URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1426
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"FINAL RECRAP: A minor surprise and a shocker..."

Posted by Aruba on 09-25-15 at 06:58 PM
The minor surprise is Steve becoming a man right before our eyes.

Great call, Austin. Hey Kingfish, you sure Austin’s not part of your Carpenter’s Union? LOL Seriously, as obvious as it seemed to take Liz to the Finals, former Reality Show players, i.e., Colby (S2), Lil (S7), and most recently Cody (BB16) all handed over championships that were within their grasp.

The Jury tried feverishly to make him say he was a “floater” but Steve would have none of it...good for him. His competition record as well as noted alliances were enough feathers in his cap to make his case. Not surprisingly and understandably BOTH finalists used their proactivity for winning competitions when making their cases.

For the most part, props to the Jury for voting in the spirit of true gamesmanship. Certainly Julia voting for the girl with whom she shared the same placenta and Austin voting for the one he fell in love with are understandable...Vanessa is another story.

Finale Night just crystalized the type of individual she truly is. She admits she would have voted out Steve, yet showcases to America the lying, potty-mouth is also a soooore loooosing Bitter Betty. And by stating about “95%” of what she said and did in the game was “honest,” let’s add delusional to the mix. Hypocrisy at its worst.

It’s hysterical not many batted an eye when she announced her real profession (along with her net worth for good measure.) The only real reaction was Steve nodding his head as if to say he never bought the DJ nonsense in the first place. Although in a meager self-justifying effort, she says she did DJ “at one time”...yeah, probably playing music at Mel’s last B-Day party. LOL.

Yet despite the host of negative and accurate criticisms, had she been able to close the deal and win her way to the Finals and be crowned Champion it would have been deserving...but I’m SOOOOO glad Steve ultimately had the spine to take out the trash.

Being in the bashing mood, what the heck was that all about with Da’Vonne and her attack on Austin??? How does a loser who was the second evictee of the season have the audacity to criticize another HG for finishing fifth? Shame on Production for giving her any airtime.

And Jason...the reason Vanessa played her masterful CRYING game and did not have to own up to what she did during the season is because pretty much everyone had her figured out. Heck, even bubblehead Meg during the roundtable Jury discussion hosted by Will confirmed Vanessa “didn’t fool anyone.” Now if you can’t fool Meg, THAT’S pretty poor! For that reason alone, I personally could never put Vanessa in the same category as Dan, Will, and Derrick in this game.

But the real shocker in my mind was James winning the 25K. I think most (including myself) thought Jmac had it in the bag. I would suspect a large percentage of the fan base was thinking along the same lines as did last season’s champion Derrick who appropriately complimented James on his proactive gameplay. Even so, my vote would still go to Jmac, but its proof many, many more agreed with Kingfish and my assessments throughout the season pertaining to James gameplay.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: FINAL RECRAP: A minor surprise and a shocker..."
Posted by michel2 on 09-26-15 at 05:48 PM
It's not because Liz couldn't make a good argument that Steve was a deserving winner. Had I been sitting in her chair, I would have told the jury just how dumb Steve's claim to have formed an alliance was. I would have told them that the "scamper squad" that made Steve so proud was really a joke, a way for the four remaining members of the 6th Sense alliance to keep the free vote in check.

If I were in Liz place I would also have given a much better answer to the question of my best move: I would never hav ementioned winning competitions, I would have told everyone that I was responsible for keeping the 6th Sense together. The alliance was about to implode when Jason told Shelli and Vanessa about Austin's plan to throw Julia under the bus. I would have explained at length that I was the one that regrouped the alliance, saved Austin and eventually got the vote turned against Jason.

Liz should have silenced Steve by proving to everyone that he was a floater.

As for Vanessa, everyone in the house, Julie and dr Will said she played a great game. That should tell Aruba that she did fool everyone enough to get them in the jury house and to stay safe but he has this fan fic and this big agenda against her. The funny thing is that he'd probably like her if I didn't!!!!!

As for James winning the fan prize, I think the choice was pathetic. Now we will have people going into the house with the idea of pulling pranks instead of playing the game. That's really what got him the votes, not his game!!!

PS. Aruba, it's funny that you didn't mention anything about Vanessa losing her puppy dog. You were SOOOOOO certain I was wrong when I said that Vanessa had lost him. I think he would have taken her if she hadn't won the F5 Hoh and nominated him. We can't know for sure but we absolutely do know that the first time Steve talked about taking Vanessa out of the game was during her reign as HoH. It proved to be a BIG mistake.

Posted by Aruba on 09-27-15 at 10:36 AM
Hey Michel…thanks for chiming in.

