Mary? Glad you expanded your horizons - you're weak racers, go away.

Schmirna? You were not only poor racers, you made my ears bleed. PLEASE go away.

As we all complained during ASS and BB7 -- "All Stars" should mean ALL STARS. Not necessarily all winners - but GOOD RACERS.

(shouldn't we all just be glad that they didn't invite Alison & Danny back?)

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-28-06 at 08:23 AM
We've debated it before, but how does CBS define an "all-star"? Is it a team who finished in the top 3 of a previous season? (Unfortunately that includes Romber.) Do past winners get to try again? What about unlucky early-exits like Lena/Kristy? Don't we need a couple of strong-racing villains like Colin/Christie or the Guidos?

What it looks like we're getting is the ratings-inspired CBS version of all-stars. That means ratings magnets Romber are automatically included, along with "controversial" or "likable" teams like Charla/Mirna and David/Mary who also happen to be horrible racers. And "boring" winners like Chip/Kim and Rob/Brennan don't make the grade.

I just hope all-star TAR is more watchable than all-star Survivor.

Posted by dabo on 11-28-06 at 11:07 AM
I think CBS defines allstar according to who generates the most press. Good or bad, a lot of press is what it's all about. Lamber was only cast for Survivor All-Stars because those ahead of her on the list decided not to play.

Posted by mjames1229 on 11-28-06 at 05:07 PM

>(shouldn't we all just be glad
>that they didn't invite Alison
>& Danny back?)

How do we know they didn't? )

Posted by tamarama on 11-29-06 at 09:47 AM
DON'T SCARE ME!!

Posted by Karchita on 11-27-06 at 04:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-06 AT 06:17 PM (EST)

I'm just thankful that Jonathan and Victoria and the Weavils won't be back. Romber I can stomach.

Posted by dabo on 11-28-06 at 00:50 AM
Jonathan and Victoria recently had a baby, I would have to thoroughly deplore them both had they taken off to do another TAR at this time.

For whatever reasons they must genuinely love each other; I hope they can focus on that love in life's hardest adventure, raising children.

Posted by foonermints on 11-27-06 at 07:30 PM
As soon as I he stops throwing up, the Travelocity Gnome will be available for grief counseling.

Urp! I don't feel so good.

Posted by J Slice on 11-28-06 at 08:47 PM
That's it.

Les Moonves officially hates every one of his viewers.

Romber. A-fvcking-gain.

WHY?!?!!

Will there be an upcoming CBS special on the conception of their horrible spawn, too?

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-30-06 at 11:54 AM
I just read a rumour that Jonathan is back too. Normally this would make me want to puke and boycott TAR myself.

But the rumour gives his partner as Colin - as in 'My Ox is broken' and 'quarrel with a police office in a non-western country' Colin.

A better match I can't imagine (is there an icon with an evil grin?).

The thought of Jonathan threatening Colin with a raised hand or a push brings a grin to my face at the expected firework.

My only beef is doesn't Jonathan just have a new child - and the same for Colin. The race is more important to these people than their families?

Posted by vince3 on 11-30-06 at 11:39 PM
The only thing I figure is that Christie and Victoria were left behind to take care of their respective infants, maybe even rooming together, since their hubbies are racing for them.....

Evil Grin? } + > =

Because 3 Vinces are better than one.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 12-02-06 at 02:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-06 AT 02:47 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-02-06 AT 02:45 PM (EST)

Those two sharing the same building, plus two crying infants - no wonder the men signed up for the race

PS. Thanks Vince of the icon.

Posted by udg on 12-04-06 at 00:28 AM
OK, that would be enough to get me to tolerate another round of Romber. Maybe. If I have alcohol.

<-- doesn't drink
Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

"Bouncing in late..."
Posted by aquariaqueen on 12-04-06 at 08:23 AM
I'll give all-stars a shot because I love the show and the race. Generally, I don't like all-stars shows, but Big Brother was pretty cool.

My problem with boycotting it would be the fact that the powers at be would decide that nobody likes the race, instead of the fact that it was all-stars and it get cancelled.

Thanks to Seana for my sigpic!!!

Posted by LibraRising on 12-04-06 at 01:19 PM
Oh boy.

So -- what's the over/under for how long it takes Rob to make some sort of disparaging remark about Team Guido?

A kyngsladye klassic with an IceCat chaser

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 12-05-06 at 12:23 PM
First leg, in the first fifteen minutes

Posted by Starshine on 12-05-06 at 05:01 AM
My word, it's been quite a while since I last posted!

Anyway, missed season 9 although I hope to catch up with it some time.

However I did see season 8, not being a Survivor fan (it only lasted one season over here) I hadn't seen Roberto and Amber before, in much the same way as I hadn't seen Alison before.

They seemed to have a small advantage over the other teams because some people recognised them and were willing to help. However I would say that they had no bigger advantage than any of the Barbie teams have had with their looks.

As racers, apart from sprinting away from the diving roadblock, they were very good. They managed to wind other teams up in a way that no other team seems to have managed, and the underhandedness that they^H^H^H^H Roberto seemed to be prepared to undertake was good to watch.

I appreciate that reality show watchers may well be fed up with them appearing on their 5th show, however as someone who has only seen them once before it works for me!

Posted by dabo on 12-05-06 at 10:32 AM
Welcome home, Starshine! You should post more often.

When Rob and Amber raced before, some of the teams familiar with them from Survivor fixated on "Oh my Heck, it's Rob and Amber!" That gave R&A a slight advantage in manipulating those teams even though it also made R&A targets.

In an allstar race I expect this to be less of a factor, the other teams will be more inclinced to go "Oh, Rob and Amber, them again, meh," just like they should.

The great thing is it is always a good show when Boston Rob flames out and bites the dust. Don't know when it will happen but it always works out that way, and it is always good teevee.

Just remember too, the guy can't digest disgusting numnums ever, he gots no stomach.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 12-05-06 at 12:22 PM
While I thought it was one of his best moves talking so many teams out of the food task, I don't see it working in am all-stars race.

1) Lots of them would have seen how it got him ahead the first time and will not want to give him the same lead again.

2) All of them have 'been there-done that', and would already be prepared to do the task. I hope!

Posted by OutOfSync on 12-05-06 at 12:13 PM
So since there is general agreement that not ALL participants on this next edition are STARS, and in keeping with the travel theme, can we start referring to it as the "Retread" Edition?

Posted by dabo on 12-05-06 at 12:20 PM
Welcome aboard! Yes, by all means, let's all start calling this Retread TAR! Excellent suggestion!

Posted by maryellennaco on 12-05-06 at 12:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-06 AT 12:50 PM (EST)

Great first post OutofSync!! And FABULOUS IDEA!!! TAR RETREADS!! I love it!!!:

Welcome to the boards!

Posted by Mr Canuck on 12-06-06 at 05:55 PM
I don't see why Romber wouldn't be just as entertaining as they were during their TAR appearance (unless Rob, in marital bliss, has becomes real sheepish and chooses to merely follow the pack...)

But Forget that... What I would like to see is more inter-reality show mingling on an All Star edition. Didn't Dr. Evil Will talk about doing the race with the Buxom Blonde Janelle (BB All Star) I think they would do very well and you could have a showdown of evil teams (Who's evil..ll..ler...) Or better yet an "alliance"?...hmmmmm

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!