URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 1418
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"political fairness??"

Posted by survivorscott on 07-08-08 at 04:37 PM
Someone help me out here. I always thought that TV had to give equal time for both candidates. In the promo's for this season of Big brother one contestant is pro Obama, and suposedly that was the hook for her to be on the show (strong political beleifs). What constitutes 'coverage" of a candidate and will Mccain supporters cry foul?

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: political fairness??"
Posted by Snidget on 07-08-08 at 04:47 PM
Um, I thought those standards used to only be applied to news programming, not entertainment shows.

I also thought they relaxed those standards.

Looking at the cast list there are definitely some conservatives that can provide equal time if need be.

Posted by ajs002004 on 07-19-08 at 11:30 PM
The equal time, or more accurately, the equal opportunity provision of the Communications Act requires radio and television stations and cable systems which originate their own programming to treat legally qualified political candidates equally when it comes to selling or giving away air time. From.. http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/E/htmlE/equaltimeru/equaltimeru.htm

They aren't selling air time to the obama campaign by having Libra on there so there is no violation.

Must point out that I'm not an obama fan myself just stating the facts.

Posted by krismiss2us on 07-20-08 at 03:10 AM
I didn't know politics went into play in BB....I thought I was watching it for entertainment value and to get away from all the political BS. or did i miss something? I think I did...what is the deal about obama? what did libra say?

Posted by Snidget on 07-20-08 at 06:00 AM
In her introduction to who I am video she said she was the only Obama supporter in her neighborhood. Everyone else is solidly Republican.

Posted by krismiss2us on 07-22-08 at 11:09 PM
Thanks! Now that I'm caught up on that, I must put in my two cents and urge people to vote for Ron Paul - he's the guy who's not republican or democratic....an independant....Ok off my soapbox.

What is the deal with Jessie and all his "respect" BS?

Posted by Snidget on 07-23-08 at 06:05 AM
Eh, a lot of people have that issue.

A lot of people walk around looking for evidence they aren't getting the respect they believe they deserve and then getting upset when they don't get it. Usually they are people that won't give any respect just to ensure they can find the proof that other people don't respect them.

Posted by Estee on 07-23-08 at 10:45 AM
Dan, the arch-conservative, has shown himself as being willing to listen. He is actively trying to understand people who come from paths he's never been down. Dan has allowed exposure to different viewpoints to change some of his own.

Libra, the ultra-liberal, has shown herself as being willing to scream in people's faces until they're no longer able to break into her screaming with their own protests, followed by doing it some more.

Oh, the irony.

Posted by LibraRising on 08-04-08 at 03:18 PM
Just for the record, it isn't me.

A kyngsladye klassic with an IceCat chaser

Posted by Estee on 08-04-08 at 03:26 PM
...he said as he brought out his screaming queen bouncie.

Posted by LibraRising on 08-04-08 at 04:23 PM
And I can so see her saying "How dare you insects come after ME?!"

A kyngsladye klassic with an IceCat chaser