Actually I did talk about Vanessa losing her puppy dog and I admit I was wrong with that prediction. Not all my predictions are always correct...then again I never peek at spoilers. So allow me to rephrase my statement: We all watched Steve grow from a “puppy dog” to a man right before our eyes. Quite frankly I didn’t think he had it in him, but he proved many wrong. He made it crystal clear the reason he would not take Vanessa to the Finals was because he felt she could not be beat on Finale Night and would win Jury votes by taking out a strong player REGARDLESS of how the F5 HOH panned out. Drawing a correlation between the F5 HOH and Steve evicting Vanessa is another one of your patented spins. Taking out Vanessa was by far the biggest feather in his cap in the eyes of the Jury and consequently nothing Liz could have said in the F2 would have overcame that convincing move he earned to win the championship.

I agree with everything you mentioned about the woulda, coulda, shoulda with Liz; but in the end it would not have made any difference. MAYBE saying what you posted might have swung Shelli but the other five voting for Steve would have still given him their votes regardless. Sure the Scamper Squad was silly; at the end of the day about 95% of all alliances formed on all Reality Shows turn out to be complete and utter nonsenses. I didn’t interpret Steve mentioning the Scamper Squad as any source of personal pride as much as to justify he was not the floater some Jury members painted him to be. Announcing your win record in competitions over the season has crowned several champions over the years—but if you do plan on using that appropriate approach you better be sure you won more than the finalists you’re sitting next to. Not the case with Liz sitting next to Steve so needless to say that blew up right in her pretty little face.

I have always stated Vanessa played the most deserving game of the season. But she didn’t get as far as she did by “fooling” everyone...DR confessions should tell anyone watching the season that. She did mostly because everyone appropriately perceived her as a meat shield or human lightening rod in the House. That coupled with enough idiots doing just enough to hang themselves paved the way for her. There’s very little chance I could ever like a two-faced, potty-mouthed, lying, self-centered b!tch that defined Vanessa regardless of how you personally felt about her. For the record I think Evil D!ck was/is more vile than Vanessa, yet I’ll always contend he earned and deserved his championship. Just another example of how I differentiate acknowledgement of the type of individual someone truly is verses if they deserve to win their respective season.

Over the course of every season when a Reality Show had a fan fav winner, I’ve always felt fans generally have four criteria to determine that winner: A) Likability and/or entertainment value, B) the one who was most influential during the season, C) Proactivity/big game moves being their own person to set them apart from the rest, D) the underdog...someone pathetical inept but manages to advance and grow into a role.

The trick when predicting who the fans will vote as the winner depends on which of the four criteria takes precedent for any given season. This BB season Johnny Mac was “A,” Vanessa was “B,” James was “C,” and Steve was “D.” Apparently as per the voting results “C” took precedent this season. Once again, not what I would have personally prioritize, but I can understand the thinking process. Because turnaround is fair play, the funny thing is perhaps you would have also understood and might have even liked James if I (and Kingfish) didn’t! HaHa!! Touchee!!!

Posted by michel2 on 09-27-15 at 11:48 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-15 AT 06:11 PM (EST)

I feel I need to address James forst. If your categories are right then james won because of A) Likability and/or entertainment value. His pranks earned him that money. That and the fact that reality TV viewers have always had a favorable bias for Asian Americans (look at Shii Ann's popularity as the perfect example) John and Jason being top 3 showed that the viewers ONLY considered entertainment which isn't a bad idea at all but I have different tastes for entertainment.

As for me hating James because you like him, I have proof that it isn't the case. Look back at your week 4 list, the first one I joined because I was too busy to look in Bashers during the first three weeks. That week, you had James rated very low yourself (8 out of 13) so I had no idea he was one of your favorites yet I wrote:

11- James: Whenever I see him, I am reminded of the song "China Grove" by the Doobie Brothers: "People of the town are strange" and so is this messy guy.

I never found him interesting at all.

Steve's main point during his talk to the jury was to point to his friendship with Austin that eventually led to the formation of the "Scamper Squad". Liz could hav emade the jury laugh at him if she had simple told Steve the reason behind that fake alliance that he was the outer layer of their onion and that he did his job perfectly well when he evicted Jackie. She could have gotten Shelli AND Jackie's votes by making that case which would have been enough.

If the other players saw Vanessa as a meat shield and a lighting rod then she absolutely DID fool them. She wasn't that at all because, like Steve (and you!) said, she would have been unbeatable in front of the jury.

ETA: Did you notice that the $500K was decided by a Mickey mouse challenge? Both players were simply making guess of what they thought the players said once they were on the jury. A Final challenge should always be about endurance and the simpler the better. Who wants it?

Posted by Jims03 on 09-27-15 at 07:29 PM
Vanessa Rousso is the most interesting Big Brother houseguest cast in the past five years.

Posted by kingfish on 09-28-15 at 08:59 AM
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID9/1425.shtml#14