URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID90
Thread Number: 143
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"HG's can now give spoilers before leaving the SO House?"

Posted by snowflake2 on 01-01-06 at 07:38 PM
In previous seasons of SO, the HG's were not allowed to talk about outcomes on SO, or have websites, or give interviews in "real time" until their episodes finished airing.

So I'm wondering why all of a sudden, these women can have websites, give out "spoilerish" info, & give interviews while their episodes have not finished running??

Allison is still in the house (TV time) but we already know from her "Charlotte Observer" interview what her graduation "gifts" will be.

Jill is still in the house (TV time) but already has a website where she talks about her new DJ gig, & lets us know she is living in California.

Christina is still in the house (TV time) but is already on MySpace telling everyone to get ready for her "juicy" book "Running in High Heels".

Is the "secrecy" thing no longer part of the contract? Do these women all expect to be such "stars" by the time they leave the house that the secrecy is moot?

I guess Allison was the first deviation from the "rule" in that she had a website up & running while she was still in the house. But it didn't really give any spoilers...I guess it mainly existed to beg $$$. (I guess she wanted to cash in BEFORE her "real" debt story played out on TV...probably not as many people would have wanted to donate if they knew they were buying her peasant tops & junk jewelry instead of defraying the cost of her chemo.)

Anyone know why they are allowed to do this now?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: HG's can now give spoilers before leaving the SO House?"
Posted by SOfan0221 on 01-01-06 at 07:48 PM
It does seem this season as though the HG's are more open about what is going on than in the past two seasons, but in my opinion this season seems more reality TV than women helping women.

Heck, if they are going to blab then how about the real dish on Sommer and her adventure in SO, an update on Karen from season 2, and what is going on with Towanda's theft charge?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Posted by snowflake2 on 01-01-06 at 08:38 PM
Yes, I guess the HG's can "speak" when it comes to self-publicity and trying to further their careers, but when it comes to what REALLY goes on in the House, they are suddenly "bound by contracts".

Posted by EnfanTerrible on 01-01-06 at 11:47 PM

Makes sense to me. For Jill, she's on the radio, so it's not like people won't know what she's doing. She just can't talk about what happened in the house that hasn't aired yet.

Posted by Labyrinth on 01-02-06 at 10:19 AM
Allisham and Jessica's news articles were Public Relation releases through B-M. I don't know that for a fact but just base it upon my own experience as a journalist.

I think they were released, especially Allishams', right before the holiday break. Well, even B-M admits that due to a "scheduling problem" Allisham didn't graduate by the end of 2005. Something caught them off guard but the press release had already been sent.

On Jill's part - I'm not sure what is going on. Perhaps this means she graduates in the very near future. Another thought is that IV put it to her that she needed to get a job as part of her healing - and that she is working while in the SO house.

On Christina's part - I think she is kicked out of the house and it is going to happen soon. I think her posting about TJ graduating (which I don't think is true) is out of spite towards the SO. Besides when did Christina ever follow the rules? She has a separate set courtesy of IV.

Posted by OklaBlue on 01-02-06 at 10:42 AM
Do they kick someone out every season?
If the show is 2 - 3 months out, i.e., what we are seeing happened a couple months ago, the original six women have probably all graduated by now.
What happens at the end of the season...does everyone graduate? I don't remember seeing an end of season show. What happens to the left-overs? Do they come back next season?

Posted by PoohRocks on 01-02-06 at 10:46 AM
I wondered the same thing. The season has to come to a conclusion at some point - hence, "season 1," "season 2," etc. So, how do they transition from one to the other? Whoever graduates graduates and the others are just left to their own devices?

Where is Jill's website? I didn't know she had one!

Posted by OklaBlue on 01-02-06 at 11:47 AM
It's listed under one of the Jill threads.

Posted by EnfanTerrible on 01-02-06 at 01:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-02-06 AT 01:51 PM (EST)

All the houseguests' websites can be found under "links and compilations" on the Starting Over General Discussion forum. It's a great thread, it has a lot of good info in it.

Posted by PoohRocks on 01-02-06 at 03:04 PM
Sorry. Should have searched before opening my electronic mouth.

Posted by SOfan0221 on 01-02-06 at 11:34 AM
Last season they had those two day mass graduations at the end of the season but Allison was the only one invited back.

Layne married herself, Tess got asked to leave, Vanessa's graduation got postponed a day or so because of Tess, and
Megg and Allison graduated together. Karen had been sent to rehab so she wasn't around at graduation or season end.

Having said that it would seem to me that any houseguest that happens to venture onto SO near season end, be it a HG that has been there for awhile or a newbie will get graduated and set free by the time the season finale is done. Doesn't do much justice to those that arrive late does it?

Posted by lovemydogdude on 01-04-06 at 01:08 AM
anyone can copy and paste a photo...do u really believe these sites are these women's??? I still like to look at them but question who actually created them and I would be suprised if the ladies were allowed to give out any info until all is aired